Book released. John who?

Guess which book sells more copies.

"Bolton...wasn't he a plumber?"

Tahuyaman
07-07-2020, 05:12 PM
Huh?

RichardMZhlubb
07-07-2020, 05:17 PM
Most interesting tidbit I've heard so far from the book is that Donald Trump paid someone to take his SATs for him. He's clearly been a cheater for his entire life.

Adelaide
07-07-2020, 05:21 PM
I can see value in hearing from his family, but she's acting as though this is a reflection of her professional credentials as a psychologist. A psychologist should not assess or diagnose or treat their family member for ethical and professional reasons.

That said, I would like to read it. I am curious.

Retirednsmilin308
07-07-2020, 05:32 PM
I can see value in hearing from his family, but she's acting as though this is a reflection of her professional credentials as a psychologist. A psychologist should not assess or diagnose or treat their family member for ethical and professional reasons.

That said, I would like to read it. I am curious.

A good read is a good read, no matter what.
Even if you know there is an agenda behind it.
Matters not.

I am reading a good one right now by Bill Breakenridge. A deputy marshall in Tombstone who was there to see all of it.
The OK shootout, the arrival of the Earp's, the build up of the town, and knew or met all of them.

Good read.

...and Wyatt Earp was a real bastid in his opinion.

Did you know he was called the " Pimp Of Peoria " because he ran the biggest bordello in the town.

Docthehun
07-07-2020, 05:49 PM
Huh?

Go back to sleep.

Tahuyaman
07-07-2020, 05:55 PM
Go back to sleep.
Occasionally you actually show some ability to make some sense.

Tahuyaman
07-07-2020, 05:55 PM
Most interesting tidbit I've heard so far from the book is that Donald Trump paid someone to take his SATs for him. He's clearly been a cheater for his entire life.
I seriously doubt that is true.

carolina73
07-07-2020, 06:01 PM
Book released. John who?

Guess which book sells more copies.

"Bolton...wasn't he a plumber?"
It is the same with all these insider books. The bulk of their sales are pre-orders or for a few days until everyone realizes that their is nothing they can use.

Common
07-07-2020, 06:31 PM
One thing is for certain and that is that everyone knows that everything said in a tell all book by butt hurt ex employees and estranged family is always true

Docthehun
07-07-2020, 06:39 PM
One thing is for certain and that is that everyone knows that everything said in a tell all book by butt hurt ex employees and estranged family is always true

It will be a best seller. I suppose in the category of fiction. Or not...

RichardMZhlubb
07-07-2020, 06:45 PM
I seriously doubt that is true.
Why? It's perfectly consistent with his belief that ethical rules and norms don't apply to him. He cheats at everything, why not the SATs?

countryboy
07-07-2020, 06:45 PM

You have verifiable evidence of this? Don't be so gullible McFly.

The Xl
07-07-2020, 06:51 PM
Probably just trying to cash in.

Tahuyaman
07-07-2020, 07:08 PM
Why? It's perfectly consistent with his belief that ethical rules and norms don't apply to him. He cheats at everything, why not the SATs?
Well, you are one of these who will believe anything fed to you as long as it supports "orange man bad".

When someone makes an accusation about something specific that happened before she was born and provides no supportive evidence, I tend to be skeptical. Especially when that person has an axe to grind because she felt slighted in a will.

The timing also seems suspicious.

Tahuyaman
07-07-2020, 07:09 PM
Probably just trying to cash in.
She did contest Fred Trump's will.

countryboy
07-07-2020, 07:21 PM

This is only true if you believe every "anonymous source" over the last 4 years. Which, evidently you do. You're perfect fodder for stupid shit like this.

zelmo1234
07-07-2020, 07:27 PM

Would that be like Obama Claiming to be from another country to get in ???

NO that is why he released that information??? OH I guess he didn't

I am sick and tired of this BS, if you want to call our one side stop pretending your side is not full of Shit too.

midcan5
07-08-2020, 05:42 AM

Except that she doesn't fit your assumption. But assume on, you know what they say.

Calypso Jones
07-26-2020, 04:35 PM
Mary Trump had her 7.5 minutes of fame.

