PDA

View Full Version : Trump complained that he was served a smaller steak at his DC Hotel

Leanne778
02-20-2021, 05:13 PM
I know the conservatives will freak about this posting...So, his wittle steak is smaller than his companion's. Big deal. His highness wants to be bigger and better than everyone else. So petty. So high and mighty and her highness, the queen, does not want chives and parsley on her fish priced at $64. Atrocious. Ridiculous.

President Donald Trump once complained that a steak he was served at his Washington, DC, hotel restaurant was smaller than the one given to his table companion, the steak house's former executive chef told The Washingtonian. Bill Williamson, then the chef of BLT Prime at the Trump International Hotel, said the two steaks were virtually identical."It was the same steak. Both well done. Maybe it was a half ounce bigger or something, I don't know," Williamson said to The Washingtonian. But after Trump's complaint, Williamson switched from serving the president a filet mignon or bone-in rib eye to a 40-ounce tomahawk, which is larger than all the other steaks offered on the restaurant's menu. The restaurant also ordered special extra-large shrimp for Trump's appetizer dish, The Washingtonian reported.Former first lady Melania Trump was also known to be picky with her food. Williamson said she once returned a plate of Dover sole, a fish that's priced at $64 on the menu, because it was topped with chives and parsley, according to the report. Immediately after he was seated, a waiter would offer him a small bottle of hand sanitizer and ask him whether he'd like his Diet Coke with or without ice. Then the server would open the drink, according to a seven-step instruction manual The Washingtonian obtained, in front of Trump.

The president would have two popovers, then jumbo-shrimp cocktail, his signature well-done steak, and fries. He'd sometimes have either apple pie or chocolate cake for dessert, the report said. Trump also required that an assortment of snacks and sweets, including Lay's sour cream and onion potato chips and Milky Way and Snickers bars, be laid out for him.
Trump's red-meat and fast-food-heavy diet (https://www.businessinsider.com/donald-trump-favorite-foods-steak-cake-diet-coke-2019-7?utm_source=yahoo.com&utm_medium=referral) has long attracted attention. His former campaign manager Corey Lewandowski wrote that Trump would regularly eat a 2,400-calorie McDonald's meal (https://www.businessinsider.com/corey-lewandowski-trump-mcdonalds-fast-food-2017-12?utm_source=yahoo.com&utm_medium=referral) consisting of two Big Mac burgers, two Filet-O-Fish sandwiches, and a chocolate milkshake on the campaign trail. In the White House, Trump would often be served two scoops of ice cream (https://www.businessinsider.com/what-does-trump-eat-dinner-2017-5?utm_source=yahoo.com&utm_medium=referral) with his dessert, while his guests received one scoop, Time reported.
Trump complained that he was served a smaller steak than a dining companion at his DC hotel restaurant: report (yahoo.com) (https://news.yahoo.com/trump-complained-served-smaller-steak-165923161.html)

Hoosier8
02-20-2021, 05:26 PM
OMG, the left just can’t move on. Trump living 24/7 rent free in their little heads.

Peter1469
02-20-2021, 05:41 PM
Ordered well done....

Get the chicken.

Calypso Jones
02-20-2021, 05:46 PM
Omgosh. This is unbelievable. She has a cognitively challenged democrat president in office so i guess she'd rather get our focus off that catastrophe. LOLOL

Calypso Jones
02-20-2021, 05:47 PM
At least President Trump can handle a steak If this stupid story is even true. Joe is eating soft foods.

Peter1469
02-20-2021, 05:48 PM
At least President Trump can handle a steak If this stupid story is even true. Joe is eating soft foods.
I hear he likes ice cream.

countryboy
02-20-2021, 05:51 PM
Bring on impeachment part trios!

Mister D
02-20-2021, 05:55 PM
Thank you, Leanne. This one thread, I believe, epitomizes the utter lack of depth of critique when it comes to Donald Trump. The fact that you posted this after he left office adds that extra touch of triviality that only you could deliver.

Peter1469
02-20-2021, 06:03 PM
On the rare occasions that I had guests over for dinner, and I was cooking steak, if someone says they wanted theirs anything more than medium I just substituted chicken without asking them. I even hate cooking to medium.

I won't waste a good steak.

Leanne778
02-20-2021, 06:10 PM

How do you know Joe is eating soft foods?

Hoosier8
02-20-2021, 06:14 PM
That’s what they give the mentally challenged aged so they don’t choke.

Leanne778
02-20-2021, 06:17 PM
That’s what they give the mentally challenged aged so they don’t choke.
Joe's not mentally challenged. How do you know that?

Calypso Jones
02-20-2021, 06:32 PM

leanne. seriously.

Abby08
02-20-2021, 06:34 PM

"You'd" have to be mentally challenged yourself, to NOT see it.

Just my humble opinion.

Hoosier8
02-20-2021, 06:38 PM

LOL, foreign outlets are telling the truth the demedia won’t.

ripmeister
02-20-2021, 06:43 PM
On the rare occasions that I had guests over for dinner, and I was cooking steak, if someone says they wanted theirs anything more than medium I just substituted chicken without asking them. I even hate cooking to medium.

Well done is an absolute sin IMO

Mister D
02-20-2021, 06:44 PM
Well done is an absolute sin IMO
Rush liked his rare. :)

hanger4
02-20-2021, 06:45 PM
Thank you, Leanne. This one thread, I believe, epitomizes the utter lack of depth of critique when it comes to Donald Trump. The fact that you posted this after he left office adds that extra touch of triviality that only you could deliver.

Sorry Mister D, but that post is way over Leanne778 head. Allow me to simplify, Leanne778 this is quite possibly the stupidest thread you've ever posted.

Hoosier8
02-20-2021, 06:51 PM

We once wrote and asked Rush what his favorite single malt scotch was and he wrote back 25 year Glenmorangie (pronounced glenmorangey) $205 at the time now around $700-$800 and our decision was that the 18 year was just as good for a more affordable price.

Mister D
02-20-2021, 06:58 PM
We once wrote to Rush what his favorite single malt scotch was and he wrote back 25 year Glenmorangie (pronounced glenmorangey) $205 at the time now around $700-$800 and our decision was that the 18 year was just as good for a more affordable price.
Glenmorangie 10 Year was the only single malt I honestly ever regretted buying. I drank it and it was OK but the vanilla notes just did not appeal to me. I liker my scotch smoky or peaty like Laphroaig.

countryboy
02-20-2021, 07:05 PM

Medium's good, it's how I like mine. The wife likes medium rare, so it's usually closer to that, lol.

ripmeister
02-20-2021, 07:08 PM
As do I. I want it to still moo.

Peter1469
02-20-2021, 07:20 PM
As do I. I want it to still moo.

Rare. If I am at a really good place- blue.

RMNIXON
02-20-2021, 07:26 PM
Omgosh. This is unbelievable. She has a cognitively challenged democrat president in office so i guess she'd rather get our focus off that catastrophe. LOLOL

If I mocked Leanne making a fake thread like this I bet Pickle would get on my case just like he did in a real thread!

You can't even make this up! :Doh!:

Cotton1
02-20-2021, 07:32 PM
I know the conservatives will freak about this posting...So, his wittle steak is smaller than his companion's. Big deal. His highness wants to be bigger and better than everyone else. So petty. So high and mighty and her highness, the queen, does not want chives and parsley on her fish priced at $64. Atrocious. Ridiculous.

President Donald Trump once complained that a steak he was served at his Washington, DC, hotel restaurant was smaller than the one given to his table companion, the steak house's former executive chef told The Washingtonian. Bill Williamson, then the chef of BLT Prime at the Trump International Hotel, said the two steaks were virtually identical."It was the same steak. Both well done. Maybe it was a half ounce bigger or something, I don't know," Williamson said to The Washingtonian. But after Trump's complaint, Williamson switched from serving the president a filet mignon or bone-in rib eye to a 40-ounce tomahawk, which is larger than all the other steaks offered on the restaurant's menu. The restaurant also ordered special extra-large shrimp for Trump's appetizer dish, The Washingtonian reported.Former first lady Melania Trump was also known to be picky with her food. Williamson said she once returned a plate of Dover sole, a fish that's priced at $64 on the menu, because it was topped with chives and parsley, according to the report. Immediately after he was seated, a waiter would offer him a small bottle of hand sanitizer and ask him whether he'd like his Diet Coke with or without ice. Then the server would open the drink, according to a seven-step instruction manual The Washingtonian obtained, in front of Trump.

The president would have two popovers, then jumbo-shrimp $#@!tail, his signature well-done steak, and fries. He'd sometimes have either apple pie or chocolate cake for dessert, the report said. Trump also required that an assortment of snacks and sweets, including Lay's sour cream and onion potato chips and Milky Way and Snickers bars, be laid out for him.
Trump's red-meat and fast-food-heavy diet (https://www.businessinsider.com/donald-trump-favorite-foods-steak-cake-diet-coke-2019-7?utm_source=yahoo.com&utm_medium=referral) has long attracted attention. His former campaign manager Corey Lewandowski wrote that Trump would regularly eat a 2,400-calorie McDonald's meal (https://www.businessinsider.com/corey-lewandowski-trump-mcdonalds-fast-food-2017-12?utm_source=yahoo.com&utm_medium=referral) consisting of two Big Mac burgers, two Filet-O-Fish sandwiches, and a chocolate milkshake on the campaign trail. In the White House, Trump would often be served two scoops of ice cream (https://www.businessinsider.com/what-does-trump-eat-dinner-2017-5?utm_source=yahoo.com&utm_medium=referral) with his dessert, while his guests received one scoop, Time reported.
Trump complained that he was served a smaller steak than a dining companion at his DC hotel restaurant: report (yahoo.com) (https://news.yahoo.com/trump-complained-served-smaller-steak-165923161.html)

I don't think he was being unreasonable at all.

