PDA

View Full Version : West Warns Syria Against Storming Rebel City.....

MMC
12-11-2011, 12:39 PM
BEIRUT (Reuters) - France called on world powers to "save the Syrian people" on Saturday as it joined the United States and Britain in raising an alarm that President Bashar al-Assad's forces may be about to storm the rebel stronghold of Homs.
In Damascus, the government denied any crackdown, while accusing its opponents of taking up arms and warning the rebels' supporters in the West that Syria could count on Russia, China and others to oppose any foreign intervention in its affairs.
In Homs, a pro-democracy activist said there was no clear sign of a troop build-up other campaigners had reported around the city on Friday. Opposition groups have called for businesses and labor not to work on Sunday, the first day of the working week in Syria, in what they have called a "Strike for Dignity."

"France is extremely concerned about information of a massive military operation being prepared by Syrian security authorities against the city of Homs," French Foreign Ministry spokesman Bernard Valero said, echoing concerns raised in Washington, London and neighboring Turkey.
"France warns the Syrian government and will hold the Syrian authorities responsible for any action against the population.
"The entire international community must mobilize itself to save the Syrian people," Valero added in a statement.

On Friday, a U.S. State Department spokeswoman said: "It is extremely concerning that in places like Homs we have huge number of reports that they are preparing something large-scale.

Turkey warned Syria on Friday it would act to protect itself if the crushing of protest threatened regional security and unleashed a tide of refugees on its borders.

U.N. rights chief Navi Pillay repeated her call for investigators to be allowed into Syria. She is due to brief the Security Council on Monday at the request of France.

One campaigner in Homs, a city of 1.5 million, saw little sign of an imminent offensive on Saturday: "I have been hearing this since yesterday. I did a tour around the city and I did not see anything unusual.....snip~

http://news.yahoo.com/west-warns-syria-against-storming-rebel-city-160033824.html

Looks Like the French just want to make shit up.....they are so concerned. Well here is one for them, how about concerneing themselves with their own pathetic asses. As they are about to go under economically.

Hows that feel France.....to know there is no escape for you. Hows it feel to know that bubble is bursting all around you and that the more you come out into the lime light the more you prove to the world that you are Unfit to lead in anything. So do the World a favor and STFU! Bunch of pathetic azz panzies. No offense D.

What does this say our about Western Intel. Time the French start seeing some comments from our pols about them. Cause them to take notice and hesitate. We need a President that will get up and definately point out to the UN and the rest of the World. The Fremch do not speak for us.....nor can they promise anything from us. Especially money!

MMC
12-11-2011, 02:34 PM
The interview with Assad and BABA Walters was a joke. She constantly talked about what we were saying and Human rights groups. But then she looked pretty stupid not to know about the Armed Conflict Admitted to by the main opposition to Assad. So if the MB and others admitted to dissident attacking Assads forces and the police. Why Did BABA avoid the Questions concerning a Civil War?

Moreover don't the French look stupid when all are saying there is no massive build up around Homs? Or are we just suppose to accept whatever the French says it is?

Conley
12-11-2011, 02:36 PM
Barbara Walter is awful. Ugh.

Mister D
12-11-2011, 05:36 PM
France is just trying to get herself and Europe (with France as her spokesman, of course) more involved. Think about it, MCC. I know you are no Francophile but wouldn't you rather have Europe handling some of this shit all by herself?

MMC
12-12-2011, 01:29 AM
Yep D.....you are right I would like to see the French go in and fight a War on their own. Lets see if they can stand up in the real world of men and dogs.

But will this happen.....No! Course if we had a President that would not cater to the French's ass and would stand up for our Country. Then maybe the French would not be out there speaking for us. Or making Promises with us.

Lets see the French speak out and involve themselves without US AID. Why is it that the French always make moves when there is a Demo in Office???

Mister D
12-12-2011, 10:26 AM
It's going to take some time, MMC. Europe's weakness is in part the result of US policy. Europe was an occupied continent for the duration of the Cold War.

MMC
12-12-2011, 11:32 AM
It's going to take some time, MMC. Europe's weakness is in part the result of US policy. Europe was an occupied continent for the duration of the Cold War.

Like I noted they tend to only make any moves when a Democrat is in office. I agree let them handle things. On their Own! No US aid.....No US Dollars!

Mister D
12-12-2011, 11:54 AM
Like I noted they tend to only make any moves when a Democrat is in office. I agree let them handle things. On their Own! No US aid.....No US Dollars!

That's actually what they are aiming to do long term.

MMC
12-27-2011, 07:51 AM
BEIRUT (Reuters) - Arab League peace monitors arrived in the Syrian city of Homs on Tuesday for a first look after tanks were seen leaving the hotbed of anti-government unrest where hundreds have been killed during nine months of military crackdowns on protesters.

The observers began their visit by meeting the governor of Homs, Syria's Dunia television channel said.

The British-based Syrian Observatory for Human Rights cited reports from opposition activists in Homs saying at least 11 tanks had left a district they attacked on Monday, and that other tanks were being hidden.

