PDA

View Full Version : How much are you able to get outside right now.

donttread
04-05-2020, 07:13 AM
Here in the sticks, even in my small town, I have enough room to spend time outside every day, Turning over the garden, feeding the birds ( and Chipmonks and Squirrels ), raking, looking over small jobs to be done, taking walks and today I'm going fishing.
That's my sanity time.

How about you folks? How are you staying connected to the world outside your 4 walls?

Peter1469
04-05-2020, 07:21 AM
I get out most days. I can also spend time on my balcony.

hanger4
04-05-2020, 07:26 AM
Livin in the sticks here also, our nearest neighbor is over the hill outa sight about 80 to 100 yards away. Our daily life style hasn't changed short of shopping when necessary.

donttread
04-05-2020, 07:27 AM
I get out most days. I can also spend time on my balcony.

That sounds peaceful. Above the fray so to speak.

Hoosier8
04-05-2020, 07:30 AM
I live downtown and had my first porch pirate incident. I can get way out by flying.

Trish
04-05-2020, 07:31 AM
I can go outside and walk around my property without worry of encountering others. Yesterday, I sat out on my patio outback with my coffee and watched the bunnies chase each other, the squirrels scurry up and down the trees, two beautiful blue birds poke at bugs on a old tree stump, a red bird and a woodpecker. It's been a long time since I've seen a woodpecker..... It's been a long time since I've taken the time to slow down and look around me.

Tomorrow I'll go back to work in my home office.

MMC
04-05-2020, 08:27 AM
I go to work everynight. 3months ago I switched jobs after being offered days. So I left the Newspaper Industry after 17 years. The other job lied and put me on nights. Then released me Right before I was to make the 90 days. 80 days in. So I returned back to my old job after the 2nd week of March. Which again I am back on nights. According to the state.....we are essential.

Besides work 7 nights a week. Where I live. My significant other and I are able to get out for walks. Walking the trail or even around the condo units. Only a few others are out walking their dogs. We can sit out on the patio or by the garage if the weather is decent out.

Back and forth with work. Not many out on the roads. Nor even at gas stations. At night. Days.....people are out and about.

countryboy
04-05-2020, 08:32 AM
In the sticks here too. Yesterday the wife and I worked outside. Started unbuttoning the Cat Shack from winter tarp lockdown, cut down a few small trees, did a little mowing, and went for a ride on the four wheeler to change out the memory cards on the trail cams.

Standing Wolf
04-05-2020, 11:00 AM
I take our two dogs out in the back yard several times a day. They could go out by themselves, as there's a block wall all around the property in back, but if she's not supervised my Gemma will bark at everything that moves or makes a noise, however far off. (The other day she barked at a small plane passing overhead.) I put the trash and recycling barrels out on Sunday nights. That's about it. I'm not super paranoid about it, but my family freaks out if I mention wanting to go to the store. Given my age and medical history and issues, I get it; the risk may be relatively small, but if I pick this thing up it's going to kill me, and I'm not quite ready for that.

donttread
04-05-2020, 05:07 PM
I can go outside and walk around my property without worry of encountering others. Yesterday, I sat out on my patio outback with my coffee and watched the bunnies chase each other, the squirrels scurry up and down the trees, two beautiful blue birds poke at bugs on a old tree stump, a red bird and a woodpecker. It's been a long time since I've seen a woodpecker..... It's been a long time since I've taken the time to slow down and look around me.

Tomorrow I'll go back to work in my home office.

If it gets warmer my "home office" will be outside.

Mister D
04-05-2020, 05:12 PM
I run about 20 miles a week and go out of way to take walks in the early afternoon weather permitting. It helps replicate movement around office, up and down 3 flights of stairs etc. I also drink a beer and read outside when its in the 60s. The next few days look promising in that regard.

FindersKeepers
04-05-2020, 05:45 PM
I run about 20 miles a week and go out of way to take walks in the early afternoon weather permitting. It helps replicate movement around office, up and down 3 flights of stairs etc. I also drink a beer and read outside when its in the 60s. The next few days look promising in that regard.

I love reading outside when the weather permits -- and sometimes I have a cup of jasmine tea to go with it. I try to walk briskly about 3 miles at least 3 times per week, my knees don't like jogging so much anymore. And, my office is on the second floor so I'm up and down numerous times a day.

I'm really looking forward to warmer weather to get my garden planted, weeded, etc. Just being outdoors is therapeutic.

Mister D
04-06-2020, 10:22 AM
I love reading outside when the weather permits -- and sometimes I have a cup of jasmine tea to go with it. I try to walk briskly about 3 miles at least 3 times per week, my knees don't like jogging so much anymore. And, my office is on the second floor so I'm up and down numerous times a day.

I'm really looking forward to warmer weather to get my garden planted, weeded, etc. Just being outdoors is therapeutic.
I will be planting early this year. The weather has been great. I already have dinosaur kale out there. I'll probably plant the Summer seedlings (peppers etc.) by mid month. Looking forward to it.