PDA

View Full Version : OK...so how do you " mellow out " ?

Retirednsmilin308
05-10-2021, 06:40 AM
OK...you have made your point on tPF, got in some really good zingers on the other guys, and now it is time to relax. :laugh:

I am just curious how you do it.

I, of course, will start.

If it is daytime, I take a .22 rifle and go out back and plink. Plinking is popping away at random targets I set up on my wall. very relaxing.

If I can't go outside, I generally make a hot cup of GROG and relax with a book or just my thoughts. TV is not relaxing at all in any way for me. The GROG recipe I have dates from 1725 and is yummy. 1 part dark rum, 3 parts dark brown sugar, squeeze of lime, sprinkle of cinnamon and hot water. It is dark, sweet, and relaxing.:cool2:

So how do YOU relax after a hard day's fighting on the internet ? :evil:

Chris
05-10-2021, 07:27 AM
I come here to the forum and plink stupid posts.

Hoosier8
05-10-2021, 08:09 AM
OK...you have made your point on tPF, got in some really good zingers on the other guys, and now it is time to relax. :laugh:

If it is daytime, I take a .22 rifle and go out back and plink. Plinking is popping away at random targets I set up on my wall. very relaxing.

If I can't go outside, I generally make a hot cup of GROG and relax with a book or just my thoughts. TV is not relaxing at all in any way for me. The GROG recipe I have dates from 1725 and is yummy. 1 part dark rum, 3 parts dark brown sugar, squeeze of lime, sprinkle of cinnamon and hot water. It is dark, sweet, and relaxing.:cool2:

I will work until midnight then fall fast asleep.

countryboy
05-10-2021, 10:24 AM

I like to ride around on the four wheeler and swap out the memory cards on the trail cams. I might take a couple of beers with me and chill out at my favorite spot up on a hill.

I also like to mow grass, believe it or not. Throw the earbuds in, and earmuffs on top of that, and a good audiobook or podcast, and away I go. I keep a few acres mowed.

carolina73
05-10-2021, 10:34 AM
A little over a year ago it would simply have been workout and then go down to the hotel bar and grab dinner and a beer. That was all I would usually have time to do.
Now when I get to abandoned the emails and phone for the day, I head outside to get any sunshine that I can get. Walk the dog, mow the lawn...

My return to travel was postponed this week because I had to get shots in one of my eyes, but next week starts my move back to a normal life.

BenjaminO
05-10-2021, 09:26 PM

Plinking with the Benjamins...I try to shoot 2 or 3 from the collection every week. Keeps them in working order.
Golf three days a week.

My wife makes a wonderful black cherry shake with a touch of Bailey's Chocolate Cherry...well maybe more than a touch. :wink:

Abby08
05-10-2021, 10:51 PM
I take a swig of Nyquil and, go to bed.......LOL

Hoosier8
05-10-2021, 10:54 PM
I like to ride around on the four wheeler and swap out the memory cards on the trail cams. I might take a couple of beers with me and chill out at my favorite spot up on a hill.

I also like to mow grass, believe it or not. Throw the earbuds in, and earmuffs on top of that, and a good audiobook or podcast, and away I go. I keep a few acres mowed.
I like that.

Cotton1
05-13-2021, 02:37 PM
I stay on the forum seeking knowledge and exchanging ideas , like everyone else. :grin:

jigglepete
05-13-2021, 04:48 PM
I snort a marijuana before bed...

Red Lily
05-13-2021, 05:01 PM
If I can't relax by getting my hands dirty in the garden I'll grab a book to lose myself in and fall asleep.

Abby08
05-13-2021, 10:27 PM
If I can't relax by getting my hands dirty in the garden I'll grab a book to lose myself in and fall asleep.

I fall asleep a lot better/faster with the TV on.....background noise......my TV will turn itself off after a few hours if there's been no change of channels, so I don't have to worry about it being on all night.