PDA

View Full Version : Pharming and overprescription

TheOneOnly2
10-02-2020, 10:04 PM
When I was younger I used to be kind of a stoner but I also liked to take over the counter and prescription pills to get high. 'Pharming' is popular with the kids these days apparently but I was doing it way before it was cool.

What I liked the most was Mersyndol or codeine pills. Mersyndol was the most popular brand but all the chemists had their own. I liked Mersyndol the best and would pay a little extra for it - I liked the yellow Mersyndol pills over the white chemist brand codeine. You arent supposed to mix these codeine pills with alcohol so I used to take four or six of them and I would drink a longneck of beer with them before I got stoned. Six Mersyndol, a longneck of beer and a few cones it a really inexpensive way to get super %$%$ed up.

Its basically impossible to get Mersyndol now because apparently I wasnt the only one that liked them but back in the day you could go to like four chemists and buy a packet of Mersyndol from each one. You couldnt buy four packets at once but you just went to the next chemist and you could buy as many as you like that way. But then Mersyndols started getting some heat so they brought in this rule where the chemist would take your name and address after you bought them - but you could still go to next chemist and buy as many as you like because they werent sharing information or anything - it was just so you didnt come back the next day to same chemist and buy another box. But then after a while there was so much heat on Meryndol that in 2018 they made it so you needed a script from a doctor to get them. This is in Australia.

Its kind of dumb to require a script for Mersyndol because if a doctor is going to prescribe codeine tablets to you then they will probably give you panadeine forte rather than Mersyndol right? I used to take them too sometimes but I never really liked them as much as Mersyndol for some reason which is odd because they are stronger than Mersyndol. Panadeine forte are pretty easy to get because doctors hand them out to pretty much anyone that says they have a backache. I know people that have boxes and boxes and boxes of them and they are happy to share. But yeah I always liked the Mersyndol better so I thought that maybe it was for the doxylamine succinate more than the codeine. Panadeine forte doesnt have any doxylamine succinate. Mersyndol were a beautiful mix of codeine and doxylamine succinate. Well they still are - its just near impossible to get them nowadays.

So there is another over the counter pill that I used to like that contains doxylamine succinate and its a sleeping pill called Restavit. Like Mersyndol you have to give your name and address when you buy Restavit from a chemist these days but you can still get it over the counter. A lot of pro football players like to mix sleeping pills with energy drinks as a way of getting high because they cant do cocaine like all of their friends due to drug testing. I used to do the same thing before there was energy drinks by taking Restavit with caffeine pills - and then I would drink some alcohol and get stoned. If you get it just right its like you are on a cloud.

Sometimes I used to take antidepressants to get %$%$ed up on - one time I took a heap of zoloft or xanex with panadiene forte and I ended up have no memory whatsoever of the two days that I was on them. I think it was three days actually. I have taken valium - I loved it but its not so easy to get here in Australia so I could never get my hands on it very often. I have used oxycontin to get %$%$ed up but I always found oxys to be kind of heavy - my favourite will always be Mersyndol.

I actually had a friend that died from abusing prescription medication. And I have another friend that was addicted to oxycontin for a few years.

But yeah the reason I was thinking about this is because I was thinking about over overprescription of medication and how a lot of people get given drugs they dont need. But I was also thinking about how since you can get %$%$ed up on a lot of pills that doctors hand out and there is a problem with misdiagnosis/overdiagnosis - then isnt it possible that there are people and children out there that are getting %$%$ed up on these pills? For example - I used to work in childcare and I used to try to save kids from being diagnosed with ADHD. In my opinion overdiagnosis of ADHD is a real problem because once a kid is labelled as having it then it becomes somewhat of a self fulfilling prophecy in that undesirable behaviour is expected/excused - even when the kid is being medicated. Undesirable behaviour in young children is completely normal and I think that a good behaviour management plan is all most of these kids that have been labelled as having ADHD really need. Anyway - I see kids with ADHD etc sometimes that are being medicated and I think to myself - yeah you wont get any trouble out of this kid now - he is so %$%$ed up he barely knows where he is. As long as the kid can focus I guess. Fair enough if someone is getting the right dose for a problem they actually have its all good apparently but how many people out there on antidepressants are just high? I often think that people that are on antidepressants act like they are on something - and they are. Elevated mood...

Any of you guys ever do any pharming?

https://youtu.be/b2FQCmCo1mg

https://youtu.be/V4RQsPECTdM

carolina73
10-02-2020, 11:25 PM
You must be much younger. We had no problems getting drugs in the late 60 and 70s if you wanted them. Getting drugs was easier than going to a pharmacy.

TheOneOnly2
10-03-2020, 12:32 AM
You must be much younger. We had no problems getting drugs in the late 60 and 70s if you wanted them. Getting drugs was easier than going to a pharmacy.

I never really did any drugs other than smoke pot. But I liked to take some pills as well sometimes. Mostly Mercyndol.

Retirednsmilin308
10-03-2020, 12:47 AM
I only got a dependency on opioids from the VA over prescribing them to me to the tune of 90mg of morphine a day with a ton of Hydrocodone for break-through pain.

The VA has a vested interest in killing all veterans so they do not have to send us our checks anymore. It is cost effective for them to have us all die.

Knowing that, I got myself off of all that morphine, but still needed the hydros. Then in their wisdom, they took all pain killers away from all veterans through a political decision, regardless of medical condition or facts.

POLITICAL ENDORSEMENT COMING UP....

but then President Trump just two years ago installed a White House HOTLINE for all vets who were being abused by the VA system. He and he alone did that. Nothing like it before ever existed. Now, because of it and Trump, they were made to give me my hydros back. That was all I needed in the first place.

I tried to explain this to @Leanne778 (https://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=3475) and a few other rabid Trump haters here, but they were too blinded to see the facts of this situation. The White House Veteran's HOTLINE was strictly a Trump initiated program that got started just two years ago.

For me it was a God-send. Now I can be active again and not spend 18 hours flat on my back and hurting all the time.

I REPEAT...this was a program no other president ever did, and it was strictly a Trump initiated program started two years ago.

You get assigned a case number and they look into it and have the authority to tell them to fix the abuse.

It was not tied to any other program in any way. The Trump haters refused to acknowledge this fact because their blind hatred of the man will not let them see it.

No other president...Democrat or Republican has ever done anything like this for me ever.

Peter1469
10-03-2020, 04:21 AM
No to Pharming and drugs.