PDA

View Full Version : Not able to rep and it's really annoying me

oceanloverOH
04-27-2013, 09:51 PM
I tried a dozen times to rep Sytha in the Sight and Sounds room, on the thread Retromercials - - Catchy TV Ads and Jingles, for a couple of her posts. Stupid program keeps "hiding" the rep box behind her posted videos, so that I can't type a rep message, nor can I click the rep submission block. :angryfire: She's earned two reps from me (sorry, Sytha, I owe you).

Can somebody please fix this issue? TIA.

Greenridgeman
04-27-2013, 09:54 PM
I tried a dozen times to rep Sytha in the Sight and Sounds room, on the thread Retromercials - - Catchy TV Ads and Jingles, for a couple of her posts. Stupid program keeps "hiding" the rep box behind her posted videos, so that I can't type a rep message, nor can I click the rep submission block. :angryfire: She's earned two reps from me (sorry, @Sytha (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=730), I owe you).

You are not thanking first are you?

Sytha
04-27-2013, 09:55 PM
no worries.... its all just fun :)

Greenridgeman
04-27-2013, 09:56 PM
I tried a dozen times to rep Sytha in the Sight and Sounds room, on the thread Retromercials - - Catchy TV Ads and Jingles, for a couple of her posts. Stupid program keeps "hiding" the rep box behind her posted videos, so that I can't type a rep message, nor can I click the rep submission block. :angryfire: She's earned two reps from me (sorry, @Sytha (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=730), I owe you).

Go back, use the remove thanks, give rep , then thanks.

oceanloverOH
04-27-2013, 09:56 PM
You are not thanking first are you?

No, of course not; I know you have to rep first. I'm getting a sliver of the rep box, just not enough to do anything with. The rest of it is hidden behind the last video posted in the thread. It may be because of all the videos posted and there's no fix....but I wanted to ask. I went ahead and thanked her anyway....I'll make up the reps in another thread. Grrrrrr

Peter1469
04-27-2013, 10:28 PM

You can rep and then thanks, but you can't thank and then rep.

Don't know why.

Chris
04-28-2013, 10:35 AM
No, of course not; I know you have to rep first. I'm getting a sliver of the rep box, just not enough to do anything with. The rest of it is hidden behind the last video posted in the thread. It may be because of all the videos posted and there's no fix....but I wanted to ask. I went ahead and thanked her anyway....I'll make up the reps in another thread. Grrrrrr

What forum area?

Otherwise, you might close out your browser and reopen it, as it might be that.

oceanloverOH
04-28-2013, 11:46 AM
What forum area?

Otherwise, you might close out your browser and reopen it, as it might be that.

OTLS, Sights and Sounds, latest Retromercials thread. I actually rebooted a couple of times and still couldn't rep on that thread but CAN rep everywhere else. It must be the string of videos....I think the rep box might be programmed to display at a certain place on the post being repped and because the list of videos is fairly long on each post in that thread, it's being mostly covered by them. There may be no fix, except not to post so many videos in one thread. Thanks for checking, Chris.

Chris
04-28-2013, 11:50 AM
OTLS, Sights and Sounds, latest Retromercials thread. I actually rebooted a couple of times and still couldn't rep on that thread but CAN rep everywhere else. It must be the string of videos....I think the rep box might be programmed to display at a certain place on the post being repped and because the list of videos is fairly long on each post in that thread, it's being mostly covered by them. There may be no fix, except not to post so many videos in one thread. Thanks for checking, Chris.

That could be it then.

oceanloverOH
04-28-2013, 11:55 AM
That could be it then.

Except kathaariancode just repped me on my original post on that thread.......so if HE can rep a string of videos and I can't, must be something in my computer settings. Pooh.

Chris
04-28-2013, 12:03 PM
He's a mod.

Peter1469
04-28-2013, 12:07 PM
Except @kathaariancode (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=423) just repped me on my original post on that thread.......so if HE can rep a string of videos and I can't, must be something in my computer settings. Pooh.

It worked for me- I just repped you.

oceanloverOH
04-28-2013, 12:18 PM
It's something about the way my computer is set then. I just repped Chris on a video thread....and the rep box was partially covered by the one video....but I think because it was only one video, there was still enough rep box showing that I could access the comments and the submission button (but just barely).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V3FnpaWQJO0

Chris
04-28-2013, 12:21 PM
What browser? If IE, throw it out. Go Firefox or Chrome.

KC
04-28-2013, 12:25 PM
He's a mod.

Shouldn't make a difference.

oceanloverOH
04-28-2013, 12:29 PM
What browser? If IE, throw it out. Go Firefox or Chrome.

It is IE, and I know it's crap. But hubby and I have a network, and he says that IE solves certain problems that crop up with other browsers when using a network. It's a tradeoff.

oceanloverOH
04-28-2013, 12:29 PM

Nah....I knew you weren't using the magical powers of a mod.

Chris
04-28-2013, 12:34 PM

It's mod magic, man.