Peter1469
07-26-2020, 05:36 PM
Mary Trump had her 7.5 minutes of fame.
Who?

Perianne
07-26-2020, 05:40 PM
Ah.... she's a lesbian. They tend to be unhappy people.

Calypso Jones
07-26-2020, 06:13 PM
The media dropped her in no time at all. I haven't even seen anything lately about her book. I don't know if it was released.

My opinion is that Mr. Stephanopoulus, and other media personalities, recognized that Mary was a leaky vessel.

John Galt
07-26-2020, 07:13 PM
Ah.... she's a lesbian. They tend to be unhappy people.

Really? I always heard they were all gay?

Perianne
07-26-2020, 07:54 PM
Really? I always heard they were all gay?
Now that's a good one. You funny John Galt.

John Galt
07-26-2020, 08:26 PM
Now that's a good one. You funny John Galt.

I crack myself up.

gamewell45
07-26-2020, 09:35 PM
She's laughing all the way to the bank.

Peter1469
07-27-2020, 04:29 AM
Not with billions. :smiley:

gamewell45
07-27-2020, 06:38 AM
that's true. But I'm sure she's happy either way. I wonder if her uncle will get the last word?

Peter1469
07-27-2020, 07:29 AM
that's true. But I'm sure she's happy either way. I wonder if her uncle will get the last word?
I think that is a goal of his.

gamewell45
07-27-2020, 07:36 AM
I think that is a goal of his.

Film at 11.

John Galt
07-27-2020, 11:02 AM

Hard cover has already smashed the total sales for 'The Art Of The Deal'.

carolina73
07-27-2020, 11:11 AM
The media dropped her in no time at all. I haven't even seen anything lately about her book. I don't know if it was released.

My opinion is that Mr. Stephanopoulus, and other media personalities, recognized that Mary was a leaky vessel.
She was already proven to lie about the SAT scores. It was all over then.

Collateral Damage
07-27-2020, 11:19 AM
By number or by dollar?

John Galt
07-27-2020, 11:21 AM
By number or by dollar?
Sales. 1.5 million in week one. Dollar count wouldn't make sense, given the chronology.

carolina73
07-27-2020, 11:25 AM

Most of those will rot in warehouses with copies of Hillary's books. The book payoff scam is Democrats by the books by the truckloads to payoff the publisher and author. The books do not cost that much to produce so it is a efficient payoff
scheme, especially now with electronic book sales. It looks bad if they pay her directly to just write the propaganda and then it does not sell.

John Galt
07-27-2020, 11:33 AM
Most of those will rot in warehouses with copies of Hillary's books. The book payoff scam is Democrats by the books by the truckloads to payoff the publisher and author. The books do not cost that much to produce so it is a efficient payoff
scheme, especially now with electronic book sales. It looks bad if they pay her directly to just write the propaganda and then it does not sell.

That does indeed happen. When Palin wrote her book, she used campaign money to buy tens of thousands of copies to be given away to donors. Same with 'Lil trump's' recent book.

But Mary isn't a politician, not that it can't happen here. Do you have some sort of documentation that the DNC has warehoused these books? It's possible to find out if there have been bulk sales. The figure 1.5 million includes pre sales, ebooks and audiobooks.

Bolton's book sold about 800,000 in its first week. Do you believe DNC rushed to give Bolton its money?

carolina73
07-27-2020, 11:42 AM
That does indeed happen. When Palin wrote her book, she used campaign money to buy tens of thousands of copies to be given away to donors. Same with 'Lil trump's' recent book.

But Mary isn't a politician, not that it can't happen here. Do you have some sort of documentation that the DNC has warehoused these books? It's possible to find out if there have been bulk sales. The figure 1.5 million includes pre sales, ebooks and audiobooks.

Bolton's book sold about 800,000 in its first week. Do you believe DNC rushed to give Bolton its money?

You are correct that it happens on both sides. Simon & Schuster is not taking risks. They have guarantees before the give them millions up front. The author of See Spot Run is not getting front money. They are not gambling.
The anti-Trump stories are being paid for by left wing sources. And yes the same happens in the other direction.

Tahuyaman
07-27-2020, 11:51 AM
So what? People like gossip.

