PDA

View Full Version : Future of the GOP despite this election

carolina73
11-08-2020, 01:30 PM
Being a Tea party Conservative, I was not even interested in voting in 2016, for anyone other than Trump. Me voting for Jeb Bush, Marco Rubio, Chris Christie or any of the other neocons was never going to happen.

Regardless of how this election goes we will not have Trump to run again in 2024

Do you see a further slow migration of the GOP away from neo-conservatism?

Do you see a Trump type party developing that is more oriented toward following the Constitution, self defense and the business of aur country?

Do you see the neoconservatives taking over again and telling us that we have no choice but to vote for them?

Captain Obvious
11-08-2020, 01:38 PM
Trump wasn't a republican.

The GOP is and has no longer been the party of conservatives.

Good luck.

The Booman
11-08-2020, 01:46 PM
The GOP is actually in very good shape. Biden has no mandate. Down ballot they did very poorly and they have no bench. The GOP is young and have many many new faces and potential leaders. The GOP has also become more confident in standing up to the democrat bullying. They are no longer on the losing end of social issues. They have moved away from neoconservative policies that have put us in endless wars for decades whereas the democrats now embrace a heavy military presence in the middle east. As the GOP has become to attract minority voters the democrats are losing them and blue collar workers.
Overall the far left has taken control of the party and the party is powerless to stop it so they quietly embrace it. The democrats and their media talk about the GOP being divisive but it's the democrats intolerance and disgust for those that disagree with them that is tearing apart the country. If Biden actually wins his term will simply solidify what Trump started.

Nothing Biden offers is popular or good for America

carolina73
11-08-2020, 01:50 PM
Trump wasn't a republican.

The GOP is and has no longer been the party of conservatives.

Good luck.

But he was a Real Conservative in actions. That's what I care about. Actions.

carolina73
11-08-2020, 02:06 PM
The GOP is actually in very good shape. Biden has no mandate. Down ballot they did very poorly and they have no bench. The GOP is young and have many many new faces and potential leaders. The GOP has also become more confident in standing up to the democrat bullying. They are no longer on the losing end of social issues. They have moved away from neoconservative policies that have put us in endless wars for decades whereas the democrats now embrace a heavy military presence in the middle east. As the GOP has become to attract minority voters the democrats are losing them and blue collar workers.
Overall the far left has taken control of the party and the party is powerless to stop it so they quietly embrace it. The democrats and their media talk about the GOP being divisive but it's the democrats intolerance and disgust for those that disagree with them that is tearing apart the country. If Biden actually wins his term will simply solidify what Trump started.

Nothing Biden offers is popular or good for America

That is confidence we have only seen under Trump. Mitch standing up to the press and Democrats was truly an event I never expected to see. Will Lindsey Graham return to his meek cuddling with Democrats? Look at the GOP House under Paul Ryan and how it self-destructed.

Captain Obvious
11-08-2020, 02:12 PM

He was a capitalist in action, big difference.

Take your MAGA hat off and put your thinking cap on for a change.

MisterVeritis
11-08-2020, 02:17 PM
If the fraudulent election stands then the senate is essential for limiting the damage the Democrats can do. If we hold there is still hope. If the Senate falls then this will be the last election in decades, perhaps ever, where the voters will have a say.

The Republican Party can continue to build in the States but we will have no representation of relevance in the federal government.

carolina73
11-08-2020, 02:30 PM
He was a capitalist in action, big difference.

Take your MAGA hat off and put your thinking cap on for a change.

No.
His tax cuts benefited the lower classes the most.
His deregulation helped small business. Regulations crush small business not the global corps on Wall St.
His decisions on Judges were strictly based on strict interpretation of Constitutional law
His crushing of ISIS had no benefit to capitalists
His policies on energy independence lowered gas prices and has not been good to big oil.

Capitalism is good when it is domestic. Chi-den supports China manufacturing.

Captain Obvious
11-08-2020, 02:36 PM
No.
His tax cuts benefited the lower classes the most.
His deregulation helped small business. Regulations crush small business not the global corps on Wall St.
His decisions on Judges were strictly based on strict interpretation of Constitutional law
His crushing of ISIS had no benefit to capitalists
His policies on energy independence lowered gas prices and has not been good to big oil.

Capitalism is good when it is domestic. Chi-den supports China manufacturing.

So to answer your question, the GOP is going to continue being the party for the GOP who rely on support from blind faith, low information supporters like you.

Which is why I left the GOP a long time ago, they no longer represent conservatives.

carolina73
11-08-2020, 02:43 PM
If the fraudulent election stands then the senate is essential for limiting the damage the Democrats can do. If we hold there is still hope. If the Senate falls then this will be the last election in decades, perhaps ever, where the voters will have a say.

