PDA

View Full Version : Edit function and IE 10

Agravan
03-19-2013, 12:27 PM
My browser just got upgraded and now I'm having problems with the editor. The Enter/return key seems to have no effect, font changes are an issue (you change to bold and can't change back to normal). just a few minor issues. I have started creating posts in notepad and c/p to the editor. just an FYI.

Chris
03-19-2013, 12:40 PM
Sounds like you're using the Enhanced Editor. I've always had trouble with it (using Chrome). So I switched to Standard Editor.

Go to Settings, General Settings, scroll down to:

http://i.snag.gy/3ojNv.jpg

When adding a post, and you go to Advanced, you can if need be, switch to the Enhanced Editor:

http://i.snag.gy/W9H6L.jpg

Agravan
03-19-2013, 02:27 PM
Thanks Chris, i'll do that for my next post.

ADMIN
03-19-2013, 06:15 PM
This issue has presented itself on other V-Bulletin forums, and it appears to occur for members using Windows 8 and Internet Explorer 10 (and possibly the latest version of Adobe Flash). Unfortunately, although the developers are aware of it, this issue has not yet been addressed. Until a patch is released, please use the workaround described above or view the site through Internet Explorer's compatibility mode. Thank you.

Chris
03-19-2013, 06:55 PM
Or switch to Chrome.

oceanloverOH
03-20-2013, 08:21 AM
My browser just got upgraded and now I'm having problems with the editor. The Enter/return key seems to have no effect, font changes are an issue (you change to bold and can't change back to normal). just a few minor issues. I have started creating posts in notepad and c/p to the editor. just an FYI.

Just upgraded my browser this morning....experiencing the same issue. Blar. Thanks for posting a way to get around this issue, Chris, will try that.

Update: After changing my settings as recommended, I was able to fix a video post that was all wonky. Thank you!

ADMIN
07-27-2013, 02:09 PM
The issue with Internet Explorer 10 and carriage returns has now been rectified.

Agravan
07-27-2013, 02:22 PM
The issue with Internet Explorer 10 and carriage returns has now been rectified.

How many people here are old enough to know what an actual "carriage return" meant? :)

ADMIN
07-27-2013, 03:18 PM
How many people here are old enough to know what an actual "carriage return" meant? :)

I suppose at least two of us. :)

Dr. Who
07-27-2013, 04:47 PM
The issue with Internet Explorer 10 and carriage returns has now been rectified.Although I never complained, I have been having that problem for some time. Thought it was just me. Now I can have separate paragraphs. Thanks Admin. It was very frustrating.