PDA

View Full Version : The Torah versus the left

Sybil Ludington
12-08-2020, 10:35 AM
Here are examples of basic laws and values in the Torah that are the opposite of what the left advocates:

No. 1: “Do not show favoritism to a poor person in passing judgment” (Exodus 23:3). “Do not pervert justice. Do not show partiality to the poor or favoritism to the great, but judge your neighbor fairly” (Leviticus 19:15).

The left advocates judging the poor differently. A poor man who commits almost any crime, including a violent crime, is not to be held to the same legal or moral standard as other people. As reported last week in the City Journal:

“In October, the Seattle City Council floated legislation to provide an exemption from prosecution for misdemeanor crimes for any citizen who suffers from poverty, homelessness, addiction, or mental illness. Under the proposed ordinance, courts would have to dismiss all so-called ‘crimes of poverty’ — which, according to the city’s former public-safety advisor, would cover more than 90 percent of all misdemeanor cases citywide.”

Since Karl Marx, the left has not divided the world between right and wrong, as the Torah, Judaism and Christianity do, but between rich and poor.

Continued:
https://www.bizpacreview.com/2020/12/08/dennis-prager-the-torah-versus-the-left-1003528/?utm_medium=Newsletter&utm_source=Get+Response&utm_term=EMAIL&utm_content=Newsletter&utm_campaign=bizpac

Private Pickle
12-08-2020, 11:47 AM
Here are examples of basic laws and values in the Torah that are the opposite of what the left advocates:

No. 1: “Do not show favoritism to a poor person in passing judgment” (Exodus 23:3). “Do not pervert justice. Do not show partiality to the poor or favoritism to the great, but judge your neighbor fairly” (Leviticus 19:15).

The left advocates judging the poor differently. A poor man who commits almost any crime, including a violent crime, is not to be held to the same legal or moral standard as other people. As reported last week in the City Journal:

“In October, the Seattle City Council floated legislation to provide an exemption from prosecution for misdemeanor crimes for any citizen who suffers from poverty, homelessness, addiction, or mental illness. Under the proposed ordinance, courts would have to dismiss all so-called ‘crimes of poverty’ — which, according to the city’s former public-safety advisor, would cover more than 90 percent of all misdemeanor cases citywide.”

Since Karl Marx, the left has not divided the world between right and wrong, as the Torah, Judaism and Christianity do, but between rich and poor.

Continued:
https://www.bizpacreview.com/2020/12/08/dennis-prager-the-torah-versus-the-left-1003528/?utm_medium=Newsletter&utm_source=Get+Response&utm_term=EMAIL&utm_content=Newsletter&utm_campaign=bizpac

You prefer the system where having money means you're "not held to the same legal or moral standard as other people".

Hard pass.

You don't fight poverty by putting the poor in prison anymore than you fight drugs by putting addicts in prison...

stjames1_53
12-08-2020, 12:30 PM

Continued:

They need the empty jail space for COVID EO violators

Sybil Ludington
12-08-2020, 12:57 PM
You prefer the system where having money means you're "not held to the same legal or moral standard as other people".

Hard pass.

You don't fight poverty by putting the poor in prison anymore than you fight drugs by putting addicts in prison...

I always find it interesting that people like you make ASSUMPTIONS about the person posting an article......as if they agree with EVERYTHING in the article. Sometimes they don't believe in ANY of it, but find it of interest and think others would too, and capable of carrying on a CIVIL conversation about it. Is that just IMPOSSIBLE for y'all to comprehend?

Private Pickle
12-08-2020, 01:37 PM
I always find it interesting that people like you make ASSUMPTIONS about the person posting an article......as if they agree with EVERYTHING in the article. Sometimes they don't believe in ANY of it, but find it of interest and think others would too, and capable of carrying on a CIVIL conversation about it. Is that just IMPOSSIBLE for y'all to comprehend?

Well maybe giving your opinion next time will help clear things up...

I haven't been uncivil... I was just pointing out that the current justice system we employ certainly favors those with the money to fight it... I don't think making the problem worse is a good idea...

Mister D
12-08-2020, 01:45 PM
Why would you need to give your opinion on something he made up out of whole cloth?

Captdon
12-08-2020, 04:17 PM

You've said this before. Every time someone nails you for it you use this excuse.You give the right a bad name.

Sybil Ludington
12-08-2020, 04:25 PM
You've said this before. Every time someone nails you for it you use this excuse.You give the right a bad name.

It's not an excuse. It's a FACT.
https://myaddmoment.files.wordpress.com/2013/01/20130107-152802.jpg

jet57
12-08-2020, 04:46 PM

Continued:

Exodus is about Justice. Exodus 6: do not twist justice against people simply because they are poor.

