PDA

View Full Version : Officer Sicknick

ripmeister
02-02-2021, 10:05 PM
Officer Sicknick lieing in state at the Capital. Sad.

Chris
02-02-2021, 10:11 PM
Was cause of death ever established? I looked a few days ago and saw nothing.

ripmeister
02-02-2021, 10:14 PM
[QUOTE=Chris;3173010]Was cause of death ever established? I looked a few days ago and saw nothing.[/

:embarrassed:

ripmeister
02-02-2021, 10:18 PM
Was cause of death ever established? I looked a few days ago and saw nothing.
He was struck in the head with a fire extinguisher. Probably a subdural hematoma. Does it really matter though?

Calypso Jones
02-02-2021, 10:20 PM
He was struck in the head with a fire extinguisher. Probably a subdural hematoma. Does it really matter though?

no...it doesn't. not one freakin' bit.

ripmeister
02-02-2021, 10:23 PM
no...it doesn't. not one freakin' bit.
Glad you agree

Calypso Jones
02-02-2021, 10:32 PM
heh heh heh

ripmeister
02-02-2021, 10:40 PM
heh heh heh
I couldn’t resist. You didn’t consider your response.

carolina73
02-02-2021, 10:46 PM
No he wasn't. That was an early story that turned out to be false.

Calypso Jones
02-02-2021, 10:47 PM
I couldn’t resist. You didn’t consider your response.

said exactly what i wanted to say how i wanted to say it. you can take it anyway you like.

carolina73
02-02-2021, 11:03 PM
BLM wanted him dead and now they use him as a prop. The things that Democrats do.

ripmeister
02-02-2021, 11:13 PM
BLM wanted him dead and now they use him as a prop. The things that Democrats do.
Give me a break. Regardless of direct cause Sicknick is dead because of the assault by Trump supporters on the capital.

Ethereal
02-03-2021, 01:04 AM
Are we sure he didn't die from COVID?

FindersKeepers
02-03-2021, 03:46 AM

Why is he lying in state?

Can you explain that?

I'm sorry the guy died, but lying in state? Gimme a break.

countryboy
02-03-2021, 06:07 AM
Faux liberal crocodile tears, isn't that special.

hanger4
02-03-2021, 06:57 AM
Give me a break. Regardless of direct cause Sicknick is dead because of the assault by Trump supporters on the capital.

*Sicknick is dead because of the assault by Trump supporters on the capital*

This is incorrect rip, cause of death has not been released to the public. What is known, all video and photos reviewed show no moment when fatal injuries were received, no findings from an autopsy or medical examiner have been released. We don't even know why this information is being withheld.

One can speculate all one wants, but to point any one cause has no basis in fact ...... at this time.

hanger4
02-03-2021, 07:03 AM
Why is he lying in state?

Can you explain that?

I'm sorry the guy died, but lying in state? Gimme a break.

Considering cause of death is a total public unknown "lying in state" is more purely partisan political reasons. It gives the Democratic Party a platform to bludgeon (disingenuously I might add) Trump and supporters.

Collateral Damage
02-03-2021, 08:49 AM
Why isn't the woman who was shot by the police lying in State? Oh, that's right, she is from the wrong side of the political spectrum.

Until they actually release Sicknick's cause of death, then it is in conjecture.

That anybody died, anywhere, is sad. You just seem to think it's sadder because it makes some people believe they are morally superior. They aren't.

Dr. Who
02-03-2021, 09:08 AM
Perhaps some of you will feel better knowing that Sicknick was a major Trump supporter.

carolina73
02-03-2021, 09:17 AM
When you drove your car yesterday. A car the would not have stopped had to. You delayed him by a few seconds and later he hit and killed a pedestrian. You killed the pedestrian. Just using your logic.

2 people died at the protests due to health issues in the parking lot. Are you going to blame their death on the protestors as well? Are their bodies on display as a prop for Pelosi's propaganda machine?
I support our police and it is unfortunate about this police officer no matter how it happened. When we actually find out, then I will actually have someone to blame. Right now, they are withholding the cause for one of two reasons; dramatic impact just before the impeachment hearing or because he simply had a stroke, heart attack or some reason that does not support the left wing narrative.

Dr. Who
02-03-2021, 09:38 AM
When you drove your car yesterday. A car the would not have stopped had to. You delayed him by a few seconds and later he hit and killed a pedestrian. You killed the pedestrian. Just using your logic.

