PDA

View Full Version : Ways to Honor Trump

Davis
11-21-2020, 10:42 AM
Geraldo Rivera suggested that we start referring to vaccinations as *trumps* because of the Dear Leader's laser-like focus on beating the virus and all the other wonderful things he's done for the country. This started me wondering if there are other ways to honor this truly remarkable American. What do you think?
Some in the liberal media are mocking the idea. Is that fair? What would you name after the President to mark the Trump Era?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H0YpJ8pEFTE

As for my part, as soon as the coffee kicks in, I'll be taking a trump.

Crepitus
11-21-2020, 10:49 AM
Geraldo Rivera suggested that we start referring to vaccinations as *trumps* because of the Dear Leader's laser-like focus on beating the virus and all the other wonderful things he's done for the country. This started me wondering if there are other ways to honor this truly remarkable American. What do you think?
Some in the liberal media are mocking the idea. Is that fair? What would you name after the President to mark the Trump Era?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H0YpJ8pEFTE

I had take out tacos last night. I think I'll name what happens next after tRump. It rhymes, after all.

Edit:. I didn't see the line under the pic until now. Didn't mean to duplicate your efforts.

FindersKeepers
11-21-2020, 10:50 AM

Probably the "Trump economy." That was his greatest accomplishment after all, although a Trump Middle East plan might also be good.

Don't tell me -- that's what your mother did and named it "Davis." Amirite?
https://emojipedia-us.s3.dualstack.us-west-1.amazonaws.com/thumbs/60/facebook/158/face-with-tears-of-joy_1f602.png

Davis
11-21-2020, 10:53 AM
Probably the "Trump economy." That was his greatest accomplishment after all, although a Trump Middle East plan might also be good.

Don't tell me -- that's what your mother did and named it "Davis." Amirite?
https://emojipedia-us.s3.dualstack.us-west-1.amazonaws.com/thumbs/60/facebook/158/face-with-tears-of-joy_1f602.png

The *Trump economy* was just the tail end of the Obama-Biden recovery.

Then he killed it by failing to deal with the virus.

My mom actually called it a reagan.

Standing Wolf
11-21-2020, 11:00 AM
A British slang term for making an embarrassing mistake is "dropping a brick". Perhaps the act of talking inappropriately about oneself, especially about one's own self-perceived good qualities and attributes, should be called "pulling a trump".

FindersKeepers
11-21-2020, 11:03 AM

Nah, the economy was 100% Trump's influence. He probably could have handled the pandemic better but hindsight is always 20:20 and that stupid Fauci was telling us a late as early march that the virus' effect in the US would be "minuscule" and that masks would not help. Trump listened to him.../shrug.

Aha -- so now we know your middle name.

Mister D
11-21-2020, 11:04 AM
If I heard the phrase "dropping a brick" I would be thinking of something else entirely. lol

Davis
11-21-2020, 11:10 AM
Nah, the economy was 100% Trump's influence. He probably could have handled the pandemic better but hindsight is always 20:20 and that stupid Fauci was telling us a late as early march that the virus' effect in the US would be "minuscule" and that masks would not help. Trump listened to him.../shrug.

Aha -- so now we know your middle name.

I'll leave you to your manifold delusions, dear.

Fortunately, the Trump Error is over.

FindersKeepers
11-21-2020, 11:11 AM
I'll leave you to your manifold delusions, dear.

Fortunately, the Trump Error is over.

And, the Biden error begins.

Peter1469
11-21-2020, 11:20 AM

No Trump's economy was not a continuation of Obama's. We have gone over this.

The lockdowns killed the economy. Trump wisely did not issue a national lockdown. He followed the American principle of federalism.

Biden seems to be picking Obama functionaries for his administration, so if he indeed wins, we will see how Obama's economy stacks up.

Davis
11-21-2020, 11:23 AM

The lockdowns killed the economy. Trump wisely did not issue a national lockdown. He followed the American principle of federalism.
The bungled response to the virus killed the Obama economy after 10 years of continuous growth.

Why would anyone be surprised a bankrupt reality show host wasn't up to the job?

RichardMZhlubb
11-21-2020, 11:26 AM

Biden seems to be picking Obama functionaries for his administration, so if he indeed wins, we will see how Obama's economy stacks up.

You may have “gone over this,” but it was still wrong. There were more jobs created, GDP grew more at higher rates and the stock markets did better under Obama than under Trump, and that was before the economic collapse of 2020. As it stands, Donald Trump will be the first president since Hoover to have seen fewer Americans working when he left office than when he took office.

Peter1469
11-21-2020, 11:27 AM
The bungled response to the virus killed the Obama economy after 10 years of continuous growth.

Why would anyone be surprised a bankrupt reality show host wasn't up to the job?
Made up drivel.

Peter1469
11-21-2020, 11:27 AM
Debunked several times already.

You may have “gone over this,” but it was still wrong. There were more jobs created, GDP grew more at higher rates and the stock markets did better under Obama than under Trump, and that was before the economic collapse of 2020. As it stands, Donald Trump will be the first president since Hoover to have seen fewer Americans working when he left office than when he took office.

RichardMZhlubb
11-21-2020, 11:28 AM
Debunked several times already.
Debunked is clearly your favorite word, but it’s equally clear that you don’t really understand what it means.

Davis
11-21-2020, 11:33 AM
Made up drivel.
Did you run out of specific made up drivel and just insert a placeholder until a fresh shipment comes in from zerohedge?

I'll look forward to the update with eager anticipation.

Captain Obvious
11-21-2020, 11:50 AM
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/proxy/EtOHN0XeE2l3Bu7FKYCySAxL7X0IVLBCT6rghxM3aBv1BfXFtm fOrZo2DY8B3ssjwi7N1M3M5HWG0CUbW_zBTVRKVyqnDO04kLuN 981kCdkuBYIX56TokJxqBbPvselBnn9FNMvL-ZU

Private Pickle
11-21-2020, 11:51 AM
A British slang term for making an embarrassing mistake is "dropping a brick". Perhaps the act of talking inappropriately about oneself, especially about one's own self-perceived good qualities and attributes, should be called "pulling a trump".

(intr) British slang to expel intestinal gas through the anus

https://www.dictionary.com/browse/trump

Private Pickle
11-21-2020, 12:01 PM
drop a brick

idiom (https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/idiom)

Definition of drop a brick

British, informal
: to make a very bad or embarrassing mistake

We've never had a POTUS named after making a bad mistake though...