PDA

View Full Version : Disorderly Transfer of Power?

RedStone7476
10-24-2020, 12:05 PM
Once upon a time, I never thought that we could lose our democracy.

But after seeing Moscow Mitch prevent Obama from exercising his Constitutional RIGHT to appoint federal judges ... and after seeing the Banana Republicans pass laws, and implement policies, that impede and suppress our Constitutional RIGHT to vote ... and after seeing Don-the-Dictator-Wannabe transforming our federal government into a family operation that serves HIM and HIS CHOSEN FEW, instead of transforming it into a better government that better serves ALL OF US ... I think that our democracy is hanging by a THREAD.

And I fear that this Unholy Trinity, coupled with the pandemic, will lead us into one of the DARKEST periods in our history.

If Biden is elected, let’s hope the Unholy Trinity allows for a PEACEFUL and ORDERLY transfer of power. Right now, it does NOT look like they want to do that. At WORST, they will STEAL the election, and they will NOT ALLOW a transfer of power. At BEST, they will TRY to steal the election, but they will fail ... and they will make the transfer of power as HELLACIOUS and DISORDERLY as possible.

MisterVeritis
10-24-2020, 12:08 PM
Once upon a time, I never thought that we could lose our democracy.

But after seeing Moscow Mitch prevent Obama from exercising his Constitutional RIGHT to appoint federal judges ...
President Obama exercised his Constitutional right to nominate a person to be a Justice. Then the Senate exercised its Constitutional right to withhold its consent.

We are not a democracy. We are a republic.