PDA

View Full Version : Dairy consumption is associated with prostate cancer

Trumpster
03-26-2021, 03:13 PM
This applies to all forms of dairy but high fat dairy is thought to promote a more aggressive form of cancer.

https://www.google.com/search?q=dairy+consumption+associated+with+aggress ive+form+of+prostate+cancer&rlz=1C1GCEU_enUS946US946&ei=uz1eYIy_PIqs5wLExJbgDw&oq=dairy+consumption+associated+with+aggressive+fo rm+of+prostate+cancer&gs_lcp=

Dairy promotes what forms of cancer and other diseases?

https://www.google.com/search?q=Dairy+promotes+what+forms+of+cancer%3F&rlz=1C1GCEU_enUS946US946&ei=wT9eYJDrG4ye5gKo8r7IDQ&oq=Dairy+promotes+what+forms+of+cancer%3F&gs_lcp=Cgdnd3Mtd2l6EAwyBQghEKsCOgcIABBHELADOgcIABC wAxBDOgoIABCxAxCDARBDOggIABCxAxCDAToECAAQQzoCCAA6B QgAELEDOggILhCxAxCDAToICAAQ6gIQjwE6CwguELEDEMcBEKM COg4ILhCxAxCDARDHARCjAjoICC4QxwEQowI6BQgAEMkDOgUIA BCSAzoHCAAQsQMQQzoECAAQCjoFCAAQhgM6BggAEBYQHjoICC4 QxwEQrwE6CgguELEDEIMBEEM6AgguOhAILhCxAxDHARCjAhBDE JMCOgcILhCxAxBDOgoIABCxAxDJAxBDOggILhCxAxCTAjoICAA QFhAKEB46BwghEAoQoAE6CAghEBYQHRAeOgUIIRCgAVCpEliH1 AFg5ukBaBdwAngAgAH8AYgBzySSAQY2MC4yLjGYAQCgAQGqAQd nd3Mtd2l6sAEKyAEKwAEB&sclient=gws-wiz&ved=0ahUKEwjQz9aC4s7vAhUMj1kKHSi5D9kQ4dUDCA0

The risks of low fat dairy:

https://www.google.com/search?q=The+risks+of+low+fat+dairy&rlz=1C1GCEU_enUS946US946&ei=wkBeYNGmIO-I5wKhz62wBA&oq=The+risks+of+low+fat+dairy&gs_lcp=Cgdnd3Mtd2l6EAwyCAghEBYQHRAeMggIIRAWEB0QHjI ICCEQFhAdEB4yCAghEBYQHRAeOgcIABBHELADOgYIABAWEB46B QgAEIYDOggIABDqAhCPAToFCAAQkQI6CAgAELEDEIMBOgsILhC xAxDHARCjAjoFCAAQsQM6BQguELEDOgQIABBDOgQILhBDOgIIA DoCCC46CAguELEDEIMBOgUIABDJAzoHCC4QsQMQQzoKCC4QxwE QowIQQzoICC4QxwEQrwE6CAguELEDEJMCUPeeAlilkANgoKoDa AJwAngCgAGbAYgB_x-SAQQ0NC42mAEAoAEBqgEHZ3dzLXdperABCsgBCMABAQ&sclient=gws-wiz&ved=0ahUKEwjRj6H94s7vAhVvxFkKHaFnC0YQ4dUDCA0

Mister D
03-26-2021, 03:18 PM
There is no good evidence that milk and dairy cause cancer
Eating and drinking these products can reduce the risk of bowel cancer
Some studies suggest that eating large amounts of dairy could be linked to an increased risk of prostate cancer – but more research is needed
Can milk and dairy products cause cancer? | Cancer Research UK (https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/causes-of-cancer/cancer-myths/can-milk-and-dairy-products-cause-cancer)

Many studies have examined the relationship between dairy consumption and cancer.
Some studies indicate that dairy may protect against cancer, while others suggest that dairy may increase cancer risk.

Does Dairy Cause or Prevent Cancer? An Objective Look (healthline.com) (https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/dairy-and-cancer)

Thanks for the info.

