PDA

View Full Version : What's Wrong With The 1619 Project?

Sybil Ludington
12-07-2020, 03:33 PM
https://www.prageru.com/video/whats-wrong-with-the-1619-project/?utm_source=Main+Mailing+List&utm_campaign=5a7931696f-EMAIL_CAMPAIGN_2020_04_09_06_29_COPY_01&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_f90832343d-5a7931696f-180777858

MMC
12-07-2020, 03:40 PM
You mean besides not knowing history?

carolina73
12-07-2020, 03:45 PM
It's all the white mans fault.

Indians never fought between each other before the whiteman came to the shores.
Indians never practiced slavery.

It's all the white mans fault, I tell ya! :sarcasm:

Sybil Ludington
12-07-2020, 03:49 PM
You mean besides not knowing history?
https://media1.giphy.com/media/TGuhdHbjmR9me91Zgn/giphy.gif

donttread
12-08-2020, 02:05 PM
It's all the white mans fault.

Indians never fought between each other before the whiteman came to the shores.
Indians never practiced slavery.

It's all the white mans fault, I tell ya! :sarcasm:

The over arching issues that gets ignored are things like this. this. Slavery was a world wide horror for most of recorded history. In one or two places it remains legal TODAY! We were far from the last to ban the practice and slavery existed in many tribal socieites for God knows how long. Including among native Americans and in AFRICA. Slaves shipped to the west were "procurred" and marched to the coast by other blacks. As unthinkable as it is slavery was the norm for societies although most people did not directly participate in the practice. Rich people plantations etc. Indentured servitude was common as well. Some rich people suck and that has not changed.

So how is it that only America is singled out? Generations after the fact and half a century plus after the Civil Rights movement back when the south was full of real racial hatered and discrimination. I can remember asking my parents what the 3rd bathroom was for in Florida.
So why now? When we have programs of official racism that work for the blacks? Why now when white people walk around terrified of the threat of being labled racist?

Well unlike each and every badly treated immigrant group to come to America blacks have not risen socieo economically. There was massive discrimination towards Irish, chinesse, Middle Eastern, Polish, Japanesse, Korean, ETC. but they rose by doing two things. Family and hard work. The very things BLM says blacks don't need?
So am I saying that blacks are inferior to white? Nope. Therefore the reason inner city blacks have not risen but then be bias, racism? Nope human behavior is more complex than that. I beleieve a combination of the blame card, the welfare trap of Lyndon Johnson,shit stick stirrers like Al Charleton and BLM fueling hatred for their own gain and blacks heavy concentration ininner city living are responsible. If the only thing we consider is racism then racism is what we will find. current racism might NOT be the issue.
No one wants to expore beyond that. If you don't believe it's racism then you are racist. All of this divide over how to solve a problem we agree exist.