PDA

View Full Version : Putin Blames Clinton For Unrest Following Russian Elections

Conley
12-08-2011, 02:08 PM
MOSCOW — Prime Minister Vladimir V. Putin on Thursday accused Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton of instigating protests over the results of Russia’s parliamentary elections by baselessly criticizing the vote as “dishonest and unfair” and he warned that Russia needed to protect against “interference” by foreign governments in its internal affairs.

“I looked at the first reaction of our U.S. partners,” Mr. Putin said in remarks to political allies. “The first thing that the secretary of state did was say that they were not honest and not fair, but she had not even yet received the material from the observers.”

“She set the tone for some actors in our country and gave them a signal,” Mr. Putin continued. “They heard the signal, and with the support of the U.S. State Department, began active work.”
Mr. Putin’s remarks signaled a new worsening in relations with the United States, threatening the Obama administration’s efforts to “reset” the relationship with Russia. His critique was strikingly personal. By singling out Mrs. Clinton, rather than making a vague comment about the West, he effectively thrust the United States on the side of the protesters in the streets challenging the Kremlin’s authority, and not entirely without reason.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/12/09/world/europe/putin-accuses-clinton-of-instigating-russian-protests.html

Bad form Vlad! Looks like US-Russian relations are at at least a ten year low...

MMC
12-08-2011, 02:47 PM
Gorbachev was calling for a Recount!

MMC
12-09-2011, 12:29 PM
Yep....Putin even told them(the people) the US had people in their country to cause civil strife.

Mister D
12-09-2011, 12:34 PM
Yep....Putin even told them(the people) the US had people in their country to cause civil strife.

I would doubt a direct connection but I would not be the least bit surprised if Russian dissidents had some kind of connnection to the CIA or the US Government.

MMC
12-09-2011, 12:37 PM
Well....we will see if he steps onto the stage in Grandiose Fashion!

Mister D
12-09-2011, 12:45 PM
Doesn't Gorbachaev live abroad? I posted an interview a few months ago from The Economist. I thought I remember reading that.

MMC
12-09-2011, 01:23 PM
Im not sure.....I saw it when I was scanning some other stuff out of the EU. Is Yeltsin still alive?

Mister D
12-09-2011, 01:30 PM
Nope. Passed a few years ago/

Conley
12-09-2011, 03:47 PM
Doesn't Gorbachaev live abroad? I posted an interview a few months ago from The Economist. I thought I remember reading that.

I think you're right. For some reason I want to say France? He probably owns multiple homes. I'm sure many in Russia resent him.

Conley
12-09-2011, 03:47 PM
Nope. Passed a few years ago/

Yep, that was quite a while back.