Half sandwich on whole grain bread

3 Graham crackers with peanut butter

15-20 grapes with string cheese

A 100 calories pack WTF

TUNA melt on whole grain muffin

Half small bagel with 2 oz of sugar free jelly

1 low-fat fudgcicle

Ants on a log "celery with peanut butter"

I MISSED a days pay and sat half the morning reading expired magazines to HEAR THIS

YA gotta be fucking kidding me

Corntrollio
03-28-2013, 12:37 PM
good breakfast

TNHarley
03-28-2013, 12:47 PM
Did you recently find out you were diabetic?

oceanloverOH
03-28-2013, 12:51 PM
I hear ya, SLH. I am also diabetic....and unfortunately, I dislike peanut butter (3 of the options above). But, as I love vinegar, I have found jar munchies like pickles, pickled okra, green olives, spicy pickled cauliflower and vegetables, etc. to be excellent snacks. I particularly like the pickled mixed veggies, and can polish of a jar in 3 days (about 3 grams carbs per 5-piece serving).

http://www.mezzetta.com/product/10100102.html?Search=vegetables

Santa's Little Helper
03-28-2013, 01:13 PM
I hear ya, SLH. I am also diabetic....and unfortunately, I dislike peanut butter (3 of the options above). But, as I love vinegar, I have found jar munchies like pickles, pickled okra, green olives, spicy pickled cauliflower and vegetables, etc. to be excellent snacks. I particularly like the pickled mixed veggies, and can polish of a jar in 3 days (about 3 grams carbs per 5-piece serving).

I love Giardnerra but hot on an Italian beef bomber wet dipped in the juice

The joint I go to don't even fuck around with those 75¢ little cups I throw my guy afew Bucks and he puts a heaping scoop on

Corntrollio
03-28-2013, 01:17 PM
I love Giardnerra but hot on an Italian beef bomber wet dipped in the juice

thats what she said

:icon_cheers::icon_cheers::icon_cheers::icon_cheer s::icon_cheers::icon_cheers::icon_cheers::icon_che ers::icon_cheers:

oceanloverOH
03-28-2013, 01:18 PM
Well, YEAH, of course the stuff is better on a bomber! And I curse this disease every time I want an Italian pasta meal like lasagna, or a big gooey dessert....and can't have them. But....we have to deal with what we have, and it's best to try to think of what we CAN have that we like, vs. what we can't have. Right?

How long ago were you diagnosed? Me....June 2011, and already on insulin :sad6:

TNHarley
03-28-2013, 01:26 PM
My sister is 21, she was diagnosed at age 5
It was ruff
Still is, she is pretty obtuse and dont give a shit

oceanloverOH
03-28-2013, 01:38 PM
My sister is 21, she was diagnosed at age 5
It was ruff
Still is, she is pretty obtuse and dont give a shit

She must be a Type 1, those whose pancreas don't secrete ANY insulin. And that is a VERY tough and serious condition; my daughter-in-law is a Type 1. The life expectancy for patients diagnosed with Type 1 diabetes between 1950-1964 was 53 years old. New drugs and new therapies have been instituted since then and patients diagnosed with Type 1 diabetes between 1965-1980 have a life expectancy of 68 years old. I haven't seen any newer statistics, one can only hope the improvement trend continues. But a lengthened lifespan with this disease isn't possible without good drugs, therapies, and lifestyle. I hope your sis doesn't wait too long before she starts giving a shit, because this disease IS deadly without serious care.

TNHarley
03-28-2013, 01:42 PM
I know!
She has not yet
Almost lost her foot, twice!
She was in the ICU on 3 different occassions last year alone
The second time, I think her sugar was 1009.
Might be off... my memory is older than I lol
My parents bought her a $10,000 pump, she had lost it within 2 months
2 yeras ago, she didnt fill her scripts fo rinsulin for 6 months
My mom caught it thank god
It is sad..
She cares about everyone else but her..
And yes, she is type 1

oceanloverOH
03-28-2013, 01:47 PM
I know!
She has not yet
Almost lost her foot, twice!
She was in the ICU on 3 different occassions last year alone
The second time, I think her sugar was 1009.
Might be off... my memory is older than I lol
My parents bought her a 10,000 pump, she had lost it within 2 months
2 yeras ago, she didnt fill her scripts fo rinsulin for 6 months
My mom caught it thank god
It is sad..
She cares about everyone else but her..
And yes, she is type 1

OMG....my heart goes out to you and your parents....your Sis is going to get very very ill, very very soon, without some serious intervention and treatment of her disease. That's a shame. My mother refused to acknowledge her diabetes (she was only a Type 2, diagnosed in her 50s, like me).....never took her meds, ate whatever she wanted, refused to go to her doc. She developed serious kidney disease, lost a kidney, then her life. So preventable, so sad. I'll keep your Sis in my prayers, that she'll wake up and start taking care of herself.

Hugs to you, TNHarley.

TNHarley
03-28-2013, 01:50 PM
You are a sweetie :)
It has allmost gotten to the point where no one even tries to help her now..
The last time she was at the doc, he told her if something like this happens again, it would surprise him if she made it..
still has not change her way of life..
Sad really
But what can you do?
Sorry about your mom :(

oceanloverOH
03-28-2013, 01:58 PM
You are a sweetie :)
It has allmost gotten to the point where no one even tries to help her now..
The last time she was at the doc, he told her if something like this happens again, it would surprise him if she made it..
still has not change her way of life..
Sad really
But what can you do?
Sorry about your mom :(

Thanks about your sentiments for my Mom....it's been 7 years ago now. The only good thing about her passing....the minute I was diagnosed, I took a very active role in trying to keep my disease under control. I refuse to go down without a fight, I refuse to do that to my family, to make them watch as I die. So at least one good thing came from her passing.

There's not much you can do, my friend, dammitall. You KNOW her docs have talked themselves blue in the face trying to get her to accept her disease and be involved in the treatment of it. If she refuses....well, sad as it is, it's her life and her body. And unfortunately, diabetes IS deadly, it WILL kill her, and not painlessly. Damn, I'm sorry.

Santa's Little Helper
03-28-2013, 02:38 PM
Well, YEAH, of course the stuff is better on a bomber! And I curse this disease every time I want an Italian pasta meal like lasagna, or a big gooey dessert....and can't have them. But....we have to deal with what we have, and it's best to try to think of what we CAN have that we like, vs. what we can't have. Right?

How long ago were you diagnosed? Me....June 2011, and already on insulin :sad6:

Not full yet ain't gotta shoot insulin yet

I'm on the borderline gotta prick my finger everyday and log it

The doc says change my eating and I gotta lose 25 pounds get back 180-190 range it all disappear although my I'm genetically inclined cause of my folks

It ain't easy though not how I am accustomed to eating and Well I'm 49 going 50 always thought I'd just be young indestructible Well decades pass quick

Captain Obvious
03-28-2013, 04:28 PM

I love that stuff.