PDA

View Full Version : This makes me angry

freecell
07-05-2011, 11:04 PM
http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/9822511/

Being an officer isn't a joke. Too many of law-biding citizens are victimized. My dad was a cop when I was young and this makes me sick.

MMC
07-06-2011, 08:39 AM
Every day life here in Chicago FC.....just sayin.

Conley
07-06-2011, 08:54 AM
weird story

were the civilians speeding? they said the trial lawyer was texting while driving, that's illegal here in CA, not sure about there

there are a lot of good reasons to not piss off cops, one being if you do they can just follow you until you screw up (rolling stop, cell phone, 5 mph over speed limit, etc).

9 out of 10 cops i've dealt with personally have been great

MMC
07-06-2011, 08:59 AM
80-20% Here CL.....

Conley
07-06-2011, 09:02 AM
sounds about right....your streets are / were rougher than mine ;)

MMC
07-06-2011, 09:25 AM
Yeah big cities more people.....harder to catch on who should or shouldn't be a cop. Usually it wrings out tho. Still always after the fact.

Conley
07-06-2011, 09:28 AM
yeah...when i was younger and getting in trouble i wasn't so much of a fan ;D

...now i'm on the other side and have to call them from time to time.

Mister D
07-06-2011, 12:59 PM
I wasn't fond of the police when I younger. For some reason, they were very aggressive back in the 1990s. I'm pretty sure I've gotten pulled over several times for "swerving" which means that they saw a kid at night and thought they'd take a chnace and see if he's drunk. The most irritatign aspect of that is I didn;t have my first drink until I 19. There I am getting a drunk test on a bridge overlooking the Garden State Parkwat thinking to myself that I've never even had a drink...EVER(!). Now I respect law enforcement a lot more but what bothers me now is the insular community they establish for themselves. Cops hang with cops. That's widely known and it's not good for society.

Conley
07-06-2011, 01:49 PM
Yeah I had problems as a teen as well. Granted in one instance I was completely shnookered. But I was walking, minding my own business and not making any kind of disturbance. The cop just drove behind me for a while when I was walking down the street. Dude was a huge ass and well known to terrorize teens. He was a young guy in his 20s who had gone to the same high school and been bullied non stop according to the stories.

Mister D
07-06-2011, 02:25 PM
Yeah I had problems as a teen as well. Granted in one instance I was completely shnookered. But I was walking, minding my own business and not making any kind of disturbance. The cop just drove behind me for a while when I was walking down the street. Dude was a huge ass and well known to terrorize teens. He was a young guy in his 20s who had gone to the same high school and been bullied non stop according to the stories.

:D Yeah, that sucks. You get those types. In the suburbs it's a political job meaning you have to get strings pulled.

MMC
07-06-2011, 03:30 PM

A lot of them from around my region are that way. Always were picked on etc etc. When I came home from overseas I vowed to wear my cap out in public with my Rank on. It's black and Gold and Says Ranger on it....

I want them to know that if we go down that road of You Don't need 2 Know Basis..... that it's not just some sheep off the street. Get out of pocket even with that badge they got trouble and not the kind they like.

NEW Dr. Dre feat. Eminem - Need-2-Know Basis (2011 DETOX!!!) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LvQJBxl0NT8#ws)
besides Most tactical Cops are Ex Special Forces.....and I don't have to worry about them ;D lol

freecell
07-06-2011, 07:11 PM
I was over a friends house years ago and their son came in and was out of control. He was around 20 and had been drinking and had to have been on something. He grabbed a knife and tried to cut his dad and threatened his mom. Talking out of his head and the dad went over and held him down while the mom called the cops. When the cops got there because his dad was holding him down they asked if the son wanted to press charges because they said you can't restrain a person. Stupidest thing I had ever heard and the dad was not hurting his son.

MMC
07-06-2011, 07:18 PM
Yeah and around here kids also call DCFS on their parents too, Dept Children and Family Services. Where they will come and separate families Even until they can figure things out.

Conley
07-06-2011, 07:19 PM
wow, that is terrible. it's a good thing the dad was able to restrain his kid. cops need to get the facts before they assume too much and just jump into the mix. i had a few times when my temper got the better of me and my dad tried to hold me down but he was smaller than i was...i wasn't violent though, just crazy. not on drugs either, just being a regular pain in the ass teen >:D

MMC
07-06-2011, 07:34 PM
wow, that is terrible. it's a good thing the dad was able to restrain his kid. cops need to get the facts before they assume too much and just jump into the mix. i had a few times when my temper got the better of me and my dad tried to hold me down but he was smaller than i was...i wasn't violent though, just crazy. not on drugs either, just being a regular pain in the ass teen >:D

Supertramp "The Logical Song" with Lyrics (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CP1uNzcOLHI#)
Uh oh.....I think that warrants some reumedumacation. :-*

DGUtley
05-03-2023, 07:13 AM
Getting behind the 10-below-the-limit driver when I'm trying to get home to catch a game.
The D's refusing to go back to the "draconian" spending limits of 2022.

DGUtley
05-03-2023, 08:08 AM
Someone throwing the word "discrimination" around every time there's a result they don't like.