Dr. Who
03-26-2021, 03:36 PM
https://youtu.be/EM2MGN_w4sU

Trumpster
03-26-2021, 03:40 PM
Some studies suggest that eating large amounts of dairy could be linked to an increased risk of prostate cancer – but more research is needed
Can milk and dairy products cause cancer? | Cancer Research UK (https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/causes-of-cancer/cancer-myths/can-milk-and-dairy-products-cause-cancer)

Many studies have examined the relationship between dairy consumption and cancer.
Some studies indicate that dairy may protect against cancer, while others suggest that dairy may increase cancer risk.

Does Dairy Cause or Prevent Cancer? An Objective Look (healthline.com) (https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/dairy-and-cancer)

Thanks for the info.

I will have to look into this further because I have two cancer journals published by The American Cancer society that say dairy is a risk for prostate cancer.

Mister D
03-26-2021, 03:42 PM
I will have to look into this further because I have two cancer journals published by The American Cancer society that say dairy is a risk for prostate cancer.
A word of advice: stop worrying so much.

Peter1469
03-26-2021, 04:43 PM
Do some studies with raw milk.

carolina73
03-26-2021, 04:43 PM
The words are still "everything in moderation".

Mister D
03-26-2021, 05:19 PM

Excessive amounts of anything, including vegetables, is probably not wise. I don't understand what's so hard about nutrition for so many people.

countryboy
03-26-2021, 06:40 PM
This applies to all forms of dairy but high fat dairy is thought to promote a more aggressive form of cancer.

https://www.google.com/search?q=dairy+consumption+associated+with+aggress ive+form+of+prostate+cancer&rlz=1C1GCEU_enUS946US946&ei=uz1eYIy_PIqs5wLExJbgDw&oq=dairy+consumption+associated+with+aggressive+fo rm+of+prostate+cancer&gs_lcp=

Dairy promotes what forms of cancer and other diseases?

https://www.google.com/search?q=Dairy+promotes+what+forms+of+cancer%3F&rlz=1C1GCEU_enUS946US946&ei=wT9eYJDrG4ye5gKo8r7IDQ&oq=Dairy+promotes+what+forms+of+cancer%3F&gs_lcp=Cgdnd3Mtd2l6EAwyBQghEKsCOgcIABBHELADOgcIABC wAxBDOgoIABCxAxCDARBDOggIABCxAxCDAToECAAQQzoCCAA6B QgAELEDOggILhCxAxCDAToICAAQ6gIQjwE6CwguELEDEMcBEKM COg4ILhCxAxCDARDHARCjAjoICC4QxwEQowI6BQgAEMkDOgUIA BCSAzoHCAAQsQMQQzoECAAQCjoFCAAQhgM6BggAEBYQHjoICC4 QxwEQrwE6CgguELEDEIMBEEM6AgguOhAILhCxAxDHARCjAhBDE JMCOgcILhCxAxBDOgoIABCxAxDJAxBDOggILhCxAxCTAjoICAA QFhAKEB46BwghEAoQoAE6CAghEBYQHRAeOgUIIRCgAVCpEliH1 AFg5ukBaBdwAngAgAH8AYgBzySSAQY2MC4yLjGYAQCgAQGqAQd nd3Mtd2l6sAEKyAEKwAEB&sclient=gws-wiz&ved=0ahUKEwjQz9aC4s7vAhUMj1kKHSi5D9kQ4dUDCA0

The risks of low fat dairy:

https://www.google.com/search?q=The+risks+of+low+fat+dairy&rlz=1C1GCEU_enUS946US946&ei=wkBeYNGmIO-I5wKhz62wBA&oq=The+risks+of+low+fat+dairy&gs_lcp=Cgdnd3Mtd2l6EAwyCAghEBYQHRAeMggIIRAWEB0QHjI ICCEQFhAdEB4yCAghEBYQHRAeOgcIABBHELADOgYIABAWEB46B QgAEIYDOggIABDqAhCPAToFCAAQkQI6CAgAELEDEIMBOgsILhC xAxDHARCjAjoFCAAQsQM6BQguELEDOgQIABBDOgQILhBDOgIIA DoCCC46CAguELEDEIMBOgUIABDJAzoHCC4QsQMQQzoKCC4QxwE QowIQQzoICC4QxwEQrwE6CAguELEDEJMCUPeeAlilkANgoKoDa AJwAngCgAGbAYgB_x-SAQQ0NC42mAEAoAEBqgEHZ3dzLXdperABCsgBCMABAQ&sclient=gws-wiz&ved=0ahUKEwjRj6H94s7vAhVvxFkKHaFnC0YQ4dUDCA0

Nice try, why not be honest and just say cow farts are destroying the planet?

countryboy
03-26-2021, 06:43 PM
https://youtu.be/EM2MGN_w4sU

I'm a huge fan of Joe Jackson.

