PDA

View Full Version : OK...another "Which 3 guns" thread.

Retirednsmilin308
05-08-2021, 01:54 AM
Funny, I was setting out three guns to go shoot tomorrow and when i stood back and looked at them, I says to meself...hmmm...nice combination indeed !

So...here we go. Yet another beat into the ground, " Which ____ (number) guns would you select.

I use the word SELECT because i do not want to leave the impression these are the only three guns you are allowed to keep by some oppressive regime. An oppressive regime would not let you have any guns at all.

Rather i propose this Walter Mitty scenario.

You have to spend a year out on a cabin where the game is plentiful, but there is a chance you MAY...MAY...run into some unsavory characters of the human variety, or big nasty tempered animals that will stomp you into the local flora or chew on you just enough so you can't crawl away.

I saw these three I set out and they all fit the bill nicely.
An FAL in 7.62 NATO
An HK 416 in .22LR with a better stock and silencer.
A Ruger Mk 4 in .22LR that takes the same silencer.

Yes, gun snobs, I said SILENCER. That is what is written right on the box from SIG, and is what all federal paperwork refers to them as, so get over it.

Your choices and thoughts ? There are no wrong answers.

Retirednsmilin308
05-08-2021, 02:05 AM
I made the scope cover from a bicycle inner tube and got the idea from an old gun book from the 30's.

It really protects the scope from rain, ice, mud, dents & dings like nothing else on the market.

I sewed up the ends with my old sailing canvas awl, but they can be just as easily be stapled together.

Just get the proper inner tube diameter for your scope, then cut it about an inch longer so it will stretch over it and POOF!...perfect protection.

midcan5
05-08-2021, 06:19 AM
PS edit: you look like you are ready for war. LOL

To each their own. While I loved shooting my long rifle 22, I was expert in military, today the decision is which camera. Quieter simpler and shareable. There is magic and life sometimes in a photo. Did a family's flower stand yesterday, gonna make them a copy.

"Often people ask what I'm photographing, which is a hard question to answer. And the best what I've come up with is I just say: Life today." William Eggleston

"I had this notion of what I called a democratic way of looking around, that nothing was more or less important." William Eggleston

"The painter constructs, the photographer discloses." Susan Sontag

"I thought I was taking pictures of things that I hated. But there was something about these pictures. They were unexpectedly, disconcertingly glorious." Robert Adams

"Photography is the story I fail to put into words." Destin Sparks

FindersKeepers
05-08-2021, 06:27 AM
PS edit: you look like you are ready for war. LOL

To each their own. While I loved shooting my long rifle 22, I was expert in military, today the decision is which camera. Quieter simpler and shareable. There is magic and life sometimes in a photo. Did a family's flower stand yesterday, gonna make them a copy.

No need to choose one over the other, because their purposes don't overlap.

You can have and enjoy both.

PaulyWalnuts
05-08-2021, 07:00 AM
I dont own any guns... but each of my girlfriends do. Sometimes they leave at my place a .22 Berretta Bobcat a .357 revolver and a Remmington 870 12 gauge.

Just so I am clear these are not mine, I am not allowed to be in possestion of such things.

US Conservative
06-05-2021, 10:15 PM
Ruger 10/22, for small game and the trap line, as well as quiet, cheap practice.

Semi auto 12 Guage, slugs for bear, buckshot for deer and home defense, and winged game. I'm partial to the Beretta 1301 tactical.

Precision AR in 6.5 creed for long range hunting. .308 would also work.