PDA

View Full Version : Coffee Associated With Improved Survival In Colorectal Cancer Patients

Peter1469
09-20-2020, 08:13 AM
Coffee Associated With Improved Survival In Colorectal Cancer Patients (https://www.naturalblaze.com/2020/09/coffee-associated-with-improved-survival-in-colorectal-cancer-patients.html)

Coffee is also good for liver health at 5 cups or more a day.

This OP was based on observational studies so they don't prove anything. Clinical research trials would be needed for that such have been done concerning my first point above.

In a large group of patients with metastatic colorectal cancer, consumption of a few cups of coffee a day was associated with longer survival and a lower risk of the cancer worsening, researchers at Dana-Farber Cancer Institute and other organizations report in a new study.

The findings, based on data from a large observational study nested in a clinical trial, are in line with earlier studies showing a connection between regular coffee consumption and improved outcomes in patients with non-metastatic colorectal cancer. The study is being published today by JAMA Oncology.

The investigators found that in 1,171 patients treated for metastatic colorectal cancer, those who reported drinking two to three cups of coffee a day were likely to live longer overall, and had a longer time before their disease worsened, than those who didn’t drink coffee. Participants who drank larger amounts of coffee – more than four cups a day – had an even greater benefit in these measures. The benefits held for both caffeinated and decaffeinated coffee.

The findings enabled investigators to establish an association, but not a cause-and-effect relationship, between coffee drinking and reduced risk of cancer progression and death among study participants. As a result, the study doesn’t provide sufficient grounds for recommending, at this point, that people with advanced or metastatic colorectal cancer start drinking coffee on a daily basis or increase their consumption of the drink, researchers say.

carolina73
09-20-2020, 08:24 AM
Coffee certainly helps move things along more regularly. Or are they saying there is a chemical in the coffee that provides treatment?

Peter1469
09-20-2020, 09:12 AM
Coffee certainly helps move things along more regularly. Or are they saying there is a chemical in the coffee that provides treatment?

High levels of anti-oxidants, and it is an anti-inflammatory. Chronic inflammation is said to be to root cause of lots of illness and cancer, or rather set the sage to let such things overwhelm your immune system.

Mister D
09-20-2020, 09:47 AM
I've read good things about coffee and its effects on the liver but I've never liked the taste. I drink a lot of tea though.

Peter1469
09-20-2020, 09:48 AM
I've read good things about coffee and its effects on the liver but I've never liked the taste. I drink a lot of tea though.

I like the taste of coffee. I suppose it is an acquired taste.

Peter1469
09-20-2020, 09:49 AM
High levels of anti-oxidants, and it is an anti-inflammatory. Chronic inflammation is said to be to root cause of lots of illness and cancer, or rather set the sage to let such things overwhelm your immune system.
I should have added I am talking about coffee. Not added sugar and stuff like that.

Mister D
09-20-2020, 09:54 AM
I like the taste of coffee. I suppose it is an acquired taste.
Everybody in my family drinks it.

Mister D
09-20-2020, 09:55 AM
I should have added I am talking about coffee. Not added sugar and stuff like that.
It's amazing how some people turn a cup of coffee into a dessert.

Peter1469
09-20-2020, 09:56 AM

Look at the calorie count on some of those Starbuck drinks. I would suspect all of the sugar counteracts any benefits from the coffee. Sugar causes inflammation.

Mister D
09-20-2020, 09:57 AM
Look at the calorie count on some of those Starbuck drinks. I would suspect all of the sugar counteracts any benefits from the coffee. Sugar causes inflammation.
I know. It's insane. A zero calorie beverage with some health benefits becomes the equivalent of a donut.

carolina73
09-20-2020, 10:20 AM

6 months of the year = hot, black and no sugar
6 months of the year = iced, cream and Equal

It's the caffine that seems to count. Double that of Black Tea or even a Mountain Dew.

Mister D
09-20-2020, 01:38 PM
6 months of the year = hot, black and no sugar
6 months of the year = iced, cream and Equal

It's the caffine that seems to count. Double that of Black Tea or even a Mountain Dew.

Yeah, the high from tea is very mild. It's just a gentle lift. I only get a holy from tea when I drink 2 in rapid succession.