Exodus 1: Do not pass along false reports. Do not cooperate with evil people by telling lies on the witness stand.

Exodus 2: Do not join a crowd that intends to do evil. When you are on the witness stand, do not be swayed in your testimony by the opinion of the majority.

Exodus 3: And do not slant your testimony in favor of a person just because he is poor.

Exodus 7: Keep far away from anyone doing evil. Never put an innocent or honest person to death. I will not allow anyone guilty of this to go free.

Exodus 9: Do not oppress the foreigners living among you. You know what it is like to be a foreigner. Remember your own experience in the land of Egypt.

This chapter is about not letting your emotions, sympathies or fears or personal feelings interfere with your participation in delivering justice by court or one on one.

I have a very very low opinion of people who bastardize the Bible for their own political gain by twisting it to suit their personal prejudices.

jet57
12-09-2020, 06:17 PM
It's not an excuse. It's a FACT.
https://myaddmoment.files.wordpress.com/2013/01/20130107-152802.jpg

I take it you read post #9 very carefully.

Calypso Jones
12-09-2020, 06:23 PM
Exodus is about Justice. Exodus 6: do not twist justice against people simply because they are poor.

Exodus 1: Do not pass along false reports. Do not cooperate with evil people by telling lies on the witness stand.

Exodus 2: Do not join a crowd that intends to do evil. When you are on the witness stand, do not be swayed in your testimony by the opinion of the majority.

Exodus 3: And do not slant your testimony in favor of a person just because he is poor.

Exodus 7: Keep far away from anyone doing evil. Never put an innocent or honest person to death. I will not allow anyone guilty of this to go free.

Exodus 9: Do not oppress the foreigners living among you. You know what it is like to be a foreigner. Remember your own experience in the land of Egypt.

This chapter is about not letting your emotions, sympathies or fears or personal feelings interfere with your participation in delivering justice by court or one on one.

I have a very very low opinion of people who bastardize the Bible for their own political gain by twisting it to suit their personal prejudices.

so do the rest of us.

Calypso Jones
12-09-2020, 06:26 PM
Proverbs 29:2 “When the righteous increase, the people rejoice, but when the wicked rule, the people groan.”

Calypso Jones
12-09-2020, 06:27 PM
Ephesians 5:11 “Take no part in the unfruitful works of darkness, but instead expose them.”

Calypso Jones
12-09-2020, 06:28 PM
Isaiah 1:4 “Ah, sinful nation, a people laden with iniquity, offspring of evildoers, children who deal corruptly!”

Calypso Jones
12-09-2020, 06:29 PM
Hosea 9:9 “They have deeply corrupted themselves as in the days of Gibeah; he will remember their iniquity; he will punish their sins.”

Calypso Jones
12-09-2020, 06:30 PM
Proverbs 28:15 “Like a roaring lion or a charging bear is a wicked ruler over a poor people.”

Sybil Ludington
12-09-2020, 06:30 PM
Proverbs 29:2 “When the righteous increase, the people rejoice, but when the wicked rule, the people groan.”

I always thought this one was interesting too:

2 Timothy 3:1-5 (https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=2+Timothy+3%3A1-5&version=ESV)But understand this, that in the last days there will come times of difficulty. For people will be lovers of self, lovers of money, proud, arrogant, abusive, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy, heartless, unappeasable, slanderous, without self-control, brutal, not loving good, treacherous, reckless, swollen with conceit, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God, having the appearance of godliness, but denying its power. Avoid such people.

Captdon
12-09-2020, 07:34 PM
I always thought this one was interesting too:

2 Timothy 3:1-5 (https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=2+Timothy+3%3A1-5&version=ESV)

But understand this, that in the last days there will come times of difficulty. For people will be lovers of self, lovers of money, proud, arrogant, abusive, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy, heartless, unappeasable, slanderous, without self-control, brutal, not loving good, treacherous, reckless, swollen with conceit, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God, having the appearance of godliness, but denying its power. Avoid such people.

Which applies to every generation that has existed.

Calypso Jones
12-09-2020, 07:38 PM
I take it you read post #9 very carefully.

TELL US....how a bible quoting Christian can support the party of baby killers. jet57

Sybil Ludington
12-09-2020, 07:39 PM
Which applies to every generation that has existed.

Seems to apply MORE so these days.

Calypso Jones
12-09-2020, 07:54 PM
That's what i thought.

jet57
12-10-2020, 04:54 AM
TELL US....how a bible quoting Christian can support the party of baby killers. @jet57 (https://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=2416)

You need to go back and read my Exodus post.