PDA

View Full Version : Ted Cruz’s Cancun trip violates the first rule of politics

Pages : [1] 2

Leanne778
02-18-2021, 04:51 PM
Talk about selfish jackasses. I mean really?? He really needed to be there for the Texan people. Do something you POS. How nice, going to Cancun. He is, honest to god, the low of the low. He really is scum.

In politics, there are a few unwritten rules that every good politician adheres to. Don’t compare any situation to Nazi Germany. Don’t get out of step with your party base. And perhaps most importantly, when things go sideways for your constituents, don’t go on vacation.
Texas Sen. Ted Cruz broke that rule this week when he and his family were spotted hopping on a plane to the resort town of Cancun, Mexico (http://www.cnn.com/2021/02/18/politics/ted-cruz-cancun-texas-disaster-electricity-power-water/index.html), amid a devastating winter storm and subsequent power grid failure in his home state that has left millions in dire straits.

Cruz sought to frame the trip as a necessary dad moment on Thursday. “Wanting to be a good dad, I flew down with them last night and am flying back this afternoon,” he said in a statement. “My staff and I are in constant communication with state and local leaders to get to the bottom of what happened in Texas.”
No one expects Cruz to fix the problems with Texas power grid. (As I explained on Wednesday (https://www.cnn.com/2021/02/17/politics/texas-power-grid/index.html), the issue with the grid has its roots in Texas’ long-standing belief that it is an independent nation-state, operating entirely apart from the federal government’s reach.)
Cruz isn’t a power grid expert. Nor, as a senator, does he have any ability to effect immediate change in the way the Electric Reliability Council of Texas (ERCOT), which runs the Texas grid, operates. (ERCOT is overseen by the Texas state legislature and the state’s Public Utility Commission.)

But in moments of crisis – and there are millions of Texans in crisis right now – people look to politicians for comfort and reassurance. And they do it even if they know that no one particular politician has the ability to help them out of their current problems. They do it because, in theory, our elected officials are leaders in our community and, therefore, are responsible for bringing the community together in moments of tragedy or catastrophe.
Ted Cruz's Cancun trip violates the first rule of politics - CNN Politics (https://www.cnn.com/2021/02/18/politics/cruz-cancun-texas/index.html)

hanger4
02-18-2021, 04:58 PM
Out of curiosity Leanne778 what was Cruz supposed to do ??

Leanne778
02-18-2021, 05:01 PM
Out of curiosity @Leanne778 (https://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=3475) what was Cruz supposed to do ??

People look for comfort and reassurance from their politicians. He could help out at warming centers or handing out food or water to people in crisis.

Calypso Jones
02-18-2021, 05:02 PM
and if he'd showed up in town the left would have criticized him for THAT.

Abby08
02-18-2021, 05:04 PM
Has Biden said/done anything?

Abby08
02-18-2021, 05:07 PM
People look for comfort and reassurance from their politicians. He could help out at warming centers or handing out food or water to people in crisis.

Do you need that? Comfort and reassurance? Is that the reason you're always bashing only Republican politicians? That don't do that for you?

Abby08
02-18-2021, 05:08 PM

Exactly, it would have been, "look at him, pretending to care".

Calypso Jones
02-18-2021, 05:25 PM
Ted cruz went to cancun. Governor Cuomo killed 15,000 elderly and lied about it.

Want to compare?

Abby08
02-18-2021, 05:27 PM
Ted cruz went to cancun. Governor Cuomo killed 15,000 elderly and lied about it.

Want to compare?

It's only Republican politicians, that give Leanne fits.

Calypso Jones
02-18-2021, 05:27 PM
CHinese have death camps. Biden says, 'it's a different culture'.

Calypso Jones
02-18-2021, 05:28 PM
Bette Midler says Texans are dying in the cold because God hates Cruz.

Abby08
02-18-2021, 05:30 PM
Bette Midler says Texans are dying in the cold because God hates Cruz.

Then, wouldn't God have just killed, Cruz?

Better Miller is a brainless idiot.

Calypso Jones
02-18-2021, 05:32 PM
Perhaps Leanne would be happier if Mr. Cruz and his wife had done this to his daughter rather than take her to Cancun.

Actress Jameela Jamil: Killing My Baby in an Abortion Made My Life “a Million Times Better” | LifeNews.com (https://www.lifenews.com/2021/02/17/actress-jameela-jamil-killing-my-baby-in-an-abortion-made-my-life-a-million-times-better/)

Leftist Actress says killing her unborn 'clump of cells' made her life so much better. lovely :sign_amen:

Abby08
02-18-2021, 05:34 PM
Perhaps Leanne would be happier if Mr. Cruz and his wife had done this to his daughter rather than take her to Cancun.

Actress Jameela Jamil: Killing My Baby in an Abortion Made My Life “a Million Times Better” | LifeNews.com (https://www.lifenews.com/2021/02/17/actress-jameela-jamil-killing-my-baby-in-an-abortion-made-my-life-a-million-times-better/)

Leftist Actress says killing her unborn 'clump of cells' made her life so much better. lovely :sign_amen:

Alyssa Milano said pretty much the same thing, after aborting 2 babies.

hanger4
02-18-2021, 05:36 PM

And if he had done so you'd be accusing him of photo ops.

And no Leanne778, most people don't look to politicians for anything, other than the interests of their constituents.

The Xl
02-18-2021, 05:37 PM
Let's be honest, all of these politicians on both sides are scum.

Abby08
02-18-2021, 05:42 PM
And if he had done so you'd be accusing him of photo ops.

And no Leanne778, most people don't look to politicians for anything, other than the interests of their constituents.

I personally, have never looked to politicians for comfort, or anything else.

Abby08
02-18-2021, 05:43 PM

Not all.

Private Pickle
02-18-2021, 05:44 PM
Talk about selfish jackasses. I mean really?? He really needed to be there for the Texan people. Do something you POS. How nice, going to Cancun. He is, honest to god, the low of the low. He really is scum.

In politics, there are a few unwritten rules that every good politician adheres to. Don’t compare any situation to Nazi Germany. Don’t get out of step with your party base. And perhaps most importantly, when things go sideways for your constituents, don’t go on vacation.
Texas Sen. Ted Cruz broke that rule this week when he and his family were spotted hopping on a plane to the resort town of Cancun, Mexico (http://www.cnn.com/2021/02/18/politics/ted-cruz-cancun-texas-disaster-electricity-power-water/index.html), amid a devastating winter storm and subsequent power grid failure in his home state that has left millions in dire straits.

Cruz sought to frame the trip as a necessary dad moment on Thursday. “Wanting to be a good dad, I flew down with them last night and am flying back this afternoon,” he said in a statement. “My staff and I are in constant communication with state and local leaders to get to the bottom of what happened in Texas.”
No one expects Cruz to fix the problems with Texas power grid. (As I explained on Wednesday (https://www.cnn.com/2021/02/17/politics/texas-power-grid/index.html), the issue with the grid has its roots in Texas’ long-standing belief that it is an independent nation-state, operating entirely apart from the federal government’s reach.)
Cruz isn’t a power grid expert. Nor, as a senator, does he have any ability to effect immediate change in the way the Electric Reliability Council of Texas (ERCOT), which runs the Texas grid, operates. (ERCOT is overseen by the Texas state legislature and the state’s Public Utility Commission.)

But in moments of crisis – and there are millions of Texans in crisis right now – people look to politicians for comfort and reassurance. And they do it even if they know that no one particular politician has the ability to help them out of their current problems. They do it because, in theory, our elected officials are leaders in our community and, therefore, are responsible for bringing the community together in moments of tragedy or catastrophe.
Ted Cruz's Cancun trip violates the first rule of politics - CNN Politics (https://www.cnn.com/2021/02/18/politics/cruz-cancun-texas/index.html)
Oh please....he flew his girls down at night and then flew back the next day... Something tells me the world will continue to revolve...

Just because a politician has kids and even puts them first doesn't make him a "selfish jackass". It makes him a good dad...

Peter1469
02-18-2021, 05:48 PM
Form over substance all the time.

Act concerned. That is all the Left requires.

Abby08
02-18-2021, 05:55 PM
Flying your kids to Cancun makes you scum, in Leanne's book but, killing thousands of people in nursing homes, doesn't.

Leanne778
02-18-2021, 05:56 PM

You talk about me having problems??? You are in a world of shit...holy crap!

The Xl
02-18-2021, 05:58 PM
Not all.

95%. The left is way worse at this point, but don't kid yourself, most of the right doesn't care either. There are a few good ones here and there, but we're swimming upstream here. The country is compromised. What Ted Cruz did here ranks low compared to a guy like Cuomo dictatorially shutting his state down, murdering thousands of old people, etc, but you're kidding yourself if you think a Ted Cruz gives a shit about the average American family.

carolina73
02-18-2021, 05:59 PM

Houston was lit up like a Christmas tree while others in Texas had no power. I guess the Democrats that run Houston, Sheila Jackson Lee and gang didn't care one bit.

Leanne778
02-18-2021, 06:01 PM
Flying your kids to Cancun makes you scum, in Leanne's book but, killing thousands of people in nursing homes, doesn't.
Stay on topic.

Leanne778
02-18-2021, 06:02 PM
Houston was lit up like a Christmas tree while others in Texas had no power. I guess the Democrats that run Houston, Sheila Jackson Lee and gang didn't care one bit.
Any politician or community leader should be there to help. Do something for god sakes.

Trish
02-18-2021, 06:20 PM
Everyone calm down. It's not Ted's fault. His young daughters forced him to go.

countryboy
02-18-2021, 06:22 PM

In politics, there are a few unwritten rules that every good politician adheres to. Don’t compare any situation to Nazi Germany.

Full fucking stop. You and your ilk have spent 4 years calling Trump and his supporters NAZIS. Shut the fuck up.

HawkTheSlayer
02-18-2021, 06:25 PM
Any politician or community leader should be there to help. Do something for god sakes.
God helps those who help themselves.

carolina73
02-18-2021, 06:27 PM

Cruz does not run the state. There is nothing he can do. He lives in Houston and Houston has plenty of power. The mayor of Houston however did nothing to stop the waste of lighting up the Houston sky line while others in the state were freezing.

hanger4
02-18-2021, 06:28 PM

Hey, there is no fault.

HawkTheSlayer
02-18-2021, 06:29 PM
When you make posts like this, I picture a chicken running around the yard panicking and squawking. :cool20:

Abby08
02-18-2021, 06:32 PM
Stay on topic.

You brought up being scum......I expounded on it.

Abby08
02-18-2021, 06:36 PM
Holy crap.....Holy crap.....Holy crap!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Something is wrong with you......you have problems....Holy crap, Holy crap!!!!!!!!!!!!

Did I do that right?

Abby08
02-18-2021, 06:37 PM
The first rule of politics is......never fly your kids to Cancun?

Leanne778
02-18-2021, 06:40 PM
Well this will be the first time I disagree with you. No daughter can force a parent to go anywhere. Cruz made a bad decision when thousands of people are in dire straits.

Leanne778
02-18-2021, 06:41 PM
You brought up being scum......I expounded on it.

You know what? The ignore button is looking mighty fine right about now.

Red Lily
02-18-2021, 06:41 PM

Something is wrong with you......you have problems....Holy crap, Holy crap!!!!!!!!!!!!

Did I do that right?

Almost. You forgot POS ..... POS ..... POS!!!!!

HawkTheSlayer
02-18-2021, 06:43 PM

Did I do that right?

Lately, I have this marvelous economy of words. :smiley_ROFLMAO:

Abby08
02-18-2021, 06:43 PM
Well this will be the first time I disagree with you. No daughter can force a parent to go anywhere. Cruz made a bad decision when thousands of people are in dire straits.

Yeah, because Cruz would have been able to DO something about it!

Abby08
02-18-2021, 06:44 PM
You know what? The ignore button is looking mighty fine right about now.

Go for it.

Red Lily
02-18-2021, 06:47 PM

Calm down it was ONE night and he flew straight back. Who have you given comfort and reassurance to lately? You are in a constant apoplectic state.

Abby08
02-18-2021, 06:47 PM

He flew his daughters there and, came back the next day

What's he supposed to do for 1,000's of people in "dire straits"? (Money for nothing, chicks for free)?

Sorry.......she probably doesn't get it, anyway.

Trish
02-18-2021, 06:48 PM

I was being facetious. Your comment is exactly the point I was trying to convey. TBH - I have no idea what area Ted Cruise represents so maybe his constituents aren't affected but for those who claim there is nothing he can do I would push back and remind people that a primary issue is the grid which does impact ALL of Texas. Ted, along with all Texas representatives and leaders, should be in Texas actively investigating what needs to be done short term and long term. Hoping on a plane to a warm weathered location is wrong on so many levels.

The Booman
02-18-2021, 06:49 PM
Well we can all agree that the optics are pretty bad. He should have cancelled it and stayed in Texas. That said there is little he can do to actually help. Aside from that it's a bit nauseating seeing Leanne pretend she cares about the people of Texas.

