PDA

View Full Version : 500,000 deaths from covid-19 in the u.s.

Manny Decker
02-19-2021, 05:39 PM
The United States is approaching a grim milestone—the impending moment when half a million Americans will have lost their lives to the coronavirus. It’s a staggering number that’s painful to think about, and even harder to picture. Research into our evolution shows that the human brain is not inherently wired (https://apple.news/Ai0VzhFLOSKKcj2h1HsHjWw) to make sense of large numbers; other studies show (https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/32054733/) that people also have become adept at suppressing trauma to cope with grief. In 2020, the U.S. saw a more than 15 percent increase in deaths over the prior year, the highest year-on-year rise in deaths across the U.S. since 1918, which experienced both a global flu epidemic and the First World War.
The colossal death toll forces us to confront a distressing, ever growing number that has affected some groups more than others. Most of the dead have been Americans 65 and over. People of color are also dying at disproportionate rates: Deaths among Black Americans are 1.9 times higher than among non-Hispanic whites, Hispanics and Latinos 2.3 times higher, and Native Americans 2.4 times higher. The deadly sum of it all is hard to fathom.
What does the loss of so many lives look like? Here are some ways to envision what 500,000 really means.

https://www.nationalgeographic.com/science/graphics/what-500000-united-states-covid-deaths-look-like

Abby08
02-19-2021, 05:45 PM
No. The numbers have been fudged from the start.

They've admitted to counting every death, as covid.

Manny Decker
02-19-2021, 05:47 PM
No. The numbers have been fudged from the start.

They've admitted to counting every death, as covid.

The article says a 15% increase in deaths over the last period from last year, the figures speak for themselves. Read all of the article.

Tahuyaman
02-19-2021, 06:32 PM
When will the process of killing the virus begin?

Abby08
02-19-2021, 06:47 PM
The article says a 15% increase in deaths over the last period from last year, the figures speak for themselves. Read all of the article.

Because, they've been counting every death as, covid.

HawkTheSlayer
02-19-2021, 06:51 PM
A large percentage of elderly men die WITH prostate cancer. Not from it.
It's not listed as the cause of death on the certificate.

Covid comorbidity is being used as a tool to instill fear, control the populace, and reap insane profits.

Covid is real but the death numbers are not.

carolina73
02-19-2021, 07:03 PM

Last years number were fudged. Go to the CDC. Look at the last 5 years and you can extrapolate how many should have died without COVID in 2020. Do not use the expected death numbers. Then add in the extra suicides and overdoses. Only about 300 thousand extra deaths occurred in 2020. A terrible number but not the 415,000 that were used for the election and for local governments/facilities to pull in more funding from the Federal Government.
So when you start over 100,000 off then the 500,000 is also far off.

The CDC actually adjusted their expected death number to a lower number than 2019 reported deaths. Never happened before and never explained. Given that, I do not think their motives were bad, since the number was created in 2018. I think it was a correction to their system that overestimated deaths almost every year.

FindersKeepers
02-19-2021, 07:29 PM
The numbers are likely fudged to some extent, but it's still a dangerous virus. I've never known anyone who died of the flu, and just this year, four people I know died of covid (the most recent just last week). Or "with" covid. Take your pick. It's still too high a number.

What I want to know is when we're going to make China pay for what they've done. Because, this wasn't a zoonotic jump. This was an act of war.

That said -- I'm not in a rush to get the vaccine.

Abby08
02-19-2021, 07:44 PM
The numbers are likely fudged to some extent, but it's still a dangerous virus. I've never known anyone who died of the flu, and just this year, four people I know died of covid (the most recent just last week). Or "with" covid. Take your pick. It's still too high a number.

What I want to know is when we're going to make China pay for what they've done. Because, this wasn't a zoonotic jump. This was an act of war.

That said -- I'm not in a rush to get the vaccine.

There's no chance China will pay for anything, not with Biden bowing down to them.

nathanbforrest45
02-19-2021, 08:01 PM
A large percentage of elderly men die WITH prostate cancer. Not from it.
It's not listed as the cause of death on the certificate.

Covid comorbidity is being used as a tool to instill fear, control the populace, and reap insane profits.

Covid is real but the death numbers are not.

I live in a retirement community. Death is a common occurrence. There were two deaths on my block in the last couple of days. One was a 95 year old woman with a history of heart disease, the other an 85 year man with cancer. Both were listed as Covid deaths. One of the last Tuskegee Airman recently died at over 100 years of age, his death was listed as Covid.

