PDA

View Full Version : French ex-President Jacques Chirac guilty of corruption

Conley
12-15-2011, 10:22 AM
A French court has given former President Jacques Chirac a two-year suspended prison sentence for diverting public funds and abusing public trust.
Mr Chirac, 79, was not in court to hear the verdict because of ill-health but denied wrongdoing.
President from 1995 to 2007, he was put on trial on charges that dated back to his time as mayor of Paris.
He was accused of paying members of his Rally for the Republic (RPR) party for municipal jobs that did not exist.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-16194089

Remember our old buddy Chirac? He messed up big time...you have to have done some pretty bad stuff to be sent to prison as a 79 year old ex-President. I had forgotten he was embroiled in this scandal.

MMC
12-15-2011, 10:36 AM
Well they just got done saying this morning about how France has had over 30 years without ever balancing their budget. Their finance minister laid in to the UK Because S&P is going to drop France's credit rating from triple A.

Here I keep asking how in the hell did they get triple A ratings in the first place for the last 30 years if all knew this!

Conley
12-15-2011, 01:43 PM
How long has it been since we had a balanced budget, just out of curiosity? It has to be more than thirty years, right?

Elibe
12-15-2011, 05:07 PM
it definitely was before reagan that is for certain

MMC
12-15-2011, 05:49 PM
Well the difference was France's banks didnt have liquidity throughout all that time. Their Economy was not rolling along and nor was there all this emphasis on the NWO.

Mister D
12-15-2011, 06:05 PM
it definitely was before reagan that is for certain

That's getting close to my birthday. We may not have had a balanced budget since I was born!