PDA

View Full Version : Unspoken Rules of Life.....

Lazarus
11-21-2020, 04:56 PM
What are some most important unspoken rules in life?Only stay with someone as long as you are invested in the relationship and can see it grow.Do not date, sleep with, or kiss your friends partner.If you break up, have the courage to do so face-to-face.You are not at liberty to force anyone to change.Nothing is free. That includes the things you want in the future.If the world around you feels like its on fire then staying and doing nothing won't put it out.Some people are simply doing their job.Some bonds you create are thicker than blood.Life is a collection of choices you have made. It is therefore your responsibility as much as it is your doing.Success comes from standing up one more time, not beating out one more person.It is okay to have different points of view.If you can hold the door open for the person behind you without them having to run, do it.Always allow one car to merge.You cannot have everything you want, but you can have anything.Experiences are worth more than money.There are no guarantees in anything in life; learn to adapt.People feel what they feel. No, you do not know better.Life is not fair, but you often work for.There are no ordinary moments.Nothing happens without a reason, some reasons are just not that good.You cannot fight every battle. Choose wisely.Some fights are not worth fighting.Sometimes it takes more courage to walk away. Other times it takes more courage to stay.Everybody has their own bubble they live in. Make sure yours does not blind you to the rest of the world.Always leave one urinal/toilet stall between you and the other person if you can.You are too old not to start working for your dreams.At the end of it all, the only one you have to justify your choices to is you. Make good choices now and choices you stand behind so you do not live to regret them.Sometimes it’s better to put yourself first. Remember you can serve the world best when you are at your best.Sometimes people need to be told the hard truth. Don’t take away someone’s opportunity to learn from the consequences of their actions.Whether or not you commit your goals to someone should not matter, because you will do it if you are certain about it regardless of who knows.You do not need the world’s approval to live your life the way you want to.Regardless of who you are with, always have your own life to live. Your partner is not responsible for your happiness. And, in the opposite manner, neither are you responsible for theirs.Others will not understand things the same way you do. Don’t assume they are on the same page. Explain it one more time.In most of life, there are no absolutes. It’s almost always a mix of things.

MisterVeritis
11-21-2020, 06:41 PM
Wall of text. Didn't read.

Lazarus
11-22-2020, 12:15 AM
Was not originally a "Wall of Text." Was a more readable post and got run together at the posting. Sorry.

chaidragonfire
11-22-2020, 12:18 AM

Lazarus
12-04-2020, 02:30 PM
What can you no longer afford since your retirement?

(https://www.quora.com/What-can-you-no-longer-afford-since-your-retirement)

Here are a few things I can no longer afford in “retirement.”

I can no longer afford to be deluded by marketeers and other shysters into buying things I don’t need or pursuing lifestyles I can’t afford.
I can no longer afford to trade in the best years of my life for someone else’s bottom line.
I can no longer afford to adopt a false persona of who I am to satisfy others’ expectations.
I can no longer afford to be addicted to unnecessary consumerism and habituation to debt.
I can no longer afford to be absent, both physically and psychologically, for my friends, family and other people in my life.
I can no longer afford to trade my health through adopting an unhealthy lifestyle for the temporary relief to stress and worry.
I can no longer afford to enable others at exorbitant cost to provide skills for things I can and could have always done myself.
I can no longer afford to be confused about the value of material things versus the value of living and loving.
I can no longer afford to listen to, much less believe in, societal norms on what people my age should be like.
I can no longer afford to not laugh and be silly.
So there you have it!

Standing Wolf
12-04-2020, 03:40 PM
Never sleep with anyone who is crazier than you are.

That one will keep you out of LOTS of trouble.

Captain Obvious
12-04-2020, 03:41 PM

Wouldn't that mean the person on the other side of the bed is breaking this rule?

Collateral Damage
12-04-2020, 03:50 PM

Sanity is subjective.

Standing Wolf
12-04-2020, 03:51 PM
Wouldn't that mean the person on the other side of the bed is breaking this rule?

That's their problem.

MisterVeritis
12-04-2020, 06:00 PM
Was not originally a "Wall of Text." Was a more readable post and got run together at the posting. Sorry.
You do have control over formatting.

donttread
12-07-2020, 08:13 AM
Family is everything. And this includes non blood family.

Retirednsmilin308
12-07-2020, 08:54 AM
What are some most important unspoken rules in life?Only stay with someone as long as you are invested in the relationship and can see it grow.Do not date, sleep with, or kiss your friends partner.If you break up, have the courage to do so face-to-face.You are not at liberty to force anyone to change.Nothing is free. That includes the things you want in the future.If the world around you feels like its on fire then staying and doing nothing won't put it out.Some people are simply doing their job.Some bonds you create are thicker than blood.Life is a collection of choices you have made. It is therefore your responsibility as much as it is your doing.Success comes from standing up one more time, not beating out one more person.It is okay to have different points of view.If you can hold the door open for the person behind you without them having to run, do it.Always allow one car to merge.You cannot have everything you want, but you can have anything.Experiences are worth more than money.There are no guarantees in anything in life; learn to adapt.People feel what they feel. No, you do not know better.Life is not fair, but you often work for.There are no ordinary moments.Nothing happens without a reason, some reasons are just not that good.You cannot fight every battle. Choose wisely.Some fights are not worth fighting.Sometimes it takes more courage to walk away. Other times it takes more courage to stay.Everybody has their own bubble they live in. Make sure yours does not blind you to the rest of the world.Always leave one urinal/toilet stall between you and the other person if you can.You are too old not to start working for your dreams.At the end of it all, the only one you have to justify your choices to is you. Make good choices now and choices you stand behind so you do not live to regret them.Sometimes it’s better to put yourself first. Remember you can serve the world best when you are at your best.Sometimes people need to be told the hard truth. Don’t take away someone’s opportunity to learn from the consequences of their actions.Whether or not you commit your goals to someone should not matter, because you will do it if you are certain about it regardless of who knows.You do not need the world’s approval to live your life the way you want to.Regardless of who you are with, always have your own life to live. Your partner is not responsible for your happiness. And, in the opposite manner, neither are you responsible for theirs.Others will not understand things the same way you do. Don’t assume they are on the same page. Explain it one more time.In most of life, there are no absolutes. It’s almost always a mix of things.

Thank you for posting...but shouldn't you have fixed it first?

Retirednsmilin308
12-07-2020, 09:02 AM
What are some most important unspoken rules in life?

Only stay with someone as long as you are invested in the relationship and can see it grow.
Do not date, sleep with, or kiss your friends partner.
If you break up, have the courage to do so face-to-face.
You are not at liberty to force anyone to change.
Nothing is free. That includes the things you want in the future.
If the world around you feels like its on fire then staying and doing nothing won't put it out.

Some people are simply doing their job.
Some bonds you create are thicker than blood.
Life is a collection of choices you have made. It is therefore your responsibility as much as it is your doing.
Success comes from standing up one more time, not beating out one more person.
It is okay to have different points of view.
If you can hold the door open for the person behind you without them having to run, do it.

Always allow one car to merge.
You cannot have everything you want, but you can have anything.
Experiences are worth more than money.
There are no guarantees in anything in life; learn to adapt.
People feel what they feel.
No, you do not know better.
Life is not fair, but you often work for.

There are no ordinary moments.
Nothing happens without a reason, some reasons are just not that good.
You cannot fight every battle. Choose wisely.Some fights are not worth fighting.
Sometimes it takes more courage to walk away.
Other times it takes more courage to stay.

Everybody has their own bubble they live in. Make sure yours does not blind you to the rest of the world.
Always leave one urinal/toilet stall between you and the other person if you can.
You are too old not to start working for your dreams.
At the end of it all, the only one you have to justify your choices to is you. Make good choices now and choices you stand behind so you do not live to regret them.

Sometimes it’s better to put yourself first. Remember you can serve the world best when you are at your best.
Sometimes people need to be told the hard truth.
Don’t take away someone’s opportunity to learn from the consequences of their actions.
Whether or not you commit your goals to someone should not matter, because you will do it if you are certain about it regardless of who knows.
You do not need the world’s approval to live your life the way you want to.
Regardless of who you are with, always have your own life to live.

Your partner is not responsible for your happiness. And, in the opposite manner, neither are you responsible for theirs.
Others will not understand things the same way you do. Don’t assume they are on the same page.
Explain it one more time.
In most of life, there are no absolutes. It’s almost always a mix of things.

There you go...fixed it. Good post. It was mostly using the ENTER key