PDA

View Full Version : Organizing traffic

Adelaide
01-01-2021, 07:48 AM
I am using sub-headings since I suck at brevity.

Latest Happenings: Maybe we could create a "Latest Happenings - Mainstream News" and a "Latest Happenings - Batshit Crazy News" and let them loose. I would maybe suggest "Latest Happenings - Non-Mainstream News" for the batshit crazy, but, semantics...

If we literally label it, they will actually attempt to post things in the right sub-forums, I think because they find mainstream news revolting. They can bask in their glory of having a place to post their gosh darn nonsense. It will also be less insulting than just moving it all to the Right Side or the Conspiracy Theories sections. Anything not actually news (like op-eds) can be moved to the Right Side and the suggestions that congressmen are lizards and whatever can be moved to Conspiracy Theories. Any of the nonsense "news" can stay in its section?

Lighter Side (non-political): Also, I think we need to strip the lighter side of tPF and make it clear that the entire section is for non-political threads with the exception of some political humor (which has always been difficult to determine where to place). Nothing in a non-political thread should require a tPF prefix if people are acting like human beings and not savage animals. Maybe that's an unrealistic expectation.

Clear Sub-forum Descriptions: May also be time to write very clear subforum descriptions since the turnips that fell off next door's truck cannot seem to master the fine art of putting a thread in the proper section. I can work on a draft of this since it's tedious and I got nothin' but time right now.

Of course, I would ask the Advisors about it... What do you guys think?

(Please note: zero F-words - *boom* - self-control)

DGUtley
01-02-2021, 10:30 AM
I am all for doing something like that.

They are abusing the tpf thread ability. I don't have an answer but I do think there are reasons for non-political tpf threads. Do we have the ability to suspend tpf rights?

Adelaide
01-02-2021, 03:08 PM
I am all for doing something like that.

They are abusing the tpf thread ability. I don't have an answer but I do think there are reasons for non-political tpf threads. Do we have the ability to suspend tpf rights?

Not per user unless we create another user group or police someone individually. It's somewhat easier to just do it by sub-forum. Either/or.

gamewell45
01-02-2021, 04:12 PM
I think its a good idea and we should discuss it with the advisors as well.

Adelaide
01-25-2021, 08:03 PM
I can ask the Advisors this weekend if you guys are still on board.

DGUtley
01-25-2021, 08:48 PM
I am

Hal Jordan
01-26-2021, 02:42 AM
Aye

Sent from my SM-A205U using Tapatalk

gamewell45
02-27-2021, 07:33 PM
I'm still on board with it.