PDA

View Full Version : Ticketmaster To Check Vaccination Status Of Concertgoers

Sybil Ludington
11-12-2020, 01:46 PM
Ticketmaster is making plans for how they will handle the post-coronavirus world once concerts start back up — and their plans so far sound like something from a dystopian horror film.

So far, the corporation is floating the idea of using digital tickets that will show whether or not they have had a vaccine, or if they have recently tested negative.

To get around HIPPA laws, the concertgoers medical information will be stored with a third-party health care provider.

“We imagine there will be many third-party health care providers handling vetting – whether that is getting a vaccine, taking a test, or other methods of review and approval – which could then be linked via a digital ticket so everyone entering the event is verified. Ticketmaster’s goal is to provide enough flexibility and options that venues and fans have multiple paths to return to events,” said Ticketmaster President Mark Yovich, according to a report (https://www.fox29.com/news/ticketmasters-post-pandemic-plans-include-checking-vaccination-status-of-concertgoers) from Fox 29.

Ticketmaster is also developing an app called SmartEvent, which will help event organizers plan social distancing at different venues.

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2020/11/creepy-ticketmaster-plans-check-vaccination-status-concertgoers/

https://www.technocracy.news/it-begins-ticketmaster-to-check-vaccination-status-of-concertgoers/

countryboy
11-12-2020, 01:49 PM
Ticketmaster is making plans for how they will handle the post-coronavirus world once concerts start back up — and their plans so far sound like something from a dystopian horror film.

So far, the corporation is floating the idea of using digital tickets that will show whether or not they have had a vaccine, or if they have recently tested negative.

To get around HIPPA laws, the concertgoers medical information will be stored with a third-party health care provider.

“We imagine there will be many third-party health care providers handling vetting – whether that is getting a vaccine, taking a test, or other methods of review and approval – which could then be linked via a digital ticket so everyone entering the event is verified. Ticketmaster’s goal is to provide enough flexibility and options that venues and fans have multiple paths to return to events,” said Ticketmaster President Mark Yovich, according to a report (https://www.fox29.com/news/ticketmasters-post-pandemic-plans-include-checking-vaccination-status-of-concertgoers) from Fox 29.

Ticketmaster is also developing an app called SmartEvent, which will help event organizers plan social distancing at different venues.

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2020/11/creepy-ticketmaster-plans-check-vaccination-status-concertgoers/

https://www.technocracy.news/it-begins-ticketmaster-to-check-vaccination-status-of-concertgoers/

Good, they can keep their overpriced concerts.

tiny1
11-12-2020, 01:50 PM
Just before the Covid fiasco, I bought tickets to the Pink Floyd Tribute band, Brit Floyd, in Charlotte NC for August 2020. It has been postponed until Aug 2021. We'll see how they do things then.

The Xl
11-12-2020, 01:52 PM
They're gonna lose a lot of business.

Peter1469
11-12-2020, 02:11 PM
They're gonna lose a lot of business.
Or people will get faked test results.

jigglepete
11-12-2020, 03:21 PM
Just before the Covid fiasco, I bought tickets to the Pink Floyd Tribute band, Brit Floyd, in Charlotte NC for August 2020. It has been postponed until Aug 2021. We'll see how they do things then.

Same, I had (have) tickets to a music festival I go to every Spring and Fall at the same venue, Spring 2020 (StrangeCreek Campout) was postponed till Fall 2020 (Wormtown Music Festival), now it's re-re-scheduled for the Spring of 2021...I'm hoping it goes, but Fall 2021 seems like it might be more realistic...

tiny1
11-12-2020, 04:19 PM
Same, I had (have) tickets to a music festival I go to every Spring and Fall at the same venue, Spring 2020 (StrangeCreek Campout) was postponed till Fall 2020 (Wormtown Music Festival), now it's re-re-scheduled for the Spring of 2021...I'm hoping it goes, but Fall 2021 seems like it might be more realistic...I see Brit Floyd ever year. This time, it will have been two years.
I saw the original Pink Floyd, in 1973, I think, for Dark Side of the Moon. I was hooked. Since, I saw the Wall, Animals and The Division Bell. Best Concerts I ever went to. I was so sad when they announced that Richard Wright(keyboards) had passed away, because I knew I would never get to see them again. Then, I discovered Brit Floyd. No. They are not EXACTLY the same, but they are damned close. If you like Pink Floyd, you really should pony up the cash and treat yourself.

jigglepete
11-12-2020, 04:56 PM
I see Brit Floyd ever year. This time, it will have been two years.
I saw the original Pink Floyd, in 1973, I think, for Dark Side of the Moon. I was hooked. Since, I saw the Wall, Animals and The Division Bell. Best Concerts I ever went to. I was so sad when they announced that Richard Wright(keyboards) had passed away, because I knew I would never get to see them again. Then, I discovered Brit Floyd. No. They are not EXACTLY the same, but they are damned close. If you like Pink Floyd, you really should pony up the cash and treat yourself.

I witnessed the pig deflate at mid field in Foxboro Mass, one of the crew had to rescue it LOL. I've heard of Brit Floyd actually, and for you, I would recommend The Machine, as you said not exactly the same thing, but close...Their light show is actually one of the highlights, two years ago, it was so spectacular that the local cops that provide security at the festival stopped harassing the audience for the entire set (actually they are really really cool about most everything it just sounded better that way :) )

tiny1
11-12-2020, 05:27 PM
I witnessed the pig deflate at mid field in Foxboro Mass, one of the crew had to rescue it LOL. I've heard of Brit Floyd actually, and for you, I would recommend The Machine, as you said not exactly the same thing, but close...Their light show is actually one of the highlights, two years ago, it was so spectacular that the local cops that provide security at the festival stopped harassing the audience for the entire set (actually they are really really cool about most everything it just sounded better that way :) )I've checked out every Pink Floyd Tribute band when ever is see one. Brit Floyd is by far, the best one. The Australian Pink Floyd Tribute is a joke. They let the musicians deviate from the original enough that it fails to capture the jist of the show. For Example, the Great Gig in the Sky. Even Brit Floyd has had difficulty finding girls who could sing it. In fact, even the original "Floyd" had challenges recreating Clare Tory's version from Dark Side.
DO a You Tube Search for The Great Gig in the Sky by Eva Avila. Gives me Goosebumps, every time. In Fact, if you'd like to see this year's tour, search for Brit Floyd Worcester Set 1, and Then Set 2. Not the most professional recordings, but you can see and hear the show.
Thanx for the Tip on the Machine. Gonna check it out tonight after work.