PDA

View Full Version : Obama Puts New Sanctions on Iran.....

MMC
11-22-2011, 08:45 AM

Peter1469
11-22-2011, 10:58 AM
Combine this with the rolling up of our spy network. Having no operational spy network makes war more likely.

Conley
11-22-2011, 11:07 AM
Combine this with the rolling up of our spy network. Having no operational spy network makes war more likely.

It seems the administration made a much bigger stink about the supposed Iran assassination plot on US soil than they are doing about the captured spies. It would be nice to at least try to get our people back.

Peter1469
11-22-2011, 11:10 AM

It seems the administration made a much bigger stink about the supposed Iran assassination plot on US soil than they are doing about the captured spies. It would be nice to at least try to get our people back.

I imagine that it is too late for that.

And they aren't "our people." They were Iranians that took money from us and gave us info.

Conley
11-22-2011, 11:18 AM

I imagine that it is too late for that.

And they aren't "our people." They were Iranians that took money from us and gave us info.

Oh, I thought they were U.S. Sorry :D I am trying to post and work at the same time and not doing either one well...not making much sense with my posts. I should probably take a break.

Peter1469
11-22-2011, 12:49 PM
No worries. I am at home sick so I have less distractions.

Conley
11-22-2011, 03:03 PM
No worries. I am at home sick so I have less distractions.

Ah, that stinks. Hope you feel better. I'm probably going to quit working here in an hour or two.

Peter1469
11-22-2011, 03:29 PM
Thanks. Not a big deal. I will go to work tomorrow.

waltky
10-23-2012, 02:22 PM
And cut off China? - I seriously doubt it...
:wink:
Iran Threatens to Halt Crude Exports If Sanctions Intensify
Oct 23, 2012 - Iran will suspend all oil exports, pushing global crude prices higher, if the U.S. and Europe tighten sanctions further on the OPEC member’s economy, Oil Minister Rostam Qasemi warned.

“If you continue to add to the sanctions, we will stop our oil exports to the world,” he said at a news conference in Dubai. “The lack of Iranian oil in the market would drastically add to the price.”

Iran wants “reasonable” prices for crude and doesn’t seek an increase, he said earlier today. Brent crude for December settlement was $1.09 lower at $108.35 a barrel on the London- based ICE Futures Europe exchange at 2:36 p.m. local time. Prices for the grade have risen 11 percent since the European Union banned purchases of Iranian crude on July 1.

Iran’s oil exports have dwindled in the face of U.S. and EU sanctions on its energy and financial industries. The International Energy Agency, which advises the world’s biggest industrialized economies, reported that Iranian shipments slumped to 860,000 barrels a day in September from 1.1 million barrels in August. About 40 percent of Iran’s exports last month were destined for China, according to tanker-tracking data compiled by Bloomberg.

A unilateral halt in Iran’s oil sales would be “extremely unlikely,” said Robin Mills, head of consulting at Dubai-based Manaar Energy Consulting and Project Management.

Commercial ‘Suicide’ (http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-10-23/iran-to-halt-oil-exports-if-sanctions-intensify-qasemi-says-1-.html)