PDA

View Full Version : NATO Heicopter ATTACK Takes out 2 Pakistan Army CheckPoints.....

MMC
11-26-2011, 08:38 AM
http://news.yahoo.com/pakistan-25-troops-dead-nato-helicopter-attack-085244024.html
AP – 50 mins ago.....

Pakistan: 25 troops dead in NATO helicopter attack.
PESHAWAR, Pakistan (AP) — Pakistan on Saturday accused NATO helicopters of firing on two army checkpoints in the northwest and killing 25 soldiers, then retaliated by closing a key border crossing used by the coalition to supply its troops in neighboring Afghanistan.

The incident Friday night was a major blow to already strained relations between Islamabad and U.S.-led forces fighting in Afghanistan. It will add to perceptions in Pakistan that the American presence in the region is malevolent, and to resentment toward the weak government in Islamabad for co-operating with Washington.

In a statement, Prime Minister Yusuf Raza Gilani strongly condemned the alleged NATO attack, and said government was taking it up "in the strongest terms with NATO and the U.S.

A Pakistani customs official told The Associated Press that he received verbal orders Saturday to stop all NATO supplies from crossing the border through Torkham in either direction. A transporter who runs a terminal at the border where NATO trucks park before they cross confirmed the closure. They spoke on condition of anonymity because of the sensitivity of the matter.
Torkham runs through the famed Khyber Pass and is the main crossing to Afghanistan from Pakistan, the country through which NATO ships about 30 percent of the non-lethal supplies used by its Afghan-based forces. A short stoppage will have no effect on the war effort, but it is a reminder of the leverage Pakistan has over the United States from the supply routes to landlocked Afghanistan running through its territory.....snip~

Not good.....the Pakis closed the pass down immediately. They stated their Army check points had been set up recenty to counter attacks from militants they say are coming out of the Eastern parts of Afghanistan. Kunar and Nuristan. Note the piece states where the US has already pulled our Troopers out of those areas.

Course we now have Gen. Allen of the Marines saying he is going to being running Spec Ops out of there by this summer. Removing most of our Marines from Combat. Yet this area is dominated by militants. Who attack both Pakistan and Afghanistan. The East is where all those Spectacular Attacks have come from.

Topping it off Pakistan has already been told by Afghanistan that if it goes to War with the US the Afghanis will side with Pakistan. So now here comes the big part. The US and Obama is going to have to say sorry again and Publicly to the World. Which we did last time. Obama and the Dems use to talk all that shit about our perception in the World. This is the 5th major screw up with Pakistan with events like this one and for dropping bombs on civillians.

Does it matter what the Pakis actions are? One thing is clear somebody called this airstrike in. How many times are we going to apologize? Especially when we know evidence points to to the Pakis misleading us and kinda holding us up from doing our job. What is this perception the Dems want the World to have of us? What that we are fuck-ups? That when we get it wrong. That we are man enough to say Sorry! :rolleyes:

Conley
11-26-2011, 10:52 AM
One thing I would like to know is what the Pakistani Army was doing that prompted NATO to fire on them. As you said we know the Pakistanis are often up to no good and friendly fire incidents work both ways...they could have accidentally attacked NATO assets or protected targets.

MMC
11-26-2011, 10:57 AM
Kinda hard to attacks our people if they not there.....

Conley
11-26-2011, 11:04 AM
Kinda hard to attacks our people if they not there.....

What do you mean? Even if our troops are out, there would still be assets in the region and the Pakistanis could have been causing trouble.

Mister D
11-26-2011, 11:08 AM
Paki is actually a racial/ethnic epithet but it just seems so natural. Paki is short for Pakistani. :)

Conley
11-26-2011, 11:10 AM
Like Jap I guess. Paki does seem natural.

Mister D
11-26-2011, 11:11 AM
Like Jap I guess. Paki does seem natural.

Yeah, same kind of thing. Paki is term used in the UK.

Conley
11-26-2011, 11:12 AM
The only reason I know that is from watching shows about England and the violence there :smiley:

Mister D
11-26-2011, 11:13 AM
The only reason I know that is from watching shows about England and the violence there :smiley:

I subscribe to Racism Monthly so I can stay in the know as far as my epithets are concerned. :)

MMC
11-26-2011, 11:22 AM
Well excuse me.....I was using it short for Pakistanis. If they don't like it, to bad. I know how to Paki a few bowls. :wink:

Mister D
11-26-2011, 11:38 AM
Well excuse me.....I was using it short for Pakistanis. If they don't like it, to bad. I know how to Paki a few bowls. :wink:

That's what I mean. lol It's just a natural thing to do.

MMC
11-26-2011, 11:47 AM
Plus the Pakis are responsible for Nuke material getting into Iranians hands......there is no reason to trust them. Plus now they have called for their fair weather friends to come to help them. China! Still Obama will end up having to apologize. Or Clinton! Notice the piece said last time this didnt affect us and they had the border opening closed for 10 days. Their PM says Pakistan will push this with us and NATO.

Conley
11-26-2011, 12:19 PM
I subscribe to Racism Monthly so I can stay in the know as far as my epithets are concerned. :)

:rofl: Subscribe? I thought you were the editor! :laugh::wink:

Mister D
11-26-2011, 12:34 PM
Those are the big leagues. I would have to step up my game. lol