PDA

View Full Version : Genetic lineage of Europe mysteriously transformed about 4000 years ago

Mister D
04-25-2013, 10:36 AM
The genetic makeup of Europe mysteriously transformed about 4,000-5,000 years ago, researchers have discovered.
An Australian team found the unexplained change while analysing several skeletons unearthed in central Europe that were up to 7,500 years old.

Snip

'We have established that the genetic foundations for modern Europe were only established in the Mid-Neolithic, after this major genetic transition around 4000 years ago,' says Dr Haak.

'This genetic diversity was then modified further by a series of incoming and expanding cultures from Iberia and Eastern Europe through the Late Neolithic.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2313677/Why-did-Europeans-suddenly-disappear-4-000-years-ago-Experts-reveal-evolutionary-mystery--say-makers-Stonehenge-hold-key.html#ixzz2RUQqLszO

Greenridgeman
04-25-2013, 11:55 AM
Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2313677/Why-did-Europeans-suddenly-disappear-4-000-years-ago-Experts-reveal-evolutionary-mystery--say-makers-Stonehenge-hold-key.html#ixzz2RUQqLszO

No time for links.

Do tell, have they found Himmler's missing Aryans?

Mister D
04-25-2013, 12:19 PM
No time for links.

Do tell, have they found Himmler's missing Aryans?

They don't know why. The Indo-European migrations do seem to have occured at roughly the time.

Greenridgeman
04-25-2013, 02:21 PM
They don't know why. The Indo-European migrations do seem to have occured at roughly the time.

I saw something interesting, can't remember where.

May only have the validity of cryptozoologists or ancient alien astronaut theorists, but, it was interesting..

Human genome project indicates only some of the human race carried Neanderthal genes.

Coincidentally, the more aggressive, acquisitive, civilization builders, according to the theory.

Allegedly, no Neanderthal genes south of the Sahara.

Mister D
04-25-2013, 02:28 PM
I saw something interesting, can't remember where.

May only have the validity of cryptozoologists or ancient alien astronaut theorists, but, it was interesting..

Human genome project indicates only some of the human race carried Neanderthal genes.

Coincidentally, the more aggressive, acquisitive, civilization builders, according to the theory.

Allegedly, no Neanderthal genes south of the Sahara.

It has plenty of credibility. Many Eurasian populations share 3-4% Neanderthal DNA whereas other groups do not.

Common
04-25-2013, 03:11 PM
Hannibal made some changes to europe too, his army of barbarians planted lots of seeds. Of course I dont have a clue what im talking about either :)

Greenridgeman
04-25-2013, 04:54 PM
Hannibal made some changes to europe too, his army of barbarians planted lots of seeds. Of course I dont have a clue what im talking about either :)
From what I heard from WWII vets back in the day, wasn't hard for any soldier to sow seeds in Italy.

If you liked German seconds that is.

Mister D
04-25-2013, 05:28 PM

Hannibal's army was mostly white (i.e. European). He brought a core from north Africa which was of Phoenician descent but recruited many troops in Spain and from local Celtic tribes on his route.

Common
04-25-2013, 06:15 PM
Hannibal's army was mostly white (i.e. European). He brought a core from north Africa which was of Phoenician descent but recruited many troops in Spain and from local Celtic tribes on his route.

I thought hannibal was black

Mister D
04-25-2013, 06:18 PM

It's possible but Carthage was a Phoenician colony so, IMO, he was likely of Semitic stock.

Peter1469
04-25-2013, 06:58 PM
It's possible but Carthage was a Phoenician colony so, IMO, he was likely of Semitic stock.

Yes, Carthage was Phoenician; It is possible that Hannibal was mixed.

Mister D
04-25-2013, 07:10 PM
Yes, Carthage was Phoenician; It is possible that Hannibal was mixed.

Agreed.

Peter1469
04-25-2013, 07:31 PM
Agreed.

He was one of the greatest military captains of history. He was bold, but not bold enough. Too often he failed to follow up with attacks after victories. But I feel that is an unfair criticism. As a former enlisted infantry slug, there are limits to offensive operations. Desert Storm was 36 hours of excitement with 2 hours of sleep max.

Only (so far as I know) Alexander the Great pushed his armies beyond endurance, and won.

Mister D
04-25-2013, 07:42 PM
He was one of the greatest military captains of history. He was bold, but not bold enough. Too often he failed to follow up with attacks after victories. But I feel that is an unfair criticism. As a former enlisted infantry slug, there are limits to offensive operations. Desert Storm was 36 hours of excitement with 2 hours of sleep max.

Only (so far as I know) Alexander the Great pushed his armies beyond endurance, and won.

A truly great tactician and leader of men. He failed to persuade Rome's Italian allies to defect which made his adventure in Italy a moot point. not following up success had much to do with this but so did the spirit of a Rome that simply refused to compromise. An army was destroyed? Raise another.

Greenridgeman
04-25-2013, 08:02 PM

Yeah, he was black as Cleopatra.