PDA

View Full Version : Kneeling During the National Anthem

RedStone7476
10-24-2020, 12:24 PM
We have heard Trump attack professional athletes for kneeling during the National Anthem. He has said that they should be fired, because they are showing disrespect for our flag, our country, and our military.

I AM A MILITARY VETERAN, and when I see a professional athlete kneeling during the National Anthem, I do NOT have a problem with it.

I do not have a problem with it, because I know WHY they are doing it. They are doing it because they are protesting the UNNECESSARY deaths of black men and women. In other words, they are NOT doing it to show disrespect for our flag, they are NOT doing it to show disrespect for our country, they are NOT doing it to show disrespect for our military, and they are NOT doing it to show disrespect for me, a military veteran.

And I don’t have a problem with it, because I see HOW they are doing it. They are doing it PEACEFULLY.
And I don’t have a problem with it, because they have the CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHT to peacefully protest.
And I don’t have a problem with it, because when I was in the military, it was my job to PROTECT that right.

At this point, I want to respond to Trump’s BASELESS accusation of showing disrespect for our military. And I want to look at four cases that DO show disrespect for our military ... and disrespect for me, a military veteran.

Case #1: Consider the case where a Vietnam era draft dodger denigrated a Vietnam era POW because he was captured. When the draft dodger denigrated the POW, he showed disrespect for that POW, he showed disrespect for ALL Vietnam era POWs, he showed disrespect for ALL POWs in ALL of our other wars ... AND he showed disrespect for our military.

Case #2: That same draft dodger showed disrespect for our military, when he called the brave men and women who gave their lives to defend our country “suckers and losers”.

Case #3: That same draft dodger showed disrespect for our military, when he downplayed the warnings from our intelligence agencies that Putin was putting bounties on the heads of our military, and when he failed to confront Putin about that issue. (That begs the question: Why is Trump AFRAID of Putin?)

Case #4: >That same draft dodger invited a bunch of Russians into OUR Oval Office, and he kicked-out ALL of the Americans. And then he yukked it up with the Russians, denigrated some Americans, and gave the Russians some of our classified information. >My job in the military was to keep an eye on the Russians. What the draft dodger did in the Oval Office was a slap in the face to me. And it showed disrespect for EVERYONE in the military who did, or is doing, the job that I did. >Furthermore, the draft dodger showed disrespect to the American people. The purpose of the Oval Office is to conduct the business of the American people ... NOT for fraternizing, and clowning around, with our enemies.

This draft dodger is known as: Cadet Bone Spurs, Don-the-Draft-Dodger, and Putin’s Apprentice.
One prominent veterans’ group calls him: Benedict Donald and Traitor Trump.

The draft dodger is also known as the Divider-in-Chief. As we all know, the reason for his attacks on the athletes is NOT because he loves our flag, our country, and our military. It is because he loves to DIVIDE.

The draft dodger said that “maybe the kneelers should not be in this country”.
Question: Should a draft dodger, who constantly shows disrespect for our military, be in this country?

MisterVeritis
10-24-2020, 12:30 PM
We have heard Trump attack professional athletes for kneeling during the National Anthem. He has said that they should be fired, because they are showing disrespect for our flag, our country, and our military.

I AM A MILITARY VETERAN, and when I see a professional athlete kneeling during the National Anthem, I do NOT have a problem with it.

I do not have a problem with it, because I know WHY they are doing it. They are doing it because they are protesting the UNNECESSARY deaths of black men and women. In other words, they are NOT doing it to show disrespect for our flag, they are NOT doing it to show disrespect for our country, they are NOT doing it to show disrespect for our military, and they are NOT doing it to show disrespect for me, a military veteran.

And I don’t have a problem with it, because I see HOW they are doing it. They are doing it PEACEFULLY.
And I don’t have a problem with it, because they have the CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHT to peacefully protest.
And I don’t have a problem with it, because when I was in the military, it was my job to PROTECT that right.

At this point, I want to respond to Trump’s BASELESS accusation of showing disrespect for our military. And I want to look at four cases that DO show disrespect for our military ... and disrespect for me, a military veteran.

Case #1: Consider the case where a Vietnam era draft dodger denigrated a Vietnam era POW because he was captured. When the draft dodger denigrated the POW, he showed disrespect for that POW, he showed disrespect for ALL Vietnam era POWs, he showed disrespect for ALL POWs in ALL of our other wars ... AND he showed disrespect for our military.

Case #2: That same draft dodger showed disrespect for our military, when he called the brave men and women who gave their lives to defend our country “suckers and losers”.

Case #3: That same draft dodger showed disrespect for our military, when he downplayed the warnings from our intelligence agencies that Putin was putting bounties on the heads of our military, and when he failed to confront Putin about that issue. (That begs the question: Why is Trump AFRAID of Putin?)

Case #4: >That same draft dodger invited a bunch of Russians into OUR Oval Office, and he kicked-out ALL of the Americans. And then he yukked it up with the Russians, denigrated some Americans, and gave the Russians some of our classified information. >My job in the military was to keep an eye on the Russians. What the draft dodger did in the Oval Office was a slap in the face to me. And it showed disrespect for EVERYONE in the military who did, or is doing, the job that I did. >Furthermore, the draft dodger showed disrespect to the American people. The purpose of the Oval Office is to conduct the business of the American people ... NOT for fraternizing, and clowning around, with our enemies.

This draft dodger is known as: Cadet Bone Spurs, Don-the-Draft-Dodger, and Putin’s Apprentice.

The draft dodger is also known as the Divider-in-Chief. As we all know, the reason for his attacks on the athletes is NOT because he loves our flag, our country, and our military. It is because he loves to DIVIDE.

Question: Should a draft dodger, who constantly shows disrespect for our military, be in this country?
Still TL:dr.

Captdon
10-24-2020, 03:27 PM

Hate to burst your bubble but Joe Biden had 5 deferments. 1,2,3,4,5. Your problem here is that we are all smarter then you, Clyde.