PDA

View Full Version : Newsweek's Attempt to Smear Potential SCOTUS Pick Amy Coney Barrett Fails Spectacular

MMC
09-22-2020, 10:23 AM
Newsweek's Attempt to Smear Potential SCOTUS Pick Amy Coney Barrett Fails Spectacularly.....

Newsweek published a story on Monday where the author claimed a Catholic group potential Supreme Court pick Judge Amy Coney Barrett belongs to was the inspiration for "The Handmaid's Tale" by Margaret Atwood. It turns out that was not the case.

Newsweek has since changed the headline to "How Charismatic Catholic Groups Like Amy Coney Barrett's People of Praise Inspired 'The Handmaid's Tale'" due to the fact Atwood has never specified which group was the inspiration for her book, which went on to become a series on Hulu.

The publication then inserted the following correction:

"This article's headline originally stated that People of Praise inspired 'The Handmaid's Tale'. The book's author, Margaret Atwood, has never specifically mentioned the group as being the inspiration for her work. A New Yorker profile of the author from 2017 mentions a newspaper clipping as part of her research for the book of a different charismatic Catholic group, People of Hope. Newsweek regrets the error."......snip~

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/juliorosas/2020/09/22/newsweek-attempt-to-smear-scotus-pick-amy-coney-barrett-fails-spectacularly-n2576644

LOL.....Newsweek attempted to come with the Diss and failed miserably.

Peter1469
09-22-2020, 10:38 AM
I was going to say let the attacks begin but it looks like I am too late.

ripmeister
09-22-2020, 11:22 AM
They fessed up and corrected their mistake.

ripmeister
09-22-2020, 11:23 AM
I was going to say let the attacks begin but it looks like I am too late.
Oh you know this is going to get ugly.

MMC
09-22-2020, 03:05 PM
They fessed up and corrected their mistake.

Yet, still got the dump off on Barrett despite a correction.

MMC
09-22-2020, 04:53 PM
Looks like Newsweeks plan worked.

REUTERS COMPARES AMY CONEY BARRETT’S FAITH GROUP TO DYSTOPIAN SERIES ‘HANDMAID’S TALE’ (https://thefederalist.com/2020/09/22/reuters-compares-amy-coney-barretts-faith-group-to-dystopian-series-handmaids-tale/)Reuters compared the Catholic faith community of Amy Coney Barret to the dystopian cult-like group depicted in the “Handmaid’s Tale.”

The Booman
09-22-2020, 08:29 PM
It appears research is obsolete in journalism.

MMC
09-23-2020, 06:03 AM
It appears research is obsolete in journalism.

Reuters is becoming worse all the time nowadays.

MMC
09-24-2020, 08:12 AM
Trump can now play with the Lame Stream Medias head. Since they have jumped out on Barrett. Trump should nominate Lagua which then will make Newsweek and Reuters look like dipshits.