The Arab mission, led by Sudanese General Mustafa Dabi, is starting with 50 monitors who arrived in Damascus on Monday and will be split into five teams of ten. About 100 more monitors are to follow soon.
The teams will use government transport, according to Dabi. But that arrangement likely to fuel charges by the anti-Assad opposition that the monitoring mission will be impeded and hoodwinked from the outset.
Arab League delegates insist the mission will nevertheless maintain the "element of surprise" and be able to go wherever it chooses with no notice.

An armed insurgency is eclipsing civilian protest in Syria. Many fear a slide to sectarian war between the Sunni Muslim majority, the driving force of the protest movement, and minorities that have mostly stayed loyal to the government, particularly the Alawite sect to which Assad belongs.

"The violence is definitely two-sided," said a Homs resident who gave his name only as Mohammed to protect his safety. "I've been seeing ambulances filled with wounded soldiers passing by my window in the past days. They're getting shot somehow."

Parts of Homs are defended by the Free Syrian Army, made up of defectors from the regular armed forces, who say they have tried to protect civilians.....snip~

http://news.yahoo.com/arab-league-monitors-way-syrias-homs-report-072239125.html <<<<<More Here!

Armed Insurgents.....Rebels already in Syria committing acts of violence as well. The Sunni- the Driving force behind the opposition. A base inside Turkey for Rebels to Meet. The MB involved with the Movement and Opposition. The Arab League Dominated by Sunni Arabs are In-Country and they will make a determination as to what is going on. Yet they have known all about the Armed Sunni running around fighting against Assad's Troops. Western media not allowed into the Country. Yet the Brits have their Syrian Observatory for Human Rights there reporting back on what is being told to them. Not that they can roam around freely to see anything for themselves. But hey they will give you somebodies trajic story.

France is calling for a safety zone to be set up in Syria. The US wants even more Sanctions against Syria. The Brits, Czarkosy, and Obama have called for Assad to step-down. The French have filed complaints with the UN. Both The Brits and us have signed on. In response Russia and China have now stated it is a civil war. Stay out of it. Question is will the West listen and if not can Russia and China do anything about it. A bigger question is should the Sunni be allowed to take over another Country just because they are the majority population?

Mister D
12-27-2011, 09:44 AM
I support a French-Sunni alliance! :shocked:

Conley
12-27-2011, 10:06 AM
France is calling for a safety zone to be set up in Syria. The US wants even more Sanctions against Syria. The Brits, Czarkosy, and Obama have called for Assad to step-down. The French have filed complaints with the UN. Both The Brits and us have signed on. In response Russia and China have now stated it is a civil war. Stay out of it. Question is will the West listen and if not can Russia and China do anything about it. A bigger question is should the Sunni be allowed to take over another Country just because they are the majority population?

The West will probably get involved, that seems to be Obama's MO, but Russia and China can't do much besides providing weapons to Assad and the loyalists.

Having a bigger population doesn't have much to do with it but if NATO steps in then the Sunni will take over again.

MMC
12-27-2011, 04:32 PM
I support a French-Sunni alliance! :shocked:

Why?

Mister D
12-27-2011, 04:37 PM
Why?

Because the French and the Sunni have been taking way too much crap. They need to band to gether.

MMC
12-27-2011, 05:01 PM
Because the French and the Sunni have been taking way too much crap. They need to band to gether.

The Sunni have been taking to much crap? Hmmmm.....like from who? Who bothers the Sunni other than the Shia? Despite such I am quite sure the Sunni have no problem using the French to get what they want. Course once the Shia are out of the way. Then guess who that leaves that they consider a problem in the M.E.

Conley
12-27-2011, 05:12 PM
The Sunni definitely get a bad rap! And don't even get me started on the French Sunni!

MMC
12-27-2011, 05:19 PM
:laugh: Yeah the Sunni get such a bad rap for beating and executing women. Making sure that Gays are put to death. That one gets punished for eating Pork. But hey.....because they wear White. They're the good guys!:wink:

Conley
12-27-2011, 05:20 PM
:wink:

MMC
12-27-2011, 05:25 PM
Why is it that their White Clothes are Whiter than anybody else's White Clothes? They don't use bleach. :laugh: :grin:

Conley
12-27-2011, 05:28 PM
Why is it that their White Clothes are Whiter than anybody else's White Clothes? They don't use bleach. :laugh: :grin:

Really...I want to know more! I can't wear a white t-shirt more than once without it looking faded. :angry:

MMC
12-27-2011, 05:32 PM
Really...I want to know more! I can't wear a white t-shirt more than once without it looking faded. :angry:

I am with you on this my brutha.....they live in a land where sand and dirt are constantly blowing around. Then when it rains its mud. If they can cause all these problems over Oil then they should have to give up all their laundry secrets. :angry:

Conley
12-27-2011, 05:35 PM
I am with you on this my brutha.....they live in a land where sand and dirt are constantly blowing around. Then when it rains its mud. If they can cause all these problems over Oil then they should have to give up all their laundry secrets. :angry:

:rofl: I don't know that I ever gave it much thought before...and now I'm obsessed. I must know! Maybe Georgio or someone can do a show on it.

MMC
12-27-2011, 05:47 PM
All I know is I don't want to hear no shit about Tide and Ring Around the Collar! :evil:

Mister D
12-27-2011, 06:13 PM

:laugh: