PDA

View Full Version : Breivik Determined to be Insane at Time of Attacks

Conley
11-29-2011, 10:44 AM
Anders Behring Breivik 'not accountable for attacks'Psychiatrists have found that Anders Behring Breivik was insane at the time of his attacks on downtown Oslo and Utoya Island.
The finding by the two forensic psychiatrists will help determine whether Breivik is sentenced to prison or psychiatric care. Prosecutor Svein Holden says the report shows Breivik was "psychotic" during the attack.

If that assessment is upheld by the court then Breivik cannot be sentenced to prison for the attacks.

"The conclusion is ... is that he is insane," Holden told a news conference. "He lives in his own delusional universe and his thoughts and acts are governed by this universe."

The two psychiatrists, Synne Serheim and Torgeir Husby, delivered their finding to the Oslo district court on Tuesday morning.

"We have no doubt when it comes to our conclusions," Husby told reporters as he submitted the report.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/norway/8922760/Anders-Behring-Breivik-not-accountable-for-attacks.html (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/norway/8922760/Anders-Behring-Breivik-not-accountable-for-attacks.html)

Wow, this is some crazy justice. I would hope that for the safety of their citizens at least this man will be locked up in a psychiatric facility for the rest of his life. He can't be allowed in public, not after what happened. Imagine being a relative or spouse of one of the victims a second time around. I don't get it.

Mister D
11-29-2011, 10:49 AM
Well that does burst the leftist bubble. Sorry ghouls! No political hay to be made out of this tragedy.

Mister D
11-29-2011, 10:49 AM
As long as he is removed from society it's the same thing.

Conley
11-29-2011, 11:15 AM
As long as he is removed from society it's the same thing.

Right...I mean the conditions are probably good in both places. The important thing is that he not be allowed out ever again. I hope they'll at least see to that.

Mister D
11-29-2011, 11:35 AM
It would be an utter travesty if they didn't I don't even thin they could if the wanted to. It just wouldn't be feasible. The outrage would be off the charts.

Conley
11-29-2011, 11:50 AM
I hope so. Even in the aftermath they still aren't arming police I don't think, which would have saved a lot of lives.

Pendragon
11-29-2011, 12:23 PM
As you are seeing, Europe has matured beyond the Cro-Magnon need for blood and vengence seen so often in this country.

Mister D
11-29-2011, 12:25 PM
As you are seeing, Europe has matured beyond the Cro-Magnon need for blood and vengence seen so often in this country.

That's nice. Pretty fast evolution considering the mayhem of the 20th century!