PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Work by Robert Frost

FindersKeepers
01-23-2021, 06:53 AM
So many of Frost's works are published all over the place, but I'm looking for an online copy of a single one -- and, so far, I've been unsuccessful.

Does anyone have a copy of "Hard Not to be King" by Robert Frost that they would not mind scanning and uploading? Or, just send me copy via PM?

Standing Wolf
01-23-2021, 10:41 AM
I found a signed first edition for sale for $400 if you want to go that route. :rollseyes:

Chris
01-23-2021, 11:51 AM
You can find images of the first page, that's about it.

Dr. Who
01-23-2021, 01:19 PM
So many of Frost's works are published all over the place, but I'm looking for an online copy of a single one -- and, so far, I've been unsuccessful.

Does anyone have a copy of "Hard Not to be King" by Robert Frost that they would not mind scanning and uploading? Or, just send me copy via PM?

You could go for the complete works: The poetry of Robert Frost : the collected poems (Book, 2002) [WorldCat.org] (https://www.worldcat.org/title/poetry-of-robert-frost-the-collected-poems/oclc/1004925419) or this link will tell you where you can find the book as well as any libraries that carry it: Results for 'Hard Not to be King' [WorldCat.org] (https://www.worldcat.org/search?q=Hard+Not+to+be+King&&dblist=638&fq=)

FindersKeepers
01-23-2021, 03:37 PM
I found a signed first edition for sale for $400 if you want to go that route. :rollseyes:

Thank you! I was hoping to avoid paying for it. LOL

It looks like a nearby university library might have a copy -- I think I'll be making a short trip.

Standing Wolf
01-23-2021, 03:52 PM
Thank you! I was hoping to avoid paying for it. LOL

It looks like a nearby university library might have a copy -- I think I'll be making a short trip.

Just when you think that EVERYTHING is on the Interwebs.

FindersKeepers
01-23-2021, 04:03 PM
Just when you think that EVERYTHING is on the Interwebs.

I know, right?

Standing Wolf
01-25-2021, 03:09 PM
Funny coincidence. Yesterday, as I was continuing to sort through the chaos of my personal library, I came across a small volume that I'm pretty sure belonged to one of my late in-laws. It's 'Good Morning, America' by Robert Frost...but in German. So it's 'Guten Morgen, Amerika'. The thing is, neither one of them was German or (as far as I know) read or spoke German. Just one of those little mysteries that will remain forever unsolved, I suppose.

FindersKeepers
01-28-2021, 12:50 PM
Funny coincidence. Yesterday, as I was continuing to sort through the chaos of my personal library, I came across a small volume that I'm pretty sure belonged to one of my late in-laws. It's 'Good Morning, America' by Robert Frost...but in German. So it's 'Guten Morgen, Amerika'. The thing is, neither one of them was German or (as far as I know) read or spoke German. Just one of those little mysteries that will remain forever unsolved, I suppose.

That is a mystery!

Frost was so popular, so most of his works are out there, but I haven't read Good Morning, America before. I do think Frost was multilingual, but somehow, I thought his second language was Italian. I'm likely wrong.

I'm still on the hunt for an entire copy of Hard Not to Be King. So far, I've only read four of the 13 pages. It was printed in 1951, so five more years until it enters the public domain. It was sold as a solitary book -- very thin -- and I believe only 300 were printed. It's virtually impossible to get at this point without spending hundreds.

But, I'll keep looking...