Abby08
02-18-2021, 06:49 PM
I was being facetious. Your comment is exactly the point I was trying to convey. TBH - I have no idea what area Ted Cruise represents so maybe his constituents aren't affected but for those who claim there is nothing he can do I would push back and remind people that a primary issue is the grid which does impact ALL of Texas. Ted, along with all Texas representatives and leaders, should be in Texas actively investigating what needs to be done short term and long term. Hoping on a plane to a warm weathered location is wrong on so many levels.

She doesn't know what being facetious means.

Leanne778
02-18-2021, 06:50 PM
LOL...omg Trish I'm sorry I wasn't thinking! Totally - I agree with you. It takes all kinds but this has to be one of the lowest. :hello:

Abby08
02-18-2021, 06:51 PM
Well we can all agree that the optics are pretty bad. He should have cancelled it and stayed in Texas. That said there is little he can do to actually help. Aside from that it's a bit nauseating seeing Leanne pretend she cares about the people of Texas.

She only "cares " about them, because they have a Republican senator whom she can bash.......and get all....OMG, OMG, OMG!!!!!!! over.

Abby08
02-18-2021, 06:52 PM
LOL...omg Trish I'm sorry I wasn't thinking! Totally - I agree with you. It takes all kinds but this has to be one of the lowest. :hello:

Lower than killing thousands of elderly people in nursing homes?

Tahuyaman
02-18-2021, 06:57 PM

Yep, the optics are bad, but how would things have been better for the average Texan had Cruz not gone to Mexico?

Tahuyaman
02-18-2021, 06:58 PM
Then you would have condemned him for posing for a photo op.

Personally, I'm more reassured and comfortable when politicians don't get involved in things beyond their control.

Tahuyaman
02-18-2021, 07:00 PM
Has Biden said/done anything?
He might pull a Bill Clinton and say "I feel your pain."

jgarden477
02-18-2021, 07:02 PM
Whataboutism - Wikipedia
en.wikipedia.org › wiki › Whataboutism
(https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Whataboutism)Whataboutism, also known as whataboutery, is a variant of the tu quoque logical fallacy that attempts to discredit an opponent's position by charging them with hypocrisy without directly refuting or disproving their argument. Whataboutism is particularly associated with Soviet and Russian propaganda.

What is 'whataboutism'? | Merriam-Webster
(https://www.merriam-webster.com/words-at-play/whataboutism-origin-meaning)www.merriam-webster.com (http://www.merriam-webster.com) › words-at-play › whatabo...
Whataboutism' is a rhetorical device that involves accusing others of offenses as a way of deflecting attention from one's own deeds. The tactic was developed

.What's The Problem With Whataboutism? - Dictionary.com
(https://www.dictionary.com/e/whataboutisms/)www.dictionary.com (http://www.dictionary.com) › whataboutisms
Whataboutism is considered a form of the logical fallacy clled tu quoque, Latin for “you also”—more like “And so are you!” in contemporary speech. The idea .

Whataboutism | Definition of Whataboutism at Dictionary.com
(https://www.dictionary.com/browse/whataboutism)www.dictionary.com (http://www.dictionary.com) › browse › whataboutism
Whataboutism definition, a conversational tactic in which a person responds to an argument or attack by changing the subject to focus on someone else's ...

Whataboutism: Avoiding Topics by Raising Irrelevant Ones ...
(https://www.lexology.com/library/detail.aspx?g=88b95c63-6f35-412a-9786-d99c13c9e359)www.lexology.com (http://www.lexology.com) › library › detail
Feb. 12, 2019 — “Whataboutism” is a rhetorical manouvre often used by those seeking to avoid the topic at hand, and can frequently be seen in the comments ...

Whataboutism - RationalWiki
rationalwiki.org › wiki › Whataboutism (https://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Whataboutism)
Jan. 21, 2021 — Whataboutism (also known as Whataboutery) is a red herring version of the classic tu quoque logical fallacy — sometimes implementing the ...

whataboutism - Urban Dictionary
(https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=whataboutism)www.urbandictionary.c om (http://www.urbandictionary.com) › define › term=whataboutism
Back. Loading... Top definition. whataboutism. When you deflect criticism by pointing out flaws in your opponent, specifically using the phrase "what about x?" This ...

Skoog: What about whataboutism's advantages? – The ...
mndaily.com › opinion › opedswhatabout
(https://mndaily.com/188160/opinion/opedswhatabout/)Whataboutism tends to be criticized as a method of removing the nuances of a situation, deflecting attention from the issue at hand and dismissing any possibility ...

What Is 'Whataboutism,' And Why Is It Suddenly Everywhere ...
(https://www.huffpost.com/entry/what-is-whataboutism_n_59932909e4b00914164043a4)www.huffpo st.com (http://www.huffpost.com) › entry › what-is-whataboutism_n_...
Aug. 15, 2017 — What Is 'Whataboutism,' And Why Is It Suddenly Everywhere? “What about the alt-left?” Trump asked, providing a textbook example of .

The return of 'whataboutism' – POLITICO
(https://www.politico.eu/article/the-return-of-whataboutism/)www.politico.eu (http://www.politico.eu) › article › the-return-of-whataboutism
the return of 'whataboutism' russian criticism of t united states's human-rights record reveals a great deal about flaws in both countries.

Whataboutism - Wikipedia
(https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Whataboutism)Whataboutism, also known as whataboutery, is a variant of the tu quoque logical fallacy that attempts to discredit an opponent's position by charging them with hypocrisy without directly refuting or disproving their argument. Whataboutism is particularly associated with Soviet and Russian propaganda.‎And you are lynching Negroes (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/And_you_are_lynching_Negroes) · ‎Tu quoque (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tu_quoque) · ‎The Mote and the Beam (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Mote_and_the_Beam) · ‎Clean hands (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clean_hands)
(https://www.merriam-webster.com/words-at-play/whataboutism-origin-meaning)www.merriam-webster.com (http://www.merriam-webster.com) › words-at-play › whatabo..'Whataboutism' is a rhetorical device that involves accusing others of offenses as a way of deflecting attention from one's own deeds. The tactic was developed ...

What's The Problem With Whataboutism? - Dictionary.com
(https://www.dictionary.com/e/whataboutisms/)www.dictionary.com (http://www.dictionary.com) › whataboutisms
Whataboutism is considered a form of the logical fallacy called tu quoque, Latin for “you also”—more like “And so are you!” in contemporary speech. The idea ...

(https://www.dictionary.com/browse/whataboutism)www.dictionary.com (http://www.dictionary.com) › browse › whataboutism
Whataboutism definition, a conversational tactic in which a person responds to an argument or attack by changing the subject to focus on someone else's ...

(https://www.lexology.com/library/detail.aspx?g=88b95c63-6f35-412a-9786-d99c13c9e359)www.lexology.com (http://www.lexology.com) › library › detail
Feb. 12, 2019 — “Whataboutism” is a rhetorical manouvre often used by those seeking to avoid the topic at hand, and can frequently be seen in the comments ...

rationalwiki.org › wiki › Whataboutism (https://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Whataboutism)
Jan. 21, 2021 — Whataboutism (also known as Whataboutery) is a red herring version of the classic tu quoque logical fallacy — sometimes implementing the ...You visited this page on 11/02/21.

(https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=whataboutism)www.urbandictionary.c om (http://www.urbandictionary.com) › define › term=whataboutism
Back. Loading... Top definition. whataboutism. When you deflect criticism by pointing out flaws in your opponent, specifically using the phrase "what about x?" This ..

(https://mndaily.com/188160/opinion/opedswhatabout/)Whataboutism tends to be criticized as a method of removing the nuances of a situation, deflecting attention from the issue at hand and dismissing any possibility ...

(https://www.huffpost.com/entry/what-is-whataboutism_n_59932909e4b00914164043a4)www.huffpo st.com (http://www.huffpost.com) › entry › what-is-whataboutism_n_...
Aug. 15, 2017 — What Is 'Whataboutism,' And Why Is It Suddenly Everywhere? “What about the alt-left?” Trump asked, providing a textbook example of ..

(https://www.politico.eu/article/the-return-of-whataboutism/)www.politico.eu (http://www.politico.eu) › article › the-return-of-whataboutism
the return of 'whataboutism' russian criticism of the united states's human-rights record reveals a great deal about flaws in both countries.

Peter1469
02-18-2021, 07:03 PM
He might pull a Bill Clinton and say "I feel your pain."
That is all the Left needs. Act like you care. Nothing else is required.

Tahuyaman
02-18-2021, 07:04 PM
How does this make Cruz "scum?"

Tahuyaman
02-18-2021, 07:06 PM
Whataboutism - Wikipedia

(https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Whataboutism)

Whataboutism, also known as whataboutery, is a variant of the tu quoque logical fallacy that attempts to discredit an opponent's position by charging them with hypocrisy without directly refuting or disproving their argument. Whataboutism is particularly associated with Soviet and Russian propaganda.

www.merriam-webster.com (https://www.merriam-webster.com/words-at-play/whataboutism-origin-meaning) › words-at-play › whatabo...

'Whataboutism' is a rhetorical device that involves accusing others of offenses as a way of deflecting attention from one's own deeds. The tactic was developed

www.dictionary.com (https://www.dictionary.com/e/whataboutisms/) › whataboutisms

Whataboutism is considered a form of the logical fallacy called tu quoque, Latin for “you also”—more like “And so are you!” in contemporary speech. The idea .

www.dictionary.com (https://www.dictionary.com/browse/whataboutism) › browse › whataboutism

www.lexology.com (https://www.lexology.com/library/detail.aspx?g=88b95c63-6f35-412a-9786-d99c13c9e359) › library › detail

rationalwiki.org › wiki › Whataboutism
(https://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Whataboutism)

Jan. 21, 2021 — Whataboutism (also known as Whataboutery) is a red herring version of the classic tu quoque logical fallacy — sometimes implementing the ...

www.urbandictionary.com (https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=whataboutism) › define › term=whataboutism

Back. Loading... Top definition. whataboutism. When you deflect criticism by pointing out flaws in your opponent, specifically using the phrase "what about x?" This ...

(https://mndaily.com/188160/opinion/opedswhatabout/)

Whataboutism tends to be criticized as a method of removing the nuances of a situation, deflecting attention from the issue at hand and dismissing any possibility ...

www.huffpost.com (https://www.huffpost.com/entry/what-is-whataboutism_n_59932909e4b00914164043a4) › entry › what-is-whataboutism_n_...

Aug. 15, 2017 — What Is 'Whataboutism,' And Why Is It Suddenly Everywhere? “What about the alt-left?” Trump asked, providing a textbook example of ...

www.politico.eu (https://www.politico.eu/article/the-return-of-whataboutism/) › article › the-return-of-whataboutism

the return of 'whataboutism' russian criticism of the united states's human-rights record reveals a great deal about flaws in both countries.

Whataboutism - Wikipedia

(https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Whataboutism)

Whataboutism, also known as whataboutery, is a variant of the tu quoque logical fallacy that attempts to discredit an opponent's position by charging them with hypocrisy without directly refuting or disproving their argument. Whataboutism is particularly associated with Soviet and Russian propaganda.‎And you are lynching Negroes (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/And_you_are_lynching_Negroes) · ‎Tu quoque (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tu_quoque) · ‎The Mote and the Beam (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Mote_and_the_Beam) · ‎Clean hands (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clean_hands)

www.merriam-webster.com (https://www.merriam-webster.com/words-at-play/whataboutism-origin-meaning) › words-at-play › whatabo...

'Whataboutism' is a rhetorical device that involves accusing others of offenses as a way of deflecting attention from one's own deeds. The tactic was developed ...

www.dictionary.com (https://www.dictionary.com/e/whataboutisms/) › whataboutisms

Whataboutism is considered a form of the logical fallacy called tu quoque, Latin for “you also”—more like “And so are you!” in contemporary speech. The idea ...

www.dictionary.com (https://www.dictionary.com/browse/whataboutism) › browse › whataboutism

www.lexology.com (https://www.lexology.com/library/detail.aspx?g=88b95c63-6f35-412a-9786-d99c13c9e359) › library › detail

rationalwiki.org › wiki › Whataboutism
(https://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Whataboutism)

Jan. 21, 2021 — Whataboutism (also known as Whataboutery) is a red herring version of the classic tu quoque logical fallacy — sometimes implementing the ...You visited this page on 11/02/21.

www.urbandictionary.com (https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=whataboutism) › define › term=whataboutism

Back. Loading... Top definition. whataboutism. When you deflect criticism by pointing out flaws in your opponent, specifically using the phrase "what about x?" This ..

(https://mndaily.com/188160/opinion/opedswhatabout/)

Whataboutism tends to be criticized as a method of removing the nuances of a situation, deflecting attention from the issue at hand and dismissing any possibility ...

www.huffpost.com (https://www.huffpost.com/entry/what-is-whataboutism_n_59932909e4b00914164043a4) › entry › what-is-whataboutism_n_...

Aug. 15, 2017 — What Is 'Whataboutism,' And Why Is It Suddenly Everywhere? “What about the alt-left?” Trump asked, providing a textbook example of ...

www.politico.eu (https://www.politico.eu/article/the-return-of-whataboutism/) › article › the-return-of-whataboutism

That was epically idiotic.

hanger4
02-18-2021, 07:06 PM
Stop trolling jgarden477

Peter1469
02-18-2021, 07:07 PM
That was stupid. And long.

