PDA

View Full Version : tPF "Back to normal" anxiety is more common than you might think...

DGUtley
03-24-2021, 06:01 AM
"Back to normal" anxiety is more common than you might think... (https://www.menshealth.com/health/a35841363/return-of-anxiety-fomo/?utm_source=pocket&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=pockethits)

Shutdown orders of pretty much everything for the past year managed to shut down something plenty of guys didn’t miss: anxiety. Without events, parties, meetings, and must-see places to miss out on, FOMO—the Fear of Missing Out—was wiped out, too. In my psychiatry practice, I saw more people than ever who were struggling with feeling isolated, and I saw plenty of new cases of depression and anxiety. But none of my patients ever complained about FOMO. Now that the world is turning on again, FOMO is returning with a vengeance, and it’s freaking a lot of guys out.

FOMO isn’t an official psychiatric diagnosis, but it may as well be, because I hear patients describe symptoms of it all the time. It’s when you feel that you always have to be connected, or plugged into what’s happening around you, and when you’re not, you feel like you’re falling behind, in life or at work.

:deadhorse::rofl::glasses9:

https://www.menshealth.com/health/a35841363/return-of-anxiety-fomo/?utm_source=pocket&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=pockethits

Peter1469
03-24-2021, 06:04 AM
Goes well with my anti-lockdown thread.

stjames1_53
03-24-2021, 08:05 AM
Those who are totally terrified of COVID will scream like a Karen at those who move on past this.
It has not impacted my life that much. I have been out and about for the past year, conducting my business as usual.
We are getting out of jail o April 6th. No mask, no more social distancing, but you can be some people are going to stay with the original Fauci Program and wear two masks AFTER getting the vaccine.
They wont stop until Joe* gives the "All Clear" alert. (referencing The Time Machine.)