PDA

View Full Version : Paul McCartney concert at Barclay's Center in Brooklyn

oceanloverOH
06-09-2013, 04:07 PM
Last night, for a huge crowd of adoring fans, Sir Paul McCartney (my first love and forever idol) performed a 2.5 hour concert in New York. Paul did an exhaustive set list of 38 songs (including 26 Beatles standards) and indulged himself in a lot of bantering with the audience......the man obviously loves his job. Paul, who will celebrate his 72nd birthday on June 18th, was in fine form and rocked the show. As the author of this piece said, his voice is but a shadow of what it was 50 years ago, but musically he was right on top of every note.

Here are several videos from the concert:
8 Days a Week
And I Love Her (one of my personal favorites)
Being For the Benefit of Mr. Kite
Lovely Rita
Live and Let Die (which included a nice fireworks show)

Enjoy!
http://gothamist.com/2013/06/09/videos_paul_mccartney.php

roadmaster
06-09-2013, 11:01 PM
Sir Paul McCartney Never liked the Beatles but my husband would have loved to be there. I was a Stones fan.

jillian
06-09-2013, 11:03 PM
Last night, for a huge crowd of adoring fans, Sir Paul McCartney (my first love and forever idol) performed a 2.5 hour concert in New York. Paul did an exhaustive set list of 38 songs (including 26 Beatles standards) and indulged himself in a lot of bantering with the audience......the man obviously loves his job. Paul, who will celebrate his 72nd birthday on June 18th, was in fine form and rocked the show. As the author of this piece said, his voice is but a shadow of what it was 50 years ago, but musically he was right on top of every note.

Here are several videos from the concert:
8 Days a Week
And I Love Her (one of my personal favorites)
Being For the Benefit of Mr. Kite
Lovely Rita
Live and Let Die (which included a nice fireworks show)

Enjoy!
http://gothamist.com/2013/06/09/videos_paul_mccartney.php

Thanks. a friend of mine was there tonight. He says I should try to go tomorrow. I've never seen McCartney live.

Common
06-09-2013, 11:50 PM
Ocean, I hate the beatles a friend of mine just bought a new Gold 63 chevy impala convertible he picked me up and a station in the city with Don Imus dj said theres a new group called the beetles from england and he started laughing and he said well here it is and he blew them off and the song was of course, I want to hold your hand, it was AWFUL it sucked it was not alcapella or doowop we all hated it and the girls went NUTS for it and you know the rest. :)

oceanloverOH
06-10-2013, 08:39 AM
Ocean, I hate the beatles a friend of mine just bought a new Gold 63 chevy impala convertible he picked me up and a station in the city with Don Imus dj said theres a new group called the beetles from england and he started laughing and he said well here it is and he blew them off and the song was of course, I want to hold your hand, it was AWFUL it sucked it was not alcapella or doowop we all hated it and the girls went NUTS for it and you know the rest. :)

I adored the Beatles. Their music was so different, their long hair was sexy, their suits cutting edge. I fell in love with Paul at age 10 and that one-sided love affair has gone on now for nearly 50 years. I've never been to a Beatles or Paul McCartney concert, though.....a live performance by Sir Paul is on my bucket list. During this 2013 concert tour, the closest he'll get to me is July 14 in Indianapolis. Maybe if I start begging and wheedling Mr. Ocean now.............