Calypso Jones
02-18-2021, 07:11 PM
I personally, have never looked to politicians for comfort, or anything else.

when i'm in the midst of a GLOBAL WARMING EVENT LOLOLOLOLOL, politicians are the last things on my mind.

Calypso Jones
02-18-2021, 07:12 PM

where was her concern with epstein was inviting politicians and entertainment idiots on his plane to abuse children.

HawkTheSlayer
02-18-2021, 07:12 PM

Bandwidth hog.
Gunna take a whole extra minute to back that up later in the early morning.

Tahuyaman
02-18-2021, 07:14 PM

Do something symbolic and watch you express more outrage.

Tahuyaman
02-18-2021, 07:17 PM
No one is more effective at making a fool of themself as you.

jgarden477
02-18-2021, 07:29 PM
Ted Cruz has repeatedly slammed politicians for vacationing during crisis
February 18, 2021

(CNN)Texas Sen. Ted Cruz (https://www.cnn.com/2021/02/18/politics/ted-cruz-cancun-texas-disaster-electricity-power-water/index.html), who is facing backlash for traveling to Mexico as a winter disaster ravages his home state, has repeatedly criticized politicians who vacationed or took part in leisure activities during times of crisis, a CNN KFile review finds.

This past December, Cruz attacked Austin Mayor Steve Adler for going to Cabo, Mexico, during the coronavirus pandemic.

"Hypocrites. Complete and utter hypocrites. And don't forget @MayorAdler who took a private jet with eight people to Cabo and WHILE IN CABO recorded a video telling Austinites to 'stay home if you can...this is not the time to relax,'" tweeted Cruz in December (https://twitter.com/tedcruz/status/1334261492833771520).

Cruz is now facing criticism of his own for traveling to Cancún, Mexico, from Houston with his family Wednesday night as a winter storm left millions of Texans without power or water and disrupted the state's efforts to distribute the coronavirus vaccine.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/02/18/politics/vacationing-during-crisis-ted-cruz/index.html (https://www.cnn.com/2021/02/18/politics/vacationing-during-crisis-ted-cruz/index.html)

************************************************** ***************************************

Apparently Cancun Cruz feels free to be critical of those politicians who took holidays in December during the COVID-19 crisis

BUT

his trip to Cancun on Wednesday February 17th, just 2 months latter and in the middle of both a COVID-19 crisis and winter storms that has left millions of Texas residents in the dark without power and now water for days, however, deserves a free pass in "Cruzworld!"

Apparently leading by example is a quality in short supply amongst conservatives - but there's never been a shortage of hypocrisy!

jgarden477
02-18-2021, 07:33 PM
https://www.ksat.com/resizer/oCFyIe1HfKSDj4sLnR6h2t7csZw=/1280x720/smart/filters:format(jpeg):strip_exif(true):strip_icc(tr ue):no_upscale(true):quality(65)/cloudfront-us-east-1.images.arcpublishing.com/gmg/MGMBRMMA2ZHFVOI6MQSEBAQU3Q.jpg

"CANCUN CRUZ" only decided to return after he realized he had been photographed multiple tines!

Abby08
02-18-2021, 07:36 PM
He didn't take a "holiday" he was gone overnight.

The storm would have still happened, people would have still been without power, even if he hadn't.

hanger4
02-18-2021, 07:37 PM
February 18, 2021

(CNN)Texas Sen. Ted Cruz (https://www.cnn.com/2021/02/18/politics/ted-cruz-cancun-texas-disaster-electricity-power-water/index.html), who is facing backlash for traveling to Mexico as a winter disaster ravages his home state, has repeatedly criticized politicians who vacationed or took part in leisure activities during times of crisis, a CNN KFile review finds.

This past December, Cruz attacked Austin Mayor Steve Adler for going to Cabo, Mexico, during the coronavirus pandemic.

"Hypocrites. Complete and utter hypocrites. And don't forget @MayorAdler who took a private jet with eight people to Cabo and WHILE IN CABO recorded a video telling Austinites to 'stay home if you can...this is not the time to relax,'" tweeted Cruz in December (https://twitter.com/tedcruz/status/1334261492833771520).

Cruz is now facing criticism of his own for traveling to Cancún, Mexico, from Houston with his family Wednesday night as a winter storm left millions of Texans without power or water and disrupted the state's efforts to distribute the coronavirus vaccine.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/02/18/politics/vacationing-during-crisis-ted-cruz/index.html (https://www.cnn.com/2021/02/18/politics/vacationing-during-crisis-ted-cruz/index.html)

************************************************** ***************************************

Apparently Cancun Cruz feels free to be critical of those politicians who took holidays in December during the COVID-19 crisis

BUT

his trip to Cancun on Wednesday February 17th, just 2 months latter and in the middle of both a COVID-19 crisis and winter storms that has left millions of Texas residents in the dark without power and now water for days, however, deserves a free pass in "Cruzworld!"

Apparently leading by example is a quality in short supply amongst conservatives - but there's never been a shortage of hypocrisy!

I wasn't aware that Texas was under a stay at home requirement. Do tell jgarden477 ??

Calypso Jones
02-18-2021, 07:39 PM
I think lefties use the term 'whataboutism' cause they too lazy to learn the difference between red herrings and straw men.

Tahuyaman
02-18-2021, 07:39 PM
https://www.ksat.com/resizer/oCFyIe1HfKSDj4sLnR6h2t7csZw=/1280x720/smart/filters:format(jpeg):strip_exif(true):strip_icc(tr ue):no_upscale(true):quality(65)/cloudfront-us-east-1.images.arcpublishing.com/gmg/MGMBRMMA2ZHFVOI6MQSEBAQU3Q.jpg
Wow. He was even wearing a mask.

Calypso Jones
02-18-2021, 07:40 PM
February 18, 2021

BUT

oh who gives a fig. And y'all wouldn't either if some leftist hack hadn't pointed it out FOR YA.

Calypso Jones
02-18-2021, 07:44 PM
Never let a good leftist hit piece go to waste.

Ted Cruz deplanes with police escort after receiving death threats… – CITIZEN FREE PRESS (https://citizenfreepress.com/breaking/ted-cruz-deplanes-with-police-escort-after-receiving-death-threats/)

what is it with you lefties and death threats. LOLOL

Tahuyaman
02-18-2021, 07:46 PM
Leanne's latest emotional eruption got me to thinking about all of the first rules in politics.

https://www.chronicle.com/blogs/linguafranca/2017/04/13/the-many-first-rules-of-politics/

The Many First Rules of Politics

Leanne778
02-18-2021, 08:02 PM

"CANCUN CRUZ" only decided to return after he realized he had been photographed multiple tines!
Exactly!!!

Hoosier8
02-18-2021, 08:21 PM

So what do you think he can’t do in Cancun? You know they have phones there don’t you?

jet57
02-18-2021, 08:25 PM
Out of curiosity @Leanne778 (https://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=3475) what was Cruz supposed to do ??

The idiot was supposed to stay home like a man and stick it out with the rest of The Texans!

What a slob that guy is. Just a fricken disaster.

The Booman
02-18-2021, 08:26 PM
So what do you think he can’t do in Cancun? You know they have phones there don’t you?

Phones represent white privilege.

jet57
02-18-2021, 08:28 PM

Ted Cruz deplanes with police escort after receiving death threats… – CITIZEN FREE PRESS (https://citizenfreepress.com/breaking/ted-cruz-deplanes-with-police-escort-after-receiving-death-threats/)

A far right rag.

He - got - caught and chickened out and went home.

Abby08
02-18-2021, 08:31 PM
Exactly!!!

Or, maybe, it had been PLANNED to take the girls and come back.

Abby08
02-18-2021, 08:32 PM
A far right rag.

Prove it.

Abby08
02-18-2021, 08:34 PM
The idiot was supposed to stay home like a man and stick it out with the rest of The Texans!

What if, where he lived still had power, was he supposed to have gone to where there was none , in a show of support?

The Booman
02-18-2021, 08:35 PM

They're peaceful death threats.

Calypso Jones
A far right rag.

well..only you and the left cares so don't vote for him okay. :smiley_ROFLMAO:

and thanks for ridin' herd on Cruz for us. LOLOLOLOL

Abby08

Right. He didn't have to actually do anything in person.

It doesn't take much for leftists to lose their minds.

Abby08
02-18-2021, 08:37 PM
A far right rag.

Right, he planned the trip, got caught not being comforting and, flew back home the next day.....leaving his 2 daughters.

jet57
02-18-2021, 08:38 PM
well..only you and the left cares so don't vote for him okay. :smiley_ROFLMAO:

and thanks for ridin' herd on Cruz for us. LOLOLOLOL

Yeah, we like seein him act like a selfish idiot, so stop lyin about him.

jgarden477
02-18-2021, 08:41 PM
He didn't take a "holiday" he was gone overnight.

The storm would have still happened, people would have still been without power, even if he hadn't.
After You Travel

You may have been exposed to COVID-19 on your travels. You may feel well and not have any symptoms, but you can still spread the virus to others. You and your travel companions (including children (https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/daily-life-coping/children/protect-children.html)) may pose a risk to your family, friends, and community after your travel.
Get Tested and Stay Home After Travel

Get tested (https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/travelers/testing-air-travel.html) with a viral test (https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/testing/diagnostic-testing.html) 3-5 days after travel AND stay home and self-quarantine for a full 7 days after travel.

Even if you test negative, stay home and self-quarantine for the full 7 days.
If your test is positive, isolate (https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/if-you-are-sick/isolation.html) yourself to protect others from getting infected.

If you don’t get tested, stay home and self-quarantine for 10 days after travel.
Avoid being around people who are at increased risk for severe illness (https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/need-extra-precautions/index.html) for 14 days, whether you get tested or not.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/travelers/travel-during-covid19.html (https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/travelers/travel-during-covid19.html)
1. Cruz has now admitted that he intended to stay in Cancun - emails from his Cruz's wife tell a different story that she and the family wanted to escape the cold and lack of power!

2. Cruz had already criticized a Texas mayor who went to Mexico in December and called him a "hypocrite," BUT apparently "Lyin Ted," Donald Trump's nickname not mine, is now unwilling to apply the same standard when it comes to himself!

3. Cruz's return was delayed because he needed a COVID-19 test to get on a return flight followed by a 7 to 10 day quarantine period after having come back from outside the country - given that his wife could have taken the family, the plausibility of Cruz's story is unraveling by the minute!

4. The CDC guidelines strongly discourage Americans to avoid all nonessential travel but once again we have another example set by a conservative politician that attempts to protect the public from COVID-19 brought in on international flights don't apply to them!

CDC GUIDELINES FOR INTERNATIONAL TRAVELERS
COVID-19 Alert: Cases are Extremely High. Avoid Travel
Travel increases your chance of getting and spreading COVID-19. CDC recommends that you do not travel at this time. Delay travel and stay home to protect yourself and others from COVID-19

Chris
02-18-2021, 08:41 PM

Is that what politics has become? I want none of it.

hanger4
02-18-2021, 08:48 PM

You're as ridiculously emotional as Leanne778

The Booman
02-18-2021, 08:49 PM

Just out of curiosity why is it Andrew Cuomo hiding the true number of Covid deaths to avoid a federal investigation because his actions are the direct cause of thousands of deaths does not bother you in the least and yet you lose your mind when Ted Cruz goes on Holiday when a storm hits Texas. What exactly is wrong with you?

Abby08
02-18-2021, 08:49 PM
1. Cruz has now admitted that he intended to stay in Cancun - emails from his Cruz's wife tell a different story that she and the family wanted to escape the cold and lack of power!

2. Cruz criticized a Texas mayor who went to Mexico id December and called him a "hypocrite" BUT apparently he's unwilling to apply the same standard to himself!

3. Cruz's return was delayed because he needed a COVID-19 test to get on a return flight followed by a quarantine period after having come back from outside the country - given that his wife could have taken the family, the plausibility of Cruz's story is unraveling by the minute!

Yeah? Hes back and, nothing would have changed had he stayed.....or gone.......what's he supposed to do? He can't change anything.

Are all senators supposed to fly to where a disaster occurs in their state, so they can show their support?

What does that solve?

How do you know he hasn't done anything? Should he keep you in the loop?

Chris
02-18-2021, 08:52 PM

The left is stuck on the personal and emotional. After 4 years of TDS, they don't know how else to react to the political world around them.

The Booman
02-18-2021, 08:53 PM
Things must not be going so good in Biden's America if Cruz's travel itinerary is the most important thing on their radar. "Biden's Townhall was a disaster! Quick! Someone start a thread about Ted Cruz or something."

hanger4
02-18-2021, 08:54 PM

2. Cruz had already criticized a Texas mayor who went to Mexico in December and called him a "hypocrite," BUT apparently "Lyin Ted," Donald Trump's nickname not mine, is now unwilling to apply the same standard when it comes to himself!