It's the "Golden Rule " which is " he who has the gold, rules"

Btw. I love potato chips with sour cream.

What a bunch of classless morons.

You dont serve and tell.

I hope he fired all of them.

RMNIXON
02-20-2021, 07:32 PM

How about Joe claiming no vaccine existed before he took office when he (Joe Biden) had the vaccination "before" he took office?

Oh yeah, another minor goof we should dismiss among how many back to back?

nathanbforrest45
02-20-2021, 07:43 PM
Ordered well done....

Get the chicken.

Leave the canolis

nathanbforrest45
02-20-2021, 07:45 PM
How do you know this story is true?

nathanbforrest45
02-20-2021, 07:47 PM
Glenmorangie 10 Year was the only single malt I honestly ever regretted buying. I drank it and it was OK but the vanilla notes just did not appeal to me. I liker my scotch smoky or peaty like Laphroaig.
I hate buying scotch I can't pronounce!!! This is why I always end up with Cutty Sark!

Abby08
02-20-2021, 07:48 PM
How do you know this story is true?

It's about Trump, it must be.

nathanbforrest45
02-20-2021, 07:49 PM
Medium's good, it's how I like mine. The wife likes medium rare, so it's usually closer to that, lol.
You might as well be eating hamburger than to ruin a good piece of beef by cooking it any more well done than medium rare. I also would like to beat those who put steak sauce on a good steak with a well worn baseball bat.

Abby08
02-20-2021, 07:49 PM
How about Joe claiming no vaccine existed before he took office when he (Joe Biden) had the vaccination "before" he took office?

Oh yeah, another minor goof we should dismiss among how many back to back?

Yeah, he forgot he's on video getting the vaccine.

countryboy
02-20-2021, 07:55 PM
You might as well be eating hamburger than to ruin a good piece of beef by cooking it any more well done than medium rare. I also would like to beat those who put steak sauce on a good steak with a well worn baseball bat.
Yeah, who needs personal preference? The government should mandate, and strictly enforce steak doneness, and outlaw any use of steak sauce. Hopefully the child sniffer will sign an Executive Order.

Abby08
02-20-2021, 08:14 PM

Then, I probably shouldn't say what I put on my steak.

Peter1469
02-20-2021, 08:52 PM
The blood of the steak with some sea salt is all that is needed. If it is a good cut.

Leanne778
02-20-2021, 09:55 PM
Sorry Mister D, but that post is way over @Leanne778 (https://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=3475) head. Allow me to simplify, Leanne778 this is quite possibly the stupidest thread you've ever posted.

I hope you like my new unique recipe, they are called Shut the Fucupcakes.

Abby08
02-20-2021, 09:56 PM

Stay classy, Leanne.

Leanne778
02-20-2021, 09:56 PM
It's about Trump, it must be.

You must have missed my climate change post.

Abby08
02-20-2021, 09:58 PM
You must have missed my climate change post.

Was it extra special?

Leanne778
02-20-2021, 09:59 PM

I just got home from The Outback...seriously. Nice steak with A1 steak sauce. Yum.....and you probably couldn't hit any thing.

Leanne778
02-20-2021, 10:00 PM
Was it extra special?
I don't believe the word Trump was in it at all.

hanger4
02-20-2021, 10:12 PM

Well that's certainly an appropriate side dish for stupid threadburgers. :thumbsup:

Abby08
02-20-2021, 10:14 PM
I don't believe the word Trump was in it at all.

OMG!!!!!! how did you resist??????

Abby08
02-20-2021, 10:15 PM
Well that's certainly an appropriate side dish for stupid threadburgers. :thumbsup:

Isn't she a gem?

carolina73
02-20-2021, 10:17 PM
As if his chef would be spilling this story to the media. It is 100% prime bull shit.

Abby08
02-20-2021, 10:22 PM
As if his chef would be spilling this story to the media. It is 100% prime bull $#@!.

As long as it's about Trump, you'll hear it here first, from Leanne.....true or not.

Leanne778
02-20-2021, 10:29 PM
OMG!!!!!! how did you resist??????

You could read between the lines though.....:smiley_ROFLMAO:

Leanne778
02-20-2021, 10:33 PM
As if his chef would be spilling this story to the media. It is 100% prime bull $#@!.
He's the former executive chef...what sh it does he have to give about telling stories about Trump and his eating habits?

Leanne778
02-20-2021, 10:34 PM
As long as it's about Trump, you'll hear it here first, from Leanne.....true or not.
You will hear it here first from me....mostly true or my opinion.

Captdon
02-20-2021, 10:37 PM
It's what demented old men do. He probably doesn't know the difference.

carolina73
02-20-2021, 10:41 PM
He's the former executive chef...what sh it does he have to give about telling stories about Trump and his eating habits?

I noticed you do not even show a date this miss-steak occurred. Is this a Blasse Ford story?

The Booman
02-20-2021, 10:42 PM
This has got be the biggest story since ever. Even bigger than the time the pub ran out of crisps. The Kennedy assassination, WW II, Vietnam, the fall of the Soviet Union pale in comparison to President Trump and his dinner.

Abby08
02-20-2021, 10:44 PM
You will hear it here first from me....mostly true or my opinion.

Most of it not true or, taken out of context.

Leanne778
02-20-2021, 11:09 PM
I noticed you do not even show a date this miss-steak occurred. Is this a Blasse Ford story?
oh you want an exact date this occurred? Anytime during the year. Come on Carolina....holy crap.

Abby08
02-20-2021, 11:16 PM
If it's MY hotel? They better give me the bigger steak.

The Booman
02-20-2021, 11:18 PM
Or the entire cow! With fries.

Leanne778
02-20-2021, 11:29 PM
How petty.

Abby08
02-20-2021, 11:35 PM
How petty.

You are completely without humor.

Don't you ever just, cut loose and, act.....human?!

donttread
02-21-2021, 07:31 AM

The president would have two popovers, then jumbo-shrimp cocktail, his signature well-done steak, and fries. He'd sometimes have either apple pie or chocolate cake for dessert, the report said. Trump also required that an assortment of snacks and sweets, including Lay's sour cream and onion potato chips and Milky Way and Snickers bars, be laid out for him.

Seriously? You are down to bashing trump for sending food back in a restaurant? Run out of fake accusations? Hell Biden probably was fine with the food but asked the waitress to bring her 12 year old daughter over to the table!

DGUtley
02-21-2021, 08:58 AM
Remember the number of times Rachel Madcow said they would perp walk Trump - and the leftists believed her? Rarely, if ever, believe what former employees say.

countryboy
02-21-2021, 10:03 AM
How petty.

Yes, I agree, your thread is QUITE petty.

donttread
02-21-2021, 11:08 AM
OMG, the left just canít move on. Trump living 24/7 rent free in their little heads.

Must PUNISH non-insider who took power. Must punish how he embarrassed Donekphant by actually getting things done!!!! Must Punish

Hoosier8
02-21-2021, 01:22 PM
My favorite is Lapgroaig 10 year Cask Strength. A completely different animal and very very good. Last time I bought it at $55, now it’s around $89. Had the delight of a dram of Laphroaig 40 year in Scotland. It was $1,800 at the distillery US rate and about $800 at the airport. Wish I had picked it up. Ended up with a Glen Garioch 16 which turned out to be pretty good. The 10 year was not good.

Hoosier8
02-21-2021, 01:31 PM
Must PUNISH non-insider who took power. Must punish how he embarrassed Donekphant by actually getting things done!!!! Must Punish
Exactly. Now Biden is declaring war on military members and the police. Biden has turned the capitol into a police state and announced to world leaders that Americans will not come first. Sad state of affairs.

Abby08
02-21-2021, 01:46 PM
Exactly. Now Biden is declaring war on military members and the police. Biden has turned the capitol into a police state and announced to world leaders that Americans will not come first. Sad state of affairs.

Sounds to me, there's grounds to start impeachment proceedings.

The Booman
02-21-2021, 01:50 PM
What exactly will the democrats run on in 2024? "Want more of this?"

The Booman
02-21-2021, 03:21 PM
In other news President Trump became enraged after counting his chips and discovered he had been given two less than the Mayor of Reykjavik at dinner Thursday night. We begin bombing in twenty minutes.

Leanne778
02-21-2021, 03:31 PM
Yes, I agree, your thread is QUITE petty.

And here you are posting on it. Pffft.

Cotton1
02-21-2021, 03:36 PM
My favorite is Lapgroaig 10 year Cask Strength. A completely different animal and very very good. Last time I bought it at $55, now it’s around $89. Had the delight of a dram of Laphroaig 40 year in Scotland. It was $1,800 at the distillery US rate and about $800 at the airport. Wish I had picked it up. Ended up with a Glen Garioch 16 which turned out to be pretty good. The 10 year was not good.

Is it even better than a $3 bottle of Boones Farm wine?

August was a good month, you know :)