Tahuyaman
07-27-2020, 11:53 AM
The DNC probably bought a million copies to give away to donors.

pragmatic
07-27-2020, 11:57 AM

Yeah, not much doubt that was at least part of her motivations. Along with a certain amount of revenge/payback for getting booted from the family fortunes. A well timed opportunistic publication a few month before The Donald's re-election vote.

Suspect there is a degree of truth to many/most of the stories in her book. Which isn't to say she hasn't heavily slanted/fabricated details to sensationalize the book and tantalize a hungry anti-trump Left audience. Kudos to Mary...harvest the quick cash/fame and move on with her life.

"Ms. Trump’s status as an outcast culminated in 1999 when Fred Trump Sr. died, and she discovered that she and her brother had been cut out of his will, depriving them of what they believed was their rightful share of untold millions. A dispute over the will devolved into a court fight, its details shielded by a confidentiality agreement that Ms. Trump has adhered to for nearly 20 years."

NY Times

John Galt
07-27-2020, 11:59 AM
You are correct that it happens on both sides. Simon & Schuster is not taking risks. They have guarantees before the give them millions up front. The author of See Spot Run is not getting front money. They are not gambling.
The anti-Trump stories are being paid for by left wing sources. And yes the same happens in the other direction.Who the heck wanted to read Palin's book? With books like that, I can see the gobbling up of bulk sales.

But trump is a hot topic, and every book written about him/his WH has been selling large numbers. I don't know if there's a need to make bulk purchases. In fact, I'd bet that the vast majority will be ebooks. I did read that these numbers referenced 'hard cover' sales, but I don't know if that's accurate.

John Galt
07-27-2020, 12:04 PM
Yeah, not much doubt that was at least part of her motivations. Along with a certain amount of revenge/payback for getting booted from the family fortunes. A well timed opportunistic publication a few month before The Donald's re-election vote.

Suspect there is a degree of truth to many/most of the stories in her book. Which isn't to say she hasn't heavily slanted/fabricated details to sensationalize the book and tantalize a hungry anti-trump Left audience. Kudos to Mary...harvest the quick cash/fame and move on with her life.

"Ms. Trump’s status as an outcast culminated in 1999 when Fred Trump Sr. died, and she discovered that she and her brother had been cut out of his will, depriving them of what they believed was their rightful share of untold millions. A dispute over the will devolved into a court fight, its details shielded by a confidentiality agreement that Ms. Trump has adhered to for nearly 20 years."

NY Times

She has stated that she was aghast when he won the election, knowing exactly what kind of person he is. Most of her fears have come to fruition, and I believe her stated goal was to inform the electorate about who trump is.

In '16, given the fact that nobody seemed to care about the numerous stories of trump's indiscretions, and shady business practices, she deemed it a waste of time to write a book. She'd be viewed as a woman scorned, and it would have blended in with the media circus surrounding trump.

After 3+ years of a trump presidency, she feels that people will accept the book now given all of the evidence of its accuracy.

pragmatic
07-27-2020, 12:25 PM
She has stated that she was aghast when he won the election, knowing exactly what kind of person he is. Most of her fears have come to fruition, and I believe her stated goal was to inform the electorate about who trump is.

In '16, given the fact that nobody seemed to care about the numerous stories of trump's indiscretions, and shady business practices, she deemed it a waste of time to write a book. She'd be viewed as a woman scorned, and it would have blended in with the media circus surrounding trump.

After 3+ years of a trump presidency, she feels that people will accept the book now given all of the evidence of its accuracy.

People tend to believe what they want to believe. Inject the variable of strong partisanship and the pattern increases.

Personally don't think Trump is going to win re-election. Which is fine. Not a big fan of the fella. But the reaction to the Mary Trump book is just predictable political cheering. Anything negative stated about the opposition is automatically embraced as the gospel.

There isn't a lot of mystery to Trump. He's a pompous/egotistical/uncivil personality (and he prolly cheats at golf). But the Mary Trump book simply introduced new catnip for the loyal Trump hate squad. It provided granular little day to day tidbits to make us really, really hate the guy. "When Trump found out his brother had died he callously went off to the movies!!".

Meh...

