PDA

View Full Version : Cutler Breaks Thumb May Need Surgery and Miss the Rest of the Season

Conley
11-20-2011, 10:46 PM
CHICAGO -- Chicago Bears quarterback Jay Cutler is expected to have surgery on his broken right thumb and is likely to miss the rest of the regular season, according to a source familiar with the situation.

Cutler passed for 286 yards and two touchdowns in a 31-20 victory over the Chargers, the Bears' fifth straight. It's unclear when he suffered the injury.

Cutler did not talk about an injury during his postgame comments to reporters.

http://espn.go.com/chicago/nfl/story/_/id/7263009/source-chicago-bears-jay-cutler-miss-rest-regular-season

Well that stinks >:( JC needs a healing miracle! :o

MMC
11-21-2011, 02:20 AM
Yeah.....he still threw the ball 5 or 6 times after he injured it. But didnt say anything even during his post game interview? Now it's a season ending injury? Best man up!

Mister D
11-21-2011, 08:58 AM
That stinks for the Bears. Oh well...I guess I'll have to watch Brady.

Conley
11-21-2011, 09:01 AM
Yeah.....he still threw the ball 5 or 6 times after he injured it. But didnt say anything even during his post game interview? Now it's a season ending injury? Best man up!

Yeah, he's never been very talkative with the media, you know :D

Jay Cutler Says "You Know" 57 Times During Interview (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L9WCPxDYBjg#)

Conley
11-21-2011, 09:01 AM

Cold man, cold. JC is just a piece of meat to you? :D

Mister D
11-21-2011, 09:18 AM

Cold man, cold. JC is just a piece of meat to you? :D

What can I do but pray for the man and his thumb? I've been a loyal supporter unlike a supposed Bears fan who shall remain nameless. >:(

Conley
11-21-2011, 09:31 AM
:rofl: That's true, you've been a better fan than many.

Really if he can put off the surgery until after the season then the Bears have a good shot to make some noise, their schedule is very easy down the stretch. Even if they lose to Green Bay it'll be the third meeting once in the playoffs that will be the one that makes the difference.

edit: the news doesn't make it sound like putting off the surgery is an option, but he could come back for the playoffs

The Chicago Tribune reports that Cutler's initial timetable for return is 6-8 weeks. Per the Sun Times' Sean Jensen, "there is a fear" that Cutler may not play again this year, but "there will be more tests." ESPN Chicago's Mike Wright also reports that Cutler will require surgery, so this is clearly a more significant thumb break than Ben Roethlisberger's. Caleb Hanie would take over as the Bears' starter, much to Mike Martz's chagrin. We can wait for more confirmation this week, but all signs point to Cutler's regular season being over. Chicago's chances at a playoff run are going to take a big hit.

Mister D
11-21-2011, 09:38 AM
Who is their back up? Is he competent?

Conley
11-21-2011, 09:49 AM

The backup is Caleb Hanie...I don't know if he's any good. MMC spoke very highly of him but that may have been his anti Cutler bias! >:( :o :D

Mister D
11-21-2011, 10:01 AM

The backup is Caleb Hanie...I don't know if he's any good. MMC spoke very highly of him but that may have been his anti Cutler bias! >:( :o :D

Yeah, most likely. ::) Maybe they can get Cutler back into the game sooner than has been forecasted.,

MMC
11-21-2011, 01:16 PM
Yes he is a competent back-up. Technically picked from the draft. Would have been the starter rookie if they would have never took Cutler. Like Cutler he can run and he has an arm. Only Limited experience so blitz packages will be difficult for him if the Bears don't put in screens and short passes. Tho he can take off with the ball and he is faster than Cutler and does not throw off his back foot all the time.

All he needs is the experience and in Several peoples opinions they think he could be one of the Top QB's in the league. But that won't happen sitting on the bench behind Cutler.

Bears will have to look to Forte to carry most of the load now. Once again Cutler gets hurt at an oppourtune time. Par for the Course. Lucky I am not Da Coach. I would be like yo mofo that thumb best be hanging by a thread or something like got turned around and bones sticking out of it. If not get that azz back on the field Mr 20 million Dollar man.