PDA

View Full Version : The best lay-off letter ever.......

Garden House Queen
11-23-2020, 01:24 PM
BEST LAY-OFF LETTER EVER!!

Dear Employees:

As the CEO of this organization, I have resigned myself to the fact that Joe Biden is our President and that our taxes and government fees will increase in a BIG way. To compensate for these increases, our prices would have to increase by about 10%. But, since we cannot increase our prices right now due to the dismal state of the economy, we will have to lay off sixty of our employees instead.

This has really been bothering me since I believe we are family here and I didn't know how to choose who would have to go. So, this is what I did:

I walked through our parking lots and found sixty 'Biden Harris' bumper stickers on our employees' cars and have decided these folks will be the ones to let go. I can't think of a more fair way to approach this problem. They voted for change......I gave it to them.

I will see the rest of you at the annual company picnic.

XXX

Davis
11-23-2020, 02:05 PM
Is he into wrongful firing suits?

Assuming he exists of course, which I doubt.

carolina73
11-23-2020, 02:10 PM
They will not be letter like that but the are coming.

In 2016 we had huge increases in orders immediately after the election of President Trump.
Ou customers were optimistic and celebrating.
My half of the job was easy for the next few years, since I run the sales portion.

In 2020 after the Biden election we are still down 40% as we have been for several months.
Our customers are depressed. They know that Biden is a disaster for manufacturing.

Captain Obvious
11-23-2020, 02:14 PM

This is part of the moonbat theory that the world is ending on 1/20/2021.

Which, ironically is the day Trump is supposed to be sworn in for the second time.

Be patient.

:biglaugh:

Cletus
11-23-2020, 02:36 PM

I think it would be an act of justice. They wanted it. They got it. Why should someone else have to pay for their choices?

gamewell45
11-23-2020, 02:51 PM
I think it would be an act of justice. They wanted it. They got it. Why should someone else have to pay for their choices?

The public pays whether you agree or not. They'll be able to collect unemployment and eventually welfare if they are unable to find jobs. You'd have to be prepared to open up your wallet and pay higher taxes.

carolina73
11-23-2020, 03:40 PM
The public pays whether you agree or not. They'll be able to collect unemployment and eventually welfare if they are unable to find jobs. You'd have to be prepared to open up your wallet and pay higher taxes.

Better than loosing it out of your own company.

Next years Unemployment Insurance Taxes are going to be terrible for employers. Especially in blue states where they intentionally drove up unemployment through shut downs.

RMNIXON
11-23-2020, 03:48 PM
One word: Consequences

RMNIXON
11-23-2020, 03:52 PM
Taking some responsibility for ones own actions would be unfair.

The whole point of being a progressive is shared Misery!

The exception will be all of Biden's Super Rich Democrats who know how to get around tax laws that will sink the small American business.

DGUtley
11-23-2020, 03:55 PM

Dear Employees:

As the CEO of this organization, I have resigned myself to the fact that Joe Biden is our President and that our taxes and government fees will increase in a BIG way. To compensate for these increases, our prices would have to increase by about 10%. But, since we cannot increase our prices right now due to the dismal state of the economy, we will have to lay off sixty of our employees instead.

This has really been bothering me since I believe we are family here and I didn't know how to choose who would have to go. So, this is what I did:

I walked through our parking lots and found sixty 'Biden Harris' bumper stickers on our employees' cars and have decided these folks will be the ones to let go. I can't think of a more fair way to approach this problem. They voted for change......I gave it to them.

XXX

I have seen different variation of this email / message over the years. I still chuckle when I see it. It's not serious.

It's also not actionable if he did - at least not in Ohio.

Davis
11-23-2020, 04:23 PM
Thanks for sharing.

Cletus
11-23-2020, 04:30 PM
I know, but that is wrong. They made their choice. If it results in them starving to death, so be it.

I have absolutely no doubt that the few who voted for Biden who have an IQ over 3 will within 6 months of him taking office, be kicking themselves in the ass and saying "What the fuck did I do?"

The rest will be sitting there with their standard blank look on their faces, their mouths open, their hands out, wondering when they are going to get their free shit.

John Galt
11-23-2020, 04:33 PM

Assuming he exists of course, which I doubt.Fake news.