Trumpster
03-27-2021, 09:42 AM
That's true, that's why I was careful not to say that it does. Instead I took care to use the words "risk, promote", and "associated with". When it comes to cancer, the word "cause' has a different meaning

No comment on that for now as that was not part of my topic. Perhaps in another thread.

That could be true with a caveat or two. Most studies, concerning food products, are funded and/or promoted by industry.

(https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/causes-of-cancer/cancer-myths/can-milk-and-dairy-products-cause-cancer)

So far, I favor the studies that "suggest that dairy may increase cancer risk."

Peter1469
03-27-2021, 09:49 AM
That's true, that's why I was careful not to say that it does. Instead I took care to use the words "risk, promote", and "associated with". When it comes to cancer, the word "cause' has a different meaning

No comment on that for now as that was not part of my topic. Perhaps in another thread.

That could be true with a caveat or two. Most studies, concerning food products, are funded and/or promoted by industry.

(https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/causes-of-cancer/cancer-myths/can-milk-and-dairy-products-cause-cancer)

A lot of people have gastro issues; I expect they would be better to stay away from milk.

slackercruster
03-27-2021, 12:58 PM
How much dairy? A cup a day does it or 3 cups?

slackercruster
03-27-2021, 01:00 PM
Nice try, why not be honest and just say cow farts are destroying the planet?
When the dems run out of killing cows...it will be the human farts will that have to go.

countryboy
03-27-2021, 01:05 PM
When the dems run out of killing cows...it will be the human farts will that have to go.
Soylent Green time.

https://64.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mb8hzgI0mp1qh1w6ho1_r2_400.gif

Peter1469
03-27-2021, 01:31 PM
I suspect it depends on whether you are sensitive to it or not.

Mister D
03-27-2021, 02:12 PM

Some studies suggest a link between large amounts of dairy and an increased risk of prostate cancer. Shrug. If you like dairy, this is no reason to avoid it.

Actually, you edited your comment to include a discussion of other forms of cancer and other diseases. Perhaps you're being a little dishonest now?

Of course you favor studies that support your biases. That's only natural.

Mister D
03-27-2021, 02:13 PM
Whatever they mean by "large amounts".

Peter1469
03-27-2021, 02:14 PM
Whatever they mean by "large amounts".
I put 1 cup in my protein shake. Then add juice or water if more liquid is needed.

Mister D
03-27-2021, 02:19 PM
I put 1 cup in my protein shake. Then add juice or water if more liquid is needed.
I'll typically have a serving of filtered milk (higher protein, lower sugar) and a serving of Greek yogurt or Skyr. I try to incorporate those foods into meals that are otherwise just grains and vegetables. The protein from plants is not just incomplete and lower in key amino acids. It's also difficult to digest so you're kidding yourself if you think al of the protein from your whole wheat spaghetti or brown rice is bioavailable, It's not.

Peter1469
03-27-2021, 02:29 PM
I'll typically have a serving of filtered milk (higher protein, lower sugar) and a serving of Greek yogurt or Skyr. I try to incorporate those foods into meals that are otherwise just grains and vegetables. The protein from plants is not just incomplete and lower in key amino acids. It's also difficult to digest so you're kidding yourself if you think al of the protein from your whole wheat spaghetti or brown rice is bioavailable, It's not.
Exactly.

Not to offend, but the vast majority of vegan photos on the Internet are not of men I would follow, well, anywhere. They are not inspiring to say the least. But I am biased because I actually led men in combat. And that actually "circles back" to the other thread where I posted my body fat percentage - you don't get through the stress of combat at the body-building dream of very low body fat (like 11% and under). You need those fat stores for an instance energy source.