3. Cruz's return was delayed because he needed a COVID-19 test to get on a return flight followed by a quarantine period after having come back from outside the country - given that his wife could have taken the family, the plausibility of Cruz's story is unraveling by the minute!

* Cruz had already criticized a Texas mayor who went to Mexico in December and called him a "hypocrite," BUT apparently "Lyin Ted," Donald Trump's nickname not mine, is now unwilling to apply the same standard when it comes to himself!*

That Texas mayor was defying his own stay at home orders. :facepalm:

Abby08
02-18-2021, 09:00 PM
* Cruz had already criticized a Texas mayor who went to Mexico in December and called him a "hypocrite," BUT apparently "Lyin Ted," Donald Trump's nickname not mine, is now unwilling to apply the same standard when it comes to himself!*

That Texas mayor was defying his own stay at home orders. :facepalm:

Thanks, I had forgotten about that.

Tahuyaman
02-18-2021, 09:04 PM
Exactly!!!

OMG!!!!!!!! He wasn't wearing multiple masks either!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tahuyaman
02-18-2021, 09:08 PM
And possibly just as simple minded.

Hoosier8
02-18-2021, 09:09 PM
Then you lefties would be whining that he just did it for the photo op.

The Booman
02-18-2021, 09:09 PM
So a person who lives in a state that is a bout to get hit with a massive storm has the chance to go away and avoid the storm is a horrible human being for taking advantage of that opportunity.

Let's see, go to sunny and warm Cancun or stay in Texas with no power, no water and no heat, Yeah, I'm going to Cancun.

Hoosier8
02-18-2021, 09:14 PM
So where is Biden? He called a lid at 8 AM TODAY but let’s all talk about Ted Cruz.

Abby08
02-18-2021, 09:15 PM
So where is Biden? He called a lid at 8 AM TODAY but let’s all talk about Ted Cruz.

That's exactly why we're all talking about Ted Cruz.

Take the focus off of illegitimate joe.

Calypso Jones
02-18-2021, 09:17 PM
or something they've done that would enrage americans even more.

The Booman
02-18-2021, 09:17 PM
He was off to Denny's. he likes the senior discount.

Cotton1
02-18-2021, 09:33 PM

That's silly. Why do that when he can vacation in Cancun ?

Red Lily
02-18-2021, 09:38 PM
Old Joe sticking his nose in little kids' hair doesn't give them too much comfort and reassurance. Why isn't he out there ladling soup?

ripmeister
02-18-2021, 09:39 PM
He was off to Denny's. he likes the senior discount.
Denny’s? Now I do question his judgement.

jgarden477
02-18-2021, 09:48 PM
Ted Cruz releases first TV ads of 2018, including 3 attacking ...
(https://www.texastribune.org/2018/08/03/cruz-orourke-attack-ad-reelection-texas/)www.texastribune.org (http://www.texastribune.org) › 2018/08/03 › cruz-orourke-att
Aug. 3, 2018 — Another highlights Cruz's work on the state's recovery from Hurricane Harvey. ... with information about a third attack ad from the Ted Cruz campaign. ... a bill from Cruz that President Donald Trump signed into law last year that ...

Ted Cruz formally launches re-election bid with new "Tough ...
(https://www.texastribune.org/2018/04/02/ted-cruz-formally-launches-re-election-bid-new-tough-texas-slogan-tied/)www.texastribune.org (http://www.texastribune.org) › 2018/04/02 › ted-cruz-formall
Apr. 2, 2018 — With new "Tough as Texas" slogan, Ted Cruz launches re-election bid ... Ted Cruz speaks at the kickoff of his 2018 re-election campaign in Stafford on Monday, April 2, 2018. ...
State exceptionalism — especially in the wake of Hurricane Harvey. ... "When's the last time he listened to Texans in Beaumont?"

So a person who lives in a state that is a bout to get hit with a massive storm has the chance to go away and avoid the storm is a horrible human being for taking advantage of that opportunity.
Let's see, go to sunny and warm Cancun or stay in Texas with no power, no water and no heat, Yeah, I'm going to Cancun.

WHAT A DIFFERENCE 2 YEARS MAKES - When Hurricane Harvey struck Texas in 2018, Senator Cruz made his "tireless" response on behalf of the people impacted as the centerpiece of his "Tough as Texas" Campaign!

Fast-forward 2 1/2 years, apparently the Senator expects his constituents to remain "Tough as Texas" once again when faced with adversity - meanwhile he's providing leadership by "roughing it" on the beaches of Cancun!

RMNIXON
02-18-2021, 09:55 PM
Oh please....he flew his girls down at night and then flew back the next day... Something tells me the world will continue to revolve...

Just because a politician has kids and even puts them first doesn't make him a "selfish jackass". It makes him a good dad...

Leanne can't help herself.

Some people are simply consumed by hate to absurd proportions beyond any ideological differences. I have seen it in every forum I have been in.

Private Pickle
02-18-2021, 09:59 PM

So while I've been erroneously called a leftist...socialist....communist... You don't have to take a political position to recognize that this was just a dad flying his daughters down to meet friends while the Red State of Texas struggles with shit they were told 15 years ago would be a problem.

Sure Cruz needs to address the issues in his State. I mean they elected him and will do so the next go around. But to use this example as some kind of "aha"/"gotcha moment is incredibly ridiculous and disingenuous because regardless of our political affiliation each father here would have done the same...

jgarden477
02-18-2021, 10:02 PM
https://youtu.be/V-MdlR9R4Zs

Senator Cruz's "Tough as Texas" Campaign Highlighting His Response to Hurricane Harvey!

The other TV ad Cruz began running Friday is more positive. It touts Cruz's involvement in passing Harvey aid in Congress and shows media coverage of him visiting affected communities after the storm devastated the Gulf Coast last year.

It also features a clip of Cruz at a news conference standing next to Galveston County Judge Mark Henry, who says, "No official, state or federal, has been more involved in the recovery of Galveston County than Sen. Ted Cruz."

"When the hurricane hit, you stood up for Texas," a narrator concludes, "and Ted Cruz stood up for you."

https://www.texastribune.org/20108/03/cruz-orourke-attack-ad-reelection-texas/ (https://www.texastribune.org/2018/08/03/cruz-orourke-attack-ad-reelection-texas/)

Cletus
02-18-2021, 10:02 PM
Ted Cruz releases first TV ads of 2018, including 3 attacking ...
(https://www.texastribune.org/2018/08/03/cruz-orourke-attack-ad-reelection-texas/)www.texastribune.org (http://www.texastribune.org) › 2018/08/03 › cruz-orourke-att
Aug. 3, 2018 — Another highlights Cruz's work on the state's recovery from Hurricane Harvey. ... with information about a third attack ad from the Ted Cruz campaign. ... a bill from Cruz that President Donald Trump signed into law last year that ...

[FONT=arial]Ted Cruz formally launches re-election bid with new "Tough ...
(https://www.texastribune.org/2018/04/02/ted-cruz-formally-launches-re-election-bid-new-tough-texas-slogan-tied/)www.texastribune.org (http://www.texastribune.org)[COLOR=#5F6368] › 2018/04/02 › ted-cruz-formall
[COLOR=#70757A]Apr. 2, 2018 — With new "Tough as Texas" slogan, Ted Cruz launches re-election bid ... Ted Cruz speaks at the kickoff of his 2018 re-election campaign in Stafford on Monday, April 2, 2018. ...
State exceptionalism — especially in the wake of Hurricane Harvey. ... "When's the last time he listened to Texans in Beaumont?"
[COLOR=#222222][FONT=Verdana]

WHAT A DIFFERENCE 2 YEARS MAKES - When Hurricane Harvey struck Texas in 2018, Senator Cruz made his "tireless" response on behalf of the people impacted as the centerpiece of his "Tough as Texas" Campaign!

Fast-forward 2 1/2 years, apparently the Senator expects his constituents to remain "Tough as Texas" once again when faced with adversity - meanwhile he's providing leadership by "roughing it" on the beaches of Cancun!

What was he doing in Cancun and how long was he there?

Call it an integrity check. See if you can bring yourself to answer it honestly.

Private Pickle
02-18-2021, 10:03 PM
Leanne can't help herself.

Some people are simply consumed by hate to absurd proportions beyond any ideological differences. I have seen it in every forum I have been in.

So let's focus on the topic and not the poster. It would be very easy for you to combat Leanne's position without pointing the finger at her as an individual. We are not here to shit on each other. We are here to discuss the topics that arise in the political environment within the U.S.

None of us are perfect...especially me... But we can try. And if we try we discuss. And if we discuss we negotiate. Our founders wanted it this way and never expected us to be so wrapped up in our own egos that negotiation between parties becomes an impossibility.

At least here we can try to honor their intent regardless of the fact that our politicians have absolutely no desire to do so....

By the way... I'm expecting...predictably so... That many posters here will take exception with me and my statement while completely missing the point. Why? Because they think I'm a liberal. Forgetting the fact that my voting decisions aren't based on political rhetoric but how my vote will effect me.

Private Pickle
02-18-2021, 10:07 PM
What was he doing in Cancun and how long was he there?

Call it an integrity check. See if you can bring yourself to answer it honestly.
Flying his daughters down to see friends and flying back the next afternoon. Not much else to it. I'd do the same thing as a father.

Red Lily
02-18-2021, 10:12 PM
So let's focus on the topic and not the poster. It would be very easy for you to combat Leanne's position without pointing the finger at her as an individual. We are not here to shit on each other. We are here to discuss the topics that arise in the political environment within the U.S.

None of us are perfect...especially me... But we can try. And if we try we discuss. And if we discuss we negotiate. Our founders wanted it this way and never expected us to be so wrapped up in our own egos that negotiation between parties becomes an impossibility.

At least here we can try to honor their intent regardless of the fact that our politicians have absolutely no desire to do so....

By the way... I'm expecting...predictably so... That many posters here will take exception with me and my statement while completely missing the point.

Leanne calls everyone who disagrees with her a POS which makes civility a hard line to maintain don't you agree?

How can parties negotiate and discuss a topic when they are constantly called a POS? I don't think that was what the Founding Fathers quite had in mind as it immediately shuts down balanced discussion.

Red Lily
02-18-2021, 10:13 PM
Flying his daughters down to see friends and flying back the next afternoon. Not much else to it. I'd do the same thing as a father.

Most fathers would.

Abby08
02-18-2021, 10:16 PM
Leanne calls everyone who disagrees with her a POS which makes civility a hard line to maintain don't you agree?

How can parties negotiate and discuss a topic when they are constantly called a POS? I don't think that was what the Founding Fathers quite had in mind as it immediately shuts down balanced discussion.

Yes. Its POS, scum, not human, lower than low, etc, every time she disagrees with someone.

Private Pickle
02-18-2021, 10:19 PM

I haven't seen Leanne call everyone she disagrees with a POS. If you have you absolutely need to report that and the moderation team will certainly take action.

I think there is a whole lot of name calling on both sides. Conservatives calling Liberals communists or socialists. Liberals calling Conservatives Nazis and Fascists.

My suggestion (and by the way I'm just as susceptible to baiting as the next guy or gal) is to ignore the name calling and address the topic. Unless something changes moderation will be specific to direct name-calling, insults, advocation of violence, attacking family, trolling and baiting. I've personally been moderated...as a mod...for some of these offenses. I've recognized my failings as a MEMBER and while I'm not perfect continually try to better the issue. All I can do is advise my fellow members to do the same.

We have a relatively relaxed moderation approach to this Forum allowing for as much Free Speech as possible while not allowing things to cross the line. All we as MEMBERS can do is ask each other to do the same while focusing on the topic.

Private Pickle
02-18-2021, 10:21 PM
Most fathers would.
I disagree. Most fathers don't have the means to do so nor would they even if they did. I don't look at this incident as a failure on Cruz's part. I've actually gained quite a bit of respect for him as a result of this.

Private Pickle
02-18-2021, 10:22 PM
Yes. Its POS, scum, not human, lower than low, etc, every time she disagrees with someone.

Report such posts as they are in violation of the rules. Like advocating violence.

jgarden477
02-18-2021, 10:23 PM
https://i.insider.com/602f2254d3570b001809278d?width=700&format=jpeg&auto=webp

https://www.businessinsider.com/heidi-cruz-text-messages-planning-mexico-trip-ted-cruz-2021-2 (https://www.businessinsider.com/heidi-cruz-text-messages-planning-mexico-trip-ted-cruz-2021-2)

Apparently there is a disconnect between "Lyin Ted" Cruz's cover story and that of his wife Heidi - her emails make no mention of the supposed preplanned trip for his daughters!

The CDC advises Americans not to take unnecessary international fights and specifically mentions the risks associated with trips to Mexico - sounds like a nice, safe place for US Senator to take his family vacation!

jet57
02-18-2021, 10:24 PM
Prove it.

It's all over the news and he admits "he made a mistake".

go look it up

jet57
02-18-2021, 10:25 PM
Is that what politics has become? I want none of it.

That's because you're selfish like Cruz.

nathanbforrest45
02-18-2021, 10:25 PM
So let's focus on the topic and not the poster. It would be very easy for you to combat Leanne's position without pointing the finger at her as an individual. We are not here to $#@! on each other. We are here to discuss the topics that arise in the political environment within the U.S.

By the way... I'm expecting...predictably so... That many posters here will take exception with me and my statement while completely missing the point. Why? Because they think I'm a liberal. Forgetting the fact that my voting decisions aren't based on political rhetoric but how my vote will effect me.

Oh please. Leanne is the first to focus on personality of other posters. She's nuts, there is no easy way to say it.

Chris
02-18-2021, 10:26 PM

Is that based on critical theory?

Abby08
02-18-2021, 10:32 PM

Do you know Cruz personally?

jet57
02-18-2021, 10:34 PM
It's based on how you treat people around here.

Chris
02-18-2021, 10:37 PM

Go troll someone else, troll.

jgarden477
It's all over the news and he admits "he made a mistake".

go look it up

Which of "Lyin Ted's" stories are we supposed to believe - they keep changing by the minute?

Then there are Heidi Cruz's emails that make no mention of this supposed pre-planned trip to Cancun expressly for their children!

Why would a "good father," as Cruz has tried to portray himself, run the risk of deliberately exposing his wife and children to COVID-19 by subjecting them to the dangers of an international flight on a nonessential trip to Mexico - a country which should be avoided according to the current CDC advisories?

https://i.insider.com/602f21f7d3570b001809278c?width=700&format=jpeg&auto=webp

Chris
Oops, Cruz involved early on before storms hit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7kSy5qg2ghc

Abby08
02-18-2021, 10:38 PM

He treats people, selfishly? On the internet?

Abby08
02-18-2021, 10:41 PM
Which of these stories are we supposed to believe - they keep changing by the minute?

https://i.insider.com/602f21f7d3570b001809278c?width=700&format=jpeg&auto=webp

You're going to believe the one that makes Ted look the worst......of course......even if it isn't true.

Private Pickle
02-18-2021, 10:49 PM
Oh please. Leanne is the first to focus on personality of other posters. She's nuts, there is no easy way to say it.
So ignore her and move on to posters you will have a more "pleasant" conversation with... But is that why you are here? To have "pleasant" conversation? The only ask of the Forum rules is that you don't break them. Saying "she's nuts" is indeed a violation of the Forum rules. Why? Cause we aren't here to discuss each other. We are here to discuss the topics we bring about.

And by the way I'm no innocent in this and have been moderated against often both as a member first and a moderator. My moderator status doesn't somehow protect me... Just the opposite...

Leanne778
02-18-2021, 10:52 PM

I can only imagine what you conservatives would think had it been a democrat that did that. GASP! Such bull shit. :rollseyes:

Abby08
02-18-2021, 10:54 PM
Really, saying, "she's nuts " is in violation of forum rules?

Well, every time Leanne says ANYTHING to me along those lines.....and, she does, a lot......I'll be sure to remember that!

Private Pickle
02-18-2021, 10:56 PM
I can only imagine what you conservatives would think had it been a democrat that did that. GASP! Such bull shit. :rollseyes:
Personally I would have applauded anyone who flew their kids somewhere to visit friends...especially in these conditions... I can only imagine how you would defend a Liberal who did the same thing...

This was nothing more than a dad taking 12 hours out of his time as a politician to do something no one can argue was the wrong thing to do for his kids.

Abby08
02-18-2021, 10:56 PM
I can only imagine what you conservatives would think had it been a democrat that did that. GASP! Such bull $#@!. :rollseyes:

Oh, the horror! GASP!!!!!

Leanne778
02-18-2021, 10:57 PM
I haven't seen Leanne call everyone she disagrees with a POS. If you have you absolutely need to report that and the moderation team will certainly take action.

I think there is a whole lot of name calling on both sides. Conservatives calling Liberals communists or socialists. Liberals calling Conservatives Nazis and Fascists.

My suggestion (and by the way I'm just as susceptible to baiting as the next guy or gal) is to ignore the name calling and address the topic. Unless something changes moderation will be specific to direct name-calling, insults, advocation of violence, attacking family, trolling and baiting. I've personally been moderated...as a mod...for some of these offenses. I've recognized my failings as a MEMBER and while I'm not perfect continually try to better the issue. All I can do is advise my fellow members to do the same.

We have a relatively relaxed moderation approach to this Forum allowing for as much Free Speech as possible while not allowing things to cross the line. All we as MEMBERS can do is ask each other to do the same while focusing on the topic.
While I admit at times I have done that, I hope you have seen the crap I have put up with with a select few. I can easily point out what posts I have been called emotional, crazy, insane, nuts, how I need help, (much worse), etc., I'm not gonna sit here while she spews her bs and I'm not going to defend myself. I know you have seen the crap that's been said about me. Take a look at any what's happening thread, specifically ones I have created. One will start, then another and another, and another...they gang up and it's not right but I'm not going to sit there and take it.

Red Lily
02-18-2021, 10:58 PM

I tend not to take the report route.

Both of which tend to be a progression and to be expected. That's completely different to the direct and personal insults favored by some in their OP and when that happens, which is often, there is nowhere to go but down and the original culprit is often overlooked in favor of those who respond. It's hard to rationally debate a topic when it's full of venom from the get go.

Just my opinion.

Red Lily
02-18-2021, 11:00 PM
Having more than one person with the same opinion is not 'ganging up' btw.

Private Pickle
02-18-2021, 11:01 PM
While I admit at times I have done that, I hope you have seen the crap I have put up with with a select few. I can easily point out what posts I have been called emotional, crazy, insane, nuts, how I need help, (much worse), etc., I'm not gonna sit here while she spews her bs and I'm not going to defend myself. I know you have seen the crap that's been said about me. Take a look at any what's happening thread, specifically ones I have created. One will start, then another and another, and another...they gang up and it's not right but I'm not going to sit there and take it.

Every single one of us...especially me...knows the crap we deal with as personal attacks come our way. I often react to them as any normal American would... With a giant FUCK YOU. But that isn't the right way to go about it. Time to take the high road regardless of the fact that the truth is...taking the high road doesn't mean personal glory, acceptance or even acknowledgment. It's just the right way to go about it.

If you find yourself on the wrong end of Forum rule violation then report it. If you were a part of that rule violation...there was back and forth...there was baiting or reaction to said baiting don't expect the moderators to step in. If anything we will either warn or drop the thread in the hole where it belongs....so you individuals can insult each other at your leisure...

Abby08
02-18-2021, 11:07 PM

You cause it.

Every single thread of yours is full of insults and name calling.

Just last night, it didn't matter what was said, your reply had to include an insult......after a while, it's hard not to just, make fun of you.

Your over the top rants, your drama, everything is such a big deal....even when it isn't.

People mostly just respond to you, according to how you treat THEM.

Don't go playing your victim card, you're no innocent victim, you start most of what goes on here, troll threads? Yes, they are, you get people going then complain when they say things you don't like.

So, you'll defend yourself, well good, that's what people do, but, just so you know, we will too, we won't take any of your crap, either.

Leanne778
02-18-2021, 11:10 PM
You cause it.

Every single thread of yours is full of insults and name calling.

Just last night, it didn't matter what was said, your reply had to include an insult......after a while, it's hard not to just, make fun of you.

Your over the top rants, your drama, everything is such a big deal....even when it isn't.

People mostly just respond to you, according to how you treat THEM.

Don't go playing your victim card, you're no innocent victim, you start most of what goes on here, troll threads? Yes, they are, you get people going then complain when they say things you don't like.

So, you'll defend yourself, well good, that's what people do, but, just so you know, we will too, we won't take any of your crap, either.
If you deserve the insult, that is what you'll get from me. I'm done with you, go insult and defame someone else and take your pack rat with you.

Cotton1
02-18-2021, 11:11 PM
I'm just happy everyone seems to be getting along )

jgarden477
02-18-2021, 11:13 PM
Cruz contacted United Airlines to change his flight from Saturday to Thursday afternoon, according to Skift reporter Edward Russell (https://twitter.com/ByERussell/status/1362447404310609921?s=20). Then speaking to reporters outside his house Thursday evening, he acknowledged (https://twitter.com/saraecook/status/1362549699329335296) that he had originally intended to stay in Mexico through the weekend even as millions of Texans remained without power or heat after a rare winter storm caused mass blackouts across the state.

https://www.businessinsider.com/heidi-cruz-text-messages-planning-mexico-trip-ted-cruz-2021-2 (https://www.businessinsider.com/heidi-cruz-text-messages-planning-mexico-trip-ted-cruz-2021-2)

************************************************** ***********"Lyin Ted's" (Donald trump's nickname, not mine) original story was that, as the good father, he his intentions were to drop off his children in Cancun and then take a flight back the next day!"

With school cancelled for the week, our girls asked to take a trip," Cruz said in a statement. "Wanting to be a good dad, I flew them down last night, and am flying back this afternoon."

His return flight from Cancun, however, had been booked for Saturday which not blows another hole in his narrative but lends credence to the explanation that once Cruz had been photographed at the airport and on the flight multiple times. his return flight on Thursday was his attempt at "damage control!"

He invented the story about serving as he good father by dropping off his children and then returning the next day as his "cover story" that he didn't expect to be challenged!

Abby08
02-18-2021, 11:18 PM
If you deserve the insult, that is what you'll get from me. I'm done with you, go insult and defame someone else and take your pack rat with you.

You see? You can't help yourself.

Well, if you believe I deserve the insult, go for it, I'll be more than happy to report it......every time.....maybe you'll learn not to insult people just because you don't agree with them. ....you have it backwards, YOU are the one throwing out the insults, remember? It's what we've been talking about here.......defame? When did that happen? I don't think you qualify to be, "defamed".

I have no idea who my pack rat is........why would you call someone a pack rat? Strange.

Abby08
02-18-2021, 11:18 PM
Cruz contacted United Airlines to change his flight from Saturday to Thursday afternoon, according to Skift reporter Edward Russell (https://twitter.com/ByERussell/status/1362447404310609921?s=20). Then speaking to reporters outside his house Thursday evening, he acknowledged (https://twitter.com/saraecook/status/1362549699329335296) that he had originally intended to stay in Mexico through the weekend even as millions of Texans remained without power or heat after a rare winter storm caused mass blackouts across the state.

"Lyin Ted's" (Donald trump's nickname, not mine) original story was that, as the good father, he his intentions were to drop off his children in Cancun and then take a flight back the next day!

His return flight from Cancun, however, had been booked for Saturday which not blows another hole in his narrative but lends credence to the explanation that once Cruz had been photographed at the airport and on the flight multiple times, his return flight on Thursday was his attempt at "damage control"- he invented the story about dropping off his children as a "cover story!"

Oh, SO WHAT!

Private Pickle
02-18-2021, 11:19 PM
I tend not to take the report route.

Both of which tend to be a progression and to be expected. That's completely different to the direct and personal insults favored by some in their OP and when that happens, which is often, there is nowhere to go but down and the original culprit is often overlooked in favor of those who respond. It's hard to rationally debate a topic when it's full of venom from the get go.

Just my opinion.

So don’t. Create a thread that talks about the issue in rational terms. It will be appreciated by those of us who are trying to do better and can rationally discuss the topic.

Red Lily
02-18-2021, 11:21 PM
I think I just called a 'pack rat' and ordered out of the thread even though I don't do the name calling thing myself. Lolol :rollseyes:

jgarden477
02-18-2021, 11:56 PM

Cruz's story doesn't stand up to scrutiny!

1. His original return flight from Cancun had been booked for Saturday - he rebooked it for Thursday only after he had been repeatedly photographed enroute!

2. Heidi Cruz's emails state explicitly the family wanted to leave the cold and lack of power behind and was encouraging her friends and neighbors to join them - this was a spur of the moment decision with no mention of any prearranged trip for the children!

3. International fights, especially non-essential trips to Mexico, are explicitly discouraged as "high risk" by the CDC - why would this supposed "good father" be deliberately exposing his wife and children to COVID-19, contradicting the CDC advisory?

4. "Lyin Ted" based his "Tough as Texas" re-election campaign on his supposedly "tireless" efforts on behalf of the citizens during the aftermath of Hurricane Harvey in 2018!

5. In December, Senator Cruz was highly critical of a Texas mayor for taking a holiday in Mexico during the COVID-19 Pandemic, referring to him as a "Hypocrite!Fast forward to 2021 with the Senator from Texas lounging on the beaches of Cancun while citizens are struggling without hydro or drinking water - apparently this is Cruz's new revised version of "Tough as Texas!"

Abby08
02-18-2021, 11:59 PM

1. His return flight from Cancun was booked for Saturday - he rebooked it for Thursday only after he had been repeatedly photographed enroute!

2. Heidi Cruz's email state explicitly the family wanted to leave the cold and lack of power behind - no mention of a prearranged trip for the children!

3. International fights, especially non-essential trips to Mexico are explicitly discouraged as "high risk" by the CDC - why would this supposed "good father" be deliberately exposing his wife and children that contradicted the CDC advisory?

