PDA

View Full Version : Another One: NC Official Urges People To Stay Home, Admits She's Traveling in Same Sp

Sybil Ludington
12-24-2020, 06:43 PM
I don’t know Mecklenburg County, North Carolina Manager Dena Diorio, but I have to imagine in any other year, being mentioned in the same breath as California Gov. Gavin Newsom would probably have made her day.

It’s 2020, however, and you know what that means: Diorio is a local official who wants you to follow strict COVID guidelines she’s not particularly keen on following herself.

According to WFAE-FM (https://www.wfae.org/health/2020-12-21/mecklenburg-county-officials-continue-to-discourage-holiday-travel), Diorio was one of numerous officials in Mecklenburg County — home to Charlotte — urging residents to stay at home this Christmas.

Preferably with members of your own family, 16 feet apart and wearing masks and Snuggies. I made most of that up, but you could read between the lines and tell that was the context.

“For this holiday season, we ask that you stay home and only be around those who you live with,” she said at a media briefing Monday.

continued:
https://www.westernjournal.com/another-one-north-carolina-official-urges-people-stay-home-admits-traveling-speech/?utm_source=Email&utm_medium=CTBreaking&utm_campaign=breaking&utm_content=conservative-tribune&ats_es=57139bde57e070d7cce67b2f02003c45

Calypso Jones
12-24-2020, 06:47 PM
But she isnt.

Sybil Ludington
12-24-2020, 07:01 PM
But she isnt.

she isn't......................................traveli ng?

Abby08
12-24-2020, 08:28 PM
There are hundreds of thousands of people, all across the country, traveling to some destination for Christmas......FLYING.....the airports are as busy as ever.

I do believe people have had enough of these stupid demands.

GOOD!

Calypso Jones
12-24-2020, 11:59 PM
she isn't......................................traveli ng?

no...she isn't staying home. SHE is travelling to be with family and friends.

Do these people not see their own hypocrisy or know that WE see it??

Sybil Ludington
12-25-2020, 11:08 AM
no...she isn't staying home. SHE is travelling to be with family and friends.

Do these people not see their own hypocrisy or know that WE see it??

Sure they do. They just like to flaunt they don't follow their own rules and can get by with it.

Calypso Jones
12-25-2020, 11:09 AM
Sure they do. They just like to flaunt they don't follow their own rules and can get by with it.

You know Sybil...i don't know that they do see it. THey just consider themselves entitled.