The Republican Party can continue to build in the States but we will have no representation of relevance in the federal government.

My fear is it goes back to its neoconservative ways because Wall St. knows they can bribe them as easily as they do the Democrats. Globalism returns to the GOP.

MisterVeritis
11-08-2020, 02:43 PM
My fear is it goes back to its neoconservative ways because Wall St. knows they can bribe them as easily as they do the Democrats. Globalism returns to the GOP.
It will not matter.

Boris The Animal
11-08-2020, 02:44 PM
So to answer your question, the GOP is going to continue being the party for the GOP who rely on support from blind faith, low information supporters like you.

Which is why I left the GOP a long time ago, they no longer represent conservatives.So you still support the crackpot Ron Paul?

Captain Obvious
11-08-2020, 02:45 PM
So you still support the crackpot Ron Paul?

Never did.

Try harder next time.

The Booman
11-08-2020, 02:46 PM
That is confidence we have only seen under Trump. Mitch standing up to the press and Democrats was truly an event I never expected to see. Will Lindsey Graham return to his meek cuddling with Democrats? Look at the GOP House under Paul Ryan and how it self-destructed.
I don't think so. They stood up to all the race card finally and the world didn't end. Lindsay Graham's testicles finally dropped and I think doesn't want to go away again. Besides the democrats got crushed down ballot. So, the GOP knows the democrats have a losing argument.

Boris The Animal
11-08-2020, 03:28 PM
Never did.

Try harder next time.Yeah whatever, captain Oblivious the faux "Conservative"

Boris The Animal
11-08-2020, 03:29 PM
I don't think so. They stood up to all the race card finally and the world didn't end. Lindsay Graham's testicles finally dropped and I think doesn't want to go away again. Besides the democrats got crushed down ballot. So, the GOP knows the democrats have a losing argument.That's what impressed me in a big way. to know that POC do not have to gravitate towards the Democrat party.

Davis
11-08-2020, 03:30 PM

Which is why I left the GOP a long time ago, they no longer represent conservatives.

I keep telling you it's not low info; it's low reality.

carolina73
11-08-2020, 03:30 PM
I don't think so. They stood up to all the race card finally and the world didn't end. Lindsay Graham's testicles finally dropped and I think doesn't want to go away again. Besides the democrats got crushed down ballot. So, the GOP knows the democrats have a losing argument.

Which brings me back to the original question. What happens if the GOP elite start pushing Marco Rubio again?
For me, it is I stay home. Globalism and amnesty are not words that I speak.

The Booman
11-08-2020, 03:33 PM
Which brings me back to the original question. What happens if the GOP elite start pushing Marco Rubio again?
For me, it is I stay home. Globalism and amnesty are not words that I speak.

There in lies the problem. It would be 2012 all over again. Low turnout equals loss. I'd like to think they have learned their lesson. Someone with Trump's fight and policies but is not Trump would beat any democrat in a landslide.

Tahuyaman
11-08-2020, 03:39 PM

Before Trump took office he didn't appear to have any political ideology. He was all over the board. He certainly wasn't a true conservative. I don't believe that he even understood conservative principles before he was elected.

After he took office, he started to develop a more conservatve approach. This approach achieved some great results both domestically and with foreign policy. He may have reenergized the former conservatve base which was once the mainstream of the GOP.

Time will tell. The neo-cons could destroy that though.

It would be nice if this thread could remain free of being derailed.

carolina73
11-08-2020, 03:49 PM
Before Trump took office he didn't appear to have any political ideology. He was all over the board. He certainly wasn't a true conservative. I don't believe that he even understood conservative principles before he was elected.

After he took office, he started to develop a more conservatve approach. This approach achieved some great results both domestically and with foreign policy. He may have reenergized the former conservatve base which was once the mainstream of the GOP.

Time will tell. The neo-cons could destroy that though.

It would be nice if this thread could remain free of being derailed.

Maybe its my problem. As a business owner, I view government as a business. Social issues are secondary. Globalism to me means a threat to the economy of the country. Illegal immigration equals cost. Taxes take money from consumers. The wall = a 6 month pay back. I saw Trump as conservative.
I saw Cruz as playing religion more than anything. He was courting evangelicals. My old Tea party did not even have a social issues stand.

Tahuyaman
11-08-2020, 04:07 PM
...I saw Cruz as playing religion more than anything. He was courting evangelicals. My old Tea party did not even have a social issues stand.
I saw Cruz as a strict constitutionalist, but one who turned people off by being too much of an intellectual type. He has a lack of charisma.