PDA

View Full Version : A Brilliant Teacher teaches a lesion in Racial Ignorance to 3rd Graders 40 years ago!

Cigar
06-27-2013, 07:29 AM
Watch A Teacher Make Her 3rd-Grade Kids Hate Each Other For The Best Reason Imaginable

I saw this video in college, and I immediately changed my major. The payoff at the end is brilliant and a perfect metaphor for what we deal with and face every day in our society. Like "Catcher in the Rye" is to high school students, this is part of your Upworthy required reading.

1:30: This teacher begins a study that will be talked about for 40 years.
3:00: She re-creates segregation and racism in her classroom.
7:45: Mrs. Elliott flips the entire class on their heads.
10:00 Jane Elliot makes the most profound discovery about us all
11:43: The students learn something that the world is still struggling to.
There are too many great moments to point out. Just watch.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=VeK759FF84s

It's 15 Minutes ... but it's 15 minutes that your average Bigot couldn't take two seconds of, because it's something they can't defend and that's Racial Ignorance. Racism and bigotry are alive and well 40 years later.

TheInternet
06-27-2013, 09:12 AM
Yes, Cigar, racism is alive and well today. And all races are equally guilty.

Cigar
06-27-2013, 10:57 AM
Yes, Cigar, racism is alive and well today. And all races are equally guilty.

Correction ... All Racist are Equally Guilty of being Racist.

... if you watched the Video you'll see that the color of their eyes had nothing to do with how they chose to act.

GrassrootsConservative
06-27-2013, 11:15 AM
What an excellent video. It proves the point that when you bring up racism and make people into victims, you only further create racism.

The teacher pointed out the difference in eye color and the kids started to get violent with each other.

A "brown-eyed" kid punched a "blue-eyed" kid, all because the teacher pointed out the difference in eye color.

What a great lesson in how Democrats are making racism a much more escalated problem than it was before they tried to "help" it.

What did you learn, Cigar?

Cigar
06-27-2013, 11:17 AM
What an excellent video. It proves the point that when you bring up racism and make people into victims, you only further create racism.

The teacher pointed out the difference in eye color and the kids started to get violent with each other.

A "brown-eyed" kid punched a "blue-eyed" kid, all because the teacher pointed out the difference in eye color.

What a great lesson in how Democrats are making racism a much more escalated problem than it was before they tried to "help" it.

What did you learn, Cigar?

No one asked for anyone's Birth Certificate.

TheInternet
06-27-2013, 11:38 AM
Correction ... All Racist are Equally Guilty of being Racist.

... if you watched the Video you'll see that the color of their eyes had nothing to do with how they chose to act.

Yes, and racists come from every race.

nic34
06-27-2013, 12:42 PM
What everyone misses is that racism is taught and handed down generation to generation.

Cigar
06-27-2013, 12:50 PM
Yes, and racists come from every race.

I don't remember anyone ever saying anything different, some are just more defensive and in denial.

TheInternet
06-27-2013, 01:33 PM
What everyone misses is that racism is taught and handed down generation to generation.

Not really. Even very young kids have a preference for those who look like them.

Additionally, your statement dismisses the fact that people can create their own opinions on matters that are different than their parents.

I don't remember anyone ever saying anything different, some are just more defensive and in denial.

No one ever says it outright. It doesn't have to be. There are certain people around here who only like to look at the racism of certain races and constantly bellyache about it, even create daily threads about it. They never bother to look at, or talk about, the racism that exists in the other races. Gives the impression that those individuals, as you put it, are "defensive and in denial."

nic34
06-27-2013, 01:39 PM
Not really. Even very young kids have a preference for those who look like them.

Additionally, your statement dismisses the fact that people can create their own opinions on matters that are different than their parents.

I don't dismiss that. But I also don't believe parents have NO influence on their kids. That would be a silly assertion.

Cigar
06-27-2013, 01:39 PM

No one ever says it outright. It doesn't have to be. There are certain people around here who only like to look at the racism of certain races and constantly bellyache about it, even create daily threads about it. They never bother to look at, or talk about, the racism that exists in the other races. Gives the impression that those individuals, as you put it, are "defensive and in denial."

Rick is that you ... ?

http://underthemountainbunker.files.wordpress.com/2012/01/1-21.jpg

TheInternet
06-27-2013, 01:42 PM
I don't dismiss that. But I also don't believe parents have NO influence on their kids. That would be a silly assertion.

Thats at odds with how your first statement came across. The way I took it was that the reason for racism is parents teaching their kids those beliefs. It's probably a smaller component than you think.

Cigar
06-27-2013, 01:45 PM
Thats at odds with how your first statement came across. The way I took it was that the reason for racism is parents teaching their kids those beliefs. It's probably a smaller component than you think.

Looks to me like the Adults don't know shit either.

Has any Senior GOP Leadership steeped up and said anything to squash that Birth Certificate shit?

Or do they use the Ignorant to get what they want?

TheInternet
06-27-2013, 01:45 PM
Rick is that you ... ?

http://underthemountainbunker.files.wordpress.com/2012/01/1-21.jpg

Thats all you have? I think my post was pretty clear.

TheInternet
06-27-2013, 01:48 PM
Looks to me like the Adults don't know shit either.

Has any Senior GOP Leadership steeped up and said anything to squash that Birth Certificate shit?

Or do they use the Ignorant to get what they want?

Plenty on the right have spoken out against it.

Have any dems stepped up to squash the faux "republicans hate women" bullshit?

Or do they use the ignorant to get what they want?

nic34
06-27-2013, 01:51 PM
They "hate" FREE women.

But they know it's not PC to actually say that, (except when it slips out).... they just write laws. :wink:

Cigar
06-27-2013, 01:58 PM
Thats all you have? I think my post was pretty clear.

Are you kidding me ... really ? I can go on all day ... :grin:

http://images.sodahead.com/polls/002380177/2658965834_inline_12010517083_xlarge.jpeg

TheInternet
06-27-2013, 02:00 PM
They "hate" FREE women.

But they know it's not PC to actually say that, (except when it slips out).... they just write laws. :wink:

44% of women voted for Romney. I guess they all "hate" themselves.

Which laws were written specifically out of hate for women?

Surely you see the parallels of the "Obama is an illegal" and the "GOP hates women arguments"? They're both bullshit with very little evidence, but the fringe of the opposing parties latch onto them and spout them as fact. Each side looks equally silly.

TheInternet
06-27-2013, 02:02 PM
Are you kidding me ... really ? I can go on all day ... :grin:

http://images.sodahead.com/polls/002380177/2658965834_inline_12010517083_xlarge.jpeg

If you insist on adding pointless pictures to the end of your equally pointless posts, could you at least make them interesting?

nic34
06-27-2013, 02:05 PM
Sure I see the arguments as both BS.... just like the argument that repubs really do like the poor and middle class, they just oppose helping them out, like allowing collective barganing, raising the mim. wage, unemployment benefits........etc.....

Cigar
06-27-2013, 02:07 PM
If you insist on adding pointless pictures to the end of your equally pointless posts, could you at least make them interesting?

I'll do whatever I want to do ... the way I want to do it ... because that's the way it is now.

Get use to it.

Cigar
06-27-2013, 02:08 PM
Sure I see the arguments as both BS.... just like the argument that repubs really do like the poor and middle class, they just oppose helping them out, like allowing collective barganing, raising the mim. wage, unemployment benefits........etc.....

They just Love the unborn fetuses ... it's the babies they don't give a shit about.

junie
06-27-2013, 02:23 PM
"Watch A Teacher Make Her 3rd-Grade Kids Hate Each Other For The Best Reason Imaginable"

i had a teacher who did something similar with our class back in the mid 70s...iirc 5th grade. it was an awesome lesson which i will never forget!

TheInternet
06-27-2013, 04:19 PM

Same bullshit hysterics. Just wrapped a little differently.

I'll do whatever I want to do ... the way I want to do it ... because that's the way it is now.

Get use to it.

sigar riserves thee write two spel wirds iny whay hee wunts two.

TheInternet
06-27-2013, 04:21 PM
Racist:

nic34
06-27-2013, 04:40 PM
Same bullshit hysterics. Just wrapped a little differently.

Maybe collective barganing, raising the mim. wage, unemployment benefits is just hysterics to you, but to millions of other working Americans it can be the difference between life and death.

That kind of concern will really get the repubs a long way....

zelmo1234
06-27-2013, 05:01 PM
[QUOTE=nic34;315268]Sure I see the arguments as both BS.... just like the argument that repubs really do like the poor and middle class, they just oppose helping them out, like allowing collective barganing, raising the mim. wage, unemployment benefits........etc.....[/QUOTE

I see your point, because the Democrats do support those things. and the people vote for them.

They want forced collective bargining, not chosen by the employee's, and that leads to people loosing thier jobs.

They support higher minimium wages which take jobs form kids and does not allow them to learn work ethic so it makes is hard for them to find a job when they leave school!

And of course the Dems do support unmployment benifits for as long as needed, which means families loose thiere cars and homes

Well so you see the democrats love to cry conpassion but the results of thier compassion are devistating to the family! However the Republicans that promote free market solutions and jobs allow for people to support themselves

zelmo1234
06-27-2013, 05:02 PM
Maybe collective barganing, raising the mim. wage, unemployment benefits is just hysterics to you, but to millions of other working Americans it can be the difference between life and death.

That kind of concern will really get the repubs a long way....

But more times than not, theya re the reason that the factories close down and move to other countries.

How does that help the people?

TheInternet
06-27-2013, 05:07 PM
Maybe collective barganing, raising the mim. wage, unemployment benefits

No, its the same "they hate XXXXX group" for these reasons.

Right to work states have lower unemployment than non right to work states
Most agree that increasing minimum wage increases unemployment.

Really, Nic, you're arguing for higher unemployment rates. So, who hates the poor?

State have unemployment benefits programs already. The broke federal gov doesn't need one. I'll concede its not a big deal though.

Painting the party trying to bring down unemployment as "anti-poor people" is bullshit.

is just hysterics to you, but to millions of other working Americans it can be the difference between life and death.

The definition of "hysterics": saying millions of Americans have to have these policies because its a matter of "life and death". LOL. Any source for this? Could you show it's life and death for millions? What about one hundred thousand? Are these programs life and death for one hundred thousand people? How about just one thousand. Yes, one thousand people. Can you provide evidence its life and death for them? No?

Ok, ok. How about 100 people? Do you have any evidence that these policies are life and death for 100 people? How about 10 cases where someone in the United States has starved? Could you provide that evidence?

I get really fucking sick of people on here literally pulling shit out of their asses and posting it as fact.

nic34
06-27-2013, 05:19 PM
No, its the same "they hate XXXXX group" for these reasons.

Right to work states have lower unemployment than non right to work states

Really, Nic, you're arguing for higher unemployment rates. So, who hates the poor?

State have unemployment benefits programs already. The broke federal gov doesn't need one. I'll concede its not a big deal though.

Painting the party trying to bring down unemployment as "anti-poor people" is bullshit.

Yes they have the right to work for less. How does that get folks off dependency?

The definition of "hysterics": saying millions of Americans have to have these policies because its a matter of "life and death". LOL. Any source for this? Could you show it's life and death for millions? What about one hundred thousand? Are these programs life and death for one hundred thousand people? How about just one thousand. Yes, one thousand people. Can you provide evidence its life and death for them? No?

Ok, ok. How about 100 people? Do you have any evidence that these policies are life and death for 100 people? How about 10 cases where someone in the United States has starved? Could you provide that evidence?

Maybe we should end all and any assistance to find out? That'll be entertaining.

I get really fucking sick of people on here literally pulling shit out of their asses and posting it as fact.

Yeah, so do I....

GrassrootsConservative
06-27-2013, 09:03 PM

Nice double negative.

TheInternet
06-27-2013, 10:04 PM
Yes they have the right to work for less. How does that get folks off dependency?

uhh... gets them working. Is it that hard to understand? If there's a job available, they can get it. Its hard to "get folks off dependency" when there isn't a job out there for them, right or wrong?

Maybe we should end all and any assistance to find out? That'll be entertaining.

Strawman. No mainstream pols. are making a case for ending any and all assistance.

Yeah, so do I....

You can either back up your assertion that "millions depend on these programs", or knock the shit off. Which will it be? Don't try to project it back on me because I called you out on your bullshit lies.

Here's your post:

Which of the three items you mentioned are "life and death"?
Raising min. wage? Do you have a source that millions are dying bc min wage hasn't been raised?
Getting rid of collective bargaining? Do you have a source that getting rid of this would be "life and death"?
Unemployment benefits? Source that this is life and death? Who is dying because the gov is not offering 99 weeks any more? Where's the fucking source?

You have no sources. Its your typical bullshit hysterics.