PDA

View Full Version : Three Days In A Row

Tahuyaman
04-17-2021, 05:12 PM
For three days in a row, I've had friends suddenly drop dead. One was someone I could see was declining in health very quickly and he would not go see a doctor. When I'd address it with him, he'd get agitated and angry. The other two just suddenly collapsed and were dead from heart failure before they hit the floor. They had no diagnosed issues prior.

MisterVeritis
04-17-2021, 05:18 PM
I am of that age. I expect to live to age 94. But one can never tell.

Cotton1
04-17-2021, 05:24 PM
I am of that age. I expect to live to age 94. But one can never tell.run your actuary table. the number crunchers know. thats how they determine your life insurance rates.

MisterVeritis
04-17-2021, 05:25 PM
run your actuary table. the number crunchers know. thats how they determine your life insurance rates.
They say I will live to age 97.

Cotton1
04-17-2021, 05:25 PM
For three days in a row, I've had friends suddenly drop dead. One was someone I could see was declining in health very quickly and he would not go see a doctor. When I'd address it with him, he'd get agitated and angry. The other two just suddenly collapsed and were dead from heart failure before they hit the floor. They had no diagnosed issues prior.
in the end we all die of the same thing, heart failure. when it stops you are done. ejected from the playing field

DGUtley
04-17-2021, 05:26 PM

Thats odd, though Mrs U always says deaths come in threes.

MisterVeritis
04-17-2021, 05:27 PM
Americans die. 8,000 every day, give or take.

Cotton1
04-17-2021, 05:29 PM
in my first life i was a river scout with the Lewis and Clark Expedition. next thing i remember i was an 8 year old boy in a cotton field in Arkansas. just kidding.

Cotton1
04-17-2021, 05:32 PM
Americans die. 8,000 every day, give or take. thats about 5 per minute. some of them are waiting on their insurance to decide if they get to live or have to die. tough crowd

nathanbforrest45
04-17-2021, 05:59 PM
My wife said I died about three years ago! Not sure of what she means.

Tahuyaman
04-17-2021, 06:02 PM
Well, I've never seen anything like this in my life. Not even in the army deployed into a combat environment.

Over the course of my life I've had several friends die from automobile accidents, various cancers and even suicide, but never sudden unexpected death three days in a row.

Private Pickle
04-17-2021, 06:09 PM
Sounds like a cleansing.God is good.

Cotton1
04-17-2021, 06:47 PM
Well, I've never seen anything like this in my life. Not even in the army deployed into a combat environment.

Over the course of my life I've had several friends die from automobile accidents, various cancers and even suicide, but never sudden unexpected death three days in a row.

my condolences

Peter1469
04-17-2021, 06:53 PM
My dad died at 63. Complete failure of his vascular system.

I don't have those problems and expect to remain a long time to the irritation of all.

Tahuyaman
04-17-2021, 07:07 PM
Now I get an email from another friend who told me that his 30 year old daughter just unexpectedly died and he's going to need some help when I get back home next week. This is crazy.

Tahuyaman
04-17-2021, 07:11 PM
my condolences

Thank you, but I'm not concerned about my feelings. I'm going to do what I can for the families of my friends. One of my friend's who just died has no next of kin.

Standing Wolf
04-17-2021, 07:14 PM

That's always what is said about Hollywood celebrities' deaths, but as one comedian put it, "The third guy is always somebody like Lassie's hairdresser or the guy who used to dry off Lloyd Bridges".

Standing Wolf
04-17-2021, 07:15 PM

Not to be too personal, but do you shower regularly? That might be the answer.

Tahuyaman
04-17-2021, 07:16 PM
My dad died at 63. Complete failure of his vascular system.

I don't have those problems and expect to remain a long time to the irritation of all.

I have longevity in my family. My dad was 95 when he died and that was because my mom passed away a few months earlier at 92. They were married for almost 70 years.

Tahuyaman
04-17-2021, 07:18 PM
My wife says that I've never grown up. She says I'm the same as I was when I was a teenager. I can't contradict that.

When I was in the Army, one of my kids asked me what I wanted to do when I grew up.

Peter1469
04-17-2021, 07:20 PM
I have longevity in my family. My dad was 95 when he died and that was because my mom passed away a few months earlier at 92. They were married for almost 70 years.
I don't have much longevity in my family tree.

But genetics is old school. Epigenetics is the modern theory.

nathanbforrest45
04-17-2021, 07:27 PM
Not to be too personal, but do you shower regularly? That might be the answer.

Define regularly.

Standing Wolf
04-17-2021, 07:36 PM
Define regularly.

I know what you mean. Since retiring last August I have to confess that the morning shower ritual sometimes gets skipped. Imagine living in the Old West and only very seldom having an opportunity to bathe and then having to ride a horse on top of it all. Ouch.

Abby08
04-17-2021, 07:38 PM
I don't have much longevity in my family tree.

But genetics is old school. Epigenetics is the modern theory.

My grandmother lived to 98, my great grandmother also lived into her late nineties.

My parents both died at 73, 2 weeks apart, but my mom's twin sister is 83 and, as far as I know, healthy.

So, I guess I'll die somewhere in between 73 and, 98............LOL.....

Abby08
04-17-2021, 07:40 PM

That IS odd.

Tahuyaman
04-17-2021, 07:49 PM
My grandmother lived to 98, my great grandmother also lived into her late nineties.

My parents both died at 73, 2 weeks apart, but my mom's twin sister is 83 and, as far as I know, healthy.

So, I guess I'll die somewhere in between 73 and, 98............LOL.....
My aunt, my mom's oldest sister, passed away one day before her 100th birthday. She was awesome. When she passed away, she was the only one left from my mother's side of the family. I do have two cousins from my mom's side of the family and they are both assholes, so I don't count them. If I saw them today, at least the man, it would be ugly. I might end up in jail

donttread
04-18-2021, 03:12 PM

Wow that sucks , sorry for your triple loss.

Tahuyaman
04-18-2021, 03:15 PM
Wow that sucks , sorry for your triple loss.

So far none today.