4. "Lyin Ted" based his "Tough as Texas" re-election campaign on his "tireless" efforts on behalf of the citizens during in the aftermath of Hurricane Harvey in 2018! Fast forward to 2021 with the Senator of Texas lounging on the beaches of Cancun while citizens are struggling without hydro or drinking water - apparently this is Cruz's new revised version of "Tough as Texas!"

So what! He came back, didn't he? He was gone overnight.

Get over it, it's no big deal, you're way too obsessed over something that had absolutely nothing to do with you.

You have more pressing issues, you have Biden.

Private Pickle
02-19-2021, 12:36 AM

1. His original return flight from Cancun had been booked for Saturday - he rebooked it for Thursday only after he had been repeatedly photographed enroute!

2. Heidi Cruz's emails state explicitly the family wanted to leave the cold and lack of power behind and was encouraging her friends and neighbors to join them - this was a spur of the moment decision with no mention of any prearranged trip for the children!

3. International fights, especially non-essential trips to Mexico, are explicitly discouraged as "high risk" by the CDC - why would this supposed "good father" be deliberately exposing his wife and children to COVID-19, contradicting the CDC advisory?

4. "Lyin Ted" based his "Tough as Texas" re-election campaign on his supposedly "tireless" efforts on behalf of the citizens during the aftermath of Hurricane Harvey in 2018!

5. In December, Senator Cruz was highly critical of a Texas mayor for taking a holiday in Mexico during the COVID-19 Pandemic, referring to him as a "Hypocrite!Fast forward to 2021 with the Senator from Texas lounging on the beaches of Cancun while citizens are struggling without hydro or drinking water - apparently this is Cruz's new revised version of "Tough as Texas!"

You’re trying too hard.

jgarden477
02-19-2021, 12:48 AM
So what! He came back, didn't he? He was gone overnight.

Get over it, it's no big deal, you're way too obsessed over something that had absolutely nothing to do with you.

You have more pressing issues, you have Biden.
Given that the title of this thread is quite explicit, why is "Abby08" gracing us with his/her presence if he/she has no interest in discussing the subject?

Could it be that having come to the conclusion that defending "Lyin Ted's" words and actions is a lost cause, but not willing to admit defeat, "Abby08's" fall-back position is an attempt to undermine further discussion and redirect the conversation to more "conservative-friendly" topics!

If Ted Cruz had been a Democratic Senator, "Abby08" and his/her conservative associates would be be attacking like a school of sharks attracted by blood in the water!

gamewell45
02-19-2021, 01:01 AM
I guess we'll never know since he went to Cancun. Political leaders should not be leaving the state during a time of crisis. Cruz is a hypocrite since he condemned other politicians for doing the same thing in the past.

Tahuyaman
02-19-2021, 01:09 AM
I guess we'll never know since he went to Cancun. Political leaders should not be leaving the state during a time of crisis. Cruz is a hypocrite since he condemned other politicians for doing the same thing in the past.
Lol.....

jgarden477
02-19-2021, 01:17 AM
Ted Cruz Flew to Cancun During Texas Winter Storm ...
people.com › Politics
(https://people.com/politics/ted-cruz-apparently-flew-to-cancun-amid-texas-snowstorm/)13 hours ago — Ted Cruz Really Did Fly to Cancún amid Deadly Texas Winter Storm ... He urged others "if you can stay home, don't go out on the roads, don't risk the ice. … Don't risk it. Keep your family safe, and just stay home and hug your kids." ... Dwayne Johnson Isn't Ruling Out a Potential Presidential Bid: 'If That's ...

Ted Cruz Slammed After Photos Show Him Flying To Cancun ...
(https://www.huffingtonpost.com.au/entry/airport-photo-of-republican-senator-sparks-fury_au_602ed1c7c5b66dfc101d4c41)www.huffingtonpos t.com.au (http://www.huffingtonpost.com.au) › entry › airport-photo-of...
8 hours ago — The senator said he flew down to Mexico with his kids, "wanting to be a good dad." ... “We could see up to 100 people lose their lives this week in Texas, so don't risk it. Keep your family safe. Just stay home and hug your kids.” ... Cruz seems to believe there isn't much for him to do in Texas for the millions of ...

Commentary: The attack on Black History Month - Yahoo News
news.yahoo.com › commentary-attack-black-history-m...
(https://news.yahoo.com/commentary-attack-black-history-month-090000611.html)Feb. 10, 2021 — Some parents at a Utah charter school were so against their kids ... The school isn't disclosing what all the hoopla was about so we can ... The company contends he put others at risk by violating a company ... Fort Worth Star-Telegram ... Keep your family safe and just stay home and hug your kids,” Cruz ...

Ted Cruz Now Admits He Had Planned to Stay in Cancún ...
ns.yahoo.com › ted-cruz-now-admits-had-025738699
(https://news.yahoo.com/ted-cruz-now-admits-had-025738699.html)2 hours ago — Ted Cruz is admitting that he had planned on staying the weekend, and that it was ... Fort Worth Star-Telegram ... Keep your family safe and just stay home and hug your kids,” Cruz said on the ... This would let distributors get first doses to more at-risk people instead of leaving them "completely unprotected" ...

************************************************** *******************************
Just when we thought that America had plummeted the depths of "Cruzgate," apparently at the beginning of the week "Lyin Ted" wearing his Senator's hat told the Fort Worth Star-Telegram after the school closures resulting from the storms

"Keep your family home and just stay safe and hug your kids!"

Two days latter, the same Ted Cruz, his wife and children were on an international flight headed for Cancun - despite the CDC advisory that nonessential flights in general, and trips to Mexico particular, were both considered to be "high risk!"

Even if Americans were to accept Cruz's ever evolving story at face value, why would a self-described "good father" deliberately place his wife and children at high risk, contrary to CDC guidelines and in direct contradiction of the advice he was providing to the public just days earlier?

It would appear the Cruz has firmly established himself as the conservative poster boy that embodies "ENTITLEMENT!"

Chris
02-19-2021, 02:12 AM
Ted Cruz Flew to Cancun During Texas Winter Storm ...
people.com › Politics
(https://people.com/politics/ted-cruz-apparently-flew-to-cancun-amid-texas-snowstorm/)13 hours ago — Ted Cruz Really Did Fly to Cancún amid Deadly Texas Winter Storm ... He urged others "if you can stay home, don't go out on the roads, don't risk the ice. … Don't risk it. Keep your family safe, and just stay home and hug your kids." ... Dwayne Johnson Isn't Ruling Out a Potential Presidential Bid: 'If That's ...

Ted Cruz Slammed After Photos Show Him Flying To Cancun ...
(https://www.huffingtonpost.com.au/entry/airport-photo-of-republican-senator-sparks-fury_au_602ed1c7c5b66dfc101d4c41)www.huffingtonpos t.com.au (http://www.huffingtonpost.com.au) › entry › airport-photo-of...
8 hours ago — The senator said he flew down to Mexico with his kids, "wanting to be a good dad." ... “We could see up to 100 people lose their lives this week in Texas, so don't risk it. Keep your family safe. Just stay home and hug your kids.” ... Cruz seems to believe there isn't much for him to do in Texas for the millions of ...

Commentary: The attack on Black History Month - Yahoo News
news.yahoo.com › commentary-attack-black-history-m...
(https://news.yahoo.com/commentary-attack-black-history-month-090000611.html)Feb. 10, 2021 — Some parents at a Utah charter school were so against their kids ... The school isn't disclosing what all the hoopla was about so we can ... The company contends he put others at risk by violating a company ... Fort Worth Star-Telegram ... Keep your family safe and just stay home and hug your kids,” Cruz ...

Ted Cruz Now Admits He Had Planned to Stay in Cancún ...
ns.yahoo.com › ted-cruz-now-admits-had-025738699
(https://news.yahoo.com/ted-cruz-now-admits-had-025738699.html)2 hours ago — Ted Cruz is admitting that he had planned on staying the weekend, and that it was ... Fort Worth Star-Telegram ... Keep your family safe and just stay home and hug your kids,” Cruz said on the ... This would let distributors get first doses to more at-risk people instead of leaving them "completely unprotected" ...

************************************************** *******************************
Just when we thought that America had plummeted the depths of "Cruzgate," apparently at the beginning of the week "Lyin Ted" wearing his Senator's hat told the Fort Worth Star-Telegram after the school closures resulting from the storms

"Keep your family home and just stay safe and hug your kids!"

Two days latter, the same Ted Cruz, his wife and children were on an international flight headed for Cancun - despite the CDC advisory that nonessential flights in general, and trips to Mexico particular, were both considered to be "high risk!"

Even if Americans were to accept Cruz's ever evolving story at face value, why would a self-described "good father" deliberately place his wife and children at high risk, contrary to CDC guidelines and in direct contradiction of the advice he was providing to the public just days earlier?

It would appear the Cruz has firmly established himself as the conservative poster boy that embodies "ENTITLEMENT!"

Oh stop the incessant moralizing.

jgarden477
02-19-2021, 03:14 AM
Oh stop the incessant moralizing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PAqxWa9Rbe0

Retirednsmilin308
02-19-2021, 03:20 AM
I see this as progress. At least she is not tripping off-line about Trump.
You know I luvz ya, darlin'.

Glad to see you changing the windage and elevation of your sights.
Your "beaten impact area" was pretty beaten.

The Booman
02-19-2021, 04:43 AM
Someone let me know when Cruz's holiday kills someone.:rollseyes:

hanger4
02-19-2021, 05:58 AM

There wouldn't have been a hit piece written Leanne778.

hanger4
02-19-2021, 06:04 AM

Hey you're referring to the Texas mayor jgarden477 spoke of, that mayor was defying the shut down rules. If not then post up your examples.

gamewell45
02-19-2021, 06:35 AM
Hey you're referring to the Texas mayor @jgarden477 (https://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=3770) spoke of, that mayor was defying the shut down rules. If not then post up your examples.
Here is an example:

"Cruz has attacked public officials for vacationing or golfing during times of crisis and argued that it showed those officials were not paying attention.
Cruz said in 2017 (https://www.nytimes.com/2017/09/08/us/politics/ted-cruz-hurricane-harvey.html) then-New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie "should go back to the beach," referencing the outrage (https://www.nytimes.com/2017/07/03/nyregion/chris-christie-beach-new-jersey-budget.html) surrounding the governor's trip to a closed state beach with his family while the state's government was shut down.
Cruz was responding to criticism and charges of hypocrisy from Christie after his request for federal aid for Texas in response to Hurricane Harvey. Cruz had opposed an aid package in the aftermath of Hurricane Sandy, which largely affected the northeast."

Check out this link:

https://www.cnn.com/2021/02/18/politics/vacationing-during-crisis-ted-cruz/index.html

hanger4
02-19-2021, 07:00 AM
So don’t. Create a thread that talks about the issue in rational terms. It will be appreciated by those of us who are trying to do better and can rationally discuss the topic.

Private Pickle I understand why you're making the attempt, kudos :thumbsup: but it's a fruitless endeavor, some or most of those hiding behind anonymity use it to release their inner-arse-hole.

Words of advice to all, don't let others push your buttons, who cares what they say, they're anonymous nobodies.

hanger4
02-19-2021, 07:11 AM
Here is an example:

"Cruz has attacked public officials for vacationing or golfing during times of crisis and argued that it showed those officials were not paying attention.
Cruz said in 2017 (https://www.nytimes.com/2017/09/08/us/politics/ted-cruz-hurricane-harvey.html) then-New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie "should go back to the beach," referencing the outrage (https://www.nytimes.com/2017/07/03/nyregion/chris-christie-beach-new-jersey-budget.html) surrounding the governor's trip to a closed state beach with his family while the state's government was shut down.
Cruz was responding to criticism and charges of hypocrisy from Christie after his request for federal aid for Texas in response to Hurricane Harvey. Cruz had opposed an aid package in the aftermath of Hurricane Sandy, which largely affected the northeast."

Check out this link:

https://www.cnn.com/2021/02/18/politics/vacationing-during-crisis-ted-cruz/index.html

Christie and family enjoying a closed public beach is absolutely no comparison, as a matter of fact it's a rather disingenuous comparison.

gamewell45
02-19-2021, 08:42 AM
Christie and family enjoying a closed public beach is absolutely no comparison, as a matter of fact it's a rather disingenuous comparison.

How so?

hanger4
02-19-2021, 11:09 AM
How so?

Why was the beach closed to the public gamewell45 ??

Abby08
02-19-2021, 11:31 AM
Given that the title of this thread is quite explicit, why is "Abby08" gracing us with his/her presence if he/she has no interest in discussing the subject?

Could it be that having come to the conclusion that defending "Lyin Ted's" words and actions is a lost cause, but not willing to admit defeat, "Abby08's" fall-back position is an attempt to undermine further discussion and redirect the conversation to more "conservative-friendly" topics!

If Ted Cruz had been a Democratic Senator, "Abby08" and his/her conservative associates would be be attacking like a school of sharks attracted by blood in the water!

I am discussing the issue, the issue is Ted Cruz flying to Cancun, with his daughters and, flying back the next day......is that not the issue here?

You, are trying to make more of it.