2 people died at the protests due to health issues in the parking lot. Are you going to blame their death on the protestors as well? Are their bodies on display as a prop for Pelosi's propaganda machine?
I support our police and it is unfortunate about this police officer no matter how it happened. When we actually find out, then I will actually have someone to blame. Right now, they are withholding the cause for one of two reasons; dramatic impact just before the impeachment hearing or because he simply had a stroke, heart attack or some reason that does not support the left wing narrative.

He may well have had a stroke, since his family said he had a blood clot on the brain. While the specific cause of death has not been officially released, no one has suggested that it was unrelated to his injuries. Even if he experienced a heart attack subsequent to being injured, it would be the trauma from the injuries that resulted in the heart attack. Any way you cut this, his death was related to his violent interaction with protesters in defense of the Capitol building and the people within it. Because of Covid-19, there will not be a funeral that anyone other than the immediate family can attend, so this is the only way that House members can pay their respects to Officer Sicknick and honor his sacrifice.

carolina73
02-03-2021, 09:46 AM
He may well have had a stroke, since his family said he had a blood clot on the brain. While the specific cause of death has not been officially released, no one has suggested that it was unrelated to his injuries. Even if he experienced a heart attack subsequent to being injured, it would be the trauma from the injuries that resulted in the heart attack. Any way you cut this, his death was related to his violent interaction with protesters in defense of the Capitol building and the people within it. Because of Covid-19, there will not be a funeral that anyone other than the immediate family can attend, so this is the only way that House members can pay their respects to Officer Sicknick and honor his sacrifice.
Link! Proof! You are projecting an answer that you want.

A cop only takes a job knowing that he will be put in some stressful positions as part of his job. We do not even know if this cop was in the fray.

Collateral Damage
02-03-2021, 09:51 AM
Perhaps some of you will feel better knowing that Sicknick was a major Trump supporter.
What does his political position have to do with the show being put on regarding his death?

Mister D
02-03-2021, 09:52 AM
So much concern for the well being of the police effective 01.06.2021.

carolina73
02-03-2021, 09:57 AM

The left is still anti-cop.

The right is just disgusted in the left using a dead cop as a prop for their political gain.

Nothing has changed. We just do not know what happened yet and there is certainly a political reason that they have not released it.

I have not seen a single negative comment about the cop or cops from the conservatives in this thread. If you would like to point it out then go ahead.

Mister D
02-03-2021, 10:04 AM
The left is still anti-cop.

The right is just disgusted in the left using a dead cop as a prop for their political gain.

Nothing has changed. We just do not know what happened yet and there is certainly a political reason that they have not released it.

I have not seen a single negative comment about the cop or cops from the conservatives in this thread. If you would like to point it out then go ahead.
I was talking about progressives and their phony, hypocritical outrage. Thousands (yes, thousands) of police officers were injured in the riots last year. Back then it was "well, cops just gotta stop killin' innocent black folks..."

Chris
02-03-2021, 10:13 AM

That's what the media claimed initially. Then his family said that was false. Then Capitol Police said they were investigating. I've seen nothing since.

MMC
02-03-2021, 10:13 AM

Yet, now the FBI has validated all that were involved in the Capitol Overblown riot were not all Trump supporters.

Chris
02-03-2021, 10:15 AM

Doesn't matter.

MMC
02-03-2021, 10:16 AM

Why would that make any Trump supporter feel better? Especially knowing the Democrats are playing on his death politically.

Chris
02-03-2021, 10:16 AM

As of lately no one has suggested anything. We don't know.

Chris
02-03-2021, 10:19 AM
I was talking about progressives and their phony, hypocritical outrage. Thousands (yes, thousands) of police officers were injured in the riots last year. Back then it was "well, cops just gotta stop killin' innocent black folks..."

The conservative twins comedians discussed that yesterday. They addressed the claim that BLM was 93% peaceful over the last year. If we applied that standard, the twins argued, to the police, there'd be outrage because there'd be 100s of 1000s dead. Hypocrisy seems to be the order of the day.

hanger4
02-03-2021, 10:19 AM

*Any way you cut this, his death was related to his violent interaction with protesters in defense of the Capitol building and the people within it.*

That's utter BS Dr. Who. Publicly nobody knows the officer's cause of death. You don't know, nor can you know at this time if his death is in any way related to the events of the day.

Mister D
02-03-2021, 10:26 AM
The conservative twins comedians discussed that yesterday. They addressed the claim that BLM was 93% peaceful over the last year. If we applied that standard, the twins argued, to the police, there'd be outrage because there'd be 100s of 1000s dead. Hypocrisy seems to be the order of the day.
It really is and I will not have any discussion about D.C. with these people until they admit the roles played by Democratic mayors/governors, themselves and especially the media in normalizing this behavior over the course of 2020. Of course that's not going to happen because it will require them to drop their smug, self-righteous front for good.

Chris
02-03-2021, 10:39 AM
It really is and I will not have any discussion about D.C. with these people until they admit the roles played by Democratic mayors/governors, themselves and especially the media in normalizing this behavior over the course of 2020. Of course that's not going to happen because it will require them to drop their smug, self-righteous front for good.

It's not going to happen because their leaders in the media and DC won't do it.

Cletus
02-03-2021, 11:50 AM
Because of Covid-19, there will not be a funeral that anyone other than the immediate family can attend, so this is the only way that House members can pay their respects to Officer Sicknick and honor his sacrifice.

Bullshit.

Cletus
02-03-2021, 11:53 AM

I am sure that some of the Leftists on the forum just got all "tingly" at that news.

Abby08
02-03-2021, 11:56 AM

Why would that make anyone feel better?

Chris
02-03-2021, 12:50 PM
But No charges recommended for officer who shot Ashli Babbitt during Capitol riot, source says (https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/no-charges-recommended-officer-who-shot-ashli-babbitt-during-capitol-n1256522).

Cletus
02-03-2021, 01:01 PM
But No charges recommended for officer who shot Ashli Babbitt during Capitol riot, source says (https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/no-charges-recommended-officer-who-shot-ashli-babbitt-during-capitol-n1256522).

There is no way that should be considered a righteous shooting.

Ethereal
02-03-2021, 01:54 PM
But she was an insurrectionist terrorist Nazi trying to invade and despoil the inner-sanctum of our pristine democracy...

FindersKeepers
02-04-2021, 05:32 AM

Ridiculous.

The entire dog-and-pony show has been orchestrated solely to reinforce the narrative that there was a mighty attack on the Capital, hence, Sicknick is a war hero and worthy of an honor reserved for presidents, military commanders, and esteemed members of Congress.

Try as they might -- Americans are not fooled.

FindersKeepers
02-04-2021, 05:40 AM

It doesn't even seem to matter at this point--the Left's desire to run a strong slanted narrative is overwhelming, and those who do not toe the line will be punished.

Their obsessive focus on making it seem as though the Capital event was an attack upon the nation is so strong, it sends up red flags. They don't want a congressional investigation into the election. Never mind that a majority of conservatives think fraud occurred, the Left wants to shame all those Americans into silence. They cannot abide an in-depth investigation.

Just a guess on my part, but I think I know why.

MMC
02-04-2021, 12:41 PM
It doesn't even seem to matter at this point--the Left's desire to run a strong slanted narrative is overwhelming, and those who do not toe the line will be punished.

Their obsessive focus on making it seem as though the Capital event was an attack upon the nation is so strong, it sends up red flags. They don't want a congressional investigation into the election. Never mind that a majority of conservatives think fraud occurred, the Left wants to shame all those Americans into silence. They cannot abide an in-depth investigation.

Just a guess on my part, but I think I know why.

Thats because they are scared. They have to run a narrative to cover over their cowardice.

Captdon
02-04-2021, 04:42 PM
(CNN)Investigators are struggling to build a federal murder case regarding fallen US Capitol Police officer Brian Sicknick, vexed by a lack of evidence that could prove someone caused his death as he defended the Capitol during last month's insurrection.
Authorities have reviewed video and photographs that show Sicknick engaging with rioters amid the siege but have yet to identify a moment in which he suffered his fatal injuries, law enforcement officials familiar with the matter said.

Retirednsmilin308
02-04-2021, 04:59 PM

...and how about those that were murdered by BLM and others.

What honors do they get ?

The Chinese bought and paid for politicians are really playing this " January 6th " thing up as far as they can get it, aren't they.

News flash. This is nothing.

Retirednsmilin308
02-04-2021, 05:02 PM
But she was an insurrectionist terrorist Nazi trying to invade and despoil the inner-sanctum of our pristine democracy...
(thumbs up) I get it...

Hoosier8
02-04-2021, 05:58 PM
Guess what? That never happened. Another fake media narrative.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2021/02/04/nolte-investigators-say-blunt-force-trauma-did-not-kill-officer-sicknick-capitol-riot/

ripmeister
02-04-2021, 06:46 PM
...and how about those that were murdered by BLM and others.

What honors do they get ?

The Chinese bought and paid for politicians are really playing this " January 6th " thing up as far as they can get it, aren't they.

News flash. This is nothing.

I made a simple statement, that’s all

ripmeister
02-04-2021, 06:47 PM
Guess what? That never happened. Another fake media narrative.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2021/02/04/nolte-investigators-say-blunt-force-trauma-did-not-kill-officer-sicknick-capitol-riot/

Yes I do stand corrected on the extinguisher thing. I didn’t do my due dillegence

Mister D
02-04-2021, 07:39 PM
Yes I do stand corrected on the extinguisher thing. I didn’t do my due dillegence
Too bad they didn't correct the misperception about cops running amok and murdering unarmed black men. That could have saved some lives and spared the US a lot racial hatred and division.

Hoosier8
02-04-2021, 09:27 PM
Lots of media before actual evidence. It is wise to wait for the truth.

Mister D
02-04-2021, 09:34 PM
Lots of media before actual evidence. It is wise to wait for the truth.

That all depends on what you're trying to do. In the case of some media outlets, that's not wise. The truth is counterproductive.

Retirednsmilin308
02-05-2021, 08:15 PM
I made a simple statement, that’s all

...and I apologize. It was an overreaction to your simple statement.

I am sorry.

Captdon
02-06-2021, 11:49 AM

Why?

ripmeister
02-06-2021, 01:50 PM
...and I apologize. It was an overreaction to your simple statement.

I am sorry.
No worries

Calypso Jones
02-06-2021, 02:49 PM
liars.

CNN Repeatedly Claimed Capitol Officer Sicknick Died Due to a Fire Extinguisher Hit... Now They've Quietly Admitted That May Not be True. - The National Pulse (https://thenationalpulse.com/breaking/cnn-admits-sicknick-story-not-true/)

and soon it will be admitted that they executed Babbit.

Calypso Jones
02-06-2021, 03:55 PM
How can some people just automatically believe anything the lying media says after they've been shown to be liars time and time again.

Tahuyaman
02-06-2021, 09:11 PM

There was a time when you were mostly rational. Will you ever get back to that condition?

Tahuyaman
02-06-2021, 09:14 PM
How can some people just automatically believe anything the lying media says after they've been shown to be liars time and time again.

If one isn't skeptical of everything the media reports, they are stupid.

ripmeister
02-07-2021, 04:29 PM
If one isn't skeptical of everything the media reports, they are stupid.

Then again video generally doesn’t lie and when it’s altered it’s petty apparent.

Tahuyaman
02-07-2021, 05:55 PM
Then again video generally doesn’t lie and when it’s altered it’s petty apparent.
Various news agencies have been caught editing or otherwise manipulating videos. It’s not always obvious. That’s why they do it.

ripmeister
02-07-2021, 05:57 PM
Various news agencies have been caught editing or otherwise manipulating videos. It’s not always obvious. That’s why they do it.
Well I guess you choose not to believe your own eyes. Not much I can say about that.

Chris
02-09-2021, 02:27 PM
What Happened to Officer Brian Sicknick? (https://amgreatness.com/2021/02/08/what-happened-to-officer-brian-sicknick/)

...Before details about his death could be confirmed, the media quickly insisted Sicknick died after he was attacked at the Capitol.

“A United States Capitol Police officer died Thursday night from injuries sustained when he engaged with a pro-Trump mob that descended on the U.S. Capitol the day before,” the New York Times reported January 8. The officer, according to the Times, had been “struck . . . in the head with a fire extinguisher, according to two law enforcement officials. With a bloody gash in his head, Mr. Sicknick was rushed to the hospital and placed on life support.”

Sicknick died on January 7. A statement released by the police department later that night vaguely supported the media’s emerging narrative.

...Democrats wasted no time exploiting Sicknick’s untimely death....

...National Review claimed, without evidence, that Sicknick was “murdered.” ...

...The widely-accepted circumstances surrounding Sicknick’s death are part of the Democrats’ impeachment crusade against Donald Trump. “The insurrectionists killed a Capitol Police officer by striking him in the head with a fire extinguisher,” House impeachment managers allege in a memorandum detailing their evidence.

...But that inflammatory accusation isn’t backed by an autopsy report or any hard evidence such as a video clip. It isn’t backed by charging documents filed against anyone suspected of killing Sicknick; nearly five weeks later, no one has been accused of murdering the officer...

...No, the only proof the House impeachment managers can find is the January 8, New York Times article....

carolina73
02-09-2021, 02:57 PM
The sorry part was that the Capitol police, Pelosi and CNN all knew the truth and purposely did not release it. A cop died and it would have been better if everyone could have paid respects instead of certain people using him as a tool to create division. They knew on day one that their was no trauma.

ripmeister
02-09-2021, 10:15 PM
The sorry part was that the Capitol police, Pelosi and CNN all knew the truth and purposely did not release it. A cop died and it would have been better if everyone could have paid respects instead of certain people using him as a tool to create division. They knew on day one that their was no trauma.
I guess the thin blue line matters now? Apparently it didn’t on the 6th.

Mister D
02-10-2021, 12:14 PM
Right. The safety of law enforcement took a backseat to validating the outrageous demands of progressive rioters last year . Apparently, now liberals love them some police.

Hoosier8
02-10-2021, 02:25 PM
Never mattered to Pelosi and the dem Mayor of DC that turned down help from Trump who offered 10,000 national guard and even when the FBI had credible evidence something might happen before Jan 6th the capitol police were not even informed or given helmets.

So far the only one that died by violence was the young lady shot by the capitol police.

ripmeister
02-10-2021, 09:09 PM
Right. The safety of law enforcement took a backseat to validating the outrageous demands of progressive rioters last year . Apparently, now liberals love them some police.
I have cops in y family so that dog don’t bark with me. Your diversion doesn’t change what happened on the 6th.

ripmeister
02-10-2021, 09:10 PM
Never mattered to Pelosi and the dem Mayor of DC that turned down help from Trump who offered 10,000 national guard and even when the FBI had credible evidence something might happen before Jan 6th the capitol police were not even informed or given helmets.

So far the only one that died by violence was the young lady shot by the capitol police.

Let me know when you get back from LaLa land and we can talk.

Mister D
02-10-2021, 09:15 PM
I have cops in y family so that dog don’t bark with me. Your diversion doesn’t change what happened on the 6th.

A lax and, in many cases, a sympathetic attitude toward rioters had a lot to do with what happened on the 6th. Hypocritical outrage is just a little hard to take seriously. None of you will acknowledge this and yet you expect a discussion about DC. Puhleese

Captdon
02-10-2021, 09:18 PM

Why not? Some of the entry points were illegal. It matters every day.

Cletus
02-10-2021, 10:03 PM
What did he say that was false?

Hoosier8
02-11-2021, 08:25 AM

All fact. Something the left avoids.

Calypso Jones
02-15-2021, 06:05 PM

You fell flat on your face because of a false story from a source known for lying to the public.

ripmeister
02-15-2021, 07:23 PM
You fell flat on your face because of a false story from a source known for lying to the public.

Flat on y face is a bit of an exaggeration however I’m not afraid to admit when I’m wrong. You should try it some time

carolina73
02-15-2021, 07:34 PM
Where did that happen? All I saw was I was going to wait to see what happened.
Someone else claimed they had a video of him being beaten which was counter to the fire extinguisher story. Turns out it was all wrong, just a MSM story release that they would silently pull back after the damage was done.

Now we find out that many of those arrested did not even vote in 2020. That means they were not there for Trump.

Your entire narrative is shot. The MSM narrative is lies. It was created propaganda for the impeachment.

Tahuyaman
02-16-2021, 12:57 PM

In law enforcement we didn't use that term, but I absolutely agree with your sentimate.

BTW, we didn't use the word "perp" either. Those are TV / movie things.

Mister D
02-16-2021, 01:07 PM
Where did that happen? All I saw was I was going to wait to see what happened.
Someone else claimed they had a video of him being beaten which was counter to the fire extinguisher story. Turns out it was all wrong, just a MSM story release that they would silently pull back after the damage was done.

Now we find out that many of those arrested did not even vote in 2020. That means they were not there for Trump.

Your entire narrative is shot. The MSM narrative is lies. It was created propaganda for the impeachment.
It didn't. Rip's response to his own apparent hypocrisy is to accuse others. Kind of lame.

Cletus
02-16-2021, 01:10 PM
In law enforcement we didn't use that term, but I absolutely agree with your sentimate.

It may be a regional thing... more an "Old South" phrase. I first picked it up at the North Carolina Justice Academy back in the 80s and it just kind of stuck with me and I have been using it to describe a legal, justified shooting ever since.

Tahuyaman
02-16-2021, 01:15 PM
It may be a regional thing... more an "Old South" phrase. I first picked it up at the North Carolina Justice Academy back in the 80s and it just kind of stuck with me and I have been using it to describe a legal, justified shooting ever since.
If you used that term in my department, you would be ridiculed mercilessly. It would have earned you a lasting and embarrassing nickname.

donttread
02-17-2021, 07:10 AM

It all depends on who kills them . If BLM riots kill them it's all good they were evil racist anyway. If trump supporters were involved then the DNC "cares". Either way all of these events are tragedies to me.