PDA

View Full Version : How Fossil Fuels are Greening the Planet

Chris
03-19-2013, 08:20 PM
Counterintuitive as it seems, "Fossil Fuels are Greening the Planet". Here's how...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=S-nsU_DaIZE#!

Chloe
03-20-2013, 08:31 PM
Hmmm. I'm not really sure what to say to this. I kind of sort of get his thinking, but it's the type of thing that I could easily see big energy companies or politicians creating/using just to justify more drilling, fracking, and continuing on with our current way of doing things. I'm not trying to be dismissing of it but i'm having a hard time buying it.

Chris
03-20-2013, 09:25 PM
But it is based on factual evidence, so you'd need tiofalsify it with data he doesn't address.

I don't take his message to be who cares, anything goes, for he does admit man does damage his environment. But his message it that environmental alarmists blowing things out of proportion, crying wolf. It is they and politicians who support them we need to be wary of.

Pete7469
03-20-2013, 09:26 PM
Hmmm. I'm not really sure what to say to this. I kind of sort of get his thinking, but it's the type of thing that I could easily see big energy companies or politicians creating/using just to justify more drilling, fracking, and continuing on with our current way of doing things. I'm not trying to be dismissing of it but i'm having a hard time buying it.

Of course you are having a hard time "buying" it. I had a hard time when I found out liberalism was a lie too. I went to the library (it was 1993, before I new of the internet) and took out books to prove the conservative arguements were wrong. Turns out the information I found confirmed I was wrong.

At least you took the time to actually watch the video and allow yourself to be challenged. Few liberals I ever knew would do that. When I converted I pointed out to my fellow moonbats how we were being mislead, one of my better friends at least accepted liberalism was bullshit, most of the rest became almost hostile. We ended up being ostrasized from the larger group, they actually called us nazi fags at one point which made us laugh but ended an otherwise good hacky sack game after the hypocrisy was pointed out. They couldn't argue the issues took the ball and went home, but it seemed like it had more to do with popularity than anything on an intellectual level. It wasn't a big deal though, we found new friends and a source of better weed.

Pete7469
03-20-2013, 09:42 PM
Counterintuitive as it seems, "Fossil Fuels are Greening the Planet". Here's how...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=S-nsU_DaIZE#!

This sounds like common sense to anyone who's ever practiced "closet horticulture". I found out adding CO2 to a crop simply by burning a small candle made incredible difference in the rate of growth. Professional growers were said to have CO2 tanks in their operations.