It it had been a democrat Senator, there's a good chance we wouldn't be discussing it at all, the media would have thought it wasn't a big deal and, Leanne would not have created a rant thread about it.

gamewell45
02-19-2021, 11:32 AM
Why was the beach closed to the public gamewell45 ??
Can you be a little more specific please? Not sure which beach you are talking about.

Hoosier8
02-19-2021, 12:02 PM
Here is an example:

Check out this link:

FYI, Cruz is not Texas governor.

hanger4
02-19-2021, 12:06 PM
Can you be a little more specific please? Not sure which beach you are talking about.

You posted it gamewell45 as an example of Cruz's hypocrisy ?? Why was the public beach closed ??

jet57
02-19-2021, 01:02 PM

No, I'm pointing out an obvious hypocrite; emotion has nothing to do with it and your accusation only says that you have no credible answer for Cruz's behavior. Moreover, reports are out now that his explanation and his wife's texts don't match up which only says that he's lying yet again. You can easily look that up.

This is a guy who took an oath that is on the record to be an impartial arbiter of the truth in Trump's last impeachment, but then takes two other Republicans into a private meeting with Trump's attorneys and then votes to acquit... and all you do is make excuses for his obvious lying. What does that say about your true motives in political dialogue?

Chris
02-19-2021, 01:05 PM
No, I'm pointing out an obvious hypocrite; emotion has nothing to do with it and your accusation only says that you have no credible answer for Cruz's behavior. Moreover, reports are out now that his explanation and his wife's texts don't match up which only says that he's lying yet again. You can easily look that up.

This is a guy who took an oath that is on the record to be an impartial arbiter of the truth in Trump's last impeachment, but then takes two other Republicans into a private meeting with Trump's attorneys and then votes to acquit... and all you do is make excuses for his obvious lying. What does that say about your true motives in political dialogue?

More meaningless moralizing. hanger4, you evil!! :D

jet57
02-19-2021, 01:08 PM

No, it;s based on your attitude of arrogance and condescension with people who have differing views. You mock those views which demonstrates that you can't handle them. Discrediting your posts is nothing, intelligent dialogue with you is very difficult.

Chris
02-19-2021, 01:09 PM
No, it;s based on your attitude of arrogance and condescension with people who have differing views. You mock those views which demonstrates that you can't handle them. Discrediting your posts is nothing, intelligent dialogue with you is very difficult.

Project much?

jet57
02-19-2021, 01:10 PM
More meaningless moralizing. @hanger4 (https://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=403), you evil!! :D

More mocking because you know my opinion on the matter is quite correct and you have no mature answer.

jet57
02-19-2021, 01:11 PM
Project much?

Nope. I just observe the evidence.

Chris
02-19-2021, 01:14 PM
Nope. I just observe the evidence.

You have difficulty decerning the difference between fact and opinion, opinion and proof.

Anyway, not going to get sucked into your trolling. Got better things to do.

Chris
02-19-2021, 01:15 PM
More mocking because you know my opinion on the matter is quite correct and you have no mature answer.

https://i.snipboard.io/FlZ3jy.jpg

hanger4
02-19-2021, 01:17 PM

Leaving a place with no electricity and going to a place sunny and warm and has electricity has nothing to do with hypocrisy.

You really have no clue what that word, hypocrisy, means.

Docthehun
02-19-2021, 02:06 PM
A former Senator said; "He liked Ted Cruz more than most his fellow Senators and he hated Ted Cruz".

Abby08
02-19-2021, 02:07 PM

Kinda sounds familiar.....like how liberals excuse and defend everything illegitimate joe says and does.

Democrats have never had secret meetings? They've never pushed anything through that way?

You know they have but, it only bothers you when Republicans do it.

Abby08
02-19-2021, 02:08 PM
Leaving a place with no electricity and going to a place sunny and warm and has electricity has nothing to do with hypocrisy.

He has no clue, period.

gamewell45
02-19-2021, 02:31 PM
FYI, Cruz is not Texas governor.
He is a US Senator representing Texas

gamewell45
02-19-2021, 02:32 PM
You posted it gamewell45 as an example of Cruz's hypocrisy ?? Why was the public beach closed ??

The mayor, for whatever reason, decided to close it.

Chris
02-19-2021, 02:40 PM

He was working with the governor before the crisis hit and before he went to Cancun and in touch--there is email, messaging, zoom, etc.

Chris
02-19-2021, 02:40 PM
Personally, I don't like Cruz, but what I despise is the left's self-righteous moralizing.

gamewell45
02-19-2021, 02:44 PM
He was working with the governor before the crisis hit and before he went to Cancun and in touch--there is email, messaging, zoom, etc.
Chris, I think the issue with most people is two fold; one, he should have stayed in Texas, if for nothing else, for symbolically being present there as a show of support for the people of Texas; and finally he publicly has criticized others for doing exactly what he did.

From what I understand, once he got to Cancun, he realized that he exercised poor judgement and returned to Texas the next day.

RMNIXON
02-19-2021, 02:45 PM
I am discussing the issue, the issue is Ted Cruz flying to Cancun, with his daughters and, flying back the next day......is that not the issue here?

You, are trying to make more of it.

It it had been a democrat Senator, there's a good chance we wouldn't be discussing it at all, the media would have thought it wasn't a big deal and, Leanne would not have created a rant thread about it.

Ask yourself why we have a 19 page thread on Cruz when Coumo and his deadly antics are all but ignored? How about other breaking stories like Biden's support for an Afghanistan Pipeline that gives money to American murdering Taliban? Or the fact that the Capital fire extinguisher story was another Left Media driven LIE? Or that Biden is preparing to give an easy path to citizenship to Millions of illegals and many more on the way now that the open border invitations have been sent out?

Ignore, Ignore, Ignore, but this is some kind of horror we should get all worked up about because Leanne threw another fit.

RMNIXON
02-19-2021, 02:47 PM
Personally, I don't like Cruz, but what I despise is the left's self-righteous moralizing.

He has become the latest Trump substitute punching bag. I read that Late Night was all over it like nothing else was happening.

Chris
02-19-2021, 02:48 PM
Chris, I think the issue with most people is two fold; one, he should have stayed in Texas, if for nothing else, for symbolically being present there as a show of support for the people of Texas; and finally he publicly has criticized others for doing exactly what he did.

From what I understand, once he got to Cancun, he realized that he exercised poor judgement and returned to Texas the next day.

Yes and he admitted that.

Chris
02-19-2021, 02:50 PM
He has become the latest Trump substitute punching bag. I read that Late Night was all over it like nothing else was happening.

The left is addicted and doesn't know how to stop.

Hell, Biden took a snow day, no criticism of that.

gamewell45
02-19-2021, 02:55 PM
Yes and he admitted that.
I'm sure you'll admit, that politics is a filthy business and I'll make it even money that those running for senate in Texas will try to maximize this at the next election cycle for Senator.

Chris
02-19-2021, 03:05 PM
I'm sure you'll admit, that politics is a filthy business and I'll make it even money that those running for senate in Texas will try to maximize this at the next election cycle for Senator.

Heads need to roll but not Cruz's.

jet57
02-19-2021, 03:27 PM
https://i.snipboard.io/FlZ3jy.jpg
Again, you have no answer.

jet57
02-19-2021, 03:31 PM

So even though Cruz now [admits[/i], "it was a mistake", you're saying that it wasn't a mistake and that betraying the suffering of his constituency for his personal comfort was a good idea and that signing his name to a senate oath and lying about that too was not hypocrisy, just good practice on his part.

Perhaps you should examine the meaning hypocrisy very carefully.

gamewell45
02-19-2021, 03:32 PM
Heads need to roll but not Cruz's.

I'm sure the inquisition will begin shortly.

Chris
02-19-2021, 03:36 PM
I'm sure the inquisition will begin shortly.

Governor called for it immediately. Texas is on top of it and will fix it.

Chris
02-19-2021, 03:45 PM
Again, you have no answer.

The answer was you're moralizing. Pay attention, troll.

jet57
02-19-2021, 03:51 PM
The answer was you're moralizing. Pay attention, troll.

Sorry, you've already proved that you have no answer.

No goin back now.

Hoosier8
02-19-2021, 03:57 PM

Which means whatever he does would be by phone. Unknown to many in the US is that Cancun has phones.

gamewell45
02-19-2021, 04:06 PM
Which means whatever he does would be by phone. Unknown to many in the US is that Cancun has phones.

He should have been present in Texas as a show of support for them; his constituents were in their homes with no water, electricity, heat, etc and here he is flying to sunny, warm Cancun. I think it was important for him to remain in Texas, especially since FEMA was delivering generators and other supplies to Texas and he could have been present on site helping out.

PR wise it looks bad for him; in fact once he arrived in Cancun, he admitted he exercised poor judgement and returned to the US the following day.

Abby08
02-19-2021, 04:07 PM

That, other, was someone who had violated his own, stay at home, order.

hanger4
02-19-2021, 04:28 PM
The mayor, for whatever reason, decided to close it.

The state shutdown for lack of a budget, Christie was gov. There's no comparison of Christie use a beach his government closed and Cruz leaving a winter storm for warmer weather. :facepalm:

gamewell45
02-19-2021, 04:37 PM
The state shutdown for lack of a budget, Christie was gov. There's no comparison of Christie use a beach his government closed and Cruz leaving a winter storm for warmer weather. :facepalm:
He left for warmer climate while his constituents' suffered with no water, heat or electricity. Just doesn't look good when you think about it.

hanger4
02-19-2021, 04:38 PM
So even though Cruz now [admits[/i], "it was a mistake", you're saying that it wasn't a mistake and that betraying the suffering of his constituency for his personal comfort was a good idea and that signing his name to a senate oath and lying about that too was not hypocrisy, just good practice on his part.

Perhaps you should examine the meaning hypocrisy very carefully.

The only mistake is the MSM making something out of nothing and Cruz not saying "hell yea we left the winter storm".

*and that betraying the suffering of his constituency for his personal comfort*

Now that's ^^ just stupid.

*and that signing his name to a senate oath and lying about that too was not hypocrisy,*

WTF is that ^^ about ?? What has a winter storm got to do it ??

Again, what's hypocritical about leaving a winter storm ??

Mister D
02-19-2021, 04:40 PM
He left for warmer climate while his constituents' suffered with no water, heat or electricity. Just doesn't look good when you think about it.

So don't vote for him. Shrug.

hanger4
02-19-2021, 04:46 PM

How many other constituents did the same gamewell45 ?? For that matter should all public officials and constituents just hunker down in the face of impending storms ?? What if the Cruz resident had back up power (generator), back up heat, is it OK to be prepared or does that look bad too.

WTF is wrong with you people ??

Hoosier8
02-19-2021, 04:51 PM
He should have been present in Texas as a show of support for them; his constituents were in their homes with no water, electricity, heat, etc and here he is flying to sunny, warm Cancun. I think it was important for him to remain in Texas, especially since FEMA was delivering generators and other supplies to Texas and he could have been present on site helping out.

PR wise it looks bad for him; in fact once he arrived in Cancun, he admitted he exercised poor judgement and returned to the US the following day.

Meh, Biden called a lid at 8AM on the same day. FEMA sent a whole 60 generators. If we are to believe that government is the end all and be all then the Biden administration was absent. A Senator is the least of the problem. The focus on Cruz is a distraction from the administrations failure to respond.

nathanbforrest45
02-19-2021, 04:51 PM
And he came back within 24 hours. Where was President joe biden? Was he or Vice President kamala harris doing anything to help the good people of Texas?

I suppose Ted Cruz should have stayed in Texas, if for no other reason that to give the yahoos who are complaining about his leaving for 24 hours a chance to say staying was nothing more than a photo op. What exactly did you expect him to do?

donttread
02-19-2021, 04:55 PM

which gives him no formal role in this. Informally he could do via Zoom. I thought the dems were alla bout social distancing?

gamewell45
02-19-2021, 05:05 PM
How many other constituents did the same gamewell45 ?? For that matter should all public officials and constituents just hunker down in the face of impending storms ?? What if the Cruz resident had back up power (generator), back up heat, is it OK to be prepared or does that look bad too.

Put yourself in his constituents position; how would you feel?

gamewell45
02-19-2021, 05:10 PM
And he came back within 24 hours. Where was President joe biden? Was he or Vice President kamala harris doing anything to help the good people of Texas?

I suppose Ted Cruz should have stayed in Texas, if for no other reason that to give the yahoos who are complaining about his leaving for 24 hours a chance to say staying was nothing more than a photo op. What exactly did you expect him to do?
Yes, he came back within 24 hours after realizing he made an error in judgement. He could have visited various area's of the state to reassure people that they were working on getting power restored, help from from the federal government, etc.

donttread
02-19-2021, 05:10 PM

I'd feel like I had cancelled a hair cut because Nancy Pelosi told me to diostance.

hanger4
02-19-2021, 05:11 PM

Fine gamewell45, I don't fault people that can leave a storm, especially politicians that did nothing wrong.

Abby08
02-19-2021, 05:15 PM

No! Even if the Cruz residence had full utilities, they should have shut off everything and suffered in the cold, to show compassion and, provide comfort.

