PDA

View Full Version : Do you do core exercises?

Mister D
11-26-2011, 02:37 PM
Just curious. I was was perusing an article online about toning your abs. I do about 1000 crunches a week. I've never been into core exercises but I have noticed results from the crunch routine. One thing I like about it is it isn't really part of my normal workout. I can do it in my bedroom with some push ups. It's almost like a supplement. This article, however, says crunches are useless. :undecided:

Conley
11-26-2011, 02:42 PM
I don't see why they'd be considered useless. It's a muscle activity and workout like any other. I think it's a good thing so long as you're not hurting your back. I don't do them myself...now they are useless if you are trying to get a six pack and already have fat in your midsection. Six packs are more a factor of lower body fat than they are making your ab muscles larger. Maybe that's what they meant in the article?

Mister D
11-26-2011, 03:38 PM
Actually, I think you're right. 6 pack was in the title if I recall correctly. I've gotten noticeable results from crunches so I'm satisfied.

Conley
11-26-2011, 03:54 PM
Noticeable how? I mean is it purely for appearance reasons or do you feel better than your run or what?

Mister D
11-26-2011, 05:08 PM
Noticeable how? I mean is it purely for appearance reasons or do you feel better than your run or what?

It looks and feels a little tighter. I'm not going for a 6 pack though.

Mister D
11-26-2011, 05:09 PM
Well, actually I am but a different kind of 6 pack. The only one I care about. :wink:

Captain Obvious
11-26-2011, 10:21 PM
I was working on my pelvic thrust earlier today, does that count?

I've been slowly working my walking routine in lately. It's going to get tough once the snows start though.

Mister D
11-26-2011, 10:39 PM
I was working on my pelvic thrust earlier today, does that count?

I've been slowly working my walking routine in lately. It's going to get tough once the snows start though.

:laugh:

Walking routines are good. You will have a lot of uphill opportunities now I presume. Yeah, the snow will be a bitch but a much shorter hike in the snow will do the same thing.

MMC
11-27-2011, 12:45 AM
Well I do at least 5 balancing routines a day with Mary Jane. Does that count as Core exercise? :rollseyes: