PDA

View Full Version : What Conservatives MUST Do now.

Boris The Animal
01-15-2021, 07:25 PM
Rather than asking what we should do, here is what we MUST do going forward, We must get out the vote and elect:

1) School Boards-Reclaim the education establishment and teach REAL American history, along with returning to the 3 Rs.

2) City Councils and Mayors-See what Conservative governance can do to reclaim urban centers. It's a long shot, but can be done.

3) Statewide governance-The gains we made last year were great. Let's hope 2022 reinforces that.

4) (a) 2022 Federally-Flip the House like a pancake and regain the Senate

(b) 2024-I believe that Trump would be a huge liability now, but the brand of Conservatism that he brought should be strengthened. With a possible Nikki Haley Candidacy against EZ Spread, this should get interesting (catfight, anyone?)

Retirednsmilin308
01-15-2021, 07:28 PM
...and shut up about, " no violence". That crap gets you nowhere in a gutter fight.

...and this IS a gutter fight.

You don't have to endorse it, just don't condemn it. You know, like the Democrats have been doing for the last four years.

It worked just fine for them.

Knock off all this "high road" crap.

As Jimmy Falcone says...Fugget about it

Boris The Animal
01-15-2021, 07:30 PM
...and shut up about, " no violence". That crap gets you nowhere in a gutter fight.

That's what bothered me about the Bush 43 Presidency. He was routinely pilloried and did nothing.

Retirednsmilin308
01-15-2021, 07:33 PM
Rather than asking what we should do, here is what we MUST do going forward, We must get out the vote and elect:

1) School Boards-Reclaim the education establishment and teach REAL American history, along with returning to the 3 Rs.

2) City Councils and Mayors-See what Conservative governance can do to reclaim urban centers. It's a long shot, but can be done.

3) Statewide governance-The gains we made last year were great. Let's hope 2022 reinforces that.

(b) 2024-I believe that Trump would be a huge liability now, but the brand of Conservatism that he brought should be strengthened. With a possible Nikki Haley
Candidacy against EZ Spread, this should get interesting (catfight, anyone?)

The Texas State Rifle Association does this now to ward off any anti-gun legislation here.

Defeat them all locally before they rise to a national level.

RMNIXON
01-15-2021, 07:34 PM
What I will say is that Democrats are going way overboard with no sign of stopping. And a major push to the Left right after an election this close (President, House, and Senate) is a huge misread. Not just legislative "mandates" but an all out attack on political opposition by the left media and many Democrats!

So yes, I expect a lot of blowback and the Local and State level is a good starting point.

countryboy
01-15-2021, 08:20 PM
The main priority has to be election reform. Without that, there's nothing.

Boris The Animal
01-15-2021, 08:22 PM
What I will say is that Democrats are going way overboard with no sign of stopping. And a major push to the Left right after an election this close (President, House, and Senate) is a huge misread. Not just legislative "mandates" but an all out attack on political opposition by the left media and many Democrats!

So yes, I expect a lot of blowback and the Local and State level is a good starting point.Oh, I agree. And the Democrats will overreach, just like they always do.

Retirednsmilin308
01-15-2021, 08:24 PM
The main priority has to be election reform. Without that, there's nothing.

Oh, contaire...there is still another option given to us by the constitution.
A mandate, actually.

countryboy
01-15-2021, 08:26 PM
A mandate, actually.

Article V? I'm all for it. Unfortunately, people have an irrational fear of it.

Boris The Animal
01-15-2021, 08:30 PM
A mandate, actually.You do know an Article V convention opens up the Constitution completely, doncha? And we do know if that happens, the Left would absolutely love to get their grimy fingers into it and change it to their sick demented ideology.

Tahuyaman
01-15-2021, 09:44 PM
You do know an Article V convention opens up the Constitution completely, doncha? And we do know if that happens, the Left would absolutely love to get their grimy fingers into it and change it to their sick demented ideology.
That’s not necessarily true. An article V convention can deal with a single issue such as amending the constitution to allow DC statehood for example. The rest of the constitution would not be impacted.

carolina73
01-15-2021, 09:54 PM
Guilty! I admit that I paid no attention to local elections and that is where they beat us.

carolina73
01-15-2021, 09:57 PM
That’s not necessarily true. An article V convention can deal with a single issue such as amending the constitution to allow DC statehood for example. The rest of the constitution would not be impacted.

Yes. I hear that on the radio shows, they often consider it a redo.

It is the opportunity to alter and in no way has to mean a rewrite.

Tahuyaman
01-16-2021, 12:28 AM
What Conservatives MUST Do now
What they must do now is what they should always do. It’s what they never should have stopped doing.

That’s advocating and adhering to strict compliance with the principles of governing laid out in the US constitution.

Supporting limited government and restrained spending and lower rates of taxation.

They should advocate a credible national defense / security with less military footprint overseas.

They should stand for individual liberties and promote individual success.

They should call for ending the unconstitutional restrictions upon our civil liberties because of a virus which poses minimal to no risk to 99% of the population.

Retirednsmilin308
01-16-2021, 05:14 AM
Article V? I'm all for it. Unfortunately, people have an irrational fear of it.

Nope, our other option is the cartridge box.
Forcing a regime change at bayonet point.
We have that right under the constitution.
That is the whole purpose of the Second Amendment.

Retirednsmilin308
01-16-2021, 05:16 AM
You do know an Article V convention opens up the Constitution completely, doncha? And we do know if that happens, the Left would absolutely love to get their grimy fingers into it and change it to their sick demented ideology.

I was not talking about Article V.
I was talking about our right and mandate to change our government at bayonet point.
We have that right.

Or have we become a nation of bend over and take it types.
If that is the case, then we deserve what we get.

Peter1469
01-16-2021, 05:24 AM

(b) 2024-I believe that Trump would be a huge liability now, but the brand of Conservatism that he brought should be strengthened. With a possible Nikki Haley Candidacy against EZ Spread, this should get interesting (catfight, anyone?)
Support conservative politicians who run on an end the lockdowns platform.

countryboy
01-16-2021, 08:48 AM

There's the very irrational fear I was talking about. It doesn't "open the Constitution completely" at all. Besides, the left is dismantling our Constitution piece by piece anyways. We have nothing to lose.

Section31
01-19-2021, 01:22 PM
Conservatives must fight leftists everywhere they are, on every issue.

Calypso Jones
02-12-2021, 09:25 PM

Nikki haley has thrown the president under the bus as they say trying to dig into her deep state spot. Media still hates her guts and that won't change. Now the right hates her traitorous backstabbing guts too. Make her pay.

Captdon
02-12-2021, 09:51 PM
Nikki haley has thrown the president under the bus as they say trying to dig into her deep state spot. Media still hates her guts and that won't change. Now the right hates her traitorous backstabbing guts too. Make her pay.She talked about his personality and his behavior at he end of his term. His policies are fine but he lost those Georgia states with his whining and keeping the narrative on him.

MisterVeritis
02-12-2021, 10:16 PM
It does not. It is a second means to propose amendments.

Peter1469
02-13-2021, 06:08 AM

Agree with all but the word conservative.

Trump attached himself to a movement called nationalist populism that started in Europe 2-3 years before he came down the escalator. Trump did successfully transform the GOP into a nationalist populist party - the question is whether the GOP old guard can turn it back into what it was prior.

I agree the party doesn't need Trump to run in 2024. Younger blood can do that. Tom Cotton has been called that man by many in the conservative intellectual class.

Peter1469
02-13-2021, 06:10 AM
Nikki haley has thrown the president under the bus as they say trying to dig into her deep state spot. Media still hates her guts and that won't change. Now the right hates her traitorous backstabbing guts too. Make her pay.

I think Nikki did a great job representing US interests at the UN. I would not trust her as President.

Peter1469
02-13-2021, 06:11 AM
It does not. It is a second means to propose amendments.
Yes that is the Constitutional intent.

But the Constitutional Convention was limited in its charter. They ignored those limits.

Common Sense
02-13-2021, 06:17 AM

You don't have to endorse it, just don't condemn it. You know, like the Democrats have been doing for the last four years.

It worked just fine for them.

Knock off all this "high road" crap.

As Jimmy Falcone says...Fugget about it

Sorry, what high road crap? All I've seem are calls to violence. False claims of election fraud and portraying Dems as baby eating commies hell bent on destroying America.

I dont think they realize how batshit crazy they sound.

The Republicans need to purge the nuts and rebuild their party. This time with some honesty, integrity and maturity. Lay off the QAnon crazy shit and the unrealistic conspiracy crap.

donttread
02-13-2021, 07:20 AM

All true, but I also think civil disodediance is long overdue. If not now, when?

jet57
02-13-2021, 11:11 AM

As long as any of those candidates are breathing Trump’s oxygen they won’t get elected.

MisterVeritis
02-13-2021, 12:37 PM
Yes that is the Constitutional intent.

But the Constitutional Convention was limited in its charter. They ignored those limits.
They were not operating under the US Constitution. The convention of states that met to amend the Articles of Confederation because it had failed realized the Articles could not be fixed.

Boris The Animal
02-13-2021, 04:59 PM
As long as any of those candidates are breathing Trump’s oxygen they won’t get elected.Dream on, Bolshevik. The Democrat party are all about big tech and the rich elites. They've effectively pissed off blue collar voters.

jet57
02-13-2021, 05:13 PM
Dream on, Bolshevik. The Democrat party are all about big tech and the rich elites. They've effectively pissed off blue collar voters.
Biden is showing us that he's and FDR kinda guy.

Mister D
02-13-2021, 05:14 PM
Yeah, FDR in 1946. lol

Abby08
02-13-2021, 06:22 PM

He's showing us he's an Obama kinda guy......100 times worse.

Peter1469
02-13-2021, 06:26 PM
Someone admired by Hitler and Mussolini?

Hitler, Mussolini and FDR: The Secret History of a Mutual Admiration Society (https://townhall.com/columnists/dineshdsouza/2018/08/22/hitler-mussolini-and-fdr-the-secret-history-of-a-mutual-admiration-society-n2512040)

In 1933, FDR responded to a journalist who asked him his view of Mussolini. “I don’t mind telling you that I am keeping in fairly close touch with that admirable Italian gentleman.” That same year FDR again gave his view of Mussolini to Breckinridge Long, US ambassador to Rome. “There seems to be no question that he is really interested in what we are doing and I am much interested and deeply impressed by what he has accomplished and by his evidenced honest purpose of restoring Italy.”

FDR’s enthusiasm for Mussolini and Italian fascism was echoed by other progressives of his time. “An amazing experiment is being made here,” wrote progressive historian Charles Beard. “It would be a mistake to allow feelings aroused by contemplating the harsh deeds and extravagant assertions that have accompanied the Fascist process to obscure the potentialities and lessons of the adventure.”

Herbert Croly, editor of the New Republic, insisted that fascism offered the potential for the “spiritual reconstruction” of society. Progressives in popular culture picked up the fascist tune. “You’re the top, you’re Mussolini,” crooned Cole Porter in an early-thirties hit song whose Mussolini reference was tactfully removed a few years later when the Italian fascists invaded Ethiopia.

jet57
02-14-2021, 12:28 PM
Someone admired by Hitler and Mussolini?

Hitler, Mussolini and FDR: The Secret History of a Mutual Admiration Society (https://townhall.com/columnists/dineshdsouza/2018/08/22/hitler-mussolini-and-fdr-the-secret-history-of-a-mutual-admiration-society-n2512040)

FDR’s enthusiasm for Mussolini and Italian fascism was echoed by other progressives of his time. “An amazing experiment is being made here,” wrote progressive historian Charles Beard. “It would be a mistake to allow feelings aroused by contemplating the harsh deeds and extravagant assertions that have accompanied the Fascist process to obscure the potentialities and lessons of the adventure.”

Herbert Croly, editor of the New Republic, insisted that fascism offered the potential for the “spiritual reconstruction” of society. Progressives in popular culture picked up the fascist tune. “You’re the top, you’re Mussolini,” crooned Cole Porter in an early-thirties hit song whose Mussolini reference was tactfully removed a few years later when the Italian fascists invaded Ethiopia.

You make the silliest all but outright lying posts sometimes. Two have nothing to do with one. FDR took over in 1933. The same year that Hitler became chancellor, do nobody knew. Don't forget that our own Time Magazine made Hitler "Man of the Year" in 1938!! So how you can stand there with a straight face and lie like hell and expect to be taken seriously is another of your delusions. FDR got people up off the street and working through deficit spending and it worked. Almost over night the country went from nothing to producing on a national level. THAT is what those two admired. And don't forget as well that in 1936 Adolf Hitler hosted the 1936 Olympic Games which was two years before Time Magazine put Hitler on the cover. So, go lie elsewhere.

MisterVeritis
02-14-2021, 12:56 PM
You make the silliest all but outright lying posts sometimes. Two have nothing to do with one. FDR took over in 1933. The same year that Hitler became chancellor, do nobody knew. Don't forget that our own Time Magazine made Hitler "Man of the Year" in 1938!! So how you can stand there with a straight face and lie like hell and expect to be taken seriously is another of your delusions. FDR got people up off the street and working through deficit spending and it worked. Almost over night the country went from nothing to producing on a national level. THAT is what those two admired. And don't forget as well that in 1936 Adolf Hitler hosted the 1936 Olympic Games which was two years before Time Magazine put Hitler on the cover. So, go lie elsewhere.
It is unsurprising that someone like you is so unwilling to see the naked truth about FDR.

Boris The Animal
02-14-2021, 02:05 PM
It is unsurprising that someone like you is so unwilling to see the naked truth about FDR.
FDR prolonged and intensified the Great Depression. Only WWII got us out of it.

Peter1469
02-14-2021, 02:06 PM
Proofs doesn't sway the rock of intellect that is the jet.

jet57
02-14-2021, 05:55 PM
FDR prolonged and intensified the Great Depression. Only WWII got us out of it.

(cough)

What - should FDR have done?

MisterVeritis
02-14-2021, 06:21 PM
(cough)

What - should FDR have done?
Nothing, is the correct answer. He should have reviewed every law that harmed the market with a view toward ending them.

Instead FDR meddled and meddled and meddled. He destroyed the foundation of limited government. He dealt the killing blow to the USA.

Calypso Jones
02-18-2021, 04:43 PM
Nikki Haley is Not ever going to be president. Trump supporters will make damn sure of that.

The Coup de Grâce for Nikki Haley’s Presidential Aspirations - American Thinker (https://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2021/02/the_coup_de_grce_for_nikki_haleys_presidential_asp irations.html)