The milk for me is limited these days. A lot of calories for too little nutrition (even the "organic" stuff around here is so processed as to be only extra vitamin D. And I supplement with a good source for that.)

countryboy
03-27-2021, 02:45 PM
Exactly.

Not to offend, but the vast majority of vegan photos on the Internet are not of men I would follow, well, anywhere. They are not inspiring to say the least. But I am biased because I actually led men in combat. And that actually "circles back" to the other thread where I posted my body fat percentage - you don't get through the stress of combat at the body-building dream of very low body fat (like 11% and under). You need those fat stores for an instance energy source.

The milk for me is limited these days. A lot of calories for too little nutrition (even the "organic" stuff around here is so processed as to be only extra vitamin D. And I supplement with a good source for that.)

I lost my taste for milk years ago. But I do eat a lot of cheese, because I love the taste.

Peter1469
03-27-2021, 02:52 PM
I lost my taste for milk years ago. But I do eat a lot of cheese, because I love the taste.
I like cheese a lot. And it is like wine. Different cheese for a different environment. But to simplify things I prefer goat cheese.

countryboy
03-27-2021, 02:59 PM
I like cheese a lot. And it is like wine. Different cheese for a different environment. But to simplify things I prefer goat cheese.

Goat cheese is wonderful, especially on Mexican food. My standard every day cheese is extra sharp cheddar. I really like the Cabot line of cheddars. I used to eat some fancy cheeses like Brie, but haven't done so in a while. I may have to revisit.

Peter1469
03-27-2021, 03:04 PM
Goat cheese is wonderful, especially on Mexican food. My standard every day cheese is extra sharp cheddar. I really like the Cabot line of cheddars. I used to eat some fancy cheeses like Brie, but haven't done so in a while. I may have to revisit.

I am not a fan of the Cabot but won't kick it to the side. There is so many choices with cheese that you just have to experiment.

And my cheese choice depends entirely on my mood.

countryboy
03-27-2021, 03:32 PM
I am not a fan of the Cabot but won't kick it to the side. There is so many choices with cheese that you just have to experiment.

And my cheese choice depends entirely on my mood.

I find with Cabot, the two pound blocks are much tastier than the 12 oz packages. Believe it or not, Kraft extra sharp is one of my favorites. Very consistently good.

Mister D
03-27-2021, 03:43 PM
Exactly.

I've joked before that I would be one of the first to die in a survival situation.

Honestly, I only drink it for the extra protein. I enjoy yogurt but I would buy milk only for cereal if I didn't think I needed the protein supplement. I drink the Fairlife Non-Fat. It's lactose free too but I didn't even notice when I first started buying it.

https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-HGff_gGdb_o/WX_CenAXBdI/AAAAAAAARVU/khyqY7feesY-05EX3zXp94lQCck4Xg9tQCLcBGAs/s1600/Fairlife%2BFat%2BFree.png

Mister D
03-27-2021, 03:45 PM
I like cheese, especially with pasta, but the calories add up fast with cheese.

countryboy
03-27-2021, 03:49 PM
I've joked before that I would be one of the first to die in a survival situation.

Honestly, I only drink it for the extra protein. I enjoy yogurt but I would buy milk only for cereal if I didn't think I needed the protein supplement. I drink the Fairlife Non-Fat. It's lactose free too but I didn't even notice when I first started buying it.

https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-HGff_gGdb_o/WX_CenAXBdI/AAAAAAAARVU/khyqY7feesY-05EX3zXp94lQCck4Xg9tQCLcBGAs/s1600/Fairlife%2BFat%2BFree.png

I eat cereal dry. Bite of cereal, sip of coffee, repeat.

Mister D
03-27-2021, 03:50 PM
I eat cereal dry. Bite of cereal, sip of coffee, repeat.
I have but only when I forget to buy milk which has happened.

Trumpster
03-29-2021, 09:24 AM
Do some studies with raw milk.

How would you expect raw milk to be less of a risk for cancer?

Peter1469
03-29-2021, 09:28 AM
How would you expect raw milk to be less of a risk for cancer?
Because it still has the beneficial bacteria in it that is good for digestive health.

Trumpster
03-29-2021, 09:34 AM
Soylent Green time.

I believe "Soylent Green", being a processed meat, would be similar to beef jerky or deli meats and therefore would be a higher risk for cancer.