Collateral Damage
07-27-2020, 01:15 PM
Sales. 1.5 million in week one. Dollar count wouldn't make sense, given the chronology.
Like Trump's body count at his rallies, the number is a bit lower, at 1.35M. And most are saying 'will likely exceed', so bet hedging is in full force.

I won't be buying a copy. I'm sure the general public who has better things to do with a buck-twenty, will get the blow by blow break down of her 'memories'. Considering how old she must have been during the years she had active contact while Donald was growing up, she isn't even speaking of first hand experience during his formative years. He was 19 when she was born.

I feel badly for those who actually put any stock in her book, much less a dollar investment.

IMO, she's really the vindictive relative who feels she was shorted when her rich uncle cut her out of his will.

Peter1469
07-27-2020, 01:18 PM

How many of those were bulk sales?

Peter1469
07-27-2020, 01:21 PM

She feared lower taxes
cutting of over regulation
criminal justice reform
and more...

Standing Wolf
07-27-2020, 01:34 PM
A good read is a good read, no matter what.
Even if you know there is an agenda behind it.
Matters not.

I am reading a good one right now by Bill Breakenridge. A deputy marshall in Tombstone who was there to see all of it.
The OK shootout, the arrival of the Earp's, the build up of the town, and knew or met all of them.

Good read.

...and Wyatt Earp was a real bastid in his opinion.

Did you know he was called the " Pimp Of Peoria " because he ran the biggest bordello in the town.

Wyatt was no angel, but Breakenridge was no unbiased observer by any stretch. Both he and his boss Johnny Behan were overly friendly with the area's "cowboys" (which in that time and place pretty much meant "thug" and described those whose primary employment consisted of rustling, highway robbery and murder) which was exactly the contingent that objected to the Earp brothers' attempts at keeping the peace and seeing justice done. The allegations in Breakenridge's book are roundly denied by many other Tombstone residents of the time, who maintain that, like so many other "frontier memoirs" of the era, it is largely self-serving fiction. (As for the brothel business, at that time and place it was a legal one.)

John Galt
07-27-2020, 01:46 PM
People tend to believe what they want to believe. Inject the variable of strong partisanship and the pattern increases.

Personally don't think Trump is going to win re-election. Which is fine. Not a big fan of the fella. But the reaction to the Mary Trump book is just predictable political cheering. Anything negative stated about the opposition is automatically embraced as the gospel.

There isn't a lot of mystery to Trump. He's a pompous/egotistical/uncivil personality (and he prolly cheats at golf). But the Mary Trump book simply introduced new catnip for the loyal Trump hate squad. It provided granular little day to day tidbits to make us really, really hate the guy. "When Trump found out his brother had died he callously went off to the movies!!".

Meh...
First...there's no 'maybe' about him cheating at golf. Why should golf be different than his business practices? I would say that Bolton's book feeds the need for people who need to hate trump, but it also offers an insight into this incompetent foreign policy.

What Mary's book does, is offer insight into the psychology of growing up trump. We already know that Fred Drumpf took government handouts and created a real estate empire from the construction business his mother was involved in. What we didn't necessarily know is that he was a terrible father who is responsible for his son's psychoses.

It might cause some to pity trump, as opposed to hate him. Hopefully, it will cause the rational beings who 'took a chance' on him in '16, to evaluate his fitness for the position in '20.

As if they don't already know.

John Galt
07-27-2020, 01:47 PM
How many of those were bulk sales?

If there's a claim on the table, I'll read the citation.

John Galt
07-27-2020, 01:49 PM
Like Trump's body count at his rallies, the number is a bit lower, at 1.35M. And most are saying 'will likely exceed', so bet hedging is in full force.

I won't be buying a copy. I'm sure the general public who has better things to do with a buck-twenty, will get the blow by blow break down of her 'memories'. Considering how old she must have been during the years she had active contact while Donald was growing up, she isn't even speaking of first hand experience during his formative years. He was 19 when she was born.

I feel badly for those who actually put any stock in her book, much less a dollar investment.

IMO, she's really the vindictive relative who feels she was shorted when her rich uncle cut her out of his will.
Grandfather, no doubt at her uncle's urging. I won't be spending any money on the myriad books that have come out, or the ones on the horizon. I can't wait for the Cliff Notes version of Cohen's book, though.

