PDA

View Full Version : Putin Loses an Ally in Voting Fraud

Conley
12-14-2011, 09:24 AM
MOSCOW — The chairman of Russia’s ruling party, United Russia, resigned from his post as speaker of the lower house of Parliament on Wednesday, an apparent effort to quell some of the uproar over perceived fraud in recent parliamentary elections.

The chairman, Boris V. Gryzlov, is the highest ranking official in United Russia after Vladimir V. Putin, who serves as the party’s leader but is not a member. Intensely loyal to Mr. Putin during his eight years as speaker, Mr. Gryzlov played a crucial role in pacifying the Russian Parliament or Duma, which he once famously said “was no place for political battles.”

Mr. Gryzlov’s decision underscores the pressure on United Russia, which lost its constitutional majority in elections this month, officially gaining 50 percent of the vote. But even that result has been called into question amid widespread accusations that the party engaged in ballot stuffing and other fraud.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/12/15/world/europe/putin-ally-boris-gryzlov-resigns-as-speaker-of-russia-parliament.html?_r=1&hp

That is huge and equivalent to an admission of wrong doing...they're trying to pacify the protestors with a scapegoat to preserve Putin.

MMC
12-14-2011, 09:47 AM
Yep.....and I heard Medvedev is trying to do his best to quell some of the unrest over it. IMO Putin will sacrifice as many as it takes. Just as long as he can rub elbows with the Big Boys.

ritchie
12-14-2011, 01:32 PM
This will be like the protest in China. Stomped out with extreme prejudice. You won't be hearing about either one in a couple weeks.

Mister D
12-14-2011, 02:13 PM
This will be like the protest in China. Stomped out with extreme prejudice. You won't be hearing about either one in a couple weeks.

Not sure it will get to that level. I think Putin will remain as long as the current espablishment remains. He's their kingpin.

MMC
12-14-2011, 02:18 PM
So are you saying there will be no vamooose andelai in with this espablishment? :laugh: :wink: :grin:

Mister D
12-14-2011, 02:25 PM
Chinese style? Nah I don't think so but I could be wrong. I guess if it gets serious enough the state will act with deadly volence. Unlike the CCCP, this cabal may not understand it's time is up or maybe it does.