PDA

View Full Version : Molestation by Syracuse Basketball Coach

Conley
11-19-2011, 10:52 AM
This is the month that should shake college athletics to its core.

Forget point-shaving and the paying of quarterbacks.

Forget tattoo-parlor backroom dealings, phone call excesses and purported agent runners.

Syracuse assistant Bernie Fine is accused by two former ball boys of sexual molestation.

With people still reeling from accusations that former Penn State defensive coordinator Jerry Sandusky molested at least eight boys and the university either did nothing, or worse, was complicit in a cover-up, ESPN's "Outside the Lines" is reporting that longtime Syracuse assistant basketball coach Bernie Fine is being investigated for molesting former ball boy Bobby Davis and his stepbrother, Mike Lang.

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/7248734/if-true-bernie-fine-allegations-another-example-true-scandal-college-basketball

Can't believe there's more of this awfulness...the details aren't in this article but I heard some of what happened on the radio and it is extremely disturbing >:( >:( >:(

Mister D
11-19-2011, 01:52 PM
I heard about this too. Bad month for college athletics! :o

Conley
11-20-2011, 02:54 PM
I heard about this too. Bad month for college athletics! :o

You can say that again. Probably the worst ever. There was also a fatal plane crash of Oklahoma State players and coaches, which is bad for other reasons of course.