Yes people get Covid and die from it. Far more often the press and hospitals conspire to inflate the number of actual Covid deaths.

Manny Decker
02-19-2021, 09:07 PM
I live in a retirement community. Death is a common occurrence. There were two deaths on my block in the last couple of days. One was a 95 year old woman with a history of heart disease, the other an 85 year man with cancer. Both were listed as Covid deaths. One of the last Tuskegee Airman recently died at over 100 years of age, his death was listed as Covid.

Yes people get Covid and die from it. Far more often the press and hospitals conspire to inflate the number of actual Covid deaths.
Old people....... let me make this clear to you. Old people have lungs made like an old bit of carpet, instead of being able to repair itself they’ve breathed in so much dust, (tobacco/paper) tar, toxic chemicals, damp air....the list is endless. Yes! Old people have very weak lungs.

This virus is unique, it’s not like a flu, this virus you drown in your own lung/chest fluid. It’s Taylor made for weak old lungs, people with health issues.....or quite simply anybody who has a weak composition.

Manny Decker
02-19-2021, 09:10 PM
Because, they've been counting every death as, covid.

I do believe hospital staff and doctors would know it was covid they were treating you for, the fact you were gasping for an oxygen mask would tell you their lungs were collapsing.

Red Lily
02-19-2021, 09:12 PM
I do believe hospital staff and doctors would know it was covid they were treating you for, the fact you were gasping for an oxygen mask would tell you their lungs were collapsing.

When you get paid for each Covid death, well, you call it Covid.

Captdon
02-19-2021, 09:13 PM
The United States is approaching a grim milestone—the impending moment when half a million Americans will have lost their lives to the coronavirus. It’s a staggering number that’s painful to think about, and even harder to picture. Research into our evolution shows that the human brain is not inherently wired (https://apple.news/Ai0VzhFLOSKKcj2h1HsHjWw) to make sense of large numbers; other studies show (https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/32054733/) that people also have become adept at suppressing trauma to cope with grief. In 2020, the U.S. saw a more than 15 percent increase in deaths over the prior year, the highest year-on-year rise in deaths across the U.S. since 1918, which experienced both a global flu epidemic and the First World War.
The colossal death toll forces us to confront a distressing, ever growing number that has affected some groups more than others. Most of the dead have been Americans 65 and over. People of color are also dying at disproportionate rates: Deaths among Black Americans are 1.9 times higher than among non-Hispanic whites, Hispanics and Latinos 2.3 times higher, and Native Americans 2.4 times higher. The deadly sum of it all is hard to fathom.
What does the loss of so many lives look like? Here are some ways to envision what 500,000 really means.

https://www.nationalgeographic.com/science/graphics/what-500000-united-states-covid-deaths-look-like

This thread is not the lighter site.

You're going to find that some here think the toll is less than 10,000 and the ones that died would have died anyway.

Mini Me
02-19-2021, 09:14 PM
There's no chance China will pay for anything, not with Biden bowing down to them.
Joe is trying to end Trump's horrid TRADE WAR, which has proved disasterous!
Would you like us to nuke China and start a nuclear lolocaust?

Manny Decker
02-19-2021, 09:18 PM
This thread is not the lighter site.

You're going to find that some here think the toll is less than 10,000 and the ones that died would have died anyway.

And that is a very sad thing.

Captdon
02-19-2021, 09:20 PM

500,00 extra a shutdown and it's dismissed. Covid 19 has become a political battle.

Manny Decker
02-19-2021, 09:21 PM
500,00 extra a shutdown and it's dismissed. Covid 19 has become a political battle.
Rubbish.

Abby08
02-19-2021, 10:04 PM
When you get paid for each Covid death, well, you call it Covid.

Yeah, that's what I meant. Not whether or not the Healthcare workers knew if it was covid or something else.

Abby08
02-19-2021, 10:06 PM
Joe is trying to end Trump's horrid TRADE WAR, which has proved disasterous!
Would you like us to nuke China and start a nuclear lolocaust?

We won't have to. Joe will continue bending over for them.....appeasing them.

jgarden477
02-19-2021, 10:42 PM
500,000 deaths from covid-19 in the u.s.

It should be obvious that each and every one of those 500,000 is a "Trump-hater" - the vast majority of whom decided to die during an election year just to deny Donald J a second term which he so richly deserved!

Just as the former President said, in reference to the late John McCain, that he much preferred those soldiers who weren't captured as prisoners of war, Trump has little sympathy for those who died from COVID-19 - whose deaths are considered to be a personal slight and betrayal in sabotaging his re-election!

