PDA

View Full Version : N. Korea Warns Against Christmas Lights Near Border.....

MMC
12-11-2011, 07:25 AM
http://news.yahoo.com/n-korea-warns-against-christmas-lights-near-border-060031859.html
AFP – 4 hrs ago.....
North Korea warned South Korea of "unexpected consequences" if Seoul displays Christmas lights near the tense border, and vowed to retaliate for what it called "psychological warfare".

The North's official website, Uriminzokkiri, called the plan "a mean attempt for psychological warfare" against the communist state and threatened to retaliate immediately if the lights are switched on.
The 155-metre (511 feet) hill in the South, about three kilometres (two miles) from the border, is within range of North Korean gunfire.

"The enemy warmongers... should be aware that they should be held responsible entirely for any unexpected consequences that may be caused by their scheme," it said.
"This issue... is not something to be ignored quietly," it said.
The two Koreas in 2004 reached a deal to halt official-level cross-border propaganda and the South stopped its annual Christmas illumination ceremony.
But Seoul resumed the ceremony last December amid high military tensions with Pyongyang.

The North has previously accused the South of displaying Christmas lights to spread Christianity among its people and soldiers.....snip~

:undecided:

MMC
12-11-2011, 12:24 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/skorea-allow-2-more-christmas-trees-near-border-085042713.html
SEOUL, South Korea (AP) — South Korea will allow Christians to light two more Christmas tree-shaped towers near the tense border with North Korea despite strong opposition from Pyongyang, an official said Sunday.

That tree will be lit again this month, while South Korea has also decided to allow other Christian groups to light two other front-line Christmas trees, a Defense Ministry official said.

Earlier on Sunday, North Korea's state-run Uriminzokkiri website said that lighting the first tree was a form of psychological warfare and would trigger an "unexpected consequence."
South Korea's military will bolster security near the three trees, located on the western, central and eastern portions of the border, the Defense Ministry official said. The trees will stay lit for 15 days starting Dec. 23.....snip~

S. Korea has responded back and now say we wil not only lit one tree this year but we are going to lit 3 now! WTF lets go to War over a Chrsitamas Tree! Plus Kim jong Il has been down along the Border pumping up the Troops.

Mister D
12-11-2011, 12:39 PM
Christianity has become an explosive force in east Asia. No surprise the Commies are wary of it. The Chicoms certainly are.

MMC
12-11-2011, 12:47 PM
Think the N. Will Fire on them?

Mister D
12-11-2011, 12:48 PM
Nah. More bluster.

MMC
12-11-2011, 12:53 PM
Sure hope not.....we need no shit coming out this region before the end of this year.

Conley
12-11-2011, 12:56 PM
North Korea is always threatening this crap, I'm tired of it. :laugh: They're lil' bitches.

MMC
12-11-2011, 01:10 PM
North Korea is always threatening this crap, I'm tired of it. :laugh: They're lil' bitches.

http://ts1.mm.bing.net/images/thumbnail.aspx?q=1435346804748&id=3d2f8a0fa9cb1bf38408fe5e7265a05b&url=http%3a%2f%2fwww.wininganddining.co.za%2fgalle ry%2f1311-4207-image.jpg

Told ya Membership has it's priviledges......Uhm What does lighting a Christmas Tree have to do with Christiananity?

Christmas.....Bah Humbug.....just a way to get people to spend money they do not have. Told ya thats not Santa.....thats Satan! :wink:

Mister D
12-11-2011, 01:11 PM
They wouldn't be lighting Christmas trees if they weren't celebrating Christmas (i.e. the birth of Christ). It may have it's roots in paganism but it's been absorbed by Christianity.

Mister D
12-11-2011, 01:13 PM
I'm pretty sure that's garland around my parents' tree and not entrails but maybe I should ask if they've gone pagan! :shocked: :grin:

Conley
12-11-2011, 01:19 PM
I'm pretty sure that's garland around my parents' tree and not entrails but maybe I should ask if they've gone pagan! :shocked: :grin:

:roflmao:

MMC
12-11-2011, 01:22 PM
Well they could use popcorn on a string for some Garland.....just sayin. :laugh: