PDA

View Full Version : Obama hypes his new book

Calypso Jones
09-17-2020, 02:25 PM
Media falls all over each other in their own slobber.

https://newsbusters.org/blogs/nb/tim-graham/2020/09/17/obama-book-hype-most-anticipated-memoir-most-literary-president

The guy who mocked the bitter clingers to guns and religion is going to lecture about divisiveness. Obama has now split his memoirs into two volumes. This one will cover his life up through the takedown of Osama bin Laden in 2011. Don't bother looking for Reverend Wright in the index.
AP writer Hillel Italie won the prize for laying it on thick: (https://www.politico.com/news/2020/09/17/barack-obama-memoir-release-date-416817)

The 768-page book is the most anticipated presidential memoir in memory, as much or more because of the quality of the writing than for any possible revelations. He has been called the most literary president since Abraham Lincoln and has already written two highly praised, million-selling books: Dreams from My Father and The Audacity of Hope, both of which have been cited as aiding his presidential run in 2008 and making him the country's first Black president.
Even with a substantial list price of $45, The Promised Land is virtually guaranteed to sell millions of copies. But it will face challenges far different from most presidential memoirs, and even from former first lady Michelle Obama's blockbuster book, “Becoming,” which came out two years ago. Because of the pandemic, the former president will likely be unable to have the spectacular arena tour that Michelle Obama had.

Calypso Jones
09-17-2020, 02:28 PM
I didn't get to read michelle's book, Becoming. I assume it is a memoire of her transitioning from male to female?

texan
09-17-2020, 02:35 PM
It is a book of the smartest man that the man knows! :)

He is so smart that he claims global warming is upon us and putting us in eminent danger. Then spends 16 million on a house located on the coast.

Peter1469
09-17-2020, 05:56 PM
I wonder who wrote it. What percentage of the profits do ghost writers get? Or is it just a fixed price?

carolina73
09-17-2020, 06:04 PM
Is it called "Lies from a liar"?

The natural follow up book would be "More lies from a liar".

The Booman
09-17-2020, 08:50 PM
I wonder who wrote it. What percentage of the profits do ghost writers get? Or is it just a fixed price?

I was gonna say that! Bastard!

RichardMZhlubb
09-18-2020, 07:12 AM
Why do you assume that he didn’t write it himself?

Lummy
09-18-2020, 07:33 AM

The answer might lie (pardon the pun) in Obama's stable of speechwriters.
Several people write speeches for President Obama. One of Obama’s favorites is Jon Favreau who was hired as Obama's speechwriter shortly after Obama's election to the United States Senate. Obama and Favreau grew close, and Obama referred to him as his "mind reader." He went on the campaign trail with Obama during his successful presidential election campaign. When Jon Favreau left the White House in 2013, Keenan took over as Director of Speechwriting.

Another speechwriter for Obama was David Litt who later wrote a book about his experiences. There have been several other, too, ... https://www.quora.com/Who-writes-speeches-for-Obama?share=1

RichardMZhlubb
09-18-2020, 08:23 AM
The answer might lie (pardon the pun) in Obama's stable of speechwriters.
You do know that every president has speechwriters, right? Trump's stink, but they still exist.

Lummy
09-18-2020, 08:40 AM
You do know that Obama's speeches are completely worthless strings of sometimes-eloquent but always kitschy sound bytes while our President's authentic unfettered communications are patriotically confidence-inspiring?

Don't you?

Cotton1
09-18-2020, 10:53 AM
You do know that Obama's speeches are completely worthless strings of sometimes-eloquent but always kitschy sound bytes while our President's authentic unfettered communications are patriotically confidence-inspiring?

Don't you?

Freed indeed! Obama has that strong Southern Kenya drawl ya'll .

Mama Obama spawn "Awkward "
and sis "Very Awkward" need go to
Charm skewl to learn how to carry selves as proper Two leggers

[

Peter1469
09-18-2020, 12:27 PM
Cause he didn't write his first book.

RichardMZhlubb
09-18-2020, 12:58 PM
Yup, as I thought, more bullshit conspiracy lunacy.

Peter1469
09-18-2020, 01:16 PM
Yup, as I thought, more bullshit conspiracy lunacy.
lol

carolina73
09-18-2020, 01:32 PM

Is that the one where he attend the Muslim School or Madrasa, that only Muslims can got to?

Peter1469
09-18-2020, 01:39 PM
Is that the one where he attend the Muslim School or Madrasa, that only Muslims can got to?
Dreams of his Muslim father.

barb012
09-18-2020, 01:48 PM
Obama, the worst President in my lifetime who was given the art of speech that got him elected. Everything he said he was going to once in office, he did the complete opposite. This man clearly hated America and its citizens so it is beyond me why many people could not see it.

I guess it is because people like to be told what they like to hear but rarely pay attention that those words were never backed by their actions. This mentality has reinforced the no accountability that is destroying our society. However it is wonderful for the hustlers out there that are manipulated people.

The Booman
09-18-2020, 07:45 PM
Apparently the original title of the book was "Let's Talk About Me".

bulletbob
09-18-2020, 08:23 PM
Media falls all over each other in their own slobber.

https://newsbusters.org/blogs/nb/tim-graham/2020/09/17/obama-book-hype-most-anticipated-memoir-most-literary-president

The guy who mocked the bitter clingers to guns and religion is going to lecture about divisiveness. Obama has now split his memoirs into two volumes. This one will cover his life up through the takedown of Osama bin Laden in 2011. Don't bother looking for Reverend Wright in the index.
AP writer Hillel Italie won the prize for laying it on thick: (https://www.politico.com/news/2020/09/17/barack-obama-memoir-release-date-416817)
The 768-page book is the most anticipated presidential memoir in memory, as much or more because of the quality of the writing than for any possible revelations. He has been called the most literary president since Abraham Lincoln and has already written two highly praised, million-selling books: Dreams from My Father and The Audacity of Hope, both of which have been cited as aiding his presidential run in 2008 and making him the country's first Black president.
Even with a substantial list price of $45, The Promised Land is virtually guaranteed to sell millions of copies. But it will face challenges far different from most presidential memoirs, and even from former first lady Michelle Obama's blockbuster book, “Becoming,” which came out two years ago. Because of the pandemic, the former president will likely be unable to have the spectacular arena tour that Michelle Obama had.

the adventures of O bung hole lol

bulletbob
09-18-2020, 08:24 PM
Yup, as I thought, more bull$#@! conspiracy lunacy.

the great O bung hole fan

The Booman
09-19-2020, 10:40 PM
Obama has a new book and suddenly he loves capitalism.

Peter1469
09-20-2020, 07:22 AM
Obama has a new book and suddenly he loves capitalism.
And he bought a multi-Million dollar home on Martha's Vineyard despite the "fact" that man-made global warming is going to cause the ocean to flood it any day now.

nathanbforrest45
09-20-2020, 11:26 AM

Obvious lack of talent?

carolina73
09-20-2020, 11:49 AM
I didn't get to read michelle's book, Becoming. I assume it is a memoire of her transitioning from male to female?

Her Addadictome ?

nathanbforrest45
09-20-2020, 01:04 PM
You do know that every president has speechwriters, right? Trump's stink, but they still exist.

If Trumps were written by Shakespeare you would complain they were written by some dead white guy. That's the difference between you and reasonable people Richard. No one has said that Obama's speeches are bad, only that (1) they were not written by him and (2) the ideas he presents are not favored by freedom loving people. All you can do is say that Trump's speeches stink. Rather shallow of you to be sure.