Collateral Damage
07-27-2020, 02:48 PM
Grandfather, no doubt at her uncle's urging. I won't be spending any money on the myriad books that have come out, or the ones on the horizon. I can't wait for the Cliff Notes version of Cohen's book, though.
I stand corrected in regards to who died, but why would you assume 'at the Uncle's urging?' Why would it be assumed that a grand child would get anything? Most inheritance kerfluffles come from generation skipping clauses, when per stirpes usually covers the issue. Were any other grandchildren passed over?

Several sites claim that Donald had 'undue influence', without any supporting information, but give no reason why Donald would have done so.

carolina73
07-27-2020, 02:59 PM
Grandpa left the business to the man that was already a success. Mary's father was just a drunk and that was how he killed himself.

Mary Trump has already changed her story on the SAT scandal and just say it was some smart kid now.

gamewell45
07-27-2020, 03:20 PM

NY Times

Guess it runs in the family, after all she's a Trump and knows how to make money; just like her uncle. :)

Perianne
07-27-2020, 03:24 PM
I wonder if she calls herself Mary tRumpf?

Collateral Damage
07-27-2020, 03:31 PM
I actually laughed at that. Exotix would love ya for that!

John Galt
07-27-2020, 04:29 PM
I stand corrected in regards to who died, but why would you assume 'at the Uncle's urging?' Why would it be assumed that a grand child would get anything? Most inheritance kerfluffles come from generation skipping clauses, when per stirpes usually covers the issue. Were any other grandchildren passed over?

Several sites claim that Donald had 'undue influence', without any supporting information, but give no reason why Donald would have done so.
If you study this grossly dysfunctional family, you will find that Fred Jr. was persona non grata. He didn't want anything to do with the family business, so Sr. had to go to his default position and bring Donald in.

Jr. drank himself to death, which was an embarrassment to the family. I'm sure there are particulars as to whether or not Jr's share was taken out of the will and given to the other siblings. It's not that important to me. I do know that when Jr's kids contested the will when Sr. died, it was a battle that Donald was happy to have. If there's money on the table, trump will fight to keep it all for himself.

John Galt
07-27-2020, 04:30 PM

I think it's Drumpf.

Retirednsmilin308
07-27-2020, 04:55 PM
Wyatt was no angel, but Breakenridge was no unbiased observer by any stretch. Both he and his boss Johnny Behan were overly friendly with the area's "cowboys" (which in that time and place pretty much meant "thug" and described those whose primary employment consisted of rustling, highway robbery and murder) which was exactly the contingent that objected to the Earp brothers' attempts at keeping the peace and seeing justice done. The allegations in Breakenridge's book are roundly denied by many other Tombstone residents of the time, who maintain that, like so many other "frontier memoirs" of the era, it is largely self-serving fiction. (As for the brothel business, at that time and place it was a legal one.)

I never said anything about his brothel in Peoria was illegal.
Most brothels everywhere back then were legal.
I did not mention the legality of anything.
I am just saying what others said happened and knew as true.

I also know most "tell all" novels back then and today are heavily biased by the eyes of the beholder.

Still, it is refreshing to heard a counterpoint to the saintly Wyatt Earp.

The real truth is almost always somewhere in between.

Peter1469
07-27-2020, 05:13 PM
If you study this grossly dysfunctional family, you will find that Fred Jr. was persona non grata. He didn't want anything to do with the family business, so Sr. had to go to his default position and bring Donald in.

Jr. drank himself to death, which was an embarrassment to the family. I'm sure there are particulars as to whether or not Jr's share was taken out of the will and given to the other siblings. It's not that important to me. I do know that when Jr's kids contested the will when Sr. died, it was a battle that Donald was happy to have. If there's money on the table, trump will fight to keep it all for himself.
The only people who win estate battles are the lawyers- if they last a long time.

Perianne
07-27-2020, 06:29 PM
I think it's Drumpf.
She has probably thought about adopting the "Magnimus" name, like Donaldus Magnimus has earned.

It does fit rather nicely, Mary Magnimus. Almost religious-sounding.