PDA

View Full Version : Is Capitalism Evil?

Sybil Ludington
12-10-2020, 09:33 PM
https://www.prageru.com/video/ep-163-is-capitalism-evil/?utm_source=Main+Mailing+List&utm_campaign=35ebb0d6ea-EMAIL_CAMPAIGN_10_8_2020_16_32_COPY_01&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_f90832343d-35ebb0d6ea-180777858

Madison
12-10-2020, 09:37 PM
No. Capitalism is great. It makes you get a better life
A fun life and a healthy life

roadmaster
12-10-2020, 09:48 PM
No, and I use to love to work with motivated young people teaching them gigs. There are so many today, no excuse.

nathanbforrest45
12-10-2020, 10:33 PM
Depends, do you believe in yourself and your own abilities? Are you willing to work hard for what you want and to be the best you can be? Then no, capitalism in the opposite of evil.

On the other hand if you believe you are incapable of taking care of yourself. If you believe that the only reason there are poor people is because rich people took their money, if you believe you absolutely need the government to protect you from "predatory (enter name here) then capitalism is evil in your eyes. And so are you.

roadmaster
12-10-2020, 11:39 PM
Lol I am not young but my first gig around 7 years old, my sisters, cousins and I would crochet book marks for Bibles with a cross on the end. We walked house to house selling them for 10 cents. If we made a dollar that day we thought we were rich. We laugh about it now but you have to believe in yourself. We were always thinking of what we could do.

Dr. Who
12-11-2020, 12:40 AM
https://www.prageru.com/video/ep-163-is-capitalism-evil/?utm_source=Main+Mailing+List&utm_campaign=35ebb0d6ea-EMAIL_CAMPAIGN_10_8_2020_16_32_COPY_01&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_f90832343d-35ebb0d6ea-180777858

It depends whether you are for or against oligarchies. Capitalism isn't just a pure economic system like the model of a free market, it's also a political system with an end goal built into its design. People complain about globalism, but globalism is inevitable with capitalism. The connection between capitalism and government is inextricable and the latter serves the former, so you end up with corporatocracies, with collective national interests being indivisible and subordinate to global corporate interests. As those multinational global interests are vested in fewer and fewer hands, you end up with national governments serving a handful of oligarchs, not their own people. Businesses being inherently authoritarian, as the corporatocracies grow, so does authoritarianism in government.

nathanbforrest45
12-11-2020, 10:12 AM
Government controls on capitalism is not capitalism. The only way one entity can gain absolute control of a market is with government regulations that keep other competitors out of the market. The freer the market is the more the consumer benefits. When I worked for the Interstate Commerce Commission in the 1970's it was drilled into everyone the regulations were not to assist the consumer but to insure marginal trucking companies could remain in business. Rates were set to insure that happened. When the ICC was abolished rates plummeted for the major carriers. Yes, about half of the smaller, more poorly run carriers went out of business but manufacturers paid lower rates to move their goods. This allowed those goods to be sold at a lower price and everyone benefited.