Get over it liberals, this isn't earth shattering news.

gamewell45
02-19-2021, 05:16 PM
I'd feel like I had cancelled a hair cut because Nancy Pelosi told me to diostance.

Your viewpoint is duly noted.

Abby08
02-19-2021, 05:19 PM
Yes, he came back within 24 hours after realizing he made an error in judgement. He could have visited various area's of the state to reassure people that they were working on getting power restored, help from from the federal government, etc.

Has Biden done that? I know he said something about it.....days later.

gamewell45
02-19-2021, 05:20 PM
Fine gamewell45, I don't fault people that can leave a storm, especially politicians that did nothing wrong.

Well apparently his constituents feel different since I'm watching calls on TV for him to resign.

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/cry-us-a-mai-tai-editors-at-the-houston-chronicle-heckle-cruz-call-for-his-resignation

hanger4
02-19-2021, 05:59 PM
Well apparently his constituents feel different since I'm watching calls on TV for him to resign.

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/cry-us-a-mai-tai-editors-at-the-houston-chronicle-heckle-cruz-call-for-his-resignation

OH FFS, gamewell45, did the Houston Chronicle give the opinion you agree with ?? Did the Houston Chronicle actually do a fair and balanced poll to see what Cruz's constituents actually think ??

RMNIXON
02-19-2021, 06:14 PM
Meh, Biden called a lid at 8AM on the same day. FEMA sent a whole 60 generators. If we are to believe that government is the end all and be all then the Biden administration was absent. A Senator is the least of the problem. The focus on Cruz is a distraction from the administrations failure to respond.

I think we should start a thread on how many days it takes Biden to get to Texas because they need his comfort?

:happy1:

https://ih1.redbubble.net/image.1543401828.0221/farp,small,wall_texture,product,750x1000.jpg

Chris
02-19-2021, 06:19 PM
I think we should start a thread on how many days it takes Biden to get to Texas because they need his comfort?

:happy1:

He said today President Joe Biden planning trip to storm-ravaged Texas, but 'I don't want to be a burden' (https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2021/02/19/president-joe-biden-planning-trip-storm-ravaged-texas-next-week/4508040001/). Maybe next week. Maybe the week after.

He's already a burden!

gamewell45
02-19-2021, 06:19 PM
OH FFS, gamewell45, did the Houston Chronicle give the opinion you agree with ?? Did the Houston Chronicle actually do a fair and balanced poll to see what Cruz's constituents actually think ??

Calm down hanger; there's nothing much you nor I can do about it; it's just unfolding as we discuss it further.

https://www.newsweek.com/ted-cruz-confronted-protesters-chanting-resign-outside-his-house-after-returning-cancun-1570401

https://www.npr.org/2021/02/18/968970785/texas-democrats-call-on-cruz-to-resign-over-cancun-trip-amid-deadly-winter-storm

https://www.wliw.org/radio/news/texas-democrats-call-on-cruz-to-resign-over-cancun-trip-amid-deadly-winter-storm/

https://www.thedailybeast.com/sen-ted-cruzs-wife-heidi-boasted-of-cancun-trip-to-neighbors-beforehand-reports-say

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/texas-democrats-call-for-sen-ted-cruz-to-resign-after-unverified-photos-purportedly-show-him-traveling-to-cancun/ar-BB1dNFym

stephenpe
02-19-2021, 06:47 PM
Hanger 4 said Out of curiosity @Leanne778 (https://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=3475) what was Cruz supposed to do ??
What should Cruz have done? Act like a leader. But as Donnie said. Lying Ted.

hanger4
02-19-2021, 06:50 PM
Calm down hanger; there's nothing much you nor I can do about it; it's just unfolding as we discuss it further.

https://www.newsweek.com/ted-cruz-confronted-protesters-chanting-resign-outside-his-house-after-returning-cancun-1570401

https://www.npr.org/2021/02/18/968970785/texas-democrats-call-on-cruz-to-resign-over-cancun-trip-amid-deadly-winter-storm

https://www.wliw.org/radio/news/texas-democrats-call-on-cruz-to-resign-over-cancun-trip-amid-deadly-winter-storm/

https://www.thedailybeast.com/sen-ted-cruzs-wife-heidi-boasted-of-cancun-trip-to-neighbors-beforehand-reports-say

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/texas-democrats-call-for-sen-ted-cruz-to-resign-after-unverified-photos-purportedly-show-him-traveling-to-cancun/ar-BB1dNFym

I am calm, as a matter of fact I find rather amusing watching you and those like you (your links) making something out of nothing for pure political partisanship.

hanger4
02-19-2021, 07:09 PM

So, in other words nothing, wait ............. I know, Cruz needs to stand on top of the tallest building in Houston, shake his fist at the sky and scream, WE DEMAND GLOBAL WARMING

Yeah, dats da ticket

Chris
02-19-2021, 08:07 PM

Good leaders follow.

Leanne778
02-19-2021, 08:08 PM

Right. You know why he came back? Because his ass was caught. That's why.

Chris
02-19-2021, 08:11 PM

Or, as he said, he realized it was a mistake.

So who's word should we take, his or your narrative?

Tahuyaman
02-19-2021, 08:12 PM

At least his decision to go to Mexico wasn't the direct cause of thousands of people dying in nursing homes.

Leanne778
02-19-2021, 08:19 PM
Or, as he said, he realized it was a mistake.

So who's word should we take, his or your narrative?

Your at home packing a bag getting ready to go to Cancun and you don't think it's a mistake with what's happening in Texas? Huh? He admitted he was supposed to stay there until Saturday and if he wasn't caught he would have stayed there until Saturday. imo

The Booman
02-19-2021, 08:21 PM
Your at home packing a bag getting ready to go to Cancun and you don't think it's a mistake with what's happening in Texas? Huh? He admitted he was supposed to stay there until Saturday and if he wasn't caught he would have stayed there until Saturday. imo
This is the biggest story ever!

Cotton1
02-19-2021, 08:24 PM
This is the biggest story ever!

:smiley_ROFLMAO:

hanger4
02-19-2021, 08:26 PM

"his ass was caught" :roflmao: doing what Leanne778 ??

Leanne778
02-19-2021, 08:28 PM
"his ass was caught" :roflmao: doing what Leanne778 ??

Going to Cancun - what's wrong with you man?

Chris
02-19-2021, 08:31 PM

No matter how outrageously you spin your narrative in good critical theoretic fashion, he made a mistake.

hanger4
02-19-2021, 08:35 PM

So, it's illegal to go to Cancun now ?? Do tell Leanne778

Leanne778
02-19-2021, 08:37 PM
No matter how outrageously you spin your narrative in good critical theoretic fashion, he made a mistake.
You can say it until your blue in the face, it doesn't make it true.

Leanne778
02-19-2021, 08:37 PM

You know hanger....you ask the stupidest freakin' questions.

RMNIXON
02-19-2021, 08:43 PM
He said today President Joe Biden planning trip to storm-ravaged Texas, but 'I don't want to be a burden' (https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2021/02/19/president-joe-biden-planning-trip-storm-ravaged-texas-next-week/4508040001/). Maybe next week. Maybe the week after.

He's already a burden!

Imagine if a mere Senator like Cruz said the same thing. That he wanted to stay out of the way and not be a burden so the FEMA people and local authorities can do their job.

Because a Texan is not looking for hugs and a "feel good" from Cruz.

Oh, the Screaming!

Leanne778
02-19-2021, 08:44 PM
At least some good ole democrats went and helped out! Kudos to AOC and Beto!!!

While Sen. Ted Cruz was dealing with the fallout from his trip to Cancun, two of his Democratic political nemeses -- Beto O'Rourke and Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez -- raised money and offered resources to Texans hit hard by this week's winter storm.

Ocasio-Cortez, a Democratic congresswoman from New York who has frequently sparred with Cruz (https://www.cnn.com/2021/01/28/politics/ocasio-cortez-ted-cruz-capitol-attack/index.html), launched a fundraiser on Twitter and raised $1 million by Thursday evening.

Wow. We officially raised $1 million for Texas relief at 9:17pm.," she tweeted. (https://twitter.com/AOC/status/1362608192958652417) "Thank you all so much. Folded hands I'm at a loss for words. Always in awe of movement work."
By Friday, she tweeted (https://twitter.com/AOC/status/1362809024480243714), that figure had risen to $2 million and she announced she was going to fly to Houston to join with Texas Rep. Sylvia Garcia to distribute supplies. Ocasio-Cortez is using Act Blue to fundraise, a Democratic fundraising tool that helps her build an email listserv as she receives donations.

Meanwhile, O'Rourke, who unsuccessfully challenged Cruz in the Texas 2018 Senate race, ran a virtual phone bank to contact senior citizens in Texas, to connect them with resources during the disaster.
"BIG THANKS to the volunteers who made over 784,000 phone calls to senior citizens in Texas today," he tweeted. (https://twitter.com/BetoORourke/status/1362618829990359041) "You helped to connect them with water, food, transportation, and shelter. And you made sure that they knew we were thinking about them and that they matter to us."
Beto O'Rourke, Alexandria Ocasio Cortez helped Texans in crisis while Ted Cruz was traveling - CNNPolitics (https://www.cnn.com/2021/02/19/politics/ted-cruz-beto-o-rourke-alexandria-ocasio-cortez-aoc-texas-disaster/index.html)

hanger4
02-19-2021, 08:45 PM
You know hanger....you ask the stupidest freakin' questions.

Stop making stupid freakin' statements.

Tahuyaman
02-19-2021, 08:46 PM

OMG!!!!!!! Cancun!!!!! What is wrong with you????!!!!! Don't you care about people freezing to death????? OMG!!!!!!

He should have gone to Puerto Vallarta!!!!!!!!!!

Leanne778
02-19-2021, 08:48 PM
Stop making stupid freakin' statements.
It was a legit statement and you know it.

hanger4
02-19-2021, 08:49 PM

Right, getting caught going to Cancun, which isn't illegal.

RMNIXON
02-19-2021, 08:52 PM
At least some good ole democrats went and helped out! Kudos to AOC and Beto!!!

While Sen. Ted Cruz was dealing with the fallout from his trip to Cancun, two of his Democratic political nemeses -- Beto O'Rourke and Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez -- raised money and offered resources to Texans hit hard by this week's winter storm.

Ocasio-Cortez, a Democratic congresswoman from New York who has frequently sparred with Cruz (https://www.cnn.com/2021/01/28/politics/ocasio-cortez-ted-cruz-capitol-attack/index.html), launched a fundraiser on Twitter and raised $1 million by Thursday evening.

Wow. We officially raised $1 million for Texas relief at 9:17pm.," she tweeted. (https://twitter.com/AOC/status/1362608192958652417) "Thank you all so much. Folded hands I'm at a loss for words. Always in awe of movement work."
By Friday, she tweeted (https://twitter.com/AOC/status/1362809024480243714), that figure had risen to $2 million and she announced she was going to fly to Houston to join with Texas Rep. Sylvia Garcia to distribute supplies. Ocasio-Cortez is using Act Blue to fundraise, a Democratic fundraising tool that helps her build an email listserv as she receives donations.

Meanwhile, O'Rourke, who unsuccessfully challenged Cruz in the Texas 2018 Senate race, ran a virtual phone bank to contact senior citizens in Texas, to connect them with resources during the disaster.
"BIG THANKS to the volunteers who made over 784,000 phone calls to senior citizens in Texas today," he tweeted. (https://twitter.com/BetoORourke/status/1362618829990359041) "You helped to connect them with water, food, transportation, and shelter. And you made sure that they knew we were thinking about them and that they matter to us."
Beto O'Rourke, Alexandria Ocasio Cortez helped Texans in crisis while Ted Cruz was traveling - CNNPolitics (https://www.cnn.com/2021/02/19/politics/ted-cruz-beto-o-rourke-alexandria-ocasio-cortez-aoc-texas-disaster/index.html)

The 29 Million people in Texas don't need money that would amount to pennies per person. They need real resources and I think Biden has done the right thing getting FEMA in motion to do that. Power and Water, not CNN headlines...............

This is nothing more than a political STUNT from an admitted Cruz opponent and ever the attention seeking AOC. I hope someone watches this money closely to see where it actually goes and who feeds off of it?

Cotton1
02-19-2021, 08:52 PM

What was he supposed to do? Sit home and freeze his ass off ?

He's not a utility worker so he can't fix it anyway.

All he has to do is use his phone to tell people to fix it.

No reason to huddle under a blanket with illegals.

Tahuyaman
02-19-2021, 08:55 PM
Right, getting caught going to Cancun, which isn't illegal.

But yet she's not at all wanting to to hold a politician accountable for decisions which caused people to die who shouldn't have.

Cotton1
02-19-2021, 08:55 PM

But it's ok for Biden to hang out on the beach ...

https://youtu.be/RXs_fCkWZ28

The Booman
02-19-2021, 08:56 PM
Cancun? Oh the humanity!

Tahuyaman
02-19-2021, 08:57 PM

It wasn't. You're (your) once again exposing your partisan motivated hypocrisy.

Tahuyaman
02-19-2021, 08:59 PM
Cancun? Oh the humanity!
I went to Cancun once. That was enough. Too resorty for me.