Davis
11-23-2020, 04:34 PM
Fake news.
I assumed as much. Thanks.

gamewell45
11-23-2020, 05:35 PM
I know, but that is wrong. They made their choice. If it results in them starving to death, so be it.

I have absolutely no doubt that the few who voted for Biden who have an IQ over 3 will within 6 months of him taking office, be kicking themselves in the ass and saying "What the $#@! did I do?"

The rest will be sitting there with their standard blank look on their faces, their mouths open, their hands out, wondering when they are going to get their free $#@!.
Precisely; they'll mostly end up on the welfare rolls, so they won't be starving, that's for sure. Biden will make sure they're fed and have a roof over their heads, so at least they'll be thankful they supported him.

Cletus
11-23-2020, 06:12 PM
Precisely; they'll mostly end up on the welfare rolls, so they won't be starving, that's for sure. Biden will make sure they're fed and have a roof over their heads, so at least they'll be thankful they supported him.

Well, since most Biden supporters are leeches anyway, true justice would be that only other Biden supporters should be required to pay for their welfare. Of course, if you were actually asked to pay the consequences of your decisions, you would be crying about how unfair life is.

carolina73
11-23-2020, 06:19 PM
This is part of the moonbat theory that the world is ending on 1/20/2021.

Which, ironically is the day Trump is supposed to be sworn in for the second time.

Be patient.

:biglaugh:

Sorry, You don't wait until the negative effects of regulation, legislation and tax laws go into effect before you make the decisions, when you know they coming. All we have to do is look back to the Obama/Biden years we went through.

carolina73
11-23-2020, 06:25 PM

I have to agree with that. We are sorry but your employment is no longer required. Nothing more. He is leaving himself open if the story is true.

gamewell45
11-23-2020, 07:44 PM
Well, since most Biden supporters are leeches anyway, true justice would be that only other Biden supporters should be required to pay for their welfare. Of course, if you were actually asked to pay the consequences of your decisions, you would be crying about how unfair life is.
I highly doubt it. But I would like to add that there is no way to know who are Biden supporters.

Cletus
11-23-2020, 07:48 PM
I highly doubt it. But I would like to add that there is no way to know who are Biden supporters.
Of course there is. Just look for the stupid people who hate this country and all it stands for.

It works every time.

gamewell45
11-23-2020, 07:54 PM
I have to agree with that. We are sorry but your employment is no longer required. Nothing more. He is leaving himself open if the story is true.

I suspect the story isn't true. No businessman with half a brain would leave himself open to massive lawsuits.

ripmeister
11-23-2020, 10:30 PM

Dear Employees:

XXX

Picnic sounds like a super spreader event. :wink:

Crepitus
11-24-2020, 01:09 AM

Dear Employees:

XXX

Well that's illegal as hell. I hope he enjoys getting sued.

Crepitus
11-24-2020, 01:10 AM
I suspect the story isn't true. No businessman with half a brain would leave himself open to massive lawsuits.

Well the guy is obviously a tRump supporter.....

Cletus
11-24-2020, 02:24 AM
Well the guy is obviously a tRump supporter.....
When are you going to grow up?

Only people with single digit IQs and 14 year olds deliberately distort people's names like that.

Personally, I think you may be both.

countryboy
11-24-2020, 07:25 AM

It's a joke, obviously. You couldn't find six Biden bumper stickers in a parking lot, let alone sixty.

Crepitus
11-24-2020, 10:21 AM
When are you going to grow up?

Only people with single digit IQs and 14 year olds deliberately distort people's names like that.

Personally, I think you may be both.

Like your Orange idol?

Tahuyaman
11-24-2020, 06:00 PM

Dear Employees:

XXX

That would awesome if it was true.

Garden House Queen
11-24-2020, 10:10 PM
I don't think it was intended to be an authentic letter....only a tongue-n-cheek spoof letter to show a humorous spin on the election....but....in reading some of the posts, it sure did jerk a lot of the liberal's chain!!!!! lol

Tahuyaman
11-24-2020, 10:15 PM
I don't think it was intended to be an authentic letter....only a tongue-n-cheek spoof letter to show a humorous spin on the election....but....in reading some of the posts, it sure did jerk a lot of the liberal's chain!!!!! lol
Duh....

Cletus
11-24-2020, 10:51 PM
Like your Orange idol?

Keep going. Everyone here except maybe Gamewell knows you are dumber than a bucket of hammers, and if his IQ was 3 points higher, he would know it too.

Orange Idol, distorting his name... I am pretty sure the forum has a rule against me calling you Creepitus, but it allows you to call the President of the United States whatever you want. That is pretty fucked up.

Oh well... such is life.

Cletus
11-24-2020, 10:52 PM
I saw a variation of it during the Obama administration. It has been around for a while.

I would love it if it were real, though.

gamewell45
11-25-2020, 12:00 AM
I saw a variation of it during the Obama administration. It has been around for a while.

Yet you'd be the first one crying alligator tears into your oatmeal about the laid off employees sponging off the public because they would be collecting unemployment/welfare benefits.

Cletus
11-25-2020, 02:51 AM
If the employees voted for Biden or the Governor who imposed the restriction that led to the downsizing, they deserve whatever ill falls upon them. They can starve for all I care. The employer however, who seems to have been smart enough to not vote for a Democrat, deserves to be compensated by the state for the loss of business he has suffered by the government mandates. Any employees terminated because of the government mandates who did NOT vote for the Governor or municipal government that issued them should be compensated for the loss of wages caused by government mandate.

Tahuyaman
11-25-2020, 03:57 PM

Clearly some idiots think it’s real.

carolina73
11-25-2020, 04:08 PM
Yet you'd be the first one crying alligator tears into your oatmeal about the laid off employees sponging off the public because they would be collecting unemployment/welfare benefits.

Being Democrat voters they would probably prefer the unemployment to an honest days work.

Tahuyaman
11-25-2020, 04:10 PM
....Any employees terminated because of the government mandates who did NOT vote for the Governor or municipal government that issued them should be compensated for the loss of wages caused by government mandate.

There’s a huge difference between those who are forced into unemployment by a tyrannical government and those who refuse to work for whatever reason.

gamewell45
11-25-2020, 04:51 PM
Being Democrat voters they would probably prefer the unemployment to an honest days work.

Then please explain why they would have been working in the first place?

Crepitus
11-25-2020, 07:34 PM
Keep going. Everyone here except maybe Gamewell knows you are dumber than a bucket of hammers, and if his IQ was 3 points higher, he would know it too.

Orange Idol, distorting his name... I am pretty sure the forum has a rule against me calling you Creepitus, but it allows you to call the President of the United States whatever you want. That is pretty fucked up.

Oh well... such is life.

And how many times did you say "Owebama" and various other things?

Besides, I'm not calling him anything like the things he deserves, and you should have noticed I o my do it to him.

I'll stop when he does.

Cletus
11-25-2020, 07:52 PM
And how many times did you say "Owebama" and various other things?

Never. I never distorted his name, used a nickname or engaged in juvenile deliberate misspelling of his name.

Besides, I'm not calling him anything like the things he deserves

Forum rules keep me from calling you the things you deserve.

, and you should have noticed I o my do it to him.

WTF?

I'll stop when he does.

What names has he called you?

ripmeister
11-26-2020, 01:13 AM

I’ve been employed for 35 straight years so I take umbrage at this statement.

ripmeister
11-26-2020, 01:15 AM
Now that I think about it a statement like this reveals that you are an anal pore. I’ll leave it up to you to interpret that.

Cletus
11-26-2020, 03:31 AM
Now that I think about it a statement like this reveals that you are an anal pore. I’ll leave it up to you to interpret that.
I interpret it as dehumanizing him.

It seems we had that discussion a little while ago and you claimed you didn't understand why people dehumanized people with whom they disagree. Do you not understand why YOU did it?

ripmeister
11-26-2020, 12:33 PM
I interpret it as dehumanizing him.

It seems we had that discussion a little while ago and you claimed you didn't understand why people dehumanized people with whom they disagree. Do you not understand why YOU did it?

Calling someone an asshole isn’t dehumanizing them. I’ll use jerk next time. Having said that I regret my use of that word. I try my best to be civil but sometimes go overboard.