Trumpster
03-29-2021, 09:42 AM

So you could have a Coke on Monday, a Pepsi on Tue., a Root Beer on Wed., a Dr. Pepper on Thur. and therefore each brand would be consumed in moderation.

Peter1469
03-29-2021, 09:46 AM
So you could have a Coke on Monday, a Pepsi on Tue., a Root Beer on Wed., a Dr. Pepper on Thur. and therefore each brand would be consumed in moderation.

Yet they all contain HFCS which is very bad for you.

countryboy
03-29-2021, 09:48 AM
I believe "Soylent Green", being a processed meat, would be similar to beef jerky or deli meats and therefore would be a higher risk for cancer.

Point, missed.

Mister D
03-29-2021, 09:49 AM
Because it still has the beneficial bacteria in it that is good for digestive health.
All dairy is thought to reduce the risk of colon cancer.

Mister D
03-29-2021, 09:50 AM
Another point missed.

Trumpster
03-29-2021, 10:09 AM

There's a book titled "The China Study" by T. Colin Campbell PhD., copyright 2004 or 2005. The author grew up on a dairy farm where they had access to lots of raw milk, and his father died from an aggressive form of prostate cancer. But the author was still a big believer in consuming lots of animal protein. He became a professor and taught nutrition to medical students where he reinforced the importance of getting enough dietary animal protein of all forms.

However, while a volunteer in a foreign country, something happened to make him wonder. So he started doing some controlled experiments. And that lead to a lifetime study of animal protein. The small-animal experiments were so convincing that he ended up being the lead doctor in a 20+ year, large-scale, human population study. And at the end of his career he wrote one book to explain what he had learned: That was "The China Study". And believe it or not, it had absolutely nothing to do with politics.

During those 20+ years he published over 100 papers in well respected peer-reviewed journals.

That book will explain why "beneficial bacteria" and "good digestive health" has nothing to do with the cancer issue.

Trumpster
03-29-2021, 10:15 AM
Another point missed.

Like Rush Limbaugh said: "Being absurd to illustrate absurdity." Moderation means something different to every person and therefore is meaningless.

Trumpster
03-29-2021, 10:30 AM
Some studies suggest a link between large amounts of dairy and an increased risk of prostate cancer. Shrug. If you like dairy, this is no reason to avoid it.

Actually, you edited your comment to include a discussion of other forms of cancer and other diseases. Perhaps you're being a little dishonest now?

Of course you favor studies that support your biases. That's only natural.

No, not dishonest, I was just in a hurry and didn't feel as though I had enough time to go into the likely cause of colon cancer.

Perhaps the biggest mistake I made is trying to deal with one type of cancer at a time when it all relates to the consumption of animal protein. And the latest author includes carbs and insulin which further complicates things.

Trumpster
03-29-2021, 10:37 AM
Yet they all contain HFCS which is very bad for you.

Right. My mother believed in moderation. She would have a few cookies for dessert one day, a donut the next, and then ice cream or a piece of pie the following day and so on.

Peter1469
03-29-2021, 10:38 AM
Right. My mother believed in moderation. She would have a few cookies for dessert one day, a donut the next, and then ice cream or a piece of pie the following day and so on.
That is not a very correct use of the principal of moderation.

Trumpster
03-29-2021, 10:52 AM

True, but it's surprising how many times I have heard someone make that statement on a message board. That kind of statement makes the food industry jump up and down with joy. I believe a lot of such statements originate with the food industry.

Another one is: "There's plenty of room in a healthy diet for ALL kinds of foods." How's that for not making any sense? In other words, if you eat a healthy diet you will have room for all kinds of unhealthy foods. But then you're not eating a healthy diet.

Mister D
03-29-2021, 10:52 AM
No, not dishonest, I was just in a hurry and didn't feel as though I had enough time to go into the likely cause of colon cancer.

Perhaps the biggest mistake I made is trying to deal with one type of cancer at a time when it all relates to the consumption of animal protein. And the latest author includes carbs and insulin which further complicates things.
That's not the point. Other forms of cancer and other diseases were in fact the topic. You made them the topic.

If you're worried about getting cancer from animal protein don't eat it. Shrug. As I pointed out before, there are a large number of causes and anything related to diet is but one.

