PDA

View Full Version : Duplicate Threads

Private Pickle
04-17-2013, 05:14 PM
So one thing that I've seen a lot of, especially recently, are duplicate threads. I mean sometimes there are straight up duplicates and sometimes there are new threads created to tout updates of a topic from an already existing thread. Why do you people do that? Is it important to you that you create threads people talk in even though you're stepping on someone else's thread? F for originality!

Primarily, duplicate threads take away from the topic in that it spreads out the discussion and waters down the debate.

Not sure how the licensing works on the server/storage side of this site but all the duplicate threads can't be good.

I suggest mods start closing duplicate threads with links to the originals. Combining threads are also an options. The practice should be discouraged.

Chris
04-17-2013, 05:32 PM
I think some are too lazy to look see if the topic already exists.

If members report it mods can look at and try to merge.

Cigar
04-17-2013, 05:40 PM
Oh please don't tell me you're going to cry.

http://rlv.zcache.com/no_one_likes_a_tattle_tale_sticker-p217242191708728736qjcl_400.jpg

Chris
04-17-2013, 05:47 PM
On a public forum where everyone sees what everyone posts? What are you still noob who thinks a forum is one on one private discussion? LOL