Calypso Jones
02-19-2021, 11:44 PM
Seems to me if it is so dangerous then doctors ought to be willing to try treatments other doctors say they've had success with, but they won't. They won't try any treatments and have many excuses for not doing it.

Manny Decker
02-20-2021, 06:14 AM

It should be obvious that each and every one of those 500,000 is a "Trump-hater" - the vast majority of whom decided to die during an election year just to deny Donald J a second term which he so richly deserved!

Just as the former President said, in reference to the late John McCain, that he much preferred those soldiers who weren't captured as prisoners of war, Trump has little sympathy for those who died from COVID-19 - whose deaths are considered to be a personal slight and betrayal in sabotaging his re-election!

What are you on about?

A Trump hater would of voted Democrat.

The whole of your post is madness or you are on an alcohol overload. :angry:

stjames1_53
02-20-2021, 06:28 AM

You're obsessed with Trump. You'll expire at the end of the road with Trump on your mind. I smile..........
Your TDS brain is feeding you bad information.

Manny Decker
02-20-2021, 10:11 AM
Seems to me if it is so dangerous then doctors ought to be willing to try treatments other doctors say they've had success with, but they won't. They won't try any treatments and have many excuses for not doing it.

As we have seen many Americans who have died from Covid-19 have diabetes (https://www.ancient-origins.net/news-evolution-human-origins/diabetes-gene-may-come-neanderthals-001172) and obesity (https://www.ancient-origins.net/news-history-archaeology/ice-age-figurines-0014617) both greatly amplify the effects of Covid-19.

Hoosier8
02-20-2021, 10:16 AM

There is a distinct difference of dying from Covid and dying with Covid which you are not showing.

Manny Decker
02-20-2021, 12:13 PM
There is a distinct difference of dying from Covid and dying with Covid which you are not showing.
I have a female friend in Chicago, she works in a care home, she nurses and cleans up old people. She has described how people die from Covid-19
This person has told me whoever put this rubbish on the internet about wrongly recording Covid-19 deaths need shaming.
She has told me the patient dying of the Virus cannot breath without oxygen. They simply perspire, their lungs drowning them.
On their death certificate from the hospital or a Dr called to a care home would know.

Hoosier8
02-20-2021, 12:43 PM
I have a female friend in Chicago, she works in a care home, she nurses and cleans up old people. She has described how people die from Covid-19
This person has told me whoever put this rubbish on the internet about wrongly recording Covid-19 deaths need shaming.
She has told me the patient dying of the Virus cannot breath without oxygen. They simply perspire, their lungs drowning them.
On their death certificate from the hospital or a Dr called to a care home would know.

Those would be the ones dying from Covid. Still does not address those listed dying with Covid which inflates the total.

Manny Decker
02-20-2021, 03:18 PM
Those would be the ones dying from Covid. Still does not address those listed dying with Covid which inflates the total.
So from your point of view the virus isn’t killing as many as being reported?

The lockdowns, the mask wearing, the social distancing, all need not be complied to in your opinion, the whole world is being scammed, fooled, herded for some unknown purpose?

*I’m done with posting here*

Hoosier8
02-20-2021, 04:03 PM
So from your point of view the virus isn’t killing as many as being reported?

The lockdowns, the mask wearing, the social distancing, all need not be complied to in your opinion, the whole world is being scammed, fooled, herded for some unknown purpose?

*I’m done with posting here*

Of course I said none of that but this is the mindless folly you wish to live by.

Abby08
02-20-2021, 06:40 PM

I can't breathe without oxygen, either.

Mister D
02-20-2021, 06:43 PM
As we have seen many Americans who have died from Covid-19 have diabetes (https://www.ancient-origins.net/news-evolution-human-origins/diabetes-gene-may-come-neanderthals-001172) and obesity (https://www.ancient-origins.net/news-history-archaeology/ice-age-figurines-0014617) both greatly amplify the effects of Covid-19.
Correct. Hopefully, the take away will be to lose some weight. You are not "healthy at any size".

HawkTheSlayer
02-20-2021, 06:44 PM
I can't breathe without oxygen, either.

Lol. Sven in a little over an hour.

Abby08
02-20-2021, 06:48 PM
Lol. Sven in a little over an hour.

I know. I don't know what happened but, I don't get that channel anymore.

I didn't change anything, rhe channel just dropped off of my menu.