PDA

View Full Version : tPF Recommended YouTube channels.

Cthulhu
03-24-2020, 11:19 AM
In light of what is going on, and since I care about some of you, the greatest gift I can give is a referral to good knowledge.

One channel I like is Far North Bushcraft. It is by an old dude with am epic beard. Worth watching.

Best of luck to you guys. I'll try to post on and off when I can. Life has been interesting as a tradesmen lately.

Peter1469
03-24-2020, 11:30 AM
Will check him out, thanks.

Beevee
03-24-2020, 11:32 AM
For lovers of classical music use the youtube search for zevnikov.
This will bring you to a Youth Orchestra that also goes under the name of Kranj Symphony Orchestra.
It really is many quality performances and even if there are numerous renditions of anything you would want to hear, I can't keep myself away from this.

It also goes under the name of Gimnazija Kranj Youth Orchestra (Conductor Nejc Becan)

Peter1469
03-24-2020, 11:55 AM
For lovers of classical music use the youtube search for zevnikov.
This will bring you to a Youth Orchestra that also goes under the name of Kranj Symphony Orchestra.
It really is many quality performances and even if there are numerous renditions of anything you would want to hear, I can't keep myself away from this.

It also goes under the name of Gimnazija Kranj Youth Orchestra (Conductor Nejc Becan)
Thanks.

I also have Pandora. On there I have a classical channel that is good.

waltky
03-24-2020, 12:44 PM
Classic rock...

... country/western...

... bluegrass...

... n' folk!

countryboy
03-24-2020, 12:49 PM
This is one of my favorite channels. I have a bunch, I'll share more later. This guy also has an alternate channel by the same name but with the word "extra" added.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsE_m2z1NrvF2ImeNWh84mw

Beevee
03-24-2020, 12:56 PM
Thanks.

I also have Pandora. On there I have a classical channel that is good.

Is it visual?

Peter1469
03-24-2020, 01:00 PM
Is it visual?

I will have pics of the artist most of the time. But no video. They have 3 plans. A free plan. An intermediate plan, and the works plan. Perhaps the highest level has video. I use the intermediate plan.

Beevee
03-24-2020, 01:10 PM
I will have pics of the artist most of the time. But no video. They have 3 plans. A free plan. An intermediate plan, and the works plan. Perhaps the highest level has video. I use the intermediate plan.

What I suggested is free and you can form playlists.
But everything is visual and to me, one can't compare hearing music to actually watching each individual as being part of a whole image
Try it. You may even get hooked on the clarinetist. Magic.

Peter1469
03-24-2020, 01:13 PM
What I suggested is free and you can form playlists.
But everything is visual and to me, one can't compare hearing music to actually watching each individual as being part of a whole image
Try it. You may even get hooked on the clarinetist. Magic.
I do use Youtube as well. I rarely watch it as I am doing other things while listening. I do really like the video of Metallica S&M- they have great video of the musicians.

Hoosier8
03-24-2020, 01:28 PM
In light of what is going on, and since I care about some of you, the greatest gift I can give is a referral to good knowledge.

One channel I like is Far North Bushcraft. It is by an old dude with am epic beard. Worth watching.

Best of luck to you guys. I'll try to post on and off when I can. Life has been interesting as a tradesmen lately.
B is for Build. The guy builds some very interesting vehicles. Right now he is putting on a 65 Mustang Fastback body on a 2015 Mustang.

Beevee
03-24-2020, 03:01 PM
https://youtu.be/8KPbJ0-DxTc

countryboy
03-28-2020, 10:50 PM
Here's a couple more of my favorite YouTube channels.

I'm not really sure why I'm so fascinated with this MRE channel, but I am. The guy goes into detail about the rations, and their various histories, caloric content, and so on. Reviews both modern, and historical rations from the US, and around the world. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2I6Et1JkidnnbWgJFiMeHA

This is Paul Harrell, shooter, and knowledgeable firearms expert extraordinaire. Perfect for all of us who used to have guns before the boating accidents, to live vicariously through others. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6QH13V2o68zynSa0hZy9uQ

Retirednsmilin308
03-29-2020, 01:22 AM

I watch that one quite a bit.

I would also like to warn any members of watching some of the "survival" channels.
A lot of them put out pure crap.

Here is some PURE CRAP boxes to check.

1. " This SHOULD work fine"....means they have no idea and have never done it.

2. " These items are for sale at the links below "...means they are pushing products they have never used and / or get a kick back from.

3. Anything that begins with " Fellow PATRIOTS...."

4. Anyone who needs the money from their videos to make a living and keep their head above water as their main source of income. There is nothing wrong with making some extra $$$ from a video, but ALWAYS suspect anyone who is paid to give product information or advice on things they have never done or are only doing it for the money.

It seems anyone with a video camera now can become a YT "expert" on anything now.

Check the link below on my instructional video on how to do brain surgery on the dining room table with normal household utensils.

Retirednsmilin308
03-29-2020, 01:27 AM
Just last night I saw some videos on how to make a COVID-19 safe mask using paper towels and rubber bands.

They WILL NOT filter out a virus. You need at least a 0.3 micron filter for that.

Fortunately there are some lint-free shop rags that will do just that if you double them up.

Retirednsmilin308
03-29-2020, 01:33 AM
Here's a couple more of my favorite YouTube channels.

I'm not really sure why I'm so fascinated with this MRE channel, but I am. The guy goes into detail about the rations, and their various histories, caloric content, and so on. Reviews both modern, and historical rations from the US, and around the world. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2I6Et1JkidnnbWgJFiMeHA

This is Paul Harrell, shooter, and knowledgeable firearms expert extraordinaire. Perfect for all of us who used to have guns before the boating accidents, to live vicariously through others. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6QH13V2o68zynSa0hZy9uQ

Hard to beat Paul Harrell. I even like him more than Hickock45.

Cletus
03-29-2020, 03:23 AM
Hard to beat Paul Harrell. I even like him more than Hickock45.
Harrell is reasonably competent, but he has the personality of a wet dishrag.

countryboy
03-29-2020, 09:28 AM
Harrell is reasonably competent, but he has the personality of a wet dishrag.

I'm not at all surprised you would feel that way.