Mister D
03-29-2021, 10:53 AM
Strictly forbidding "bad" foods (does such a thing even exist?) is a sure way to destroy your diet. Terrible advice. Eat in moderation.

Mister D
03-29-2021, 10:59 AM
Like Rush Limbaugh said: "Being absurd to illustrate absurdity." Moderation means something different to every person and therefore is meaningless.
No, you were just being absurd. Obviously, a few sodas a week may be perfectly fine for one person but not for another. Likewise, one person can consume more calories than another on a regular basis. That eating in moderation is a general guideline that will be impacted by individual factors is obvious to everyone...including you. Quite frankly, I think you're being dishonest again.

Mister D
03-29-2021, 10:59 AM
and he knows it.

Trumpster
03-29-2021, 11:08 AM
That's not the point. Other forms of cancer and other diseases were in fact the topic. You made them the topic.

I put all forms of cancer on the table now but you're still not happy.

If you're worried about getting cancer from animal protein don't eat it. Shrug. As I pointed out before, there are a large number of causes and anything related to diet is but one.

This thread is not about my state of mind and whether or not I'm worried.

You say there are a large number of causes but I was not talking about things that cause cancer.

If you want to talk about a large number of things that cause cancer then start your own thread and have that be the topic.

Trumpster
03-29-2021, 11:13 AM
and he knows it.

Absolutely, what I know and what Peter knows is that there's no specificity. It's open ended and meaningless.

Peter1469
03-29-2021, 11:15 AM
Absolutely, what I know and what Peter knows is that there's no specificity. It's open ended and meaningless.
It isn't open ended if you correctly apply the concept.

If someone told me they were moderating soda drinking by drinking different brands, I would assume that they were either joking, or they were fooling themselves.

Trumpster
03-29-2021, 11:17 AM
Strictly forbidding "bad" foods (does such a thing even exist?) is a sure way to destroy your diet. Terrible advice. Eat in moderation.

You must have attended the Rush Limbaugh School of Nutrition.

Mister D
03-29-2021, 11:17 AM
Not if applied correctly and...honestly. Poor form.

Mister D
03-29-2021, 11:18 AM
You must have attended the Rush Limbaugh School of Nutrition.
lol Now you're just flailing. You need more heme iron. And lay off those phytoestrogens.

Mister D
03-29-2021, 11:19 AM

If someone told me they were moderating soda drinking by drinking different brands, I would assume that they were either joking, or they were fooling themselves.
Of course it isn't. His soda response was either very stupid or dishonest. The latter is more likely.

Mister D
03-29-2021, 11:21 AM
I put all forms of cancer on the table now but you're still not happy.

This thread is not about my state of mind and whether or not I'm worried.

You say there are a large number of causes but I was not talking about things that cause cancer.

If you want to talk about a large number of things that cause cancer then start your own thread and have that be the topic.
Yes, you put all forms of cancer on the table and then denied doing so. Why do you keep lying?

I'll do as I please and you'll like it.

Trumpster
03-29-2021, 11:29 AM

carolina 73 said, The words are still "everything in moderation."

Is that not open ended?
'

Peter1469
03-29-2021, 11:30 AM
carolina 73 said, The words are still "everything in moderation."

Is that not open ended?
'

It depends on how you apply the term moderation.

Trumpster
03-29-2021, 11:31 AM
Yes, you put all forms of cancer on the table and then denied doing so. Why do you keep lying?

I'll do as I please and you'll like it.

Why are you so ignorant about health and nutrition? Don't get mad at me because of your own ignorance.

Trumpster
03-29-2021, 11:34 AM
It depends on how you apply the term moderation.

So you're saying it was meaningless because it was not stated how the term was being applied.

Peter1469
03-29-2021, 11:34 AM
So you're saying it was meaningless because it was not stated how the term was being applied.
No.

Mister D
03-29-2021, 11:55 AM
No.
By his logic, urging moderation in anything would be open ended and meaningless.

Mister D
03-29-2021, 11:57 AM
Why are you so ignorant about health and nutrition? Don't get mad at me because of your own ignorance.
You got caught lying. Don't blame me.

And don't blame me that this stupid thread